If you have a small kitchen with no space to install an in-built dishwasher, we recommend you invest in one of the best countertop dishwashers. These machines come with a mini design and can be placed next to your sink on the countertop. Most of them hold glassware and dishes used by up to six people and offer multiple cleaning settings and other features.
So if you want to make the cleaning process an easier chore, get yourself this functional equipment despite your tiny kitchen space. To help you make the right choice, we have listed the top-rated countertop dishwashers with multiple features that you can purchase.
13 Best Countertop Dishwashers For Easy Cleaning In 2023
1. Best Large-Sized: Black+Decker BCD6W Dishwasher
Here’s a dishwasher by Black+Decker that comes with seven superior wash cycles made for different types of utensils that go into it. The intuitive LED display dishwasher comes with electronic touch controls and a child lock for enhanced safety. Since the dishwasher comes with a quick-connect assembly, it does not require any plumbing or permanent installation. The interiors of the dishwasher are made of stainless steel, and the dishwasher also comes with an easy-to-hold grip handle for portability.
- Large capacity, with six place settings
- Easy to set up
- Detergent dispenser and removable printer
- Three-part filtering system
- Energy Star certified
- May not be durable
If you are looking for the best countertop dishwasher with an energy star rating, then this is a suitable choice. The hOmeLabs dishwasher has a user-friendly control panel that makes it easy to use. Setting it up is also pretty simple – just attach the inlet hose to the faucet adapter and then to a faucet, plug it in, and you are good to go. It also has a dispenser that is designed to hold the rinse aid, and an indicator light to guide you in refilling the dishwasher. You may check out this review video showcasing a tester’s experience to learn more about the product.
- Compact and easily portable
- Fits dishes for up to six place settings
- Supports six wash cycles
- Requires less water supply
- Washes and dries dishes without scratches
- Energy Star certified
- Dishes may come out with spots
- Difficult to find the right amount of soap to use
- Leaks may develop
A countertop dishwasher with a sleek design, this one from Danby has an LED display that is easy to read and use. Users can choose from the six available wash cycles ranging from intensive to soaking. Within the dishwasher, there is space for dishes, plates, and cutlery used for six settings. It is built to be easily installed and connected, and the dispenser deploys the detergent and rinse-aid automatically, cutting down the amount of manual intervention needed. It also offers energy efficiency and can be used every day. This product testing video will help you learn how to install the dishwasher yourself.
- Long-lasting steel interior
- Easy to clean
- Sized to fit onto most countertops
- Fits within a small space for storage
- Energy Star certified
- Cup for detergent may get stuck
- After-sales support may not be very helpful
Black+Decker BCD6W Dishwasher
hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher
Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher
|Dimensions||21.5"D x 21.7"W x 17.2"H||19.68 x 21.65 x 17.24 inches||19.69 x 21.65 x 17.24 inches|
|Weight||46.2 Pounds||44 pounds||46.3 pounds|
4. Best Mini: Hermitlux Countertop Dishwasher
Here’s a mini dishwasher with five washing programs and a four-place setting capacity to accommodate different utensils, right from baby feeding bottles to dishes with oil stains. The high-temperature wash dishwasher combines standard cleaning, fast cleaning, and eco-cleaning programs to help in deep cleaning the dishes. The dishwasher relies on two supply modes and has a five-liter water tank. Moreover, the dishwasher also has a transparent glass door to let you check the washing status of the dishes.
- No installation needed
- Easy to use
- High-temperature washing
- Suitable for washing fruits, vegetables, and baby products
- Suitable for baby products
- LED display with touchscreen settings
- May leave a residue
This portable dishwasher with countertop-friendly design can quickly wash your dishes and cut out unnecessary work in your kitchen. It can accommodate dishes, mugs, and cutlery used in six place-settings. In addition, this digital control dishwasher is easy to use and has an adapter that is designed to quickly connect to standard-size faucets. The space-saving dishwasher easily fits under a cabinet in kitchens and RVs and consumes about 2.85 gallons per wash.
- Saves up to 61% energy compared to other dishwashers
- Comes with seven programmed wash settings
- Spray arm delivers thorough cleaning
- Water heater helps remove bacteria
- Durable steel interior
- May throw up errors frequently
- Sides may dent easily
Comfee’s countertop dishwasher is a good option for small households that lack space but desire the convenience of a regular dishwasher. This Energy Star-certified dishwasher can accommodate up to 70 items of up to ten inches. The multiple wash cycle dishwasher offers eight different washing modes to suit various dish types. Its 360° spiral spray and 12 washing nozzles ensure it effectively removes the most stubborn stains.Additionally, it only takes around 45 minutes to clean all the dishes, making it ideal for hosting parties.
