Get ready to pamper your skin with the best cocoa butter lotions we curated for you because your skin deserves the best! Cocoa butter lotions are rich in fatty acids and offer potent ingredients. Cocoa butter lotion hydrates, nourishes, and soothes irritated or dry skin. It improves the skin with moisturizing properties that also helps in skin lightening and stretch marks. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and explore the list of cocoa butter lotions that will soften and smoothen your skin quite effortlessly. Time to flaunt your skin!
Our Top Picks
15 Best Cocoa Butter Lotions
1. Best Moisture And Hydration: Gold Bond Ultimate Radiance Renewal Lotion
It works great to provide long-lasting moisture and hydration to the skin. This rich cream-based cocoa butter lotion is also effective at preventing flaky, dry and ashy skin. Enriched with moisturizing oils, coconut oil, African shea and cocoa butter, this lotion is a good skincare remedy for treating itchy and irritated skin. Watch this instructional video for more details about the lotion.
- Moisture intensive and hydrating
- Contains a rich blend of coconut oil, African shea butter, and cocoa butter
- Treats itchy, irritated and dry skin well
- Fights signs of aging
- Thick and sticky
2. Best Non-Greasy Formula: Suave Body Lotion Smoothing With Cocoa Butter and Shea
Good for the body, which needs extensive moisturization repeatedly. This lotion with cocoa butter comes with a 24-hour moisturizing capacity and helps soothe and soften rough and dry skin. Other than cocoa butter, the product contains shea butter, which makes the skin softer. Learn more about the lotion in this video.
- Intense moisturizing benefits
- Good amount of shea and cocoa butter for a moisture boost
- Skin feels soft and smooth
- Smoothens flaky skin and firms’ skin
- Non-greasy formula
- Scent might not be favorable to some
3. Best Lightweight: Solimo Cocoa Butter Body Lotion
Solimo body lotion with cocoa butter has a deep conditioning effect on the skin. It’s a dermatologist’s recommendation and is safe. Being non-greasy, it’s light and doesn’t weigh on the skin to make it feel oily. This body lotion has hydrating effects, and makes one’s skin feel soft and fresh.
- Light-weight, non-greasy formula
- Not tested on animals or vegan
- Dermatologically proven
- Moisturizes and hydrates well
- Relatively stronger smell of cocoa
- Takes time to absorb into the skin
4. Best For Dull And Lifeless Skin: Lubriderm Daily Moisture Body Lotion With Shea
This body lotion is enriched with intense cocoa butter lotion and transforms dry, dull, and lifeless skin into radiant skin. It also has shea butter, which provides a day-long moisture surge into the body. Being non-greasy, the lotion leaves a clean feeling on the skin as well.
- Dermatologically tested
- Provides day long moisturization
- Makes dull and lifeless skin radiant
- Has a sweet smell
- Non-greasy formula
- Dries up fast and needs re-application
5. Best Sweet Smell: St. Ives Softening Body Lotion
This rich, creamy lotion with cocoa butter and vanilla bean nourish deep within the skin. The sweet smell of vanilla is enticing and also leaves your skin soft and supple. It has 100% soybean oil and glycerin, which are great to restore the moisture balance of dry skin.
- Contains 100% soybean oil and glycerin
- Dermatologically tested and hence, safe
- Intensely moisturizes dry skin
- Might be a little too creamy for some
6. Best For Very Dry Skin: Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Skin Therapy Body Lotion
Cocoa butter has fatty acids, which keep the skin well-hydrated and nourished from deep within. This body lotion with cocoa butter is one of the best cocoa butter lotions. It is enriched with vitamin E to address dry skin issues like eczema. The lotion can also improve the skin tone, skin elasticity, and combat stretch marks. Watch this video for more details about the lotion.
- Dermatologically proven and safe
- Contains cocoa butter and vitamin E
- Soothes very dry skin and eczema as well
- Improves skin tone, firmness, and reduces scars
- Provides deep moisturization as well
- The bottle dispenser might be too tight
7. Best For Stretch Marks And Scars: Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Skin Therapy Body Lotion with Vitamin E
It’s one of the best cocoa butter lotions in the market and is effective in providing 24-hour moisturization to dry skin. It is enriched with vitamin E, which works wonders on the skin with scars, stretch marks, and skin imperfections. You can achieve an even-toned and firmer skin with regular usage.
