If you are a home cook, a professional chef or baker, or an amateur cooking enthusiast, you need a cooling rack to cook efficiently. So, we have created a list of the best cooling racks to help cool down baked goods faster. However, this equipment has several other uses. A cooling rack helps keep the food elevated from the surface to increase airflow and speed up cooling. Although the rack is designed to cool baked goods, you can use it for various purposes. The versatile tool helps with roasting steak and chicken in the oven. The cooling rack can ensure uniform browning with optimal air circulation for a satisfying experience. With these racks, you won’t have to worry about your food getting soggy. So, explore the tried-and-tested options listed below and their features to choose a cooling rack that suits your needs.
13 Best Cooling Racks Of 2024
One of the best cooling racks for cookies and cakes, this cooling cum cooking rack comes with six sturdy feet that raise the grid by one inch to provide excellent air circulation all around, allowing your baked treats to cool down quickly and evenly. Made of 304-grade stainless steel that can withstand the test of time, this rack is well-built, durable, and won’t rust. This single rack features a mesh design with small grid holes that prevent small and delicate food items from falling through and three bars at the base that can support heavy foods without bending. At 11.5 x 16.6in, this wire rack can comfortably fit a half cookie sheet that measures 13 x 18in and has been rigorously tested with regard to its weight-bearing capacity. This oven-safe cooling rack can endure heat up to 575°F and is dishwasher-safe and non-toxic.
- Features no-snag edges
- Half-sheet rack design
- Suitable for roasting and grilling
- Free recipe book included
- Can be used as a trivet to protect countertop from hot dishes
- Climate neutral-certified
- Coating on wire mesh may be rough
- Not heavy-duty
Do you love to bake large batches of cookies, but don’t have enough space to cool them? Here’s a collapsible cookie cooling rack that can fit up to three dozen cookies at once while keeping your kitchen counter clutter-free. Featuring three black metal racks stacked above one another, this equipment also offers enough space for cooling cupcakes, pies, and other desserts. When not in use, the wire rack can be folded to a compact size for secure storage. This folding three-tiered rack measures 10 x 16in when assembled and wholly expanded.
- Space-saving design
- Has a non-stick coating for easy release
- Suitable for fresh pasta and small sweets
- Comes handy during festivals and special occasions
- Can be cleaned using warm and soapy water
- May not be dishwasher-friendly
- May not be very easy to assemble
If you do a lot of baking, get a wired rack such as this one, which is ideal for cooling baked desserts and is oven safe. This baking sheet cooling rack by the reputed brand, OXO, features a durable steel wire design that enhances airflow. The PFOA-free, non-stick rack ensures effortless release of food and easy cleanup. This tried-and-tested pastry cooling rack can withstand temperatures as high as 450°F and fits half-sheet pans perfectly. Further, this single rack comes with large handles for transferring or removing the rack from the oven conveniently. You can also check this video to learn how this wire rack works.
- Durable cooling rack
- Suitable for roasting and cooking
- Stackable design
- Available in different shapes and sizes
- Sloped sides may reduce space
- May be smaller than you expect
Ultra Cuisine Wire Cooling And Baking Rack
Best Air Circulation
Wilton 3-Tier Collapsible Cooling Rack
OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Cooling Rack
|16.5 x 11.5 x 1 inches
|1.85"D x 10"W x 16"H
|13.5 x 11.5 x 11.5 inches
With its innovative vertical design, this bread cooling rack by Betty Crocker takes only a square foot of countertop space while cooling a large number of perfect baked delicacies. This three-tier model is made of steel and features a wire grid design that helps cool your baked treats faster while the non-stick coating makes cleanup a breeze. The super sturdy grid construction combined with the included extra arm (that can be folded up and locked into place) offers additional support, making the rack capable of holding heavy pies and cakes. This grid cooling rack is dishwasher-safe and can be folded down flat for easy storage.
