Prevent cupcake disasters with our list of the best cupcake carriers and store them properly. A cupcake carrier is an essential tool if you are a cupcake enthusiast and it helps you safely deliver the treats to your loved ones at a get-together or a birthday party. These carriers have built-in cavities that keep your cupcake secure and prevent it from tipping over. They make removal an easy task.
These cupcake carriers are available in different variations to suit everyone’s needs. Opt for practical ones, or go for cute and elegant-looking ones. Here we have compiled a list of some popular cupcake carriers to keep your cake pops and cupcakes fresh and safe.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Cupcake Carriers
1. Best Convertible: Snapware Snap ‘N Stack Two-Layer Cupcake Carrier
If you need a cupcake carrier that can hold up to two-dozen cupcakes, this cupcake carrier from Snapware is a top choice. It is large enough to store different types of baked items, such as cupcakes, cookies, brownies, or rectangular cakes, in separate compartments.
- Convertible to single-layer carrier
- Removable and reversible trays
- Airtight locking system to lock the freshness
- Designed to accommodate more layers
- Made of BPA-free plastic
- Freezer- and microwave-safe
- May not be very sturdy
- May warp after a few uses
2. Best Collapsible : Progressive International Prepworks Collapsible Cupcake Carrier
Progressive International brings you this well-thought-out design that is ideal for small spaces. The collapsible cupcake carrier is all you need in your kitchen to transport up to two-dozen cupcakes, a cake, or both. In addition, this multipurpose carrier is ideal for transporting your delectable mini treats without making a mess.
- Removable cupcake trays
- Flat base with a slicing guide for serving cake
- Convertible to cupcake stand for display
- Easy to carry with handle
- Collapses for compact storage
- Deep holes with finger grooves
- Does not contain any BPA
- Dishwasher-safe cupcake carrier
- May not be highly stable
- Clasps may be difficult to snap
3. Best Disposable: Tcoivs Six Set Cupcake Boxes
This Tcoivs set is ideal if you need a disposable cupcake carrier that can hold up to a dozen cupcakes. The cupcake box is perfect for transporting cupcakes, muffins, brownies, cookies, and other delicacies.
- Made of food-grade kraft paperboard
- Has a see-through window panel
- Contains six sets of cupcake carriers
- Deep hole insert to keep the cupcakes in place
- Cupcake carrier is easy to assemble
- May not be highly durable
- May not be easy to put together
4. Best Water-And Moisture-Resistant: Houseables Five-Pack Plastic Reusable Cupcake Carriers
Houseables cupcake carriers are perfect for storing and transporting delectable cupcakes. Each pack can hold up to 24 standard-sized cupcakes. The set includes five containers with detachable lids and 120 standard cupcake liners, making it a good option for large parties.
- Made of sturdy PET plastic
- Transparent see-through containers
- High dome to keep the decorations and frosting safe
- Water- and moisture-resistant
- Button closure for keeping baked goods fresh
- Carriers are reusable and disposable
- Sturdy and durable finish
- May be slightly shallower than expected
- Slots may be smaller than expected
5. Best Easy-To-Store: Moretoes Eight Pack Cupcake Boxes
Are you looking for a unique way to package and present your delectable homemade cupcakes? Moretoes’ cupcake boxes are ideal for carrying, transporting, and gifting your cupcakes. This set includes 100 cupcake liners and a ribbon, allowing you to complete your baking and packing in one step. Further, the box with pink ribbon is ideal for showcasing your delectably decorated cupcakes.
- Made of high-quality, sturdy cardboard
- Clear PVC see-through window
- Easy-to-store and foldable boxes
- Includes a cupcake insert
- Made to fit up to 12 cupcakes
- Cupcake paper may be thin
- Bottom may not be thick enough
6. Best Transparent : Foodiejoy 60-Pack Individual Cupcake Containers
These individual cupcake containers are perfect for occasions when you require a single cupcake container to share your cupcakes with your friends and family. The set includes 60 stackable pieces for display and storage.
- Transparent design for seeing the contents
- High dome design accommodates frostings
- Made to be safe for freezers
- Airtight lid keeps contents fresh
- Made of BPA-free plastic
- Durable and sturdy PET plastic
- Washable and reusable
- Some lids may not seal completely
7. Best Stackable: Accevo 30-Pack Four-Cavity Cupcake Containers
Accevo disposable cupcake containers are excellent for storing and carrying homemade cupcakes or for commercial use. The four-cavity design works well for packing and gifting cupcakes on special occasions and parties. The pack includes 30 stackable and easy-to-store containers.
- Made of clear and BPA-free plastic
- Sturdy design for long-lasting use
- Deep dome design for high frosting
- Washable and reusable
- May be a bit small
- May not seal as expected
8. Best BPA-Free: Tapbull MineDecor Three-Tier Cupcake Carrier
If you bake frequently and are looking for a standard cupcake carrier, this is a good option. Tapbull’s cupcake carrier has three tiers and can hold up to 24 cupcakes. This cupcake carrier is a good choice for keeping your cupcakes fresh and safe while storing and transporting them.