- Provides soothing hydration to all skin types
- Cocoa butter and vitamin E improve the skin tone
- It’s effective in treating stretch marks and scars
- Made with natural and raw ingredients
- Absorbs fast, leaving a velvet feel on the skin
- Might seem a little bit greasy
8. Best Raw And Unrefined: Sky Organics’ Unrefined And 100% Pure Raw Cocoa Butter
One of the natural cocoa butter lotions, this product is made with 100% raw and unrefined cocoa butter. The high-quality cocoa butter works effectively to address dry and damaged skin. The natural unrefined cocoa butter also improves skin tone and elasticity.
- Contains 100% pure form of raw and unrefined cocoa butter
- Unrefined cocoa butter improves skin tone and elasticity, preventing stretch marks
- Protects skin’s natural oils
- Keeps skin well moisturized and hydrated
- It’s purely natural without any added chemicals or preservatives
- Natural cocoa smell
- Pure unrefined cocoa can have a hard texture
9. Best Smoothening And Conditioning: Nair Cocoa Butter Hair Removal Lotion
It is a cocoa butter hair removal lotion enriched with vitamin E. It effectively de-epilates unwanted hair, while smoothening and conditioning the skin from within. Apart from cocoa, the product also imparts warm notes, making the skin feel sensual and beautiful.
- Just apply, wipe and rinse to reveal the soft and hair-free body
- Cocoa butter and vitamin E nourish the skin
- Reduces skin irritation
- There’s no risk of nicks or cuts as the application is simple and easy
- Takes just three minutes to remove hair
- Beautifully scented of cocoa
- Not for use on the face
10. Best To Fight Signs Of Aging: Personal Care Cocoa Butter Skin Lotion
This cocoa butter lotion is great to soothe and relieve extra dry skin. The added vitamin E, with cocoa butter, adds the right amount of moisture in the skin to restore its water balance. In fact, with repeated use, the product delivers a healthy and radiant skin. It’s also a great product to use after tanning.
- Enriched with vitamin E to help restore moisture balance
- Vitamin E with cocoa butter also addresses to fights signs of aging and dullness
- The deep moisturizing properties soothe and heal the excessively dry skin
- Used after tanning to extend the effect of tan and prevent peeling
- It smoothes and softens the skin
- Not meant for oily skin as it causes the skin to become sticky
11. Best For All Skin Types: Essential Living Organic Cocoa Butter
The cocoa butter used in the lotion is raw, pure, and unrefined. It also contains raw organic shea butter, which is considered natural and safe. The lotion suits a variety of skin types and conditions.
- Organic cocoa butter is pure and refined
- Best suited for dry skin and even eczema
- Safe to be used for baby’s skin as well
- It is free from any additives
- The smell might be a little strong for some
12. Best For Irritated Skin: Cocoa Butter Hand & Body By Queen Helene
This fragrant body lotion with cocoa butter contains lanolin. Lanolin adds extra moisture into the skin, and when blended with cocoa butter, it becomes a powerhouse of moisture. It effectively soothes and softens dry and irritated skin, while restoring the moisture balance of the skin.
- Blend with lanolin gives moisture boost to the skin
- Soothes dry and irritated skin
- Lightly scented
- Daily use keeps the skin well moisturized
- People with very dry skin might need re-application as it tends to dry out fast
13. Best Chemical-Free: Alba Botanica Hawaiian, Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Lotion
This chemical-free, replenishing body lotion with cocoa butter has the right amount of fatty acids and emollients to combat dry skin issues. It penetrates deep into the skin to provide the right amount of moisture into the body. The result is a well-nourished and moisturized skin.
- It contains sugar cane enzymes and tropical nut oils to nourish the skin
- It conditions and moisturizes the skin from within
- It is safe and free of parabens, phthalates, and fragrances
- It’s a vegan product and not tested on animals
- The fragrance might not be appealing to some
14. Best For Damaged Skin: NOW Solutions Cocoa Butter Lotion
This cocoa butter lotion contains 6% cocoa butter with aloe vera, allantoin, and almond oil. The ingredients work well on dry and damaged skin, providing deep moisture to the skin. Dry, flaky skin issues get easily arrested by the lotion.
