Makeup is a girl’s best friend, but maintaining flawless makeup all day long can be challenging. Whether you want to look fresh and beautiful all day long, or a quick touch-up before attending a crucial meeting, compact powder is an essential product in your makeup kit. You can skip your regular foundation and concealer and can choose a compact powder for perfect skin glow.
The compact powder protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays, blurs fine lines, unclogs pores, reduces blemishes, and enhances natural skin radiance. However, if the product you choose is not suitable for your skin, things may go wrong. Therefore, we list the 11 best compact powders for oily skin in India to provide you a soft and natural glow.
11 Best Compact Powders For Oily Skin In India
Available in the shade 310, Maybelline’s 12-hour oil control compact powder is suitable for fair skin tone. Because of its buildable coverage, you can use Maybelline compact powder every day as a standalone product or on top of a liquid foundation. The perlite in the compact powder will absorb sweat from the skin and make the skin look fresh. The product comes with a blender for easy use and a built-in mirror. It is suitable for oily and normal skin types.
- Has UV filters with SPF 28
- Protects your skin from damage and darkening
- Gives a smooth, matte effect on the face
- Blurring micro-powder will minimize the appearance of large pores
- Blender is of low-quality
- Compact might make the skin too dry since it’s not moisturizing
- Might not have a long-lasting effect
The almond color of Lakme’s compact powder is specially formulated for oily skin. It will give you a matte and a natural effect. The product, weighing eight grams, uses a unique oil absorption formula that can smoothen your skin and provide lasting effects. Use this product to take your makeup game to the next level. It comes with a mirror and a blender so that you can carry it anywhere you go.
- Enriched with skin conditioners for a beautiful look
- Suitable for all Indian skin tones
- Vitamin E will give much-needed protection to your skin
- Suitable for oily and combination skin type
- Does not contain SPF
- Has a low-quality blender
- Has a light pigment
Lotus Herbals’ pressed compact powder with medium coverage is a chemical-free powder formulated to give you a shine-proof smooth effect for a long time. The product, weighing ten grams with SPF 25, offers fantastic coverage by concealing skin flaws, protects your skin from the harsh sun, and gives you even-toned skin. The rich ivory color will be an excellent addition to your kit.
- Anti-pollution properties will keep the dirt away
- Will absorb extra oil to give you a matte look
- Blends perfectly with your skin
- Corn starch will give a uniform look on the face
- Not long-lasting
- Does not have a fresh effect on the face
- Blender is of low-quality
If you are looking for a matte effect, FC Logo compact powder is an ideal choice. It easily adheres to your skin and can conceal skin imperfections, giving you a natural makeup effect. The 3-in-1 compact face powder, weighing 27 grams, has a super fine powder formula that blurs all the marks on your face. The shade-1 is perfect for wheatish oily skin.
- Effective in blocking away UV rays
- Protects from environmental pollution
- Guarantees clear skin all day long
- Has a skin lightening effect
- Has a thick texture
- Might have a cakey effect on the skin
Halal-certified, Iba Halal Care can provide a matte finish with medium coverage and contains SPF 15. The product will instantly tighten your skin while exuding a fresh glow. The natural coral color will leave a radiant glow effect on the skin. It is suitable for all Indian skin tones.
- Alcohol- and paraben-free
- Will give you an oil-free look
- PETA-certified and cruelty-free
- Does not have a long-lasting effect
- Will provide a rough texture on the skin
Get a radiant, matte, and natural finish with L.A. Girl’s high-definition matte pressed powder. The product weighs seven grams and has medium coverage. The classic tan color will seamlessly conceal imperfections and blemishes. It has a long-lasting formula that can control the oil on your face. This compact powder is color-matched and includes a mirror and a high-quality sponge.
- Covers blemishes completely
- Has a super-blendable formula
- Has a rich pigmented texture
- Suited best for dark skin tone
- Does not have an SPF
- Not budget-friendly
Color Queen’s 2-in-1 oil control matte compact powder comes in a pressed form. It will give you a matte natural makeup finish, leaving you with a fresh glow. The net weight of the product is 20 grams. Its peppy beige shade is suitable for medium to dark skin tones. The powder will give a radiant look to the face while concealing the blemishes.
- Includes SPF 15, which will protect you from the sun rays
- Does not have a cakey effect on the skin
- Effectively controls oil and sebum on the skin
- Might give pimples on the face
- Might leave a whitish tint on the face
Blue Heaven’s matte compact powder comes with a makeup foundation with SPF and is specially formulated for women with oily skin. The waterproof compact powder in a light natural shade gives a natural makeup effect and improves the skin’s overall texture. The face compact is in pressed form and is suitable for women with fair complexion.
