Individuals who trade in bulk cash, typically coins, find it difficult to count them regularly. The task of counting coins is laborious and time-consuming. A coin sorter is just right for households and small businesses as it reduces the need to count coins manually.
Here are some of the best coin counting machines we have compiled to help you count and sort your coins effortlessly.
11 Best Coin Sorters
A fast-operating coin counter from Royal Sovereign, the machine comes with a patented technology that offers advantages in sorting currencies according to the correct size and thickness of the available denominations. It can sort up to 312 coins per minute without any interruption. The machine sorts coins into wrappers and allows easy transition to wrapping and rolling of coins.
- Hopper with a capacity of 400 coins provides the convenience of counting at a go
- Effortless wrapping with FS-2D that provides 16 coin wrappers, four for each coin type
- Two rows of counting for each denomination
- Sorts four denominations of coins: dime, nickel, penny, and quarter
- Anti-jam technology provides precise internal sorting
- Easy to use and carry
- Efficient and enhanced value of counting
- On-screen reporting of the number of coins, dollar value, and total amount
- Allows easy transition for converting loose change to cash
- Not compatible with non-US coins
- Coin count and value may differ even for the same load at times
- A little overpriced
The 2020-version Teacher’s coin counter and sorter is available in four unique colors. The digital machine automatically sorts US coins into individual tubes. The product measures 9.5×6.1×6 inches, which makes it easy to handle and carry. The coin sorter has a dedicated coin insertion slot and control buttons, which can effectively sort separate denominations.
- Sorts coins of different dimensions separately through four tubes
- Works on two AAA batteries
- Suitable for users of all ages
- Retrieves coins through the easy-to-operate twist-off lid
- Comes with 20 coin wrappers
- ABS plastic body makes it lightweight and break-resistant
- Comes with a 100% money-back guarantee
- Innovative product with a giant digital coin bank jar for organized coin storage
- Priced modestly
- May jam occasionally while counting
- Not very efficient for bulk coin-counting
- Batteries not included with the coin separator
The innovatively designed Brookstone coin counter machine works quickly and efficiently. All you need to do is pour your coins to the top and check for sorting in available denominations of nickel, dime, pennies, and quarters. The battery-powered machine weighs only 2.08 ounces and measures 7x8x10 inches, making it easy to operate and carry. The reasonably priced device provides sufficient functions according to the label instructions.
- Enables coin stacking quickly and accurately
- Comes with an overflow tray that collects excess coins
- Can be used without any wrapper
- Includes two coin wrappers
- Supports two C-grade batteries
- Speeds up wrapping
- Supports up to 20 coins at a time
- Reasonably priced
- Efficiency depreciates with coin overload
- Does not come with batteries
- May jam during sorting
Cassida’s C100 electric coin counter can effectively count and sort up to 250 coins per minute. The machine enables quick counting and sorting of mixed coins and organizes them for proper storage or transfer. You can place a pile of coins in the upper hopper and quickly recognize and sort them into separate boxes.
- Digital coin counter has a multifunctional LED screen that can display up to seven digits
- Comes with large buttons for easy control
- Upper hopper can hold up to 1,600 coins
- Coin drawer can hold 900 coins
- Counts total for all coins
- Accurate recognition of dollar value for each denomination
- Efficient batching of coins with different denominations
- Comes with a preset batching range that can be reset
- Easy-to-use interface
- Operates in four coin-counting modes: count, add, batch, and report
- Made of plastic and metal for durability
- Significantly reduces workload
- No coin tube available
- Reduced accuracy after extended use
One of the best coin sorters for its high efficiency, the machine is carefully designed to separate coins of different denominations. The business-grade, professional coin rolling machine makes currency sorting easier. It significantly simplifies the operation with dedicated buttons for counting, setting up batches, and obtaining results. The machine can collect the sorted coins in the large connected trays or dispatch them directly to the attached coin tubes for collection.
- Accurate recognition of individual denominations
- Hastens the wrapping process with attached plastic tubes
- For the same denomination, it can efficiently sort and count up to 315 to 345 coins per minute
- Mixed denomination coins can be sorted at 220 units per minute
- Details count results in number and value through the LCD screen
- Printable report of counted coins
- Upper hopper capacity of 1,100 coins
- Sizeable coin tray capacity of 120 to 450 units
- Single-touch setting for coin collection to tray or tube
- Coins for wrappers or trays are customizable for combined use during a single round of sorting
- Prevents overfilling through auto-stop function
- Ideal for use in banks, subways, supermarkets, etc.
- Reasonably priced
- Coin wrappers not included with the product
- Bulky design and dimension
- May jam during use
Electronic USD Coin Sorter and Counter from Ex Electronic Express can efficiently sort 270 coins per minute. Moderately priced, the business-grade automatic coin sorter is easy to use because all you need to do is drop the coins into the hopper and press to start button. Once you start sorting, counting, and wrapping, you can set the pause when needed.
