If you are a home cook, a professional chef or baker, or an amateur cooking enthusiast, you need a cooling rack to cook efficiently. So, we have created a list of the best cooling racks to help cool down baked goods faster. However, this equipment has several other uses. A cooling rack helps keep the food elevated from the surface to increase airflow and speed up cooling. Although the rack is designed to cool baked goods, you can use it for various purposes. The versatile tool helps with roasting steak and chicken in the oven. The cooling rack can ensure uniform browning with optimal air circulation for a satisfying experience. With these racks, you won’t have to worry about your food getting soggy. So, explore the options listed below and their features to choose a cooling rack that suits your needs.
Our Top Picks
13 Best Cooling Racks Of 2022
One of the best cooling racks for cookies and cakes, this tool comes with six sturdy feet that raise the grid by one inch to provide excellent air circulation all around, allowing your baked treats to cool down quickly and evenly. Made of 304-grade stainless steel, this rack is well-built, durable, and won’t rust. It features a mesh design with small grid holes that prevent small and delicate food items from falling through and three bars at the base that can support heavy foods without bending. At 11.5 x 16.6in, this rack can comfortably fit a half cookie sheet that measures 13 x 18in. It is oven-safe up to 575°F, dishwasher-safe, and non-toxic.
- Features no-snag edges
- Suitable for roasting and grilling
- Free recipe book included
- Can be used as a trivet to protect countertop from hot dishes
- Coating on wire mesh may be rough
- Not heavy-duty
Do you love to bake large batches of cookies, but don’t have enough space to cool them? Here’s a collapsible cookie cooling rack that can fit up to three dozen cookies at once while keeping your kitchen counter clutter-free. Featuring three black metal racks stacked above one another, this equipment also offers enough space for cooling cupcakes, pies, and other desserts. When not in use, it can be folded to a compact size for secure storage. It measures 10 x 16in when assembled and wholly expanded.
- Space-saving design
- Has a non-stick coating for easy release
- Suitable for fresh pasta and small sweets
- Comes handy during festivals and special occasions
- Can be cleaned using warm and soapy water
- May not be dishwasher-friendly
- May not be very easy to assemble
If you do a lot of baking, get a wired rack such as this one, which is ideal for cooling baked desserts and is oven safe. This baking/cooling rack features a durable steel wire design that enhances airflow, while the PFOA-free, non-stick finish ensures effortless release of food and easy cleanup. It can withstand temperatures as high as 450°F and fits half-sheet pans perfectly. Further, it comes with large handles for transferring or removing the rack from the oven conveniently. You can also check this video to learn how this product works.
- Suitable for roasting and cooking
- Stackable design
- Available in different shapes and sizes
- Sloped sides may reduce space
- May be smaller than you expect
With its innovative vertical design, this cooling rack by Betty Crocker takes only a square foot of countertop space while cooling a large number of perfect baked delicacies. This 3-tier model is made of steel and features a wire grid design that helps cool your baked treats faster while the non-stick coating makes cleanup a breeze. The super sturdy grid construction combined with the included extra arm (that can be folded up and locked into place) offers additional support, making the rack capable of holding heavy pies and cakes. It is dishwasher-safe and can be folded down flat for easy storage.
Whether you want to cool cakes, pies, and cookies or roast vegetables and make crispy bacon in the oven, you can do it all with the help of this metal cooling rack. It keeps the food elevated from the baking sheet or pan, allowing maximum air circulation so that your food cools down right or cooks well. This six-inch round rack is constructed with chrome-plated steel wire, making it ultra-strong and durable, and features raised feet for added stability. It is rust-resistant, does not scratch surfaces, and is oven-safe up to 500°F. This product is recommended to be hand-washed with warm water and mild soap.
- Suitable for steaming
- Apt for finishing foods, such as decorating cookies
- Can be used in a Dutch oven
- Footed base for stability
- Air fryer-friendly
- May not be dishwasher-safe
- May not be rust-proof
When you have limited counter space in your kitchen, it can get challenging to cool large batches of baked treats. That’s why you need a space-saving rack shelf such as this one. This four-tiered shelf is designed to hold baking sheets, muffin tins, and pizza stones. When opened, it measures 13 inches in height and can accommodate several pans at once. Made of powder-coated steel, this sleek black tool is heat-resistant, which means you can directly place a hot baking sheet or pan on it and not worry about the material melting or warping. Lightweight and compact, it is easy to assemble and can be folded flat for convenient storage. In addition to cooling multiple batches of baked items, this rack can also be used to air-dry craft projects.
- Holds up to ten pounds of weight
- Effortless organization and access
- Suitable for placing baking sheets directly from oven
- Offers good air circulation
- Tension at the base may not be adjustable to make it stable
- Back corners of the rack may be slightly sharp
This two-piece set includes a cooling rack and a baking sheet. The wire rack is made of high-quality non-stick material for durability and sturdiness and features six raised feet to prevent skidding and wobbling. The cooling/baking rack is constructed from heavy gauge steel and features a non-stick coating. Measuring 10 x 15in, it accommodates the rack correctly. Both the pan and the rack are oven-safe up to 450°F.
- Wide handles for a comfortable grip
- Can be used with bulky mittens
- Smooth corners and raised circles for smooth release of food
- Available in gray, chocolate, and merlot
- Sheet may be prone to warping
- Coating may peel upon extended usage
An excellent addition to any kitchen, this rack is ideal for cooling, baking, or grilling food. The stainless steel canning/cooling rack features right-sized grid gaps that allow plenty of airflow and even heat distribution while preventing small food items from falling through. Featuring sturdy three-foot high legs, you won’t have to worry about the rack wobbling or shifting during the cooking process. Plus, the smooth surface of the feet does not cause scratches on any pan. It is durable, resistant to rust, and capable of withstanding extremely high heat (1470°F).
