Clogs originated as shoes that were made partially or wholly of wood and were worn by the working class who could not afford anything better. These shoes are now made from a variety of sophisticated materials and have become a part of everyday wear. The best clogs for women are fashionable and can be accessorized with a variety of outfits, whether you are heading to work or chilling with friends over the weekend.
In this post, MomJunction list some of the best clogs for women. Keep reading to pick a pair that best suits you.
The 15 Best Clogs For Women In 2021
These clogs for women have a comfortable build and are ideal for all-day wear, and to work. They also come with a bit of shine, which is perfect when you are heading to a party.
- Shiny patent leather upper
- Lightweight and durable build
- Polyurethane sole with grooves
- Heel with a height of two inches
- Extra room in the reinforced toe area
- The wide heel provides good stability
- Padded instep provides cushioning
This is one of the best pairs of clogs for women and has a unisex style, which makes it suitable for men as well. They are one of the best clogs for walking and are created from sophisticated, lightweight material.
- Lining ideal for colder months
- Lightweight Croslite foam material
- Durable design and build
- Pivoting heel strap
- Heel strap keeps clogs secure on feet
- Comfortable footbed
Created with a slip-on design, these clogs are available in several attractive colors and are ideal for use at home. They can also be used outdoors, as they have soles that can easily grip various surfaces.
- Upper made with Microterry material
- Durable rubber sole
- Cushioning on insole reduces impacts
- Treads on the sole improve traction
Featuring a trendy design and heel, these clogs can be easily slipped on. They are comfortable and ideal for all-day wear, whether you are at home, outdoors, or at work. They are lined on the inside to provide added warmth.
- Upper created from 100 percent suede
- Warm faux fur trim and lining
- Synthetic lugged sole
- Two-inch high heel and one-inch platform
- Midsole designed to absorb impact
Available in several colors and patterns and created with artificial leather, these clogs are ideal for the fashion-conscious. They also have cushioning and padding, which make them a comfortable option for all-day use.
- Upper made from faux leather
- Easy to wear slip-on design
- Synthetic sole with wood finish
- Footbed with padding and wide toe box
- Padded insole with arch support
- Lightweight build with a two-inch heel
- Treads on the outsole provide good traction
These comfortable clogs for walking feature a breathable mesh and have a durable build. Available in attractive color combinations, they can be slipped on easily and worn comfortably all through the day.
- Textile mesh upper
- Breathable mesh lining
- Merrell air cushioning in the heel
- Shock-absorbing materials and design
- Rubber sole with treads for grip
Created with a combination of synthetic materials, these clogs are ideal and comfortable for wearing at home or work. Available in six colors, they are cushioned to reduce impacts.
- Classy suede upper with elastic inserts
- A heel that is 1.25 inches high
- Midsole with three levels of cushioning
- Cushioned heel and soft middle
- A footbed that is contoured to the shape of the feet
Inspired by the 1980s disco clogs, this pair is made with Swedish wood and leather from Italy. These clogs are styled as sandals, have a high heel, and make a bold fashion statement.
- Heel with a height of approximately 3.5 inches
- 100 percent leather upper
- Hand-made construction that makes it durable
- Platform sandal design with wood heel
- Comfortable contouring on the footbed
- Slip-resistant lugged sole
The leather upper that is lined with fabric provides these clogs with classic good looks and makes them ideal for all-day wear. They are designed to be easily slipped on and provide cushioning for the feet.
- Leather material with durable stitching
- Approximately two-inch high heel
- Synthetic material is used to create the sole
- Genuine full-grain leather upper
- Available in eight colors
- Cushioning on the footbed for extra comfort
- Outsole with treads provides added traction
- Buckle and elastic gore provide a customized fit
This is a rustic-styled clog created with a combination of several materials. It has a dual-colored leather top with crossed straps and metal studs as part of its detailing, along with a steady and sturdy rubber heel.
- Chocolate-hued leather upper with black straps
- Accents composed of buckle and studs
- Long-lasting stitching
- Two-inch high rubber heel with treads
Created with a slip-on design, these are one of the most comfortable women’s clogs. The upper has subtle patterns that provide these clogs with great style and make them ideal for all-day wear.
- Durable synthetic material
- Rubber sole with treads provides added traction
- A 1.75-inch high heel
- Easily removable footbed
- Molded clogs that can be easily cleaned
This clog has an upper that features an elegant has laser-cut floral pattern and shine in certain color options, which are suitable for party or clubwear. They are built to provide users with a good amount of comfort.
- Higher arch support for feet
- A shiny finish on the upper portion
- Cut out patterns allow for air to circulate freely
- Three-inch high heel
- The Velcro ankle strap is easily adjustable
- Slip-on design with open back
- Memory foam interior cushioning
These clogs are the perfect choice whether you’re walking to work, shopping, or just hanging out with friends. They have an elegant look and can be worn with several outfits, including skirts and jeans.
