Time to delight the wedding season with sassy makeup looks, and that’s why we have listed the best cream foundations. Foundation creates an even skin tone which makes a great base for the rest of the makeup. This means that picking the right foundation for your skin type is very important for the rest of your look.
Foundations are available in different forms, finishes and coverage. Think about liquid, powder or cream and matte or satin finish. Foundation coverage comes in light, medium and full.
In this post, we’re focusing on cream foundations. They offer a medium to full coverage and are suitable for dry skin. However, a good cream foundation depends on your skin type, so it is important to know your skin before buying the foundation. Read on to check out the list of cream foundations we have created for you.
10 Best Cream Foundations For A Smooth Skin Texture In 2023
1. Best Travel-Friendly: Shany Cosmetics Professional Cream Foundation
The Shany Cosmetics professional foundation palette with 15 colors is formulated to meet all your makeup requirements. It is concocted with iron oxides, titanium dioxide, polymethyl methacrylate, and other safe ingredients for a subtle glaze.
- Compact and travel-friendly
- Works as a corrector, concealer, foundation, or eye shadow base on your skin
- Can be blended with two or more shades to create the right tone for your skin
- May be slightly thick
- Quality of the container could have been better
"I love using this cream-based concealer palette for both soft and full glam. The formula does not leave a greasy finish and hardly requires any touch-ups. It did take me a while to decipher the right shades, but the result made it worth all the time and patience spent. In short, given its versatility and coverage, I do recommend it."
2. Best Sun Protection: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Makeup Cream Foundation
With a luxurious texture, cake-free look, and mousse-like intensity, this foundation cream by the celebrity-endorsed brand Neutrogena can be a great addition to your makeup kit. The dermatologist-tested non-comedogenic cream foundation is enriched with soy and vitamins A, B5, C, and E and is safe for use on all skin types. Moreover, it is a smooth natural finish cream foundation, made to provide you with a fuller look.
- Comes with SPF 55 to protect the skin from UVA/UVB rays
- Blends easily with the skin to give a natural look
- Lightweight formula offers a sheer finish
- Does not clog pores
- May not come with a sponge
- May not suit acne-prone skin
"I adore this foundation as it has served me well over the years. Its creamy texture moisturizes and protects my skin from the sun. Though the absence of a sponge was a bit disappointing, it is easy to apply, even with my fingers. Plus, I appreciate its ability to provide ample coverage over my dark circles."
3. Best For All Skin Types: True + Luscious Camera Stick Foundation
True + Luscious Camera stick foundation is a dermatologist-tested cream foundation compatible with all skin types, offering mid-range to full coverage. The professional-grade vegan cream foundation features a skin-friendly formula. It covers the pores to give you an ultra-matte finish.
- Suitable for day or night use
- Cruelty- and paraben-free
- Tested by dermatologists
- Long-lasting and super shiny
- .Also works as a concealer
- Some may not like the fragrance
- May be slightly greasy
"Narrowing down on the right shade may be a bit challenging; however, once applied, it left my skin glowy without feeling heavy or greasy. Plus, it is vegan and cruelty-free, which is comforting. Despite the initial shade-related hiccup, I found it to be an excellent update to my makeup routine."
Best Sun Protection
Best For All Skin Types
|Shany Cosmetics Professional Cream Foundation||Neutrogena Healthy Skin Makeup Cream Foundation||True + Luscious Camera Stick Foundation|
|Skin Type||Oily, Combination, Sensitive, Dry, Normal||All||Oily, Combination, Dry, Normal|
|Color||NUDE||10 / Classic Ivory||Shade 1|
|Dimensions||9.5 x 6 x 0.5 inches||0.97 x 2.75 x 2.75 inches||-|
|Weight||8.96 Ounces||0.35 Ounces||-|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Dermatologically-Tested: Kiko Milano Face Cream Foundation And Concealer
The optimum and neutral CC blur concealer and foundation from Kiko Milano assists in hiding imperfections and offers a bright shine in a few minutes. Being a highly recommended hypoallergenic cream foundation, no harmful elements have been used in making this results-driven product, and it is dermatologically tested to minimize allergy risk.
