If you wish to treat your skin blemishes with suitable shades, you would need a color collector. We bring you some of the best color collectors in our post to make your selection easier and quicker. Before that, you need to use a wheel to determine which color can hide your blemishes. It works on the principle that opposite colors on the wheel nullify each other. For example, green can help hide red pimples, while orange shaded concealers can hide dark circles of bluer tones. Sounds good, right? So before you venture out to buy a color corrector, go through our list of the most trending color protectors and make an informed decision.
17 Best Color Correctors
This professional color correcting palette has six concealers that work together to hide the problem areas on your skin. These colors, chosen to work together, can conceal discolorations and camouflage imperfections.
- Lightweight formula for a smooth finish
- Makes skin soft and supple
- Different colors are helpful for different purposes. For example, red can be used for acne, yellow can fight dullness, purple or pink can brighten the skin, and green can cover redness.
- PETA certified cruelty-free product.
- Not suitable for people with dark skin tones
- Could be difficult to wash off and clean
- A little waxy to use
Shop Related Products:
The L.A. Girl Pro Conceal Set of correctors is a crease-resistant, creamy, and lightweight textured color corrector for the skin. It is popular in the color mixture makeup industry for its ability to cover dark circles.
- Long-wearing formula
- Camouflages dark circles and lines under the eyes
- Gives a natural-looking coverage
- Evens skin tone with its opaque coverage
- The concealer may not blend in well with all skin types
- The colors might stain your skin
- The tube might not release colors well
- Colors might appear too strong
Shop Related Products:
Golden Rose correct and conceal cream palettes are a complete set of concealers that are easy to blend and provide full coverage on the skin. It is best suited for sensitive skin as it leaves the skin soft and supple.
- Lightweight and creamy texture
- Protects skin against imperfections
- Does not damage the sensitive skin around the eyes
- Not tested on animals
- Colors might not be the same as mentioned
- The application might not be as smooth as expected
- There might be uneven traces of color after application
Shop Related Products:
Becca backlight targeted color corrector is a product that focuses on specific target areas of concern. The light-reflecting pearls add a subtle radiance to hide problem areas.
- Papaya color to neutralize the deep blue and green colors
- Gives a smooth and even complexion
- Contains no parabens and talc
- Blurs imperfections on the skin
- Might not work well on the blue bags or dark circles under the eyes
- Might not blend well with all skin tones
Shop Related Products:
BECCA is an under-eye brightener with a luminescent creamy texture. It can be worn for long hours without the risk of it wearing out due to water or sweat.
- Conceals dark circles or bags under the eyes
- It is water-resistant
- It does not settle into wrinkles or fine lines
- Gives a smooth texture to the skin
- Might not work for people with loose skin
- It might be thick and sticky
- It might not smell pleasant
Sephora is a lightweight gel serum color corrector that brightens up the skin and has a unique applicator. The peach color works well for people with light skin tones and corrects a lot of skin problems, like acne, blemishes, etc.
- Covers acne, blemishes
- Works for light skin tone
- Might not work on dark skin
- Might not blend well with the skin
Bobbi Brown color corrector makes the skin bright and neutralizes under-eye discoloration. The product highlights your eyes by hiding the dark circles and lines around and under them.
- Smooth coverage
- Blends easily with the skin tone
- Creamy and lightweight formula
- Gives a lift to the eyes
- Might crease on oily skin
- May not work on the skin of older women
- Suitability for dark skin tones is not clear
Pixi by Petra is a concealing cream for dark circle reduction and to enhance facial beauty. Besides minimizing the dark circles, it also nourishes the skin with its natural ingredients.
- Reduces dark circles
- Good for light skin tones
- Waterproof and hypoallergenic
- Contains vitamin C, vitamin A
- Free of parabens, petroleum, phthalates, oil, and SLS
- Might not give the exact color
- Could make the skin look oily
- May not blend well with all skin tones
These corrective colors by jane iredale are filled with natural ingredients and can be used to conceal dark eye circles and other problem areas of the skin. It camouflages dark circles, bruising, and even hyperpigmentation.
- Contains tea leaf extract
- Protects and calms the skin
- Can reduce hyperpigmentation
- Camouflages dark skin patches
- Tends to dry out in less time
- Might be noticeable on fair skin
- The quantity might not be enough
Maybelline New York Cover Stick Concealer is a product to blemish your dark circles and skin imperfections. The product is tested by experts so that it is completely safe on the skin.
- Waterproof formula
- Glides smoothly and blends with the skin
- Gives a natural coverage for skin
- Does not clog pores
- Tested by dermatologists, hypoallergenic
- Might dry out soon
- The colors tend to cake up soon
- Might not cover completely
Bobbi Brown Corrector offers full coverage to your skin and brightens it too. It blends well in the skin and does not crease either.
- Offers good coverage under the eyes
- Works well for aged skin too
- Does not settle into creases
- Leaves a good color on the skin
- The quantity may be insufficient for some
- Might not stay for long
Liquid VO2 is an orange color under-eye color corrector that minimizes the dark circles on warm to medium skin tones.