- Child-lock dishwasher
- Has a removable cutlery basket
- Sloped cup rack
- Easy to install
- Extra drying option
- Might require frequent water refills
- Motor might be prone to heating
The Ecozy portable dishwasher is a mini appliance that doesn’t take up too much counter space. The lightweight and compact dishwasher features a built-in five-liter water tank, making it ideal for small apartments, dorms, and RV trips. The quiet operation dishwasher also sports rotating spray arms and electronic touch control, making it efficient and easy to use. Moreover, its heating elements vaporize moisture to provide warm and residue-free cleaned utensils every time.
- Has transparent doors
- Has an easy-to-clean triple filter
- Offers 360° cleaning
- Requires no additional wires
- Dishes might need to be pre-rinsed
- May not fit larger dishes
Striking features, style, and an energy star rating make this countertop dishwasher an ideal choice. Its compact size means it can fit easily under most cabinets in offices, apartments, and RVs. It has a dispenser for detergent and the rinse aid, while the indicator shows when the water supply is not sufficient or when it is. It also has an indicator that provides a warning when the rinse aid needs to be refilled. The water-saving dishwasher accommodates up to six place settings.
- Durable steel interior
- Six wash options available
- Easily readable LED display
- Quickly connects to a large number of faucets
- Sides may get dented
- Water may leak from the bottom
A popular choice among mini countertop dishwashers, this is designed to fit six 10-inch plates alongside other dishes and mugs from six place settings on a dinner table. This Energy Star-certified single-rack dishwasher allows the rack to slide out for easy loading, while the overall design and shape make it compact and allow it to be stored under cabinets in a kitchen. Users can access seven programs for washing and ensure that their dishes are cleaned as per their wishes. Additional features present include child-lock and a delayed start function for up to 24 hours.
- Good amount of space in the interior
- Excellent energy efficiency
- Power cord designed for quick connection
- Operates with minimum noise
- Good price point
- Takes too long to finish washing
- Dishes may require prior hand washing
The Airmsen portable countertop and table top dishwasher is a versatile and compact device with upper and lower rotating spray arms for an enhanced cleaning experience. Its slim design, built-in water tank, water hose, and drying mode make dishwashing easier. Additionally, the dishwasher has five wash settings to help wash utensils, tableware, glassware, and fruits and vegetables.
- Ventilation system to keep odors at bay
- Includes dish rack and cutlery basket
- Can fit utensils up to 12 inches
- Motor might be noisy
- May not be suitable for large loads
Rovsun’s portable countertop dishwasher is an innovative dishwashing solution that combines convenience, efficiency, and cleanliness. This mini dishwasher is designed to fit on most countertops, making it the ideal choice for homes with limited space. It has five washing programs, two water supply modes, a built-in five-liter tank, and LED touch controls, making it suitable for people of all ages. Moreover, the 161.6 ºF temperature, 360º all-around cleaning, and drying mode make this quick wash dishwasher efficient.
- Provides streak-free cleaning
- Made of ABS materials
- Includes a detachable suction pad
- Compact and lightweight
- Door might get stuck at times
- May not be easy to set up
The ChuMaste portable countertop dishwasher is a convenient and space-saving appliance designed to make washing dishes easier and more efficient. This mini dishwasher features a five-liter water tank, five washing programs, and a leak-proof design. In addition, its spray arms rotate 360 degrees to facilitate a thorough cleanse. It is an easy-to-use and compact dishwasher for small kitchens and those with limited space.
- Features full tank indicator sound
- Easy to install
- Can be used to wash fruits and vegetables
- Features a built-in ventilation system
- ETL certified
- Heat drying timer may not be adjustable
- May be heavy
Top-of-the-line features make this a good option among mini countertop dishwashers with stainless steel interiors. It is spacious enough to fit up to six standard-sized place settings. The interior is long-lasting and sturdy and can be safely used to wash dishes in hot water that has a temperature of up to 148°F. The controls are easy to navigate and set up for easy cleaning of the dishes, and this automatic detergent dispensing dishwasher features six wash cycles to choose from.
- Provides good water pressure
- Can be easily moved
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Accepts a wide variety of detergents
- Sliding rack/shelves are easy to load
- Error lights might start randomly
- Regular-sized plates do not fit
How Do Countertop Dishwashers Work?
Here is what you should know about how countertop dishwashers work.
- They are designed for temporary installation in small spaces
A countertop dishwasher needs to be attached to the sink faucet for water inflow. After the wash cycle, water is drained from these dishwashers into a sink. However, some dishwashers can be set up with a button for a bypass that routes water into them. Many portable countertop dishwashers are not meant to be permanently installed in small spaces.
