Crepe, the thinner version of the pancake, is a French food now popular across the world. Since crepes look similar to pancakes, you might feel it is okay to prepare them in a regular fry pan. But to make the perfect crepe, you will need a special crepe pan designed to make really thin crepes.
An ideal crepe pan is lightweight and offers extra durability as compared to other pans. Its special design enables uniform heating, so your crepes are crisp and brown. We have put our product hunting skills to good use and managed to bring you a list of the best crepe pans you can buy online.
Top Products From Our List
13 Best Crepe Pans
Looking for a durable non-stick stainless steel crepe pan? Then this one might be the best option available online. Its three-layer design comes with an aluminum core and stainless steel interior and exterior. Its heat surround technology ensures great cooking and also helps achieve optimum flavor for your crepes.
- Stainless steel riveted handles keep hands safe while cooking
- Cooks evenly without having to adjust the temperature
- Manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty
- Safe to wash in dishwasher
- Bottom of the pan tends to warp after a few uses
- Cannot be used with an induction burner
This crepe pan is so light that it can make you look like a professional cook, flipping crepes with full control. Its non-stick coating ensures that flipping crepes is smooth and simple. The thick gauge aluminum body allows even distribution of heat and eliminates hotspots. The pan’s handle is designed to remain cool even on high flame.
- Can be used on gas, electric, halogen, and ceramic hot plates
- Non-stick surface is easy to clean
- Handle comes with a suspension hole for hanging when not in use
- Incompatible with induction or oven
- May seem too small for some buyers
Delicious crepe, fluffy omelets, or even stuffy sandwiches, you can make them all with this multipurpose pan. Its sloped sides make it easy to flip and serve crepes, while the high-quality non-stick coating ensures that food doesn’t stick, making possibly the best non-stick crepe pan for you.
- Comes with a sturdy handle
- Lightweight body makes it easy to flip crepes
- Compact body is easy to store
- Smooth non-stick surface is simple to clean
- Not dishwasher-friendly
- Non-stick coating only works with wooden spoons or spatulas
Do you often worry about the non-stick feature of your pan wearing out? This pan could be the best choice for you as the brand claims that this non-stick crepe pan can last for as long as ten years. It also makes a nice option for cooking without slathering too much oil or butter on the surface. Its three-layer coating design makes it durable and safe to use with metal cooking tools.
- Aluminum body enables even heat distribution
- Safe to use on induction, gas, electric stovetop and in an oven too
- Ergonomic heat-resistant handle is soft to touch and comfortable to hold and use
- Scratch-free body is easy to clean in a dishwasher
- Handle may get wobbly when used too frequently
- Cooking surface may seem rougher than that of other pans
Equipped with Ecolon ceramic non-stick coating, this pan offers enhanced durability and premium non-stick performance. Its aluminum body is lightweight, so you can flip and toss crepes easily without much effort. It is designed to distribute heat evenly, so you get some great crepes. The scratch-resistant body is easy to clean and maintain.
- Ceramic coating is made of all-natural materials
- Coating is free of PTFE/PFOA
- Patented coating helps achieve the perfect golden brown finish
- Lower walls on the sides enable easy movement of spatula
- Requires hand washing only
- May lack durability
Made of forged aluminum with triple QuanTanium non-stick titanium coating, this pan can make you some amazing crepes. Its scratch-resistant body is supposedly more durable than Teflon, ceramic, and granite-coated pans. It heats up quickly and evenly, and the non-stick surface allows you to make healthy food without additional oil and butter.
- Handles are soft and cool to touch
- Rivet-free surface is easy to clean and maintain
- Free of PFOA, lead, and cadmium
- Plastic cover attached to the handle is not heat-resistant
- Can sometimes give off a chemical smell when used
Unable to find the best crepe pan for induction? Have a look at this one. This pan has a hard coating embedded with diamond crystals that make it completely non-stick. It comes with a brass insert that makes the cast handle safe to use. You do not have to worry about spilling food as its reinforced edges prevent accidental spillage.
- Heats evenly
- Compatible with metal spoons and spatulas
- Safe for use in the oven
- Washable in dishwasher
- Free of PFOA
- May not work well with induction cooktop
- Handle may not be very durable
Straight from France, this crepe pan is made of thick black steel and comes with a long steel handle. The steel handle is known to take on high temperatures, allowing better searing. This pan can be used on all cooktops and induction. It is also compatible with metal spatulas. The more you use it, the sooner the steel becomes dark, thus providing you a natural non-stick surface.
