Summers can be unpleasant for some as they bring several skin problems due to intensified UV rays and increased dehydration. The heat and humidity can make your oil glands hyperactive, causing excessive sebum, sunburn, itchy rashes, and premature aging signs. Therefore, it is essential to buy a hydrating and nourishing face cream as a part of skincare routine. Here is a list of the best face creams for summer and a buying guide to choose the most suitable product.
13 Best Creams For Face In Summer
With a fragrance-free formula, Neutrogena’s face moisturizer is one of the best creams for oily skin. It incorporates hyaluronic acid that attracts and locks in the skin moisture. The cream is rich in texture, and the gel-based formula gives rapid hydration to your skin, making it soft, smooth, and supple. It is dye- and fragrance-free and is a perfect addition to your daily self-care routine.
- Suitable for every skin type
- Oil-free, non-comedogenic formula
- Long-lasting moisturizing formula
- Will not lead to breakouts
- Users with cystic acne and sensitive skin should be cautious while using this cream
- Might make pores larger
- Some might face a burning sensation
With a fragrance-free formula, this hydrating facial cream contains niacinamide and glycerin. It is suitable for people with sensitive skin and will not clog your pores. This moisturizer will also help in restoring the natural protective barrier of the skin. It is lightweight and will leave your skin with a soft, plumped look. You can use it in your daily skincare routine as it is safe and efficient.
- Paraben-free and non-comedogenic
- Locks up moisture in your skin for around 48 hours
- Contains prebiotic thermal water that leaves skin smooth and hydrated
- Might forms white clumps
- Might give a burning sensation if your skin is too sensitive
- Might leave visible white patches after drying
The hydrating face cream is formulated from vitamin C ester, rose distillate, vitamin E, meadowfoam seed oil, and organic Cranberry extract. It is nourishing and hydrating that will leave your skin smooth. Its featherweight formula helps to minimize signs of aging; fine lines, deeper wrinkles, flaking, etc. It incorporates rejuvenating targeted ingredients that treat acne scars, sunspots, and dull skin tone. It is safe for people with skin conditions, such as eczema, dermatitis, and rosacea.
- Instantly absorbs into the skin, giving a radiant look
- Won’t clog pores
- Contains -natural and vegan ingredients
- Free from fragrance, colors, parabens, gluten, and petroleum
- Suitable for every skin type
- Contains phenoxyethanol that can trigger certain infections
- Not suitable for dry skin
- Might leave skin itchy
The rosy tint facial moisturizer has anti-aging properties, offers a smooth look with enhanced pigments. Specially developed for mature skin, this summer cream gives a perfect dose of hydration. It is formulated from LHA and imperial peony extracts to exfoliate your dull skin gently. You can use it during the daytime after using your daily SPF to get that plumped pink glow.
- Gives instant moisturization skin daily
- Renews surface cells giving it a pink tint
- Firms the skin and rejuvenates it
- Rich, non-greasy formula
- Available in fragrance and fragrance -free version
- Contains mineral oil that can clog pores
- If used excessively, it might give a red tone to the skin
Suitable for all skin types, Simplified Skin’s retinol cream is the summer moisturizer for oily skin. Its fragrance-free formula is developed with bio-active ingredients; hyaluronic acid, vitamin B5 and E, shea butter, green tea, etc. It is effective and gentle on the skin. It can reduce acne spots, dark circles, wrinkles, and fine lines. The USA-based product is 98% natural and 71% organic.
- Free from parabens, sulfates, and gluten
- Can be used day or night
- Improves uneven skin tone and texture
- Rich in antioxidants and reverses aging signs
- Stimulates collagen, elastin production and increases cell turnover.
- Might cause pink patches if you have sensitive skin
- Has a thick and sticky texture
- Can lead to breakouts
Formulated to hydrate and seal in moisture, this is a deep-hydration face cream. It aids in optimizing elasticity and firmness in your skin by plumping it and locking in moisture. The cream helps combat issues, such as dry, flaky skin, rough patches, and uneven skin texture. It incorporates a blend of niacinamide, hexamidine, and amino peptides for a visibly fresh, rejuvenated, smooth, and younger-looking skin.
- Tackles the roots to reduce aging
- Adds firmness and elasticity to the skin
- You can use it day and night
- Can be used with makeup too
- Has a thin texture that might not absorb on the skin
- Might give a cakey look to the skin
- Might irritate the eyes on application
With the scent of shea butter and green tea, this is the best lightweight moisturizer. It contains anti-aging properties and has active retinol that reduces hyperpigmentation, laugh lines, fine lines, etc. It is gentle on all skin types as it soothes and hydrates your skin. Also, it incorporates hyaluronic acid that acts as a protective barrier and locks in moisture in your skin.