- Compatible with all skin concealing blemishes
- Gives a sheer finish and uniform color to the skin
- Clinically proven to improve skin hydration
- Cruelty-free and non-comedogenic
- May be slightly thick
- May not offer good coverage
"This cream applies very easily and feels silky and light on my face, though the coverage could have been better. Nevertheless, it can hide light discoloration, visibly blur the pores to a certain extent, and blend beautifully. It may not completely mask dark freckles and aging spots, but it leaves my skin velvety and hydrated without an oily aftereffect."
5. Best Cruelty-Free: Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques Cream Foundation
With an assortment of silica, green tea, zinc oxide, beeswax, and argan oil, this mineral cream foundation bestows a smooth finish. This concealing cream foundation helps cover skin pores, wrinkles, and blemishes while creating an even skin tone, suitable for all skin tones.
- Provides UVA and UVB protection
- Available in warm, neutral, and cool shades
- Gluten- and paraben-free,
- Made of 100% clean and organic minerals and vitamins
- May be slightly sticky
- Some may find the smell intense
"Switching to the Lauren Brooke crème foundation was a good decision. As someone with mature, acne-prone skin, I find its perfectly balanced formulation satisfying as it doesn't dry my face or make it feel oily. It gives my skin a healthy glow. However, I had to wait for it to fully dry before touching my face. Nonetheless, it is a good option, as just a little dab goes a long way, and it is cruelty-free."
6. Best For Removing Blemishes: Milani Conceal + Perfect Cream Foundation Stick
Formulated with bamboo powder and lily extract, the cream foundation from Milani is an emollient cream that is safe for every skin type. The professional-grade oil-free cream foundation is a cruelty-free and vegan formula, creating a non-messy texture and giving you an even skin tone.
- Absorbs oil and removes blemishes
- Conceals pores and blemishes
- Comes in 20 unique shades to choose from
- Easy to apply
- Stick may be smaller than you expect
"I was initially a bit skeptical about this one, but it surprised me. It matched my skin tone well, despite my doubts while choosing the shade based on pictures. A solid product; I am pleased with the smooth coverage it provides to stay photo-ready!"
7. Best Luminous: Ruby Kisses Cream Foundation 3D Face
Ruby Kisses’s buildable cream foundation provides light to medium consistent coverage, helping you create those 3D looks. It is known for its proven efficacy and is formulated to conceal skin imperfections, such as pigmentation, and give your skin a natural, luminous finish.
- Contains hyaluronic acid and vitamins A and E to nourish the skin
- Non-greasy formula
- Highly pigmented shades
- Lasts up to 12 hours
- Shades might be lighter than expected
- May not provide full coverage
"This foundation provides medium-to-full coverage with a matte finish. It does a great job of evening out blemishes and stays intact all day. I love the seamless finish, and it helps blend wig laces to give a natural look. Last but not the least, it is smooth and easily blendable."
8. Best Moisturizing: RMS Beauty “Un” Cover–Up Cream Foundation
This is a hydrating cream foundation meticulously formulated for optimum results. The product contains rosemary extract, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and buriti oil to moisturize your skin and give it an exquisite dewy finish. The formula is not tested on animals and is non-GMO.
- Comes with a spatula to spread the cream evenly and smoothly
- Hydrates and improves skin tone
- Offers a sheer finish
- Available in a good range of colors to suit all skin tones
- Free of gluten and soy
- May be slightly thick
"The creamy consistency of this foundation is delightful, though over-applying it can lead to a shiny look. The perfect color match and smoothening out of the fine lines have won me over. Also, it provides long-lasting coverage."
9. Best For Tanned Skin: Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation
The two-in-one Cover FX total cover foundation and concealer pack is free of phthalates, sulfates, parabens, and synthetic dyes. To use this silky smooth cream foundation, apply a few drops and you are all set to glam up your appearance.
- Suitable for blemished and tanned skin
- Improves skin tone and offers SPF 30 protection
- Not tested on animals
- Offers good coverage
- May be slightly drying
- May be lighter than you expect
"Although, unlike its contemporaries, it may take a bit longer to blend in the product, the foundation revives my skin and covers my dark spots effectively. When paired with a quality primer and setting powder, it renders a long-lasting, budge-free finish. All in all, I am glad I found this option!"