- Enriched with moisturizers and UV filters
- Has an easy-to-use, spreadable formula
- Will conceal the skin pores
- Provides you with a flawless complexion
- Formulated to absorb sweat and oil
- Not suitable for all skin types
- Has a sticky texture
Sery’s fix ‘n’ click is the best compact powder for oily skin. It has a flawless matte effect that can blur all imperfections and fine lines. It can conceal pores and brighten skin tone. The product with a portable and compact design weighs six grams and is suitable for all skin types. Non-comedogenic moisturizers in the formula can keep skin cells youthful and hydrated.
- Has a combination of finishing powder and an HD compact
- Enriched with absorbing powders that will blow away excess oil
- Has natural ingredients like corn starch and red raspberry
- Free from preservatives and parabens
- Small size and less quantity
- Suitable only for people with a medium complexion
Biotique’s compact powder contains a refreshing oil-control formula to ensure a flawless complexion all day long. It can blend seamlessly into your skin without giving a cakey effect. The product weighs nine grams and can protect you from sun damage. It also includes an applicator to make the product more convenient to use.
- Exclusively infused with skincare to keep your skin moisturized
- Made with organic ingredients to make your skin more radiant
- Has minerals and glow boosters that will give you a smooth coverage
- Has a light satin-smooth texture
- Has an attractive fragrance
- Gives you light coverage
- The product may not stay on the face for a longer time
M.A.C’s face compact will make your face attractive. The product in pressed form, weighing nine grams, ensures an instant radiance on the face and improves skin texture. It can control the oil on the face so that the product stays on the face for a long time. You can apply the pressed powder with the help of a blender.
- Perfect for giving you a studio-like touch-up
- Designed primarily to control the shine on the face
- Won’t add any noticeable texture or color
- Contains silica and mica to control the oils
- Stays all day long
- Has a very minimal coverage
- Not budget-friendly
Things To Consider Before Buying Compact Powders For Oily Skin
1. Skin type: Each skin type has different requirements. Therefore, before buying skin care-related products, it is essential to understand your skin type. For women with oily skin, a matte compact powder is recommended, as it is known to absorb all the oil on your face. If you have dry skin, choose a powder that can provide you with a smooth finish with a moisturizing effect.
2. Ingredients: Read the label before you make a purchase. Avoid using products that contain artificial and synthetic ingredients because they can irritate your skin. Read the manufacturer’s label to know if the product contains ingredients that may cause allergies.
3. Shade: Choosing the right shade of the compact powder is an essential factor to consider. Choose the shade that suits your skin tone. You can do a swatch test on your neck. Ensure that the product gives you a subtle and natural effect.
4. Quality: Ensure that the products have passed clinical and dermatological tests. Make sure that the product is tested for its quality. It should be free from parabens.
5. Coverage and skin concern: If you want to cover up blemishes, choose a face compact powder that provides medium to full coverage. If you want a subtle look, choose the compact powder with light and sheer coverage. Avoid using compact powders that are heavy for your skin. Heavy compact powders can leave a cakey effect on the face.
6. Brand and cost: For compact powders, the higher the price, the better the quality. With a limited budget, you can choose affordable options that provide decent coverage and make your face smooth. If budget is not a problem, choose compact powders that have a moisturizing, long-lasting SPF effect.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can a compact powder be used without foundation?
Yes, you can use a compact powder without foundation. If you have dry skin, we recommend using a cream or liquid foundation before wearing it. However, if you have oily skin, you can choose a pressed compact powder,
2. What is the difference between compact powder and translucent powder?
The compact powder is designed to provide a touch-up to your makeup throughout the day. You can use it directly on the skin or use it on regular foundations and concealers, depending on your skin type. However, the translucent powder is colorless and sheer. It will not cover or add color to your makeup. It is only used to set the foundation.
If you have oily skin, your makeup can appear greasy and cakey if you don’t use appropriate products. Our list of the best compact powders for oily skin in India includes various premium options to give you a matte, smooth finish for long-lasting oil control. These powders can give you a refreshing appearance and brighten up the face, suitable for a subtle makeup look. However, ensure the compact suits your skin tone and type for the best results. Moreover, check the ingredients to prevent skin irritation and breakouts. So, carry a compact powder in your bag as you go about your day and stay fresh all day.