Baby-proofing the house is essential to ensure your little one’s safety. Check out our list of the best corner protectors for babies to choose the right one. Corner protectors act as covers for sharp furniture corners, making your home a safe haven. They have a soft texture like a cushion and work as shock absorbers. So, if your baby falls or bangs their heads against them, they will be safe from the impact.
Corner protectors are easy to install and are available in various sizes and designs to suit your needs. So, take a look at our list to learn more.
No products Found
11 Best Corner Protectors For Babies
1. Best Flame Resistant: Roving Cove Protectors
This table corner and edge protector by Roving Cove measures 15 feet in length and 0.4 inches in thickness for maximum force redundancy. It is made of nitrile foam, which is non-toxic, making it a safe and effective way to keep your little one injury-free. It protects furniture from tough chemical damage and is suitable for tables of various shapes. It also comes with a strong adhesive double-sided tape.
- Flame-resistant product
- Has a high density for added softness
- Can also be used on the fireplace
- Attaching the protectors is easy
- Might have a chemical smell
2. Best Durable: Sure Basics Corner Guards
Produced using durable soft foams, this edge protector for babies by Sure Basics will keep your baby safe during their play activities. The set includes multiple foam corner protectors that can be used on square or rectangular tables with the help of their strong adhesives.
You can attach each guard to granite, ceramic, steel, marble, wood, and glass using the 3M adhesive. This baby furniture corner protector can be trusted by moms and dads as it is dense, soft, and made of non-toxic materials.
- Free of BPA, phthalates, and latex
- Installation of the guard is easy
- Has a high impact absorption
- Covers furniture corner surface to the maximum
- Not suitable for round-tables
3. Best Easy-To-Install: CalMyotis Furniture Corner Protector
The CalMyotis corner protector is suitable for all types of furniture, including wooden, glass, and metal furniture pieces. Made of polyvinyl chloride, these protectors are non-toxic, tasteless, and safe for teething infants. Moreover, the invisible design of these adhesive corner protectors ensure the appearance of your furniture is not altered while making it difficult for curious toddlers to notice.
The corner protectors feature a strong adhesive on three sides, ensuring durability and mess-free application.
- Easy to install
- BPA- and phthalate-free
- Does not damage furniture upon removal
- Rounded design provides additional protection
- May not be suitable for homes with older toddlers
- May be smaller than expected
4. Best Stylish Design: Skyla Homes Clear Corner Protectors
With its strong adhesive gel, the Skyla Homes corner guard can be attached firmly to sharp edges of coffee tables, beds, and chairs. The soft texture of this corner protector protects you and your child from accidental head and knee injuries. In addition, it has a transparent color that will quickly get dad-and-mom-approved as it blends well into the color of the furniture, thereby not disrupting the room’s color scheme. This incognito shade also grasps little attention, thereby preventing your child from scraping it off.
- Can be used on glass, metal, and wooden furniture
- Quick and easy installation
- Made of certified safe materials
- Has a sleek and stylish design
- May cause damage to furniture on removal
5. Best Food Grade: Baby Mate Corner Protectors
The large size of this baby safety corner protector prevents it from being a choking hazard to your baby and offers a large impact absorption area. Asit is made of non-toxic food-grade PVC, it is safe to use around children. This baby-friendly childproof corner guard is transparent and less likely to be picked up by your baby.
This corner bumper offers a low impact to protect your baby’s head and knees from injury. Sticking the guard to any sharp edge is also simple as its strong adhesive requires only a few taps to attach.
- Uses gel-like adhesives for firm attachment
- Can be used on wooden, metal, and glass furniture
- Causes no damage to the furniture on peeling off
- Works well on flat surfaces
- May have a strong odor
6. Best Non-Toxic: KidKusion Safety Corner Cushions
KidKusion’s corner cushions protect children and the elderly from furniture corners in your home. These guards are soft yet dense, preventing children from injuring themselves from sharp and pointed corners while running around or using furniture. The dad-and-mom-approved cushions are also easy to install on all surfaces as they come with double-sided tape.
- Free of latex and BPA
- Soft foam-based material
- UL 94-approved
- Adhesive strips may be challenging to remove
- Built-in adhesive may not last long
7. Best Moisture-Resistant: Jool Baby Corner Guards
Make your parenting journey easier with the Jool Baby corner guards. They are built to absorb maximum impact, and their rounded design ensures your child’s protection from injury.
The three-millimeter adhesive is pre-applied, making the installation process mess-free on any clean surface. The strong adhesive on these baby-proofing corner protectors is also moisture-resistant and does not wear off easily, making it a safe and effective option to keep the little one injury-free.
- Transparent color blends with any surface
- Instant two-second application
- Durable and sturdy
- Ten-year warranty
- May leave traces of adhesive upon removal
8. Best High Density: Cute Cute Jump Edge Protector
The high-density foam material of this edge protector reduces the impact of accidental falls and keeps your baby safe. You can attach the protector with its strong adhesive tape on coffee tables or furniture made of wood, metal, or glass.