Specific detergent pods or liquid has to be added to such machines for washing dishes. Most allow for a rinse aid to be used to ensure dishes are dry without spots and streaks. As heaters are present in most countertop dishwasher models, they can be used for washing bottles for babies. Also, several dishes, including moderate-sized pots/pans, can fit in them.
Some dishwashers can also be used for steaming dishes and washing vegetables. Several countertop models that are portable even have tanks for storing water and can be used outdoors if suitable power connections are available.
Benefits of Using Countertop Dishwashers
- Designed for countertops: They are designed to be placed on standard-sized kitchen countertops, fit below cabinets, and do not need a separate stand.
- Energy-efficient and cost-effective: The energy consumed by small countertop dishwashers is quite less, and most have a low operating cost, making them suitable for long-term use.
- Quick set up: They can be quickly set up and used without any tools and do not require a professional’s help.
- They require less water and detergent: Compared to full-sized dishwashers and manual dishwashers, countertop models use less water and detergent.
- They are safe to use: With heaters included in countertop dishwasher models, dishes and bottles for babies are washed perfectly and are safe to use.
How To Choose The Right Countertop Dishwasher?
Here is how you should go about choosing a countertop dishwasher.
- Check the size of your dishes: Before buying a countertop dishwasher, you need to check the size of the plates that you use and ensure they fit within the interior cavity.
- Check if it fits dishes used in meals: Countertop models are designed for use by small families and can typically fit dishes, mugs, glasses, and plates used in six place settings on a dining table. Check this feature so that you can clean the dishes from one or two meals at once, and not have to run the dishwasher several times a day.
- Find out the power consumed: Some dishwashers have a better energy star rating than others. In such models, energy consumption is low, and you will not have to spend too much on electricity bills.
- Check if a tank is included: Several dishwashers that are built for portable use come with an inbuilt tank, making them useful when traveling in a recreational vehicle or camping outdoors.
- Find out the type of detergent needed: Certain brands require detergent pods, while others are more flexible and accept liquid detergent. So, check if you have access to the detergent required.
- Ensure you have enough space to install it: Ensure the power cord has enough length and measure your countertop to check if it has space to accommodate the dishwasher.
- Wash cycles to suit your needs: Cleaning bottles for babies and baby care items are not supported in some dishwashers. So, check if the wash cycles in your dishwasher have what you need.
- Ensure it can be connected to your faucet: Some mini countertop dishwashers come with adapters and can be fitted to different faucets with ease. Some may not come with an adapter, which means you have to spend extra to purchase one.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John specializes in kitchen products, and has considered all your needs to curate the products in this article. Prioritizing the idea of a clean kitchen, Sakshi has gone through multiple user reviews and selected countertop dishwashers that are compact, efficient, spacious, and easy to maintain. Moreover, she has included economic and eco-friendly products that consume less water. Finally, she has included a buyer’s guide to help you choose the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do countertop dishwashers work?
Countertop dishwashers are small, compact appliances designed to fit a kitchen countertop. They work by drawing in water from the kitchen sink’s faucet and using powerful jets and detergent to clean the dishes. The dirty water is then released through the drain. These dishwashers can do a thorough job of making your utensils squeaky clean without a mess.
2. Do I need a countertop dishwasher?
If you live in a small space and don’t have room for a full-sized dishwasher, or if you don’t like washing dishes by hand, a countertop dishwasher can be a convenient and efficient option. Moreover, it is energy-efficient, can be quickly set up, and consumes less water and detergent than large-sized ones.
3. Is a countertop dishwasher eco-friendly?
Some countertop dishwashers are designed to be more eco-friendly than others. If you’re concerned about the environmental impact of your appliance, it’s worth looking for a countertop dishwasher that uses less water and electricity than traditional models.
4. Is a countertop dishwasher the same as a portable dishwasher?
Some countertop dishwashers are portable, while others are not. However, both can be temporarily connected to the faucet of a sink. Large or heavy countertop dishwashers may not be portable.
When limited space becomes an issue with installing an in-built dishwasher, you can always solve it by investing in one of the best countertop dishwashers. Compact and functional, these dishwashers make cleaning effortless and less time-consuming. Before choosing the perfect one for your home, ensure they are big enough to fit the number of plates you require. Also, check the interior cavity, its Energy Star rating, and if it is expert-recommended, portable, and has an inbuilt tank.
- Best Trivets (Mats) For Countertops
- Best Dishwasher Detergents
- Best Moen Kitchen Faucets
- Best Delta Kitchen Faucets