A countertop water filter is a water filtration system that removes harmful contaminants and also alkalizes tap water, making it safe for drinking. It can be directly fixed to the kitchen faucet or the main water source to get clean water directly from the tap. The water filter takes less space and can be installed conveniently.
In this post, we give you a list of the best countertop water filters suitable for home or office.
13 Best Countertop Water Filters
CuZn countertop water filter purifies water through a three-stage filtration process. It can be installed in your home or office and can filter 50,000 gallons of water for up to five years. The filter can decrease contaminants, including heavy metals such as cadmium, mercury, lead, along with pesticides, molds, algae, herbicides, and odors, to ensure good water quality.
- Can be installed easily
- Designed for municipal water
- Comes with inlet and outlet fittings
- Bacteriostatic and doesn’t eliminate healthy minerals
- Low maintenance, hassle-free use
- Filtered water may not taste good
- Water may not be too clear
The counter top water filter system purifies water by eliminating chlorine, radon, and sediments. It can be easily fixed to the standard kitchen faucets and alkalizes the water to promote hydration, neutralize the acidity of the body, and reduce fatigue. The filter keeps the water fresh and free from harmful pesticides and mercury, making it safe to drink.
- Hassle-free installation
- Carbon blocks reduce contaminants
- Provides clean and freshwater
- Requires low maintenance
- Doesn’t take much space
- May not be durable
- May have to replace the filter frequently
Bring home this sustainable water filtration system and filter 800 gallons of water, equivalent to around 6000 bottles of water. The 10-stage filtering process helps remove arsenic, pesticides, mercury, lead, and chlorine to give you clean and safe water. It saves space and can be installed in a few minutes to your standard faucet. Drinking the filtered water free from harmful chemicals can keep you away from serious health concerns.
- Can be fixed conveniently
- Provides tasty and odorless water
- Cost-effective and versatile
- Filters waters through ten stages
- Clean water can be dispensed easily
- Water flow could be slow
- Could be difficult to replace the cartridge
The countertop filter purifies water through two stages. Its inner cartridge can be replaced easily, and it comes with an automatic shut-off option. You can install the filter conveniently without tools easily. It removes all the organic and inorganic contaminants to give you clean water to drink.
- Retains essential minerals
- Doesn’t require plumbing
- Can be installed in a few minutes
- Comes with built-in shut off valve
- High water flow rate
- Clean water could be used for cooking and washing veggies too
- Water could leak
- Doesn’t have NSF certification
With this filtration system at home, you need not worry about replacing the filters too often. You can install it without any hassle and even clean it conveniently. It reduces 97% chlorine and other contaminants to provide fresh drinking water. The filter can be used to purify 10,000 gallons of water.
- Requires no plumbing
- Doesn’t have cartridges
- Purifies water through five stages
- Can be fixed to any faucet
- Comes with manual and diverter valve
- May not last long
The filtration system is certified by NSF and can be easily attached to a faucet. It doesn’t require frequent filter replacements and purifies water by eliminating 77 contaminants and retaining healthy minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium. You can use the filtered good quality water for multiple purposes.
- Hassle-free installation
- Eliminates chloramine and chlorine
- Not bulky and saves space
- Doesn’t require permanent fixtures
- Provides good tasting water
- Could have a leaking issue
The advanced countertop water filtration mechanism can purify water in three stages. It is an efficient system with a compact design that can fit on any standard faucet. The advanced system takes only a few minutes for the installation and helps to remove chlorine, fluoride, and other chemicals to give you clean and fresh drinking water.
- Multiple stage filter
- Has a minimalistic design
- Portable and versatile
- Retains healthy minerals
- Can be used at home or in office
- Could taste bad
- May not be 100% effective
Simple in design and versatile in function, this water filtration system comes with a carbon block cartridge to eliminate harmful chemicals, pesticides, and toxins from water. You can install it easily and use it smoothly to get clean and odor-free drinking water. It doesn’t require any drilling and can be fixed anywhere you like.
- Eliminates 95% water contaminants
- Portable and compact
- Designed in a standard size
- Offers leak-free, quick, and easy installation
- May not taste good
The durable countertop water purification system is made of heavy-duty stainless steel. It comes with a carbon block filter cartridge that eliminates odor, along with sediments, chlorine, and other contaminants from the water. The filter is designed to purify 1000 gallons of water and has a 3/4in port spout for quick water flow.