Another benefit of this trusted and mom-approved baby edge protector is that you can customize the breadth based on the table’s corner dimensions. As a result, you can use the protector on tables of various shapes as needed for the baby’s safety.
- Has a high density for enhanced softness
- Easy application
- Can be removed without destructing furniture
- Available in many colors
- Might not stick well on rough surfaces
9. Best Long Lasting: Hoihoo Corner Guard
You can easily attach this corner guard by peeling off the strip on the strip. You don’t have to worry about your baby accidentally chewing on the strip because it’s made of soft food-grade PVC, which is non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
These trusted baby-proof corner protector strips can be cut to the desired width, allowing you to modify them based on the furniture or wall you want to keep your baby safe from. It is also long-lasting because the guards are tear-resistant.
- Easy to attach on any surface with the provided double-sided tape
- Has no odor
- Transparent design that camouflages with the furniture
- Can be used on most types of furniture
- Might not stick well on curved edges
10. Best BPA-Free: Baby Mate Corner Protectors
The Baby Mate furniture corner protector is made of food-grade PVC material and is not a choking hazard due to its large size. Further, its transparent appearance makes it inconspicuous to your baby’s eyes, making it impossible for your baby to peel it off.
Finally, its one-of-a-kind design incorporates a buffer zone between two PVC layers, which is critical in providing softness to the guard. This keeps your baby safe from falls. You also don’t have to worry about your baby biting on it because it’s made of non-toxic materials.
- Can be used on all corners of a table
- Free of BPA, phthalates, heavy metals, and latex
- Doesn’t damage furniture
- Comes with pre-attached strong double-sided adhesives
- Might not be suitable for curved corners
11. Best Coverage: Furnigear Corner Guard
The high density of the Furnigear Corner protector reduces the impact of falls and protects your baby effectively. Its thickness is provided by materials free of toxic metals and chemicals. In addition, you can customize the width of the bumper strip as per the furniture or the wall of attachment.
This trusted corner protection for babies can be attached to the coffee table, firewalls, kitchen tables, or any other area with sharp edges. Attaching the strip to the surface is also easy as you need to just peel the cover off the back of the corner guards for walls.
- Comes with four corner protectors
- Offers a large coverage area
- Can be attached to any surface within minutes
- Has a soft texture
- The material may not be food-grade safe
How To Choose The Right Baby Corner Protectors?
Consider the following factors when shopping for the right baby corner protector for your home.
- Shape of the furniture: Protectors for covering the edges are ideal for rectangular and square tables and cabinets, whereas strip protectors can be used on round tables.
- Material of the surface: This information is provided by the manufacturer. Check if the product is compatible with wood, glass, and metals.
- Adhesive: It must be simple to attach while not destroying the texture of furniture when removed. Customer reviews are the most reliable source for this information
- Composition: Food-grade protectors are ideal for homes with babies and pets. Babies have a habit of nibbling on items within their reach. Thus, ensure that the protector is free of toxic chemicals such as BPA, phthalates, and toxic fire retardants.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna has a special interest in pregnancy, nursing, and baby products. She ensures all her articles follow strict research guidelines, building a trusted relationship with her readers. In her article on the best corner protectors for babies, she reviewed multiple products before presenting to you the curated list to ensure quality. After considering safety and other specifications, she added a detailed description and pros and cons for every product for your convenience.
Maggie Sutherland, a newborn photographer and homeschooling mom, says, “Although a corner protector can keep your baby injury free, you must clean them regularly to avoid the accumulation of dust and germs under them. Additionally, ensure that the corner protectors do not contain any harsh substances that would harm your babies or scratch your tables.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best corner protectors?
Corner protectors made of high-quality material that resist high impact are ideal to use. You may choose rubber corner protectors or those made of silicone and foam material.
2. Are corner protectors necessary?
Yes, they are necessary, especially when you have a baby at your home. These sharp edge protectors act as a shield against edges or corners and prevent injuries.
3. Are corner protectors a choking hazard?
Corner protectors aren’t a choking hazard if used correctly. If a corner protector is tinier than usual and not adhesive, it may be a choking hazard if your little one tries to swallow it.
4. How do I use a plastic corner guard?
Align the corner guard against the wall or table corner, apply heavy-duty adhesive in the place where the guard goes, position the plastic corner protector as required, and press hard to fix permanently.
5. When should edge protectors be used?
You can use edge protectors if your home has furniture with sharp corners. You can also install them in high traffic areas, where your little one plays often or moves around frequently.
6. Is it best to use baby corner protectors without adhesive?
Corner protectors without adhesive may fall when your baby tries to pull them. Also, there may be a chance that your baby can put the protector in their mouth, making them a choking hazard. So it is recommended to secure the protectors.
When your baby begins to crawl or walk, the first thing that comes to mind is baby-proofing the house. So, corner protectors are a must-have item to ensure your child’s safety. It is also useful if you have elderly parents at home. All of the products mentioned above are among the best corner protectors available, each with a brief description, pros, and cons of the product to help you make the best decision. The above buying guide will also ensure that you select the best product for your home.