The Checkered Chef cooling rack can be an absolute game-changer in cooling your freshly-baked goods. Made of high-quality 100% stainless steel, the wire rack is durable and warp- and rust-resistant. Loved by many reviewers, the smart grid design allows maximum air circulation so your baked goodies can cool down evenly and quickly. Additionally, the rectangular oven-safe rack is dishwasher-safe, making cleaning a breeze, and it is designed to fit most standard oven and cookware sheets.
- Pack includes two cooling racks
- Prevents sogginess
- Rust-resistant cooling rack
- Raised feet for cooling on counters
- Easy to use
- Might come with a sticky coating that is hard to wash off
- Raised feet might be a bit unstable
6. Best Compact: Linden Sweden Baker’s 4-Tier Metal Cooling Rack
When you have limited counter space in your kitchen, it can get challenging to cool large batches of baked treats. That’s why you need a space-saving rack shelf such as this one. This four-tiered rack is designed to hold baking sheets, muffin tins, and pizza stones. When opened, it measures 13 inches in height and can accommodate several pans at once. Made of powder-coated steel, this multi-tier cooling rack is heat-resistant, which means you can directly place a hot baking sheet or pan on it and not worry about the material melting or warping. Lightweight and compact, it is easy to assemble and can be folded flat for convenient storage, making it a favorite cooling rack among reviewers. In addition to cooling multiple batches of baked items, this rack can also be used to air-dry craft projects.
- Holds up to ten pounds of weight
- Effortless organization and access
- Suitable for placing baking sheets directly from oven
- Offers good air circulation
- Tension at the base may not be adjustable to make it stable
- Back corners of the rack may be slightly sharp
This two-piece set includes a cooling rack and a baking sheet. The crosswire cooling rack is made of high-quality non-stick material for durability and sturdiness and features six raised feet to prevent skidding and wobbling. The tried-and-tested cooling/baking rack is constructed from heavy gauge steel and features a non-stick coating. Measuring 10 x 15in, it accommodates the wire rack correctly. The oven-safe rack and pan are heat-resistant up to 450°F.
- Wide handles for a comfortable grip
- Can be used with bulky mittens
- Smooth corners and raised circles for smooth release of food
- Available in gray, chocolate, and merlot
- Sheet may be prone to warping
- Coating may peel upon extended usage
Get your hands on this classic, round, and fast-cooling sturdy rack designed by the time-tested brand, Nordic Ware. The rack is designed to cool, finish, and display your baked goodies. Made of durable steel wire, the cooling grid by Nordic Ware can be your next favorite wire rack as it features the perfect size for cakes and other baked goods. This round cooling rack fits most standard-size round cake pans, and the grid surface allows easy release and cleaning.
- Made of rust-proof copper
- Can be stacked with other cooling racks for easy storage
- Can be used as a serving tray
- Sturdy and stylish design
- May not be oven- and dishwasher-safe
This versatile cake cooling rack by Spring Chef is perfect for baking, roasting, cooling, cooking, or decorating your baked goods. It is made of heavy gauge steel to prevent your rack from rusting and warping. The wire rack is oven-safe up to 575°F and perfectly fits most half-baking pans or cookie sheets with 12 x 17.1in interior dimensions or more. Further, its anti-slip spaced grid design allows optimal air circulation, making this stainless steel rack ideal for baking and cooling.
- Bend-proof design
- Four raised feet for countertop use
- Oven- and dishwasher-safe
- Free of toxins and chemicals
- Easy to clean
- May not fit all cookware sheets
- Legs could have been higher
If you’re looking for a cooling rack that can retain that crunch in doughnuts and the crispiness in fries and keep bread from getting soggy, look no further than the cooling rack by Priority Chef. Measuring 8.5 x 12in, this wire baking rack can fit most quarter-sheet baking pans. This stainless steel rack is made of heavy-duty, food-safe material without any toxic coatings, making it safe for cooking and baking. The cooling rack is also dishwasher-safe, allowing easy cleaning and eliminating the need for scrubbing by hand.