- Available in multiple sizes
- Can be used for canning
- Suitable for use in air fryer
- Rack may be domed in the middle
- May be smaller than expected
If you are a home baker, whipping up batches and batches of cakes and cookies as part of your job is normal. But if space constraint is an issue, here’s a solution for that – a stackable cooling rack. This set includes three racks that can be used individually or stacked on top of one other. Made of 304-grade stainless, it is rust-resistant and will last you a long time. In addition to cooling many small and large baked delicacies by allowing sufficient airflow, it is also safe to use in the oven. It prevents sticking and releases food without a hassle, making clean-up easier. Plus, its collapsible design offers convenient storage.
- Oven- and dishwasher-safe
- Can be used in smoker ovens
- Coating- and plating-free
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- May require perfect aligning for stacking
- Metal may be slightly thin
E-far kitchenware set includes two cooling racks constructed from quality stainless steel with tightly welded thick wires and four 0.75-inch raised feet. The sturdy material resists warping, while the stable feet allow for excellent air circulation and faster baking or cooling time. Each rack measures 16.5 x 11.5in, which means it can fit inside most half-sheet pans. While the mirror finishing of the racks ensures easy food release, the smooth rounded edges prevent snagging and scratching. The racks are non-toxic, oven-safe, and dishwasher-friendly.
- Available in grid and ladder variants
- Does not contain any coating
- Suitable for daily use
- Food-grade finish
- Versatile enough for cooking a variety of dishes
- Sturdy build
- Some may find them to be larger than expected
For professional bakers, one or two cooling racks are never enough. That said, the more cooling racks you have, the more cluttered the counter space may look. If you want to make and cool multiple batches of delicate cakes and cookies at the same time, this P&P Chef stackable rack is an ideal choice for you. In this package, you get five cooling racks that provide four stackable combinations. The racks can be used individually as well, whether fully opened or folded. They are made of durable and rust-resistant stainless steel and include 3.5-inch elevated feet and equidistant wires that offer optimal airflow while baking or cooling. Each rack features smooth edges that do not scratch and tightly and solidly welded wires for sturdiness. The mirror-finished racks are oven-safe, dishwasher-safe, and can be folded down easily. Each rack measures 15 x 10.2in and fits inside 16-inch or larger baking pans.
- Adjustable feet for easy opening and closing
- Easy to store in a cabinet or drawer
- Can be used for dehydrating meat
- Suitable for everyday use
- Does not contain any harmful coating
- Space between the lines may be wider than expected
- May not be easy to clean
Made of carbon steel metal, these Kingrol cooling racks are long-lasting, robust, and non-stick. Both racks have a crosswire mesh grid design that provides stability and can hold even the smallest of desserts, and you do not have to worry about them slipping through the slats. Each rack measures 17¼ x 11¾in and features legs that elevate the rack two inches off any surface. You can stack them or use them individually based on your preference.
- Saves space efficiently
- Can be used in smokers
- Easy to clean
- Can be used for stacking a variety of dishes simultaneously
- Stands may be wobbly when stacking
- May twist or bend easily
Tired of seeing the edges of your freshly baked cakes and cookies turning soft and mushy once they come to room temperature? Invest in this high-quality cooling rack to cool down your baked goods the right way. The set includes two racks that allow good air circulation, releasing steam faster and preventing condensation. The racks are made of a non-stick material to prevent sticking and ensure smooth release of food. Moreover, each rack can hold around two dozen cookies. Lightweight and small, these racks are dishwasher-safe and easy to store.
- Made of carbon steel wire
- Durable structure
- Tight grid pattern to keep food on the rack
- PFOA- and PTFE-free
- Elevated feet keep the countertop safe
- May be prone to rust
Given below are a few factors to consider when buying a cooling rack.
How To Choose The Right Cooling Rack
- Material: Cooling racks are generally made of chrome-plated metal, stainless steel, or carbon steel, all of which are durable and safe to use. At the same time, you also need to ensure that the racks are non-stick coated for easy cleanup and easy to wash in a dishwasher. Before you purchase a cooling rack it is essential that you understand the properties of each material and pick one that best suits your requirements.
- Rack size: The size of the cooling rack varies depending on the space on your kitchen counter and the size of your baking pan. If you want to use the rack for baking or grilling purposes, make sure that it is compatible with the baking sheet you would be using. If you have limited kitchen space or want something that can hold large amounts of food, you could opt for collapsible or stackable racks.
- Grid size: Most cooling racks are designed with strong metal wires running perpendicular to each other and intersecting each other to form a grid pattern. This type of construction is capable of withstanding high heat and heavy and large food items.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is an established product writer and reviewer specializing in home and kitchen essentials. She delivers well-researched content to guide the readers and help them purchase the best products. In this post, she lists the best cooling racks that are durable, rust-proof, oven-safe, foldable, and made of high-quality material. Read the descriptions of each product and choose the one that meets your cooking and baking needs.
Whether you are on the hunt for a brand new cooling rack or want to replace your old, warped one, you will find something that suits your needs and preferences on this list of the best cooling racks. They are a must-have accessory for both beginners and professional bakers as they speed up the cooling process and make sure your treats don’t lose their texture or become too dry. Moreover, these tools are highly efficient and budget-friendly, so you can choose the right one by considering the rack size, grid size, and material quality.
- Best Bread Maker Machines
- Best Over-The-Sink Dish Racks To Keep Your Kitchen Organized
- Best Glass Food Storage Containers For Fridge Or Kitchen
- Best Cake Pop Makers