You can stop worrying about staying hydrated while traveling when you have the best collapsible water bottle with you. Plastic bottles are non-reusable, harmful to the environment, and take up a lot of space. However, collapsible water bottles fold and flatten once empty and expand right back on being refilled! Listed below are some of the best durable, lightweight, reusable, and eco-friendly collapsible bottles for your next trip.
11 Best Collapsible Water Bottles That Are Easy To Carry, 2023
The 650ml collapsible bottle from Nomader is made of 100% food-grade, flexible silicone and is free of BPA, BPS, latex, lead, PVC, and phthalates, giving the bottle a competitive edge over other models. This leak-proof water bottle features a wide mouth with a patented twist cap and spout cover, which helps refill safe drinking water or add fruits, cold liquid, or ice cubes. The bottle has a grip sleeve for stability and a wrist strap for easy carrying. You can use this bottle with cold or hot water and collapse it once it’s empty. It is freezable, dishwasher-safe, and comes in various color options. You can also check out this review video to learn more about the product.
- Sturdy design
- Durable carry strap
- Lightweight bottle
- Squeezable and shatterproof
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- May be bulky when rolled up
- Some may find the sleeve a bit inconvenient
The compact, lightweight, and foldable water bottle from Nefeeko can hold up to 550ml of liquids ranging from -40°C to 230°C. You can add fruits or ice cubes to this wide-mouthed bottle and close it with the leak-proof lid. The BPA-free, shatterproof, food-grade platinum silicone water bottle ensures the liquid is non-toxic and safe to drink, making it an ideal travel bottle. This ergonomically designed bottle comes with an aluminum alloy carabiner to clip it to backpacks. Take a look at this reviewer’s video on the merits and demerits of the product.
- Suitable for all beverages
- Durable material
- Ergonomic design
- Available in multiple colors
- Odorless silicone
- Easy to clean
- Some may find it inconvenient to hold
- May be slightly wobbly when extended
Platypus offers a 2,000ml collapsible drink bottle that is lightweight and compact enough to fit inside a pocket when deflated. This foldable hydration bottle has a food-grade polyethylene lining and is free of BPA, BPS, and phthalates. It features a screw top that prevents spilling and leakage. The tried-and-tested bottle stands upright and remains stable after you fill it with water or cold drinks. You can use this type of bottle with Platypus’s drink tubes and water filters. If you want a detailed review of the travel bottle, make sure to take a look at this video.
- Compatible with Platypus caps
- Easy to carry
- Tasteless and odorless
- Ideal for outdoor activities
- May take time to dry after cleaning
- Caps are not attached
Nomader Collapsible Water Bottle
Nefeeko Collapsible Water Bottle
Platypus Platy Ultralight Collapsible Water Bottle
|Material||Silicone||Silicone||Nylon, Polyethylene, Polypropylene|
|Weight||204 Grams||-||1.3 ounces|
|Dimensions LxWxH||2.91 x 2.91 x 10.39 inches||2 x 2 x 2 inches||-|
|Number of Items||1||1||-|
|Dimensions||-||-||7.5"W x 13.8"H|
4. Best Portable: HydraPak Flux Collapsible Water Bottle
The HydraPak Flux flexible water bottle is made from lightweight material, making it an appropriate adventure water bottle for hiking, camping, backpacking, and other outdoor activities. It’s a combination of a portable water bottle when in use and a soft flask when collapsed, reducing the bottle weight by 50% to 60% compared to a regular water bottle, making it travel-friendly. This best-selling bottle has a capacity of one liter of water and features an anti-spill valve that offers effortless drinking while ensuring no leakage throughout the journey.
- BPA- and PVC-free
- Comes with a loop handle for quick attachment
- Anti-dust nozzle cover
- Compatible with 42mm threaded water filters
- Double-layer film laminate for sturdiness
- Might add a peculiar taste to water during the first few uses
- Bail handle may be shorter than expected
5. Best Attachable: Vapur Solid Flexible Water Bottle
The Vapur flexible water bottle is suitable for people with an active lifestyle. It has a capacity of 500ml and features a flip cap with a tough seal, preventing spills. This water bottle is portable, reusable, and freezable, making it suitable for your next outdoor adventure. It can be folded and easily tucked away. The bottle’s wide opening allows easy filling and cleaning.
- Top-rack dishwasher-safe
- Includes an integrated carabiner
- BPA-, odor-, and taste-free
- Available in various bright colors
- May not be scratch-resistant
- Some may find it challenging to drink from
6. Best For Hot And Cold Drinks: Gaucho-Market Collapsible Silicone Water Bottles
The Gaucho-Market water bottle is a suitable outdoor water bottle for sports activities and can also be used at home. It can keep beverages at their desired temperature — thanks to its silicone build—making it suitable for cold and hot beverages. The twist cap keeps the spout clean, and the wide mouth makes it easy to refill or add ice cubes. Made of tough materials, the bottle is durable. When empty, the bottle can be folded and stored easily.
- Attachable loop strap
- Lightweight bottle
- May drag against cup holders in cars
- May have an odor initially
TakeToday presents a collapsible, convenient, and space-saving water bottle to keep you hydrated wherever you go. You can fold it to save space and carry it everywhere. The travel bottle features a motivational quote and time marker to track your daily water intake. Its wide-mouthed design makes it easy to clean. Liked by several reviewers, the bottle can withstand temperatures between -40 degrees to 200 degrees. Moreover, it is a BPA-free water bottle made of premium food-grade silicone.