- Thick gauge wire construction for durability
- Oven-safe up to 575°F
- Three thick support crossbars
- Heavy-duty cooling rack
- May wobble a little in some baking pans
- Grate might be a bit large to fit some pans
Cool your chocolate-dipped treats or roast meat and vegetables effortlessly with the Kitchenatics roasting and cooling rack. This set includes two half-sheet racks for oven cooking. Made of commercial-grade 304 stainless steel wire, the wire rack is suitable for baking, roasting, broiling, grilling, and smoking. The cooling cum grill rack has no artificial chrome coating, and its ultra
- Dishwasher-safe cooling rack
- Oven-safe rack
- Three one-inch-high support bars for better heat and air circulation
- Half-sheet size
- No sharp edges
- Tight grid pattern for stability
- Feet might be a little slanted
- Might change its shape a bit over time
12. Best For Small Desserts: Lawyamai Cooling Racks For Baking
The Lawyamai cooling racks have a sturdy metal construction and are coated with food-grade vitreous enamel, making them anti-rust and heat-resistant. The tight wire grid ensures it holds small desserts and cookies, while the non-stick finish helps prevent food from sticking. This food-grade cooling rack also includes four molded feet for added stability, and its elevated design allows air to circulate beneath the food when resting on counters.
- Easy to clean
- High-temperature tolerance up to 535℉
- May be smaller than expected
- Coating might peel after a few uses
Tired of seeing the edges of your freshly baked cakes and cookies turning soft and mushy once they come to room temperature? Invest in this superior-quality cooling rack to cool down your baked goods the right way. The set includes two racks that allow good air circulation, releasing steam faster and preventing condensation. This non-stick rack prevents sticking and ensures a smooth release of food. Moreover, each rack can hold around two dozen cookies. Lightweight and small, these wire racks are dishwasher-safe and easy to store.
- Made of carbon steel wire
- Durable structure
- Tight grid pattern to keep food on the rack
- PFOA- and PTFE-free nonstick finish
- Elevated feet keep the countertop safe
- May be prone to rust
Given below are a few factors, popular among home experts, to consider when buying a cooling rack.
How To Choose The Right Cooling Rack?
- Material: Cooling racks are generally made of chrome-plated metal, stainless steel, or carbon steel, all of which are safe to use and can withstand the test of time. At the same time, you also need to ensure that the racks have a non-stick finish for easy cleanup and easy to wash in a dishwasher. Before you purchase a cooling rack it is essential that you understand the properties of each material and pick one that best suits your requirements.
- Rack size: The size of the cooling rack varies depending on the space on your kitchen counter and the size of your baking pan. If you want to use the rack for cooking, baking, or grilling purposes, make sure that it is compatible with the baking sheet you will be using. If you have limited kitchen space or want something that can hold large amounts of food, you could opt for collapsible or stackable cooling racks.
- Grid size: Most expert-approved cooling racks are designed with strong metal wires running perpendicular to each other and intersecting each other to form a grid pattern. This type of construction is capable of withstanding high heat and heavy and large food items.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is an established product writer and reviewer specializing in home and kitchen essentials. She delivers well-researched content to guide the readers and help them purchase the best products. After going through several product websites and user reviews, she has listed the best cooling racks that are durable, rust-proof, oven-safe, foldable, and made of superior-quality material. Read the descriptions of each product and choose the one that meets your cooking and baking needs.
Whether you are on the hunt for a brand new cooling rack or want to replace your old, warped one, you will find something that suits your needs and preferences on this list of the best cooling racks. They are a must-have accessory for both beginners and professional bakers as they speed up the cooling process and make sure your treats don’t lose their texture or become too dry. Moreover, these tools are highly efficient and budget-friendly, so you can choose the right one by considering the rack size, grid size, and material quality.
Infographic: How To Clean Cooling Racks?
Cooling racks are indispensable kitchen tools that promote even and rapid cooling of baked goods by facilitating ample air circulation. However, cleaning them can be challenging without the correct procedure. Follow the infographic below to learn how to clean cooling racks effortlessly, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
- Best Bread Maker Machines
- Best Over-The-Sink Dish Racks To Keep Your Kitchen Organized
- Best Glass Food Storage Containers For Fridge Or Kitchen
- Best Cake Pop Makers