- Contains counter collagen that slows down aging
- All-natural and 71% organic
- Accelerates cell turnover
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Pump might not work
- Some may have a burning sensation
- Greasy andthick texture
Specially formulated for the mature skin type, this product is the best light facial moisturizer. It has goat’s milk complex, vitamin A, B5, and E. The skin cream deeply absorbs into the skin and intensely moisturizes the epidermis and other skin layers. You can also use it as a makeup base, and it protects the skin from excessive drying. It smoothens the skin and boosts its elasticity and restoring properties.
- Lightens uneven skin tone
- Helps prevent skin irritation caused by excessive sebum build-up
- Reduces oil production
- Revitalizes the skin
- Might offer an unpleasant fragrance
- Can lead to skin breakouts
- Might make the skin itchy and bumpy
Ideal for acne-prone and oily skin, the face cream has a scent of aloe vera and green tea. The ingredients include ginseng, organic rose water, tea tree, vitamin B5 and E, and organic shea butter. Experience an eight-hour moisture lock with this moisturizing cream that also stops facial oils from clogging pores. It targets scars, blemishes, acne and protects from UV damage. It includes a cosmetic spoon for easy application.
- Free from silicones, sulfates, and parabens
- Leads to an even skin tone
- Free from irritants and harsh chemicals
- Contains vitamin C serum that brightens and revives skin tone
- Suitable for people with acne, psoriasis, eczema
- Might make a face dry
- Can lead to breakouts
With a broad-spectrum SPF and hydrating properties, the face cream comes with eight benefits, including the benefits of a BB cream. It hydrates and illuminates your skin, giving it a youthful glow. The SPF protects the skin from any damage of UVA and UVB rays, and the mineral pigments help even out the skin tone.
- Blend of skincare and makeup
- Evens out complexion and blemishes
- Pomegranate extract deeply nourishes the skin
- Conceals imperfections
- Lightweight formula
- Might give a dark complexion to the skin
- Does not stay longer on the skin
Re-texture your skin to get a beautiful, youthful glow as this summer cream reduces wrinkles and restores skin elasticity. It incorporates olive oil, vitamin E, coconut oil, shea oil, and honey. This body moisturizer contains double the amount of hyaluronic acid and other fruit acids that have anti-aging properties. They absorb the water and hold it in the skin, thereby leading to plumped and a moisturized skin.
- Contains AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) that facilitate skin regeneration
- Restores vibrancy and enhances your skin texture
- Will efficiently bind elastin and collagen to improve the skin firmness
- Can be used on neck and décolletage
- Some might experience itchiness
- Not suitable for acne-prone skin
One of the best hydrating moisturizers, Luxe Organix’s vitamin C combination moisturizer, will make your skin brighter and nourished. It is formulated to reduce skin blotches, blemishes, and age spots. It will also target acne scars, sunspots, and uneven skin tone. The infused vitamin C will hydrate your skin without giving you a greasy or heavy look and is perfect for every skin type. You can also use the cream under makeup.
- Paraben- and cruelty-free
- Includes antioxidants that reduce dark spots and blemishes
- Repairs damaged skin and smoothen wrinkles and other fine lines
- Does not contain mineral oils, gluten, alcohol, and artificial dyes
- Pump dispenser might not work
- Has an unpleasant fragrance
- Has a heavy and a thick texture
Suitable for every skin type, this formula is non-irritating and non-alcoholic. It provides an all day and night moisturizer since it gets deeply absorbed into the skin. Containing eggplant extracts, it aids in the regeneration of new cells and repairs and soothes the damaged cells. Hyaluronic acid protects your skin from irritation and dirt. It is formulated with natural ingredients that won’t give you a greasy look.
- Eggplant extract reduces the skin temperature and calms the skin
- Incorporates extracts of tea tree leaf, bamboo, Centella, and machi
- Controls excess oil on the skin
- Has a light and subtle fragrance
- Might lead to breakouts
- Some may experience red patches on the face
Things To Consider While Buying A Face Cream In Summer
Here are some factors that you should consider while buying a good cream for the face.
- Ingredients: Choose creams containing natural and organic ingredients that are not harsh on the face and would not lead to any breakout.
- Skin type: Determine your skin type as different skin types are sensitive to various beauty products and ingredients.
- Weather conditions: If you want supple, smooth, and radiant skin, pick a moisturizer that suits that weather. Choose a lightweight, hydrating and nourishing cream for a youthful glow.
- SPF: An SPF of 30 to 50 will protect your skin from the damage of UVA and UVB rays if you stay outside most of the time. If you stay at home, SPF15 should be your go-to option. In either case, you should opt for a face cream with sunscreen.
- Vitamins: Your skincare should include some vitamins for maintaining a glow on your skin. They help to combat blemishes, dark spots, damage and repair fine lines.
When it comes to skin, you should be extra cautious. A perfect face and body moisturizer can prove to be an absolute game-changer, while the wrong one can cause breakouts, rashes, acne, etc. We hope the above-mentioned list would help you choose a product to add to your everyday skin routine.