- Durable carbon steel body
- Heats fast and evenly
- Made of good-quality materials
- Does not warp easily
- Cannot be washed with soap or in dishwasher
- Can rust easily if not maintained with care
This induction crepe pan comes with a magnetized base that makes it compatible with an induction stove. Its thick aluminum base is durable, while the titanium-based coating ensures equal distribution of heat. The non-stick interior gives you a smooth and safe cooking experience, and the handle comes with a grip that makes the pan easy to hold.
- Suitable for all kinds of cooking stoves
- Thick body does not warp
- Made of PFOA-free material
- Handle may lack durability
Made of carbon steel, this crepe pan can heat quickly and evenly. Its insulated silicon anti-skid handle is safe and easy to use when cooking. The handle also comes with a suspension hole for easy storage. It does not contain harmful substances that can leak when used at high temperatures. As an added bonus, the brand also offers a bamboo spreader.
- Interior made of food-grade silicone coating
- Resistant to warping
- Free of PTFE and PFOA
- Compatible with gas, electric, ceramic halogen, and induction
- Safe to put in a dishwasher
- Initial few uses can give off a chemical smell
This crepe pan comes with a magnetized base that makes it compatible with most cooking stoves. Its heavy-gauge, non-stick aluminum interior helps you remove fresh crepes smoothly. Its rust-free body is durable and light and heats up quickly and evenly. It comes with a colorful handle that is easy to hold and use, and its smooth surface is easy to wash clean with soap and water.
- Suspension hole allows easy storage
- Free of PFOA and PTFE
- Compatible with induction, gas, glass, and electric stove
- Colorful handle makes the pan standout
- Outer coating may not be as durable as expected
Made with enameled cast iron, this crepe pan retains heat well, making it easy to use for both slow cooking and on high temperatures. The handle is designed ergonomically to ensure safe usage. Its large and round cooking surface is designed to make the perfect crepes. Additionally, the brand also offers a wooden rateau and spatula.
- Available with colorful handles
- Easy to wipe and clean
- Suitable for use on any cooking stove as well as oven and grill
- Cast iron body may seem heavy for some users
This pan is a great addition to your existing crepe pan set thanks to non-stick bronze exterior and triple-layer non-stick interior. Its triple-riveted build offers exceptional durability, and its Anolon SureGrip handle is dual riveted to let you hold it comfortably. The handle is also color-coordinated with the pan’s exterior color to give a perfect look.
- Handle comes with good grip and insulation
- Flat bottom ensures even heat distribution
- Metal utensil safe
- Free of PFOA
- Handle may feel heavier than the pan
Tips To Select The Right Crepe Pan
A crepe pan may look like a regular fry pan, but it has its specific features that make it ideal for making crepes. The following are some of the features you need to look for when buying a crepe pan.
- Non-stick surface: The perfect crepe pan has a non-stick interior, to prevent the batter from sticking to the pan. A non-stick surface also makes it easy to flip a crepe and cook both sides evenly to prepare a thin crepe.
- Exterior material: Crepe pans are usually made of steel, cast iron, or aluminum. Steel pans are lightweight and do not warp easily. Aluminum pans are lighter than steel pans but tend to warp. However, they are easily available at a very low cost. Cast iron is one of the most durable materials but is expensive as compared to the other alternatives. Pick one based on your usage and budget.
- Weight and size: Look for a pan that is lightweight so you can flip the crepes easily. These pans are available in various sizes, so pick one based on how big and thin you would like your crepe to be.
- Even heat distribution: The perfect crepe needs to be brown, at least on the edges for which the pan should be able to distribute heat equally. Look for pans that are designed for even heat distribution.
- Pan handle: Crepe pans come with all kinds of handles. An ideal crepe pan handle must come with heat resistant coating or cover. It should also be ergonomically designed for easy hold and grip. If you like some color in your kitchen, you can look for pans with colored handles.
A good crepe pan is one that is light and easy to handle. Its smooth and non-stick surface must make food release effortless, while its sturdy exterior should withstand high temperatures. Crepe pans are easily available online and come in a wide variety to select from. Pick the one that best works for you, so that cooking delicious crepes becomes effortless.