- Can be installed and cleaned easily
- Eliminates 97% chlorine
- Comes with a filter wrench
- Can be used for multiple purposes
- Filtered water tastes good
- Water may drip even after you shut it off
Sleek and modern in design, this countertop water filter purifies water in multiple stages. It can be installed in minutes and has a huge filtration capacity. The system increases the pH level of the water and retains healthy minerals. It removes heavy metals, fluoride, and chlorine to give you fresh drinking water.
- Versatile and durable
- Filter can be changed easily
- Can easily fit standard faucets
- Improves the smell and taste of water
- Has a longer shelf life
- May need regular reviews
The water filtration system comes with a 5-micron block carbon cartridge to eliminate water contaminants and give you fresh and clean quality water. It takes little time for installation and comes with a carbon filter made of BPA-free, food-grade material.
- Reduces 99% contaminants
- Can be installed in a few minutes
- Comes with a diverter valve
- Available in one and two-stage filter options
- Can be fixed to any standard faucet
- May start to leak after a few months
The SimPure water filter comes with a built-in 5-micron carbon cartridge to remove sand, sediment, odor, rust, and chlorine to give you clean and safe drinking water. It can be installed conveniently and has a long shelf life as it is made with stainless steel.
- Modern and portable design
- Provides efficient filtration
- Single and double-stage filtration available
- Provides clear and safe drinking water
- Can choose from ceramic or CTO filter
- Taste may not be good
Zero-installation and modern design, this countertop water dispenser comes with a multi-filtration technique to remove 99.99% of contaminants. The filter is easy to replace and saves more water than others. The filter is NSF certified and purifies water as per the safety health standards.
- Simple and compact design
- No tools required for installation
- Comes with a replacement reminder
- Can be kept in kitchen or dining space
- Provides tasty and odor-free water
- May not be easy to clean
How Does A Countertop Water Filter Work?
A countertop water purification system is a simple and effective device. It consists of a cartridge and a diverter tube, which is attached to the faucet. The water from the faucet goes to the filter through the diverter tube and is filtered through the cartridge. The purified water comes out from the filter’s faucet to the container.
However, the process could change as per the number of filter cartridges and a countertop filter system design. Some filters have multiple stages to eliminate contaminants, while others have one or two stages. Irrespective of the variations, the filter functioning principle is the same throughout.
Benefits Of A Countertop Water Filter
Countertop water filters can offer many advantages, some of which are mentioned below.
- Harmful contaminants in drinking water can pose serious health risks. The countertop water filter helps to reduce the toxins, sediments, and harmful substances to offer you safe drinking water.
- The water filter removes chlorine and fluoride that cause unpleasant taste and odor in the water, thereby giving you better tasting and odorless water to drink.
- Purchasing a countertop water filter is a one-time investment and a cost-effective solution to safe drinking water in comparison to buying water bottles.
- The countertop filtration systems are compact in design and can be installed easily and quickly.
- Most of the countertop water filters require minimal maintenance and do not require frequent replacement of cartridges. That means, once installed, you are good to use it for several months.
- Purified water is said to offer health benefits such as enhanced immune system, improved digestion and skin health, and overall good health.
How To Choose A Right Countertop Water Filter?
Here are a few features to consider for choosing the most appropriate countertop water filter system.
- Aesthetics: The countertop water filter should have the minimalistic design so that it fits well near the sink. You can choose a modern and compact design over the bulky filtration system to go well with the interiors of the kitchen.
- Material: Always pick stainless steel over plastic and BPA-free material for the long life of the countertop water filter system.
- Capacity: When you want the water filter for a small home with few members, then a medium-capacity filter would be enough. However, if you need a filter system for office purposes or where many people are going to use it, then it is better to have a high-capacity filter.
- Maintenance: To save time, effort, and additional money, choose a countertop water filter that requires less maintenance and is easy to install with fewer cartridge replacements.
Do not buy a countertop water filter in a hurry. As it is a one-time investment, you need to consider all the factors so that it lasts for long and gives you fresh, clean, and safe drinking water for many years to come.