- Braided paracord handle for easy portability
- Two drinking methods
- Includes a straw brush for keeping the straw clean
- May be wobbly
- Top may be bigger than expected
The ten-pack collapsible bottles from Elite Tech Gear can carry liquids up to 500ml. These are durable, attachable, and lightweight water bottles that can be rolled and collapsed for easy packing, making them a great alternative to hard, bulky bottles. They are BPA-free, stain-resistant, odor-resistant, and taste-resistant. Made of 100% recyclable material, it is an environment-friendly bottle, rendering it a competitive edge over the other options available.
- Phthalate-free polyethylene inner liner
- Reusable bottle
- Bright color
- Comes with a carabiner
- Fits in camelback backpacks
- Easy to fold
- May not be dishwasher-safe
- May leak
Hydaway’s 500ml collapsible water bottle can be compressed into a 1.5-inch disc to fit into your backpacks, pockets, etc. This ultra-stashable water bottle, made of BPA-free plastic and food-grade silicone, is easy to carry and safe to use. It features a wide mouth with a watertight seal for easy cleaning and to reduce spills. The trusted bottle also has a spout for easy access and is dishwasher-safe. You may use this as an air travel water bottle for daily use or outdoor adventures.
- Sturdy when expanded
- Fits most cup holders
- Available in different colors
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Some may find the spout inconvenient to drink from
- Some may find the grip awkward
Stojo’s collapsible water bottle can be collapsed to 3.3 inches to help you store it in any bag. It is also an aesthetically pleasing compact water bottle with a fun design. You need to unscrew the cap of the platinum food-grade silicone bottle, collapse it, and attach the screw again for a seal that will protect it from leakage.
- Looped cap can be attached to any bag’s strap
- Robust build and spill-resistant
- Can be washed in the dishwasher and used in the microwave
- Free of BPA, phthalates, glue, and lead
- May be difficult to expand
- Water may have an odor after long storage
Hydrapak’s collapsible water bottle is comfortable to carry and easy to store, as it deflates and folds compactly to fit inside bags, backpacks, and pockets. It is durable and lightweight, made of abrasion-resistant and BPA-free TPU, and has RF-welded seams. The bottle features a silicone nozzle with a flip-open cap for easy access and leakage prevention. It meets EU and US FDA regulations and is safe to use and easy to clean.
- Convenient to hang
- Durable design
- Self-cleaning nozzle
- Available in different colors
- May not be easy to drink from it
- May have a plastic taste when new
How To Choose The Right Collapsible Water Bottles?
Here are some factors to consider before buying a collapsible water bottle.
- Materials: Consider bottles made of food-grade and expert-approved silicone, free of BPA, PVC, and other harmful chemicals. Ensure the materials used can also withstand the test of time. Also, consider trusted brands that are known for their in-depth expertise in making accessories and products for outdoor adventure enthusiasts.
- Temperature: If you want to carry both cold and hot beverages, buy a bottle that has been rigorously field-tested to withstand both temperatures. It is advisable not to fill the bottle with extremely hot liquids to avoid burning.
- Capacity: Most bottles are below 500ml. You may choose the capacity depending on the requirement.
- Closure: Bottles with screw-top caps or button lids are better at preventing leakages or spills. If you’re opting for a spout, ensure it has a cover.
- Mouth width: If you prefer to add fruits or ice cubes to your water or if you want to wash it by hand, pick a bottle with a wide mouth. However, a small mouth or spout can prevent spillage.
Why Trust MomJunction?
After carefully researching numerous products and going through various user reviews posted on trusted websites, we have listed the best collapsible water bottles to suit your requirements. These best-selling bottles are durable, long-lasting, and made of high-quality materials free of harmful chemicals. This article also includes a detailed buying guide and pointers on choosing the right product based on factors such as capacity and design.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are collapsible water bottles eco-friendly?
Collapsible bottles may be made from plastic, but unlike single-use plastic ones, these are reusable bottles. Hence, by using collapsible bottles, we can reduce single-use plastic and keep the environment safe.
2. Are collapsible water bottles safe?
Yes, collapsible water bottles are safe as most of them use BPA- and BPS-free materials. If the bottles do not use any phthalates, it’s even safer.
3. How should I wash a collapsible water bottle?
If it’s dishwasher-safe, you can put them onto the top rack for cleaning. If it’s not, you can hand wash it with warm soapy water and a brush.
4. How should I dry a collapsible water bottle?
Most collapsible water bottles air dry; you can turn them upside down and allow the water to drain.
5. When should I replace my collapsible water bottle?
Although collapsible bottles are reusable, it is advisable to replace them every year to avoid consuming tiny plastic particles.
6. Can I fill my collapsible water bottle with liquids other than water?
Yes, you can fill the bottle with different liquids. However, the temperature resistance of each brand may vary, so make sure to read the instructions.
7. Do collapsible bottles keep water cold?
Most collapsible water bottles are designed to withstand extreme temperatures and are safe to be filled with cold water. However, these are not insulated water bottles, so they don’t keep the water cold for a long time.
Staying hydrated every time can be a difficult task, as you may not always have the space in your bag to fit in a water bottle. However, drinking water is paramount as it is vital for your body’s functioning and has numerous health benefits. In addition, drinking an ample amount of water is also important to keep you energetic throughout the day. So, collapsible water bottles act as saviors in such situations as they can be stored easily and have enough volume to store a good amount of water.
Infographic: What Are The Advantages Of Collapsible Water Bottles?
Collapsible water bottles have become popular for individuals who want to stay hydrated while on the go. If you are curious why they are a convenient alternative to traditional water bottles, look at the following infographic. It will assist you in discovering the numerous benefits that these bottles offer, aside from being stylish.
- Best Peel And Stick Backsplash Tiles
- Best Reusable Food Storage Bags
- Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights
- Best Water Bottles For Kids