Cut-resistant gloves are personal protective equipment (PPE) designed to protect the hands from lacerations or cuts while working with sharp-edged tools, such as knives, metals, and blades. They are made using special composite materials along with metal mesh, fiberglass, and other synthetic yarns to reduce the risks of injuries.
Putting on cut-resistant gloves while working in the kitchen or handling sharp tools can keep the hands protected. The safety cutting gloves you choose must be compatible with the work you are dealing with.
In this post, we list some of the best cut-resistant gloves made of high performance materials that guarantee complete hand protection.
Types of Cut-resistant Gloves
Here are the different types of cut-resistant gloves designed for different jobs.
- Kevlar: The most commonly used gloves are made of Kevlar, a synthetic fiber that promises a high level of resistance against cuts as well as heat. These gloves provide lightweight and comfortable protection and are useful as cutting gloves in the kitchen and for handling automotive parts.
- Spectra: Known to offer decent protection against cuts, gloves made of spectra fiber work well even in wet environments. The strong and durable gloves are quite comfortable and flexible to use. They are used in food service applications and for protection against harsh chemicals.
- Stainless steel mesh: With a cut-resistance level of A5, they make one of the most reliable cut and puncture resistance gloves used in construction. They are commonly used in industries where sharp and hazardous tools are used.
- Dyneema: Crafted from gel-spun and multi-filament fiber, these sturdy and durable gloves work well in extreme temperatures and offer great protection in the kitchen.
Best Cut-Resistant Gloves
The Dex Fit injury-proof gloves protect the hands from punctures and cuts and keep you safe when doing hazardous jobs. The high-quality gloves, with nitrile coating on the fingertips and palm, are made of durable and anti-slip nylon material. They come in handy while working in the kitchen, plumbing, or gardening.
- Comfortable and stretchy 3D fit
- Level 5 cut protection
- Thin, flexible, and lightweight
- Secure grip in wet and dry environments
- Industry-friendly color
- Compatible with touch screen devices
- Unique air ventilation design
This is a set of two pairs of durable kitchen cut-resistant gloves with superior grip in different sizes. Designed for a variety of uses, these ambidextrous chef gloves for cutting feel like a comfortable layer on the hands. Breathable and lightweight, these gloves are for everyday protection in the kitchen, garden, etc.
- Made of 13 gauge knitted seamless HHPE/Nylon
- EN388 Level 5 protection
- Available in four different sizes
- Comes with a one-year warranty
These premium cutting gloves for the kitchen are crafted with 100% cut-resistant fiber. They are designed to provide protection from cuts as well as heat and are made of food-grade material. Be it gardening, glass handling, or slicing, these kitchen safety gloves offer the best protection to your hands.
- Made of HPPE fiber
- Level 5 cut protection
- Silicone coating on the palm and fingers for heat resistance
- Safe to wash in a machine
Keep your hands completely protected with these kitchen gloves that are cut- and heat-resistant. Designed to withstand temperatures of up to 662 degrees, these strong and durable Kevlar gloves add to your work efficiency. The heavy-duty gloves, with a flexible design, come with a 90-day money back guarantee.
- Made of thick cowhide leather
- Reinforced palm for protection against cuts
- Sweat-absorbent lining
- Multipurpose work gloves
- Extra-long gloves protect the forearms
- Hook design for easy hanging
The stylish knitted work gloves by NoCry are made of hi-tech materials. These ergonomically designed kitchen cutting gloves make handling of rough and sharp objects easy and safe. Their breathable, comfortable, and dexterous design promises good grip and secure handling.
- Made of stainless steel, glass fiber, spandex threads, polyethylene, etc.
- CE EN388 level 5 rating for protection against cuts
- Silicone dots on the palm and fingers for a secure grip
- Sweat-proof design
Keep your hands protected with the G&F high-quality kitchen cut gloves made of Kevlar. Designed for secure glass handling and cutting work, these knit work gloves make excellent personal protective equipment. Follow the size chart to find the perfect pair for enhanced comfort.
- Made of 100% DuPont Kevlar
- Cut- and puncture-resistant
- Latex coating on the palm, thumbs, and fingertip areas
- Strong and durable construction
- Available in three sizes
These lightweight, stretchy, and comfortable kitchen cut gloves promise protection against cuts while working in the kitchen or doing carpentry. The premium gloves are EN388 certified and can be used to get a better grip for the efficient handling of sharp objects.
- Made of nylon and spandex
- Designed with 100% food-safe material
- Offers level 5 cut resistance
- Comfortable and form-fitting
- Available in four sizes
The Schwer premium metal cutting gloves promise ultimate protection and secure your hands when cutting, fishing, gardening, and doing other hazardous jobs. Known for toughness and comfort, the highly durable metal construction makes them 16 times stronger than general gloves.
- Made of stainless steel wire and polyethylene fibers
- A9 cut resistance
- No-shed metal makes it safer for handling food
- Fits both the hands
- Excellent dry and wet grip
- Adjustable buckle for a secure fit
Pakel cut gloves for the kitchen offer a comfortable fit and superior protection when you work with sharp equipment. Designed for use in glass, construction, and automotive industries among others, these stark safe cut-resistant gloves are strong and ensure safety against cuts, punctures, tears, and abrasions.
- Made of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fiber
- Graded CE level 5
- Polyurethane-dipped palm and fingers for extra protection
- Available in four different sizes
- Lightweight and flexible
These are among the best cut-resistant gloves with a comfortable and durable design. The unique, green-engineered yarn shell construction of these multipurpose gloves helps you deal with sharp and risky objects with confidence.
- Micro-foam nitrile coated palm for better protection
- Reinforced thumb crotch
- Breathable construction
- 360-degree breathability
- Ultra-thin and flexible wear
Resistant to cuts, thorns, abrasions, and tears, this multipurpose safety gloves can be used for fencing, construction, cutting, building, wiