When travelling to Europe, you would want to avoid carrying travel cases and shoulder bags around, as it could be a real struggle. Instead, choose one of the best cross body bags for travel in Europe listed in this post.
Cross body bags for travel are compact and lightweight and help you travel light. They also come with multiple safety features to keep your belongings safe, an adjustable strap for comfort, and several compartments to store your precious cards and other accessories.
5 Best Crossbody Bags For Travel In Europe
Traveling in Europe can get safer with the Peak Gear crossbody bag. Made of durable nylon material, which is water-resistant. The bag has a hidden RFID blocking pocket with a lost and found ID tag. It is functional, fashionable, and lightweight. The small size is convenient for essentials, and the black sturdy strap remains snug on the back. Go ahead and check out this YouTuber’s video for more details about the product.
- Features YKK zippers and durable metal rings
- Adjustable strap for a custom fit
- Magnet closure pockets
- Stands upright with ease
- May be a bit flimsy
- Pockets may be shallow
Travelon classic essential messenger bag is designed with a five-point security system that includes lockdown straps, locking zippered compartments, a slash-proof body, cut-proof straps, and RFID blocking pockets to identify electronic thefts. The logo plaque in front adds a style quotient to it. It is dirt- and water-resistant and features a removable LED light. To get a better understanding of the product, you can check out this video on YouTube.
- Detachable and adjustable strap
- Internal mesh barrier
- Features D-ring buckle
- Hidden steel cable inside the strap
- Available in other colors
- May not have a wide opening
- Clasp may not be as durable as expected
The Brooklyn tablet purse from Ogio is made of durable poly fiber and features a hidden interior pocket at the back with a zipper. It has two large multi-functional pockets inside, a 21-inch crossbody strap with a 42-inch drop length, and the tablet sleeve measures 8.5×11.75 inches. The padded base protects the electronic gadgets. It incorporates an organizational panel and a visibility liner. Check out the review of this product for more information.
- Padded iPad or tablet pocket
- Button and zip closure front pocket
- Spacious compartments
- Doubles as a sling bag
- Strap may not be adjustable
- Fabric may be a bit crunchy
All Travelon bags are crafted from a five-point anti-theft security system, including RFID for electronic theft. This classic slim bag can be worn as a crossbody bag or converted into a backpack style. The straps are adjustable, removable, and re-attachable. It features a padded pocket for a tablet and a front zippered pocket in the main compartment. It also has a mesh bottle holder pocket and a key clip with an LED light.
- Lockable zippers to secure essentials
- Features D-ring buckle
- Slash-resistant body
- Cut-proof strap
- Dirt-resistant fabric
- May be a bit smaller than expected
- Internal compartment may have a narrow opening
A 100% durable and safe polyester bag from Herschel Cruz makes travel stress-free and easy. This crossbody bag is stylish with a webbing, durable, and an adjustable strap that you can fasten with the clip. It includes an inner storage compartment with the signature Herschel striped fabric liner. This bag can also be used as a clutch and has an internal key clip for added safety.
- Durable zippers
- Roomy pockets for easy storing
- Stowable strap
- Available in various colors
- May be smaller than expected
- Strap may not be comfortable to wear
How To Choose The Right Crossbody Bag For Travel In Europe?
Here are a few features that you should consider before you buy a crossbody bag.
- Weight: Pick a lightweight bag and does not add to your luggage while traveling. However, do not go for an extremely light bag since you may not know when someone tugs or tries to cut it open.
- Strap: A crossbody bag needs a relatively long, adjustable strap. It should fit snug around the torso and yet be comfortable.
- Material: While traveling, waterproof material is essential. Avoid fabric bags as they tend to get wet. Polyester is a durable material that will also keep your belongings safe from the weather.
- Features: Look for anti-theft features, such as folding and zippered bags, internal hidden pockets, key clips, RFID-enabled for electronic theft, and anti-slash materials.
- Compartments: While traveling, you need to carry important items, including passport, money, travel vouchers, phone, tablet, and valuables. Depending on how much you want to carry on yourself, pick a bag with a good number of pockets.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Having a deep interest in creating high-quality content, Wedesto Chirhah, an expert product writer, has done extensive research and analyzed multiple products and user reviews from several websites to develop a list of the best crossbody bags for a safe, comfortable traveling experience. He also included product details and a buying guide to help you pick the right crossbody bag based on your preferred strap, material, weight, features, and compartment requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the benefits of using crossbody bags for travel?
While traveling, you need your hands to be free and not preoccupied with carrying bags or constantly adjusting the shoulder strap. This becomes even more important if your travel involves physical activities like trekking and climbing. A crossbody bag facilitates all these requirements effectively while distributing the weight evenly across the body.
2. Are crossbody bags good for travel?
Yes, being sleek, anti-slip, easy to carry, and equipped with many pockets and slots, crossbody bags are ideal for stowing almost all travel vitals like passports, tickets, documents, and phones in a hassle-free, systematic, and secure manner.
3. How do I wear a crossbody bag?
You put the strap over your head in such a way that, if the strap rests on your right shoulder, the bag part should rest near your left hip or vice versa. It’s like a sling bag that is worn across the torso.
4. When is a crossbody bag useful?
Crossbody bags can be useful in many scenarios such as:
- Carrying a baby
- Maintaining proper weight distribution
- Photography and video shooting
5. How low should I hang a crossbody bag?
Most crossbody bags reach the hips. Ideally, the length depends on your convenience as a lot of these bags come with an adjustable strap.
6. Can I wear a shoulder bag as a crossbody bag?
Most of the time, the length of the shoulder bag’s strap may not be long enough or adjustable to fit across the body. That’s when a crossbody bag comes to the rescue as they are ergonomically designed for this purpose.
If you plan to travel to Europe, investing in a good-quality crossbody bag is a wise decision. These bags are easier and more convenient to carry than shoulder bags, especially when you plan to do a lot of walking. It will help if you look for a bag with a long, adjustable strap and one that is lightweight as it won’t add to the weight of your luggage and will feel lighter even when stuffed with your belongings. Further, pick a bag made of waterproof material and one that comes with anti-theft features.
- Best Juicer For Leafy Greens
- Best Vegan Protein Powder For Women
- Best Paella Pans
- Best Granite Cleaner