- Option to select between bin and wrapper for sorted coin collection
- Holds up to 500 coins
- Rapid rate of sorting
- Wide LCD screen displays the total coin count and value count for each denomination
- Comes with a fold-out handle to hold 36 performed wrappers to collect coins
- Attached coin sensor for improved accuracy of sorting
- Easy touch control panel
- Attached bins and tubes
- Collapsible handle
- Automatic pause once the container is full
- Operates with ‘clear the batch’ mode to continue counting and sorting without any pause
- May jam during the sorting of pennies
- Low hopper capacity, requires frequent loading
Goplus electric coin counter can sort 330 coins per minute, has a large sorting capacity, is one of the best coin sorters on the market, and quickly counts and displays the value on the LED screen. It counts the coins until the slots are full, and its function is accurate and fast. The machine has a user-friendly control panel, which allows you to activate your settings as required. Therefore, set your required batch, and then start sorting the coins in order of pennies, dimes, nickels, quarters, dollars, and half dollars.
- Operates in two count modes: free count and batch count
- Batch count allows users to preset a count limit for an automatic stop after counting is completed
- Report function enables you to read the count value and individual tray count
- Wide hopper holds up to 500 coins for sorting
- Each receiving slot holds up to 150 coins
- Improves the efficiency of bank tellers
- Coin tube not available with the product
- May jam with a heavy load
HFS coin counter works as a coin and change counting and sorting machine, enabling convenient operation and ensuring improved efficiency when counting coins in bulk. The change sorting machine adopts an innovative frame design, making sorting and counting coins quick and accurate. Its grey and black exterior can easily complement our interior decor. It can meet your business’s daily coin-counting needs while also serving household sorting and saving needs.
- Comes with four separate boxes for storing coins after sorting and counting
- Easy to use and easy to operate
- Can be used in free count and batch count modes
- Comes with a simple set option for presetting batch counting of coins
- Easy to access counting results with the report option
- Made of durable, long-lasting plastic
- Highly accurate
- Coins may jam when counting and sorting
- Reduced efficiency in high humidity
Pyle’s coin separator and counter is easy to operate and can efficiently sort US coins. It comes with a clear LCD screen to display the results, only requires a few simple buttons to operate, and enables free counting and batch counting. It displays the total and batch value set by the user and is equally effective in sorting mixed coins into separate denominations.
- Easy to read the total coin value after sorting
- Can hold up to 500 coins at a time
- Coins are sorted into separate trays
- Reliable and accurate results
- Compatible with all US coins
- Runs with an effective counting speed of over 216 coins per minute
- Made of durable ABS material
- Coin rolls attachment not available
- Small trays
- May jam during sorting
The electric counting and sorting machine supports easy counting of all denominations of US coins. With a large hopper at the top, all you need to do is pour a pile of coins and press the ”start” button. It has a moderate loading capacity and is also backed by a modest price, making the machine popular among consumers. The small frame makes it easy to carry and ensures accurate and fast functions.
- Easily dispenses sorted and counted coins into paper wrappers or trays
- Functions in three different modes: counting, adding, and batching
- Button controls ensure the machine runs accurately and counts the value and number
- Separate counts for coins of individual denominations
- LED screen displays instant results
- High coin-counting speed of 330 units per minute for the same denomination
- Loading capacity of 500 coins
- Tray capacity of up to 150 coins each
- Precision sorting for coins with minute differences, such as half a dollar and dollar
- Includes six collecting trays
- Does not come with a wrapper
- May jam during counting and sorting with extended use
Ribao’s coin sorting and counting machine is innovatively designed, portable, and suitable for business use. It is also a high-capacity counter with improved load capacity, benefiting users who count coins in bulk daily. Its enhanced features make it one of the best coin-sorting machines in the international market.
- Counting speed of 1,800 coins per minute
- Loading capacity of 2,000 coins
- Tube connector, replacement belt, and cleaning tools make it easy to operate and manage
- Sort and count coins as per customizable size and thickness
- Has a 5-digit counting display capacity
- After-sales two-year warranty and engineering support
- Well-known for speed and accuracy of counting
- A little overpriced
- Wrapping and rolling function not available
- Side attachment may cause jams
How To Choose the Right Coin Sorter Machine?
Consider the following factors before buying the best coin counter.
- Frequency of coin counting: You may select a coin counting machine according to the number of times you need to count coins. The frequency varies depending on the purpose of use, whether business or household.
- Budget: The price of these coin roll machines varies according to their additional features. Make sure to consider your budget and select the features that suit your needs.
- Counting speed: The best coin sorters are known for their coin-counting speed per minute. Efficient machines can save a lot of time and energy.
- Counting and sorting volume: If you require a coin-counting machine for daily business use, it is best to purchase a product that allows high volume counting through a large loading capacity.
- Automation: The machine’s efficiency depends on whether you want to purchase an automatic or manual coin counter. Typically, automatic counters running on electricity increases the convenience of use.
- Efficiency and accuracy: The machine’s efficiency and accuracy of counting ensure that time and effort will not be wasted through manual recheck.
- Available types of sorting: These counting machines also come with different types of sorting and counting modes. It can be free sorting, batch sorting, or denomination sorting with total and individual denomination counting value display.
- Durability: Look for a durable coin counting machine to cut down maintenance costs.
Consider these pointers and choose a change rolling machine suitable for your sorting and counting needs. Make sure to compare the price and factor in the scope of use to ensure maximum utility during the available service period.