Crossbow scopes are widely used accessories that can increase your chances of hitting your target precisely by offering pinpoint accuracy. Here’s our list of the best crossbow scopes to help you understand your needs. With a wide range and visuals, these scopes are made with in-depth expertise to help in the quick sighting of targets, especially those far away, and when you face poor lighting when using a crossbow. Several options are available with different features, and picking the right one can increase your chances of hitting the target accurately. So, check out this list of some best-selling and field-tested options to choose one that would best suit you.
Types Of Scopes
Here are the types of crossbow scopes you can explore.
- Red-dot: Red dot crossbow scope features a single illuminated red dot that you can use by putting it where you want the crossbow’s bolt to hit. These scopes have a minimum chance of parallax error and have a simple presence when you use them. They have been tested to work well if you are looking forward to shooting close targets.
- Magnified: A magnified scope helps you see your target better, especially when the spot you intend to fire is relatively small. These scopes have an extended range and work wonders when you want to shoot a target located far from you, like more than 60 yards.
- Multi-reticle: Alternatively known as drop-compensating reticle scopes, the tried-and-trusted multi-reticle scopes are useful for those looking forward to shooting targets spread across various distances. They are adjustable based on the speed of the bolts and do not require any elevation adjustments to the scope.
11 Best Crossbow Scopes
1. Best High Magnification:UTG 4 x 32 1 Crossbow Scope
The UTG 4 x 32 crossbow scope weighs almost two pounds and offers four times the magnification, making it a popular and trusted choice of many. It is suitable for crossbow hunting and offers enough space for your eye and the scope. This scope for crossbow is multi-coated and is made of high-quality aluminum. It offers five crossbow scope lines for 300 frames per second for aiming between distances that spread across ten to 50 yards. Depending on the light conditions, the adjustable crossbow scope also offers a red and green dual illumination control that can be controlled to suit different light conditions. You can also adjust the elevation by using the resettable target turrets for windage and get accurate shots.
- Suitable for beginners
- Generous field view available
- Strong recoil resistance
- Offers a bright image
- Zero lockable target turret
- May not be able to hold zero while aiming
2. Best Long-Range Targeting:MA3TY 1.5-5 x 32 Ballistic Reticle Crossbow Scope
This hunting-style scope allows light transmission of 93%, increasing your chances of aiming at your target very quickly and precisely. It allows a magnification as high as five times and can point out targets within a 100-yard range, thus giving you a competitive edge. It has a low turret height but comes with zero parallaxes and a ballistic reticle for you to aim seamlessly. To reduce any fogging and ensure that you aim precisely, this scope contains nitrogen enclosed in multiple layers of coating. Above all, the crossbow optics comes with accessories like a cleaning cloth, flip-open lens caps, a cleaning cloth, a wrench, and a manual.
- Warranty available
- Water-resistant up to 20 inches
- High light transmission
- Elevation adjustment may not be enough
3. Best Lightweight:Truglo 4 x 32 Crossbow Compact Scope
Take the best shot effortlessly with the time-tested Truglo optic compact crossbow scope. It is made with aircraft-grade aluminum, weighs almost ten ounces, and is equipped with Weaver-style setup rings and a generous amount of eye relief of four inches for maximum brightness, quality, and contrast. Its lenses are fully coated and come with dual illumination, and a rangefinder trajectory compensates reticle for distance and bolt drops. It is not only scratch-proof and has a matte finish but is also available in black and Realtree shades, making it an apt crossbow scope with rangefinder for archery.
- Eye relief available
- Illumination available
- May not suit uneven terrains
4. Best Shockproof:Hawke Sport Optics 1221 XB1 SR Crossbow Scope
Whether you are a beginner or an expert in using a crossbow, here is a crossbow sighting system that offers bolt speeds ranging between 250 to 425 frames per second with outstanding quality. It is versatile enough to suit a majority of crossbows and boasts a high torque zoom ring along with green and red illuminated crosshairs for using it during sunset. It is durably built and weighs almost one pound. This crossbow’s dynamic reticles offer a long range of 100 yards and have seamless maneuverability that helps when you are moving with a crossbow. Also, it is a shockproof crossbow scope that features a sealed turret cap for rough conditions.
- Multicoated for better clarity
- Can withstand recoil
- Mounting rings may not be available
5. Best Precision:Hammers Compact Red/Blue Illuminated Multi-Line Reticle Crossbow
The key to hitting your target with precision using a crossbow is to ensure there is no scope for guessing the chances of accuracy. Thanks to the four reference points for varying yardages, this scope for hunting trips and outdoor adventures helps you increase your aim precisely. The scope has a non-reflective matte finish and is manufactured using aircraft-quality aluminum alloy. It also offers great eye relief of approximately three inches and has eight weaver rings to give you your desired shot more precisely. With a parallax-free aim of up to 50 yards, you can also focus quickly using this crossbow scope.
- Quick focus
- Adjustable illumination intensity
- Weaver rings available
- Yardage may not be adjustable
6. Best Fog-Resistant:CenterPoint Optics LC432ERG2 Multi-Line Reticle Crossbow
When it comes to picking an ideal scope for your crossbow for hunting, the tried-and-tested CenterPoint Optics Multi-Line Reticle Crossbow has got you covered. The one-piece tube construction gives it a lightweight build of almost one pound and a durable glass reticle. This scope can help you aim targets up to 50 yards and has a bolt speed of up to 400 frames per second. It is water-resistant, fog-resistant, and has a four-times zooming ability to help you zero down on your target very quickly. To help you aim during poor lighting, the reticle is available in red, blue, and green.
- Works during low-light
- Adjustable brightness
- Easy to aim
- May have glare issues
7. Best Weaver Mount:TWP 4×32 Compact Hunting Crossbow Archery Scope
When you want a scope that fits perfectly on a bow with a Weaver or a Picatinny-style rail, the TWP compact hunting and archery scope can be your safest bet. To make it convenient to use, the scope is approximately six inches long, has a mid-high weaver ring mount, and has a multi-range reticle. It is built with a weaver mount and has a red and green illumination to help you aim efficiently when there is poor lighting.
- Heavy crosshairs
- Suitable for archery
- Easy to mount
- Focus adjustment may not be effective enough
8. Best Non-Reflective:MA3TY 4 x32 Crossbow Scope
Made using durable and shockproof aluminum, this scope from the trusted brand MA3TY has an impact resistance of 600G, light transmission of 93%, and a non-reflective finish. Its core aspects consist of a four-time zooming ability to take precise shots and create a clearer and brighter image, a parallax-free build, and an illuminated vision of red and green colors that you can use in all light conditions. You also get a large ocular lens for maximum contrast and clarity. It includes crossbow scope accessories such as wrenches, a cleaning cloth, and an instruction manual for easy usage. If you are planning to gift something to a crossbow enthusiast, this scope has got you covered as it comes with a gift box too.
- Easy-to-align reticles
- Customizable accuracy
- May not be suitable for grouping targets less than 40 yards
9. Best Coated Optics:Eagle Eye Horton Compact 4 x 32 Rifle Scope
Designed with an eye relief of 85 mm and an objective BKA4 lens that offers four times the optical zoom, this Hortons’s scope makes it easier to aim and shoot your targets. It has a parallax setting of 100 yards and allows 90% light transmission with a black matte finish. Known for its perfect shots, it is built for a handgun, crossbow, and rifle and features fully coated optics, along with dots that highlight different distances the target is located. To help you with the adjustments, the high-quality crossbow scope also has an integrated zero-reset turret. To use the scope, lift the adjustment knob, rotate it, and engage.
- ISO 9001-certified
- Wider field view
- Fog-proof crossbow scope
- Compact design
- Windage may not be adjustable
10. Best Multiple Modes:Sniper Compact Rifle Scope MT4X32
As the name suggests, the sniper compact riflescope is versatile enough to use in a rifle and a crossbow for hunting. The long-range crossbow scope comes with an emerald coat for better brightness and clarity and helps you achieve sport-specific proficiency. The hardened and anodized build using premium aluminum alloy makes it durable. To install and maintain this scope, it comes with two Picatinny Rail Low Profile Scope Rings, lens caps, and a hex wrench. Apart from these features, you can also pick from the five-line, and rangefinder models, based on your needs and wants.
- High clarity
- More eye relief
- Standardized structure
- Mil dots may be too small
11. Best Multi Coated:Ravin R170 100-Yard Illuminated Crossbow Scope
Available in black and made using aluminum, the Ravin crossbow scope for hunting comes with an arrow drop compensation ranging between 300 to 425 frames per second. The shockproof and waterproof crossbow scope’s nine aiming dots offer a field view of up to 100 yards, thus giving you a competitive edge. The scope can help you zoom up to five times and get a crystal-clear view while aiming. To help you shoot in low light conditions, this multi-coated crossbow scope is equipped with red and green illumination and is rheostat controlled too.
- Variable speed
- Multi-coated lenses and etched glass reticles
- Distance lines may be too small
How To Choose The Right Crossbow Scopes?
Before you pick a crossbow scope for your outdoor adventures, here are some essential points you should remember.
- Range: Range refers to the longest distance the scope will help you aim. Before deciding on one, it is important to determine your requirements based on how far you are comfortable hunting your targets, as some can aim up to 100 yards. We recommend picking one based on the power of your bow. So, if you are an experienced shooter using a powerful crossbow, you can pick a scope that offers a long range.
- Illumination: High-end scopes offer varying illumination levels so that you can adjust them based on the lighting. Picking one based on multiple illumination colors will help you use it in different terrains and climate conditions.
- Weight: While you are holding steady and taking aim, a heavy scope will add more weight to the crossbow. Picking one with a lightweight build will help you get to the shooting position quickly and affect the overall comfort of using a crossbow, including carrying it around or shooting it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what distance should I zero my crossbow?
You should zero the crossbow at a distance of 20 yards unless the manufacturer provides a different specification.
2. Are red dots good for crossbows?
Red dots help the shooter to shoot accurately when the distance is significant.
3. How far can a crossbow shoot?
A standard crossbow can shoot up to 120 yards, while a modern crossbow can shoot up to 500 yards.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sristi Suman is an experienced writer and reviewer who specializes in recommending sports and adventure-related products to her readers. In this article, she has reviewed the best crossbow scopes after going through multiple trusted websites and considering numerous user reviews. The scopes she has listed in this article can come in great use whenever you use a crossbow to help you aim better. Along with the reviews, Sristi has also included a buying guide to help you make an informed decision while choosing a suitable product.
Whether you are into hunting or archery, the importance of using the best crossbow scope is unparalleled, regardless of your expertise level in using a crossbow. The ones listed here in this article are durably built, come with multiple features, and are versatile enough to be used in different conditions to help you aim at your target efficiently. So, whether you are a beginner or an expert in using a crossbow, you should consider factors like ease of usage, range, illumination for using the scope in poor lighting, and more for your convenience and to make an informed decision.
Infographics: A Complete Guide On Mounting A Crossbow Scope
A crossbow scope can enhance your hunting or archery experience by providing greater visibility in the distance. But it is possible only when you mount the scope in the right direction by following the proper steps. Read the infographics below to know the correct method.
- Best Shooting Toy Guns For Kids To Play
- Best Water Guns For Kids To Drench In Fun
- Best BB Guns For Kids To Buy And A Buying Guide