- Conceals dark shadows
- Re-balances dark spots
- Looks natural and feels weightless
- Easy to use and blends well in the skin
- Might be very dry
- Consistency might be very runny
- Very light in weight
- Might not cover up dark circles
The Golden Rose concealer corrector is a product to mask any skin imperfection or bruise. It is also enriched with vitamin E to nourish the skin.
- Can mask any discoloration or bruise on the skin
- Can hide dark circles, correct redness
- Creamy formula for easy application
- Enriched with vitamin E and moisturizers
- Might not work well on aged skin
- Might wear out soon, and fail to give a good texture
- May not necessarily become smooth on application
Temptu is a range of color correctors that are pigmented and weightless to cover all imperfections of the skin.
- Gives perfect complexion to the skin
- Smooth for a good coverage
- Can be worn for long hours
- Weightless formula
- Can work for fair to dark skin tones
- The formula might not blend perfectly with your skin
- You may need a touch up after 12 hours
This is a product that corrects dark spots, age spots, etc. It is peach in color, gives you a good skin tone, and makes your skin look fresh and young.
- Neutralizes visible dark spots, blemishes, freckles
- Smoothens uneven skin tone
- Lightweight, silky formula
- Not tested on animals
- Might not hide the dark spots completely
PuroBIO is a creamy, lightweight color corrector that hides scars and other blemishes on your skin for a finer looking skin.
- Long-lasting formula
- Camouflages acne, scars, redness
- Gives a natural-looking and even skin tone
- Fortified with apricot oil, soy oil, and vitamins that smoothen and condition the skin.
- Chemical-free formula, vegan and cruelty-free too
- Might not give the texture that you desire for your skin.
- Dual-sided corrector
- Covers all spots of the face
- Contains vitamin E, antioxidants
- Hydrates and moisturizes skin
- Never tested on animals
- Might come out clumpy
- The brush might be too small to use
How Does Color Correction Makeup Work?
Color correction involves covering blemishes with an appropriate hue and then lightly layering your skin with a foundation. Color correctors cover the problem areas with the appropriate color as per the color wheel. For example, when covering dark eye circles with orange or pink, apply a regular concealer over bright pigments and then tap the makeup down with a beauty blender.
Different colored concealers work for different problem areas of the skin, as described below:
- Green concealer is used for redness, acne, and rosacea.In the color wheel, green is opposite red. Therefore, it is perfect for hiding any redness on your skin, be it pimples or acne scars, and giving a base for applying foundation.
- Orange concealer is for dark skin tone, for dark circles under the eyes
Orange is seen opposite blue in the color wheel. If you have a darker skin tone and bluish dark circles, orange color will hide the unevenness. People with light skin tones should use peach instead of orange.
- Pink concealer: for light skin toned people with dark circles under the eyes.
It comes in salmon or peach tone and is opposite blue, green, and purple on the wheel. This color corrector works best for hiding dark eye circles on lighter skin tones.
- Yellow concealer: for bruises that are dark purple, dark veins, and undereye circles.
Yellow is seen opposite purple in the color wheel and hence is useful in covering any blemish that is purplish.
- Purple concealer: to overcome dull complexion, for yellow skin tones
Purple, appearing opposite yellow in the color wheel, is best to remove yellow tones from your face and can be used on the spot to conceal yellow spots.
How To Choose The Best Color Correctors?
Selecting the best color corrector is a tougher task than choosing a lip shade or a nail paint. When trying to choose the best color corrector, you will be swarming in a sea of green, purple, yellow, or peach, among others, that make selecting one difficult. Here, we give you a few tips that could help you decide on the best color corrector for your needs.
1. Determine the color you need
From the color wheel, it is clear that complementary colors, any two colors that are directly opposite to each other, will cancel out. And the same goes for the color correcting makeup theory. Determine what color will suit best for your problem at hand and then choose that color corrector.
2. Find the perfect formula
By now, you have enough knowledge about what color to use for color correcting. Now you have to decide on using the type of color corrector. There are correcting sticks, liquids, and powders available in the market. Choosing the right type is as important as choosing the best corrector.
The formula for corrector depends on the texture of the skin where you will be using the corrector.
For example, use a cream or gel formula while applying products under the eye as they will blend well and be layered easily with concealer and powder. Liquid-based products work well on the rest of the face and other problem areas.
Powder-based products can look very chalky and can stick to the skin as well.
Color correctors and the associated makeup products are not that difficult to understand and apply. But do your research and understand your skin tone and type before purchasing any corrector. Also, have a clear idea about what you expect from the color corrector. Go through the list we’ve given above, and select one that you think will suit you best.
Have you a specific color corrector in mind for your skin? Tell us about it in the comments section below.
- Best Under-Eye Brightening Powders
- Best Hair Color Removers
- Best Foundations For Sensitive Skin
- Best Cream Foundations