- Contains aloe vera, allantoin, cocoa butter, and almond oil to moisturize deeply
- Works very well on excessively dry skin
- Rhodiola extract protects the skin from environmental stress factors
- Minor skin irritations can also be addressed
- Might comes across a bit thick
15. Best Non-Greasy And Fast-Absorbing: Burt’s Bees Cocoa And Cupuacu Butters Body Lotion
This cocoa butter lotion features a non-greasy formula, which makes it great for regular use. It’s fast-absorbing property with deep moisturizing power makes it a good deal to keep your body soft and refreshed all day long. It is dermatologically tested and free of all harmful chemicals, such as parabens.
- Non-greasy and fast-absorbing
- Contains cocoa and cupuaco butters in 98.8% concentration to provide deep moisturization
- Great to provide 24-hour moisturization
- Transforms dry skin to soft, supple and nourished skin
- Dermatologically tested and free of chemicals
- Absorbs fast and thus dry skin might need frequent re-application
Benefits Of Cocoa Butter Lotions
- Rich in antioxidants: Lotions with cocoa butter are a powerhouse of antioxidants. These effectively fight the free-radical damage to the skin, which cause aging, dark patches, and dull skin.
- Effective in treating stretch marks: Cocoa butter is effective at treating stretch marks post-pregnancy. Women, post childbirth, are encouraged to liberally use cocoa butter lotions to prevent the appearance of stretch marks. Cocoa butter could also help reduce scars, thus helping the skin repair as well.
- Intense moisturizing properties: Since cocoa butter is a natural fat, derived from the cocoa bean, it is rich in fatty acids. Lotions with cocoa butter are, therefore, help hydrate the skin deep and soothe dry and irritated skin.
- Reduces inflammation: Cocoa butter is often effective in treating itchy and red skin. Those with eczema and psoriasis can also consider using cocoa butter after doctor consultation.
- Delays aging: The high concentration of fatty acids and antioxidants allow cocoa butter to combat free radicals. Free radicals cause darkening, patchy eyes, dullness, and wrinkles. Cocoa butter nourishes the skin, keeping these signs of aging away.
- Heals damaged skin: The healthy fats and emollients in cocoa butter work deep into the skin, to nourish, soothe, and heal any damaged layers of skin. Constant use of cocoa butter lotions could help restore the skin’s health.
[ Read : Mustela Hydra Bebe Body Lotion Reviews ]
Tips To Choose The Best Cocoa Butter Lotions
You can consider the following attributes while shopping for cocoa butter lotions.
- Higher concentrations of cocoa butter: A good cocoa butter lotion should have hydrating and nourishing properties. Look for cocoa butter lotions, which have higher concentrations.
- Pure and unrefined cocoa butter: Cocoa butter is natural fat derived from the cocoa bean, which has the goodness of fatty acids like palmitic and oleic acids. These contribute towards the moisture content of the skin, thus making the skin deeply moisturized and nourished. The purest form is the best way to keep skin healthy and supple.
- Free of harmful chemicals: Harsh chemicals like phthalates, parabens, SLS, and sulfates, usually rob the goodness of a product, and also affect the properties of other ingredients. Hence, try and buy cocoa butter lotions for the skin, which are devoid of the harmful additives for a more effective dose of moisturizing care.
- Look for additional ingredients: Cocoa butter, in its pure form, it could be a little sticky or greasy. Additional ingredients make it a little easy to absorb and non-greasy. Look for additional ingredients, which add to the moisture rather than drying it out. Ingredients like shea butter, aloe vera, and vitamin E are great to give an additional moisture boost.
Using cocoa butter lotions, either in pure and organic forms, have long-term benefits on the skin. A well-moisturized body will be helpful to keep away signs of aging, wrinkles, and fine lines at bay.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a product writer who enjoys sifting through the overwhelming number of products in the beauty and personal care segment to ensure her readers have a seamless and stress-free shopping experience. Her review process involves extensive research into every product’s features, benefits, and user feedback across several e-commerce websites. In this article, she talks about the best cocoa butter lotions that can pamper your skin by hydrating, nourishing, and soothing dry or irritated areas. These lotions are made of safe, premium-quality ingredients for effective results.
Which cocoa butter lotion did you find the most effective? Let us know in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featured in our list.