10. Best Skin Firming: Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation
Covergirl & Olay’s Simply Ageless foundation is a lightweight, age-defying, results-driven cream foundation that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It is formulated with hyaluronic acid and vitamin C to make your skin look younger, firmer, and smoother while improving skin tone. This is an SPF-infused cream foundation that will also protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Easy to use
- Hydrates the skin
- Available in various shades
- May not be suitable for dry skin
- May not be suitable for those with acne issues
"I was surprised at how well this base makeup evens out my skin tone and covers the imperfections. It hides wrinkles and brown spots without caking or flaking. It is pretty lightweight and non-greasy, and it is perfect for daily use. Plus, it looks great even after long office hours."
How to Choose The Best Cream Foundation?
Here are a few things to keep in mind to choose the best cream foundation for your skin.
- Consider your skin type before purchasing a cream foundation. A cream foundation often works best for people with dry skin. However, some cream foundations are focused on oily skin types because they have oil-absorbing properties. Knowing your skin type helps tremendously with picking the right product for your skin. Simone De Vlaming, a beauty expert, adds, “Determining your undertone is essential to figure out what shade of foundation to buy. Often, foundations are separated by undertone: yellow, pink, and neutral. Once you know the undertone of your skin, it’s easier to pick a foundation that matches you perfectly.”
- Consider the finish you want to achieve before purchasing a foundation. Do you want a matte or dewy finish? Do you need medium to full coverage or is light coverage enough? Make sure you know what you’re looking for.
- Look for ingredients proven to deliver visible results and check if you’re allergic to any. Do a patch test to check for allergens.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag has a knack for creating content related to beauty and skincare. Her writings are diverse and authentic, keeping in mind the readers’ requirements. Being a writer who focuses on skincare as one of her niches, Poulami ensures that the details listed in this article, from the best cream foundations products, their features, are guaranteed to help the readers in a hassle-free shopping experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is foundation cream good for skin?
Cream foundations are primarily for cosmetic use, although some may be infused with certain natural ingredients that can hydrate and moisturize the skin. Avoid foundations with toxic ingredients and others that you may be allergic to, as that can cause a breakout on the skin.
2.What do I apply cream foundation with?
High-coverage cream foundations can be applied using a flat foundation brush, a beauty sponge. You can also apply it with your fingers if you intend to use a sheer-to-medium coverage foundation.
3.Are cream foundations better than liquid foundations?
A cream foundation is ideal for achieving medium-to-full coverage, while a liquid foundation offers full coverage. Unlike liquid foundation, cream foundation is thick and ideal for dry skin. A creamy foundation offers hydration, but at the same time, it can also cause creasing.
4. Can I apply the cream foundation to mature skin?
Mature skin may have fine lines and wrinkles. The thick creamy foundation may settle in fine lines and wrinkles, and make the lines appear more visible. So those with mature skin can opt for a liquid foundation.
5. Can I apply cream foundation directly on the face without a primer?
Yes, you can apply the foundation directly, but you may not get the desired flawless finish. A primer helps minimize flaws, control the shine, and makes your skin look even.
6. Can I put cream foundation on with a brush?
Yes, you can apply the cream foundation by using a brush. A synthetic brush would be helpful in applying the cream foundation as it blends the product well.
7. Do I need to apply powder after using a cream foundation?
Applying regular powder or setting powder after the foundation helps your makeup last for prolonged hours. It also absorbs excess oil and offers a flawless finish.
Cream foundations are the basis of your makeup look and offer good coverage. The right foundation can help you achieve the dream look you aspire to have for your special occasion. When buying one, always try to match the shade of the foundation to your natural skin tone, as it will help your face look smoother and blend in well with your skin.
Our top recommendations include the True + Luscious Camera Stick Foundation, which has a skin-friendly formula, and the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Makeup Cream Foundation, which covers blemishes and offers sun protection. Moreover, learn more about the ingredients used to avoid anything that might provoke an allergic reaction on your skin.
Infographic: How To Apply A Cream Foundation?
A cream foundation can help achieve flawless-looking dewy skin, but when misapplied, the foundation can make the skin look dull and cakey. Hence, following the proper steps to get the desired look is essential. Check the following infographic to learn more about properly applying a cream foundation.
- Best Drugstore Highlighters
- Best Beauty Products For Teens
- Best Powders For Oily Skin
- Best Sunscreens For Rosacea