As babies grow, they go from crawling to walking, running, jumping, and climbing anything that can be ascended. But it is not safe for them to just climb up anything, is it? Enter climbing toys, which are designed to indulge the active personalities of toddlers but in a safe way. A climbing toy for toddlers may even help the little one grow nimble.
11 Best Climbing Toys For Toddlers
- It features four toys in one. The toys include climbing stairs, a slide, a basketball hoop, and a crawl-through space.
- The edges of the toy are rounded to keep the toddlers safe.
- Assembling the components of the toy is simple and does not require tools.
- The plastic of the toy is brightly colored and durable.
Shop Related Products:
- The set has five pieces of three-dimensional shapes made from soft material, giving each block a pillow-like consistency.
- The blocks can be arranged to create a toy that the toddler can climb.
- One block is shaped as a climbing ramp, which makes climbing easy.
- The blocks are heavy-duty and easy to clean.
- The soft material of the blocks reduces the risk of injury.
Shop Related Products:
- The climbing toy is shaped like a giant caterpillar and can be used indoors and outdoors.
- The toy comes in sections that can be pieced together to create the caterpillar climbing toy for toddlers.
- Tiny circular windows in the body of the caterpillar work as footpegs to make climbing easy.
- The hollow space within the caterpillar lets the toddler crawl and scramble through.
- The toy is brightly colored. Colorful legs of the caterpillar provide stability to the toy.
Shop Related Products:
- The monkey bar ships disassembled as a set of plastic tubes and connectors. The plastic tubes lock in place with the connectors to form the structure of the climbing toy.
- The toy is lightweight when disassembled and stored.
- It is suitable for indoor and outdoor play. The plastic of the toy features UV protection to prevent damage due to extended exposure to sunlight.
- Once assembled, the monkey bars stay rigidly in their place.
Shop Related Products:
- The toddler can enjoy climbing, sliding, and crawling with this toy.
- The slide is wider than usual and features side rails that provide a secure grip to the child.
- The plastic of the toy is durable and sturdy. The material is resistant to UV damage, which makes the climbing toy suitable for outdoor use too.
- A small space within the toy acts as a “driving seat” where little ones can play with an attached plastic steering wheel and dashboard.
- The bright colors make the toy attractive while the rounded edges ensure safety.
- The toy ships disassembled as a set of plastic tubes, connectors, and a slide. The tubes and connectors join to form the frame.
- The entire climbing frame can be folded in a few seconds for easy storage.
- The toy is made of durable polypropylene plastic and is resistant to damage from UV rays.
- A slide can be attached and removed depending on whether or not the toddler wants to play with it.
- The climbing toy for toddlers comes with a one year warranty from the manufacturer.
- The compact climbing toy for toddler contains a slide, which is of the right size for young toddlers.
- The toy is designed to allow toddlers to crawl through the frame of the toy.
- The side of the toy features a ball maze where the ball slides in a zig-zag pattern to eventually land into a tray beneath. The toy ships with ten play balls. More can be bought separately.
- The toy is painted in bright colors that will attract toddlers.
- The toy is shaped like the deck of a pirate ship and features a ship’s wheel, a plastic flag, and pirate insignia.
- The ship’s wheel is movable for imaginative play. The entire toy is attractively colored to make it appealing to toddlers.
- A small ladder allows the toddler to climb to the upper deck where the flag and the ship’s wheel are located.
- The plastic is resistant to the effects of weather, and the colors are resistant to fading.
- The toy consists of several panels, which are easy for parents to assemble.
- The climbing toy comes with a slide and a swing – both attached to the same frame.
- The seat of the swing comes with a three-point harness for the safety of the toddler.
- The slide has a gentle slope for soft landings. The rounded edges of the toy minimize the risk of injury.
- The swing and its support wall are removable in case the toddler only wants to use the slide.
- The ladder lies on the side of the climbing toy. A deck at the end of the ladder provides a safety zone where the toddler can sit.
- A safety rail works as a barrier at the back of the deck.
- The slide ends in a rounded edge for a soft landing at the end of the slide.
- Space below the frame of the climbing toy allows the little one to crawl through it.
- The large climbing toy has several playable features and is ideal to be placed outdoors.
- The sidewalls of the toy work as climbing walls. Grooves within the walls accommodate tiny feet and provide the toddler grip while climbing.
- There are three crawl-through tunnels at the base of the toy’s frame.
- The rounded edge at the base of the slide provides a soft landing on sliding.
- A telescope and steering wheel in the frame of the toy allow for imaginative play.
How To Select A Climbing Toy?
Climbing toys could require the toddler to climb using their hands and legs (like monkey bars). Alternatively, the toy could require only a little climbing activity (like slides and climbers with stairs). You may consider the following pointers while picking a climbing toy for your toddler:
- Indoor or outdoor: Climbing toys could be used indoors or outdoors. Choose a variant depending on where you would like the toddler to play.
- Weight appropriate: The toy should be suitable for the toddler’s weight. A climbing toy meant for younger toddlers may topple when used by an older toddler who weighs more.
- Right height: Climbing toys can come in varying heights. Pick the one that is convenient for your toddler to climb.
- Suitable complexity: Some climbing toys may be complex for the little ones to climb. Pick a toy that you feel will be easy for your little one to understand and play.
A climbing toy engages the child physically and should be used with proper precautions in place to ensure safety. We elaborate on that next.
Safety Precautions To Take While Using Climbing Toys
Keep in mind the following three safety precautions about climbing toys for toddlers:
- Check sturdiness: The materials of the toy must be durable. Check the rigidity of the joints and all the connected parts after you have assembled it.
- Avoid toys with sharp edges: Sharp-edged toys may be potential hazards and may cause injury in the case of a fall. Toys with rounded and smooth edges are safer.
- Discard once the toddler outgrows the toy: Once your toddler is beyond the weight limit of the climbing toy, then discard the toy even if it is in good condition. The toy could collapse or topple over a toddler if they are heavier than the toy.
Climbing toys may improve physical dexterity and eventually help the little one achieve their physical developmental milestones on time. The best ways to get the most out of a climbing toy for toddlers is to check the rigidity of the frame regularly and bear the weight-limit of the toy in mind. These measures will let the child indulge in regular physical activity but in a safe environment.
Have you purchased a climbing toy for your toddler? Do tell us about it in the comment section below.
- Best Stem Toys for Toddlers:
- Best Stuffed Animals for Babies & Toddlers:
- Best Bath Toys for Toddlers:
- Best Educational Toys for Toddlers: