Coconut oil has always been a part of daily hair care in Indian households. It helps restore healthy hair and grow faster, thanks to Omega 3 proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft, thereby protecting from stress, environmental damage, and pollution.
The oil is good for the skin, nourishes the dry and itchy scalp, and strengthens hair roots. Massaging your hair and scalp with coconut oil at night can make your hair smoother and shinier.
So read on and pick from some of the best coconut hair oils in India, and keep your hair strong and healthy.
Best Coconut Oils For Hair In India
Maxcare is cold compressed coconut oil for hair, extracted from fresh and pure coconut milk. You can use this 100% natural and unrefined hair oil to improve the immunity of your locks. The virgin coconut oil can protect the hair, enhance the hair’s metabolism, and naturally nourish it.
- Can also be used for cooking
- Makes a healthy option for baby care
- Controls dandruff
- Moisturizes dry skin and hair
- Prevents hair fall
- May have a stale smell
Parachute coconut oil is made from natural sun-dried coconuts from high-quality farms. The 1,000ml bottle has a tamper-proof seal to ensure the long-term preservation of unprocessed coconuts’ rich aroma. It does not contain any added chemicals, odors, additives or preservatives, and can be stored fresh and safe for up to 18 months.
It has a nutty aroma and a lasting freshness. Parachute coconut oil has passed five purification stages and 27 quality tests.
- Does not contain any preservatives
- Edible grade oil
- Made with hands-free process
- Controls hair fall
- Promotes hair growth
- Neck may be too narrow to take out oil in winters
Soulflower 100% virgin coconut oil is extracted from the finest coconuts grown in India by cold pressing method, which can make your hair soft, bright, and healthy. The hair oil is rich in fatty acids, which makes it moisturizing and absorbs quickly. You can add this hair oil to your bathing style or use it as a makeup remover.
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Adds shine and nourishment to hair
- Repairs skin damage and dryness
- Gets absorbed quickly
- Free from artificial fragrance and colors
- Does not contain quality certification
- May have a thick consistency
Meera Pure Coconut Hair Oil is a triple-filtered and refined oil. Pure coconut oil is made from the finest Dala Copra coconut. It is food-grade coconut oil, which can also be used for skin and hair. The hair oil is rich in natural saturated fats and is made with the best ingredients and techniques that promise purity. The oil, curated for the hair of Indian women, can ensure that your locks get the best nutrition and health.
- Does not contain additives and preservatives
- Promises strong and healthy hair
- Has a natural aroma
- Bottled within seven days
- Multipurpose oil
- May induce hair fall in some cases
KLF Nirmal from VSIC technology provides 100% healthy and pure coconut oil, which can be used on the skin to solve dryness. You can also use the oil to supplement nutrition and prevent other hair problems. The hair oil contains several properties that are beneficial for your hair.
- Does not contain any chemicals
- Free from artificial fragrance
- Can be used for cooking as well
- Takes care of scalp and hair dryness
- Packaging makes use in winters a bit difficult
Indus Valley offers the best virgin organic coconut oil, suitable for hair and face. You can use the hair oil as a massage oil to soothe dry hair and skin. It is rich in vitamin E, an essential nutrient, which can effectively prevent hair fall and dandruff and make your hair look healthy and shiny.
- Effective on all kinds of skins and hair
- Non-sticky and lightweight
- Rich in antioxidants
- Multipurpose oil
- Strengthens hair follicles
- Not all may like its fragrance
Patanjali Coconut Oil makes a compelling choice for men and women as it provides comprehensive care for your skin and hair. It nourishes dry hair and increases healthy cholesterol by converting bad cholesterol into good cholesterol. You can apply the hair oil on dry and damp hair to make it soft and smooth.
- Moisturizes skin and hair
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases
- Has a natural fragrance
- Lightweight and non-sticky
- Can also be used in cooking
- Packaging may not be spill-proof
Vatika coconut hair oil contains seven Ayurvedic herbs, which can prevent hair fall. The hair oil uses traditional Tail Pak Vidhi and contains potent herbs such as coconut, bahera, amla, and brahmi. You can gently massage Vatika coconut oil on your scalp for hair regrowth and rejuvenate your hair.
- Clinically proven to control hair fall
- Deeply conditions the scalp
- Promotes growth of new hair
- Improves overall health of hair
- May have a strong fragrance
Extracted through a cold-pressing process, this is extra virgin coconut oil that has not been refined to provide long-lasting freshness. Whether it’s moisturizing skin or strengthening hair, this multipurpose coconut oil can completely protect your health. This coconut oil is low in saturated fat and has anti-bacterial properties.
- Free from chemicals and preservatives
- Makes hair healthy and smooth
- Comes with anti-inflammatory properties
- Ideal for skin, hair, and cooking
- Rich in flavors
- Packaging may be of cheap quality
Enriched with methi and jasmine extracts, this is among the best coconut oils for hair growth. Nihal Naturals coconut oil can enhance and nourish hair, making your hair healthier and smoother. Further, hair oil is ideal for preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth.
- Non-sticky hair oil
- Available in other variants
- Suitable for all hair types
- Promotes thick and healthy hair
- Protects hair from pollution
- May contain large amounts of mineral oil
WishCare offers 100% pure, cold-pressed, and unrefined coconut oil made from white coconut kernels. This extra virgin coconut oil provides a natural moisturizer for dry skin and hair. You can use this hair oil to nourish dry hair, cracked and dull skin effectively.
- Free from GMOs
- Healthy oil for baby massages
- Has a soothing fragrance
- Can be used on all hair and skin types
- Non-sticky and lightweight
- Cap packaging may not be handy
Dabur Vatika coconut oil is rich in hibiscus, a herb known for strengthening and nourishing hair. It also contains amla, lemon, and other natural ingredients to make hair healthier and thicker. The coconut oil can prevent dry scalp and hair, thereby promoting healthy hair growth.
- Maintains natural color of hair
- Completely natural
- Has a pleasant scent
- Non-sticky application
- Packaging may be not winter-friendly
Good Vibes is a cold-pressed carrier oil rich in fatty acids and vitamins. It is a moisturizing oil that helps to retain moisture and effective for your hair and skin. You can use this natural coconut oil to repair damaged and dull hair and dry skin.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Free from parabens
- Promotes cell regeneration
- Penetrates cuticles of the hair
- Imparts strength and nourishment to the hair and skin
- Adds a natural glow
- May have a thin consistency
Factors To Consider While Buying Coconut Oil For Hair
To ease the process of buying coconut oil for your hair, we have listed a few points to help choose the best oil:
- Type of oil: There are different types of coconut oils on the market, including cold-pressed, organic, refined, unrefined, etc.
- Ingredients: Different ingredients in coconut oils range from natural to chemicals. Always consider the list of ingredients before buying the oil.
- Lightweight: Coconut oils that are heavy to wear do not make a good pick. Choose light and non-sticky hair oil for everyday use.
- Fragrance: Make sure that you consider the oil’s fragrance as some have soothing aromas and some have strong and pungent smells.
Nourish your hair with organic and natural coconut oil to make your hair healthier. There are many options for coconut oil, which can confuse you. However, with the product list shared in this post and guidelines on buying the best coconut oil, this should no longer be a difficult task.