- 100 percent leather upper
- Rounded toe area
- Cushioned footbed provides added comfort
- Adjustable strap with buckle closure
- Durable synthetic sole
- Molded lightweight heel
- Heel with a height of 2¼ inches
- Available in two colors
Among the best clogs available, this pair stands out as it is made to meet the current fashion standards. The clogs are created from comfortable materials and can easily be slipped on for everyday use.
- One-inch platform with a two-inch heel
- Sole with faux wooden finish
- Footbed with comfortable cushioning
- Orthotic support and heel cup provide stability
- Suede upper with metal studs detailing
- Rubber layered onto the sole
Made of a leather upper that features a T-strap, these are among the best options when it comes to women’s fashion clogs. These clogs are versatile and ideal for everyday wear at the office or at school.
- Durable rubber outsole
- Heel with a height of two inches
- High-quality leather upper
- Platform with faux wood finish
- Studs on the trim add a classy touch
- Ankle strap with an integrated buckle for tightening
- The comfortable footbed provides added support
What Are Clogs?
Clogs derive their name from footwear that was traditionally worn by peasants and the working class in several areas of the world, but they are currently as fashionable as other types of shoes.
- Clogs usually feature a fully enclosed toe area
- They were originally made completely from wood
- Traditional clogs provided protection to feet when working
- Wood in modern clogs is usually used to create the heel
- Sophisticated materials are used to create modern clogs
- They are designed to be easily slipped on
- They can be created for use indoors, in gardens, and outdoors
- When designed for men clogs, have lower heels or none at all
Clogs In 2021: The New Trends To Look Out For
If you are planning to buy clogs this year, here is what you should be aware of.
- Clogs in bright reds and neon colors are making a comeback
- Studs and detailing around the edges of clogs are popular
- High heels in clogs are going to be sticking around for a long time
- Combination clog mules are going to be increasingly common
- Embellished buckles on clogs will provide them with a youthful vibe
- Cork soles are going to be used more on clogs
- Swedish designs and quirky patterns are popular for spring
How To Style Clogs?
Clogs are created with open or closed heels, can be laced up or slipped on, and are made from a variety of materials. We have drawn up tips to help you style different types of clogs to perfection, whether you are heading to the office or to a party.
- Clog boots are versatile and provide a hippie edge to short skirts and pants
- Classic clogs with colored leather uppers and wooden soles are ideal for school and college wear
- Brown clogs with adjustable ankle straps and high heels pair well with various casual pants
- Bright hued clogs are the perfect match for ripped jeans
- Leopard print clogs can be worn with black pants or skirts during a date night
- Biker chic clogs with studs perfectly pair with patchwork denim
- Pair leather clogs with socks created with sheer material when wearing skirts
- High heeled clogs with peep toes pair perfectly with floral skirts during summer
- Fur lined clogs or clog booties are ideal when worn with socks during winter
How To Choose the Right Clogs For Women?
Good quality clogs created with the right design are comfortable, especially if you spend a lot of time on your feet during the day. Here are some tips you should be aware of when choosing clogs for women.
- Decide on the height of the heel and the space for the toes
Work shoes need to be comfortable, especially if you do a lot of standing or walking. Clogs used daily for work need to have no heel or medium heel and keep your feet as close to the ground as possible. Additionally, clogs used daily should be broader around the toe area and allow the toes to spread out.
- Check the material
If you plan to use your clogs for several years, then get versions with leather or suede uppers. However, clogs made from artificial waterproof material are ideal if you want to use them outdoors.
- Find a clog that is ideal for your feet
A clog needs to fit your foot well, especially if you have wider toes or feet. So, ensure that the build is suitable.
- Opt for a long-lasting style
Buying a clog that is trendy this year could result in it going out of fashion soon. So, opting for clogs with classic style in black or brown will allow you to wear them for several years.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to take care of clogs?
Clogs are made from several materials. If the material used to create clogs is waterproof, you can use water to remove stains and dirt. Clogs made from suede have to be cleaned with a damp cloth to remove dirt. The leather on clogs can be sprayed before wearing them, and they also have to be conditioned with oil or beeswax every few months.
2. Are clogs good for the feet?
Comfortable clogs are preferred by many who walk or stand for long durations every day. However, clogs with high heels or those that are designed badly can cause problems just like any other footwear.
3. Can you wear clogs with skinny jeans?
Yes, you can pair beige or black clogs when wearing skinny jeans to create a minimalistic and stylish look.
4. Should you wear socks with clogs?
It is not necessary to wear socks with clogs, especially during summer. But sheer socks can be used to style them. However, during winter or cold months, wearing thick woolen socks with clogs is ideal.
Wearing the right clogs, you can work all day in comfort, go on an extended shopping trip, or party in style. Clogs are also among the trendy footwear this year, and newer and better versions are continually appearing on catwalks.
Do let us know in the comment section if the clogs that we highlighted in this list were just what you needed.