- Multipurpose cupcake carrier
- BPA-free plastic
- Durable reinforced PP plastic
- Snap locks and handle folds flat
- Movable tray at the bottom to hold ice packs
- Spacious for cakes and cupcake decorations
- May be deeper than expected
- May not be easy to lock
9. Best With Locking handles: Good Cooking Cupcake Carrier
The Good Cooking cupcake carrier is a collapsible carrier that takes up less kitchen space. The two-tier design is ideal for transporting two different types of cupcakes or muffins. It can transport up to 24 cupcakes and keep them safe and fresh during transport.
- Made of rigid plastic and secure handles
- Extra-deep trays to avoid tipping over
- Extra height to accommodate high frosting
- Locking handles for safe transport
- Transparent window for display
- Finger slots to remove easily
- May not fit bake-in cups
- Lid may not be scratch-proof
10. Best Snap ‘N Stack : Charmed Two-Layer Cupcake And Cookie Carrier
You can carry anything from cupcakes to cakes in this carrier without making a mess. This two-layer cupcake carrier from Charmed can hold up to 24 cupcakes, a quarter sheet cake, cookies, brownies, and other delectables. It can also keep your cupcakes fresh and safe while traveling or storing them at home.
- Snap-and-stack design
- Removable and reversible trays
- Clear plastic for better display
- Easy to lock
- Includes handle for portability
- May be thinner than expected
- May not seal tightly
11. Best Dome-Shaped: Cuisinart Cupcake Carrier
The cupcake-shaped design and lovely pink color of this cupcake carrier make your delectable cupcakes look even cuter. The cupcake carrier by Cuisinart can hold 24 cupcakes and muffins. It keeps your cupcakes fresh while also assisting you in moving them around.
- Dome-shaped design to accommodate high frosting
- Clear lid for display
- Easy to lock and carry
- Three removable tiers
- Deep cups may make it difficult to remove cupcakes
How To Choose The Right Cupcake Carrier Box?
Before you buy a cupcake carrier, take a moment to consider the following factors to ensure you make the right choice.
1. Disposable or reusable: Depending on how frequently you use the cupcake carrier, you should consider purchasing a disposable carrier or a reusable carrier. For example, if you enjoy baking regularly, investing in a standard reusable cupcake carrier is worthwhile. This will last you for years and save you time and money every time you bake.
If you don’t often bake or like to give sweet cupcakes as gifts, disposable carriers are ideal.
2. Food-grade material: Whether you choose a disposable carrier or a reusable cupcake carrier, make sure it is made of safe food-grade material. This will ensure that your cupcakes are safe to eat without the chemicals seeping into your delectable mini cakes. Look for specifications such as BPA-free plastic, PET plastic, eco-friendly material, and food-grade plastic.
3. Capacity: Carrying capacity is determined by the number of cupcakes you want to store and transport. Cupcake carriers with a dozen to two dozen capacity are preferable, depending on the size of the group you serve. For example, if you want to distribute them at a birthday party, you can choose between a single-cake carrier and a four-piece carrier.
4. Layers or tiers: When serving different flavors or types of cupcakes, multiple layers will come in handy so that you don’t end up mixing those delectable toppings. You can even serve different desserts and baked foods such as muffins, brownies, cookies, and others in separate compartments.
5. Airtight container: Airtight containers or carriers with a tightly closed lid are preferable because they can keep the cupcakes fresh without allowing moisture to escape. Not every cupcake carrier is airtight. Some cupcake carriers come with a closed lid, and some have clasps that can close the lid tightly but are not entirely airtight.
6. Ease of maintenance: If you prefer to buy a reusable cupcake carrier, look for a dishwasher-safe and easy-to-maintain cupcake carrier.
7. Storage: If you have a small kitchen with limited storage space, you should think about the size of the cupcake carrier. If this is the case, you should consider a collapsible design or portable cupcake carrier that takes up little space.
8. Special features: Look for special features such as deep cupcake inserts or larger lips because these are ideal for transporting the cupcakes without tipping them over. Look for high-raised domes or lids so that the toppings and frostings don’t get crushed under the lid. Cupcake trays with finger grooves make it easier to select a cupcake from the tray.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John, an accomplished writer and reviewer of furniture and kitchen products, has done extensive research and analyzed several products to bring you this list of the best cupcake carriers. The products listed here are made of high-quality, food-grade materials free of BPA. She also gives you handy tips on choosing the right product to ensure it is practical and easy to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will cupcakes stay fresh in a carrier?
Yes, when properly stored, cupcake carriers can keep your cupcakes fresh. Cupcakes are loaded with frosting and toppings that may lose their freshness when exposed to air. You can store the cupcakes in a container with a tightly closed lid for three to four days. Depending on the frosting, such as cream cheese frosting and buttercreams, you should consider storing the carrier in the refrigerator to keep them fresher for an extended period.
While creating beautiful cupcakes needs time and effort, you also need an efficient cupcake carrier to store them properly and prevent damage. To choose the right carrier, you should understand the quantity, i.e., the number of cupcakes you are planning to store at once. Most of these carriers are made up of PET plastic, so choosing a BPA-free carrier should be a priority to ensure safety. These carriers must survive hot temperatures from a microwave and cold temperatures from a refrigerator. Also, consider carriers with special features like water resistance and dishwasher-friendly, making them long-lasting and practical.
View Profile ›