One of the quickest ways to feel like a celebrity in your own home is to install the best closet lighting to add a classy, sophisticated feel to your evening routines. Whether you have a tiny wardrobe or a full-fledged walk-in closet, the right amount of lighting can instantly enhance your room’s appearance.
LED lights, in particular, are a good option as they help you save electricity while being durable. Here, we list some of the most dazzling LED lights for closets to add some extra oomph to your cupboard.
Our Top Picks
Types Of Closet Lighting
You could come across the following types of closet lights in the market.
- Strip lights: Strip lights are strings of tiny LED lights attached to the walls with an adhesive.
- Recessed lights: These lights fit inside the cutout in the ceiling. It has a diameter of three to five inches and is usually round in shape.
- Track lighting: These lights are simple to install and are ideal for walk-in closets. Individual light bulbs are mounted on a metal bar, which can be twisted to specific areas of your closet.
- Motion sensor lighting: These lights turn on automatically when they detect the movement within their sensor range.
- Wireless lighting: These do not require any electric wiring. They are battery-supported and rechargeable.
11 Best LED Lightings For Closets
Moston’s closet lights are powerful and long-lasting, thanks to a built-in 2500mAh rechargeable battery. In addition, these lights will turn on automatically if you are within a 20-foot range in the dark, thanks to motion-sensing technology. It shines light up to any place where you need illumination and has an extra-long LED life of more than 6,000 hours, thanks to its 78 extra strong LEDs in each strip. These lights have a built-in magnetic setup and are portable, with a double-sided tape for simple installation.
The wireless, sleek-looking LED puck lights are long-lasting and extremely bright. This product from Brilliant Evolution produces a warm white glow of 3,000k and can be used under a cabinet or in the kitchen. In addition, it can be mounted with adhesive tape or screws. These lights have touch control. All you need to do is tap on the puck lights to turn them on or off. It quickly illuminates any area, has a battery life of over 40 hours, and can be installed in seconds. Check out this video for a detailed review of the product.
3. Best For Energy Conservation: Lepotec LED Motion Sensor Cabinet Light
Lepotec LED closet lights use cutting-edge technology and a state-of-the-art manufacturing process. The light distributed on the surface via the diffuser plate has a brightness of 300 lumens, but it is not glaring and is quite soft. It is extremely durable because it is made of aluminum alloy. Its built-in magnet aids in its adhesion to any iron surface. Its design allows you to switch between normal and motion sensor modes of operation. In addition, it is rechargeable via a USB and aids in energy conservation.
4. Best High-Capacity Battery: BLS LED Closet Lights
The closet lights from BLS have a long battery life, and feature a 6,000k clean white glow with a high-capacity rechargeable battery. In addition, you can use any of the three-mode power switches, including an intelligent motion sensor technology that detects motion in real-time and accurately. The adhesive tape and built-in magnets make installation a breeze. The motion sensor’s sensitivity can be adjusted, and the light is eye-friendly.
5. Best Versatile: Lithonia Lighting LED Flush Mount Closet Light
These LED flush mount lights from Lithonia save energy and power at the same time. In addition, these lights have a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours. It has a motion-sensing feature that turns on or off when motion is detected, so you don’t have to worry about leaving the lights on. Installation is made easier by the inclusion of mounting hardware and an installation guide. These lights are ideal for any area that requires bright illumination.
6. Best For Easy Installation: Goodland Under Cabinet Lighting LED Closet Light
Goodland offers a multifunctional and high-quality closet light to illuminate your homes. They come with 80 energy-saving LEDs, available in three-color temperatures, and have four modes of operation, including motion-sensing technology. In addition, they don’t require any hard wiring or multiple batteries, and they’re simple to install. The intensity of the light is adjustable, reducing glare and discomfort for the eyes. The battery has a 1800mAh capacity and is rechargeable with a USB.
7. Best For Dim Lighting: Mind and Action Motion Sensitive LED Light
Mind and Action motion sensitive LED light can detect sensitivity at a three-meter distance and range at 120 degrees. This product is suitable for dim lighting. You can adjust the bulb direction in a way where it can decrease glare. The non-flickering 12-LED bulbs do not cause discomfort to the eyes. The motion-sensing light is powered by three AA batteries and is simple to install.
8. Best For Flush-Mount Ceiling Fixture: Lit-path LED Motion Sensor Flush Closet Light
The LED ceiling light is motion-activated and provides illumination up to 20 feet away. Its incredible design and technology are ideal for flush-mount ceiling light fixtures. It does not flicker and shields your eyes from glare. In addition, it is ETL-certified, ensuring that there will be no electric shock or fire hazards. This LED motion sensor flush closet light is mercury-free and is simple to install. It is battery-operated, with a working life of up to 10 years.
9. Best Adjustable Brightness: Diomart’s Remote Control Under Cabinet Lighting
Diomart’s easily installable 20-LED remote-controlled lights come in three different colors—warm white, cool white, and a combination of the two. You can adjust the brightness, lighting mode, and timing using the three mode controls. It is a wireless light that can be charged via USB and has dimming and timing capabilities. The brightness is adjustable up to ten levels. You do not require tools or screws to install this product, thanks to its magnetic strips.
10. Best Battery Life: Ezvalo’s LED Closet Light
Ezvalo’s LED light employs a novel technology that allows you to brighten or dim the lights by long-pressing the touch control button. It automatically turns on when it detects motion, thanks to its motion sensor mode. This product has a 1600mAh battery and can last up to six months on a single charge. Its compact size and adhesives make it simple to install. It is easy to recharge the battery using a USB cable.
11. Best Durable: Jusjubr Plug-in Under Cabinet Lighting
Jusjubr energy-efficient cabinet lighting consists of two 12-inch light bars, each with 400 lumens and optimal light color for easy use. The brightness can be adjusted to prevent glare and make it comfortable for your eyes. It is durable, simple to install, and convenient for indoor settings, and comes with a USB plug that lets you connect multiple USB devices, including this light, to a single power outlet.
How To Choose The Right Lighting For A Closet?
Consider these points before you choose the best LED lighting for your closet.
- Battery-powered: Battery-powered lights are best for less operational areas, but electrically bulbs are recommended for everyday use.
- Safety features: Regardless of which light you choose, it is recommended to maintain a 12-inch distance between the items and the light fixture.
- Features: Look for a visually appealing light. If you have a walk-in closet, a dim light is a good option.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it possible to install recessed lighting in a closet?
Recessed lighting can be installed inside your cupboard, but it must be placed at least six inches away from the items you store.
- How much light do we need for a walk-in closet?
A walk-in closet will require a light that is equivalent to 200 lumens of light or 150 watts. Depending on the brightness, you can double up the fixtures.
You can create the perfect ambiance inside your well-organized closet by strategically placing recessed puck lights at top shelves or ribbon lights at the edges. LED lights are both functional and cost-effective. Choose from our list of the best LED lighting for closets to find the right one.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is a content writer and editor with immense experience in tools and home improvement products. His research-driven tactics to present the best solutions and items to fit your home needs help you make the right decisions. He has curated a list of the best closet lightings that has been well-researched and chosen based on user reviews. They will come in handy as they are economical and designed to improve the lighting of your house effectively.
- Best Cordless Picture Lights
- Best Wall Lights
- Best Emergency Lights
- Best Bathroom Lights
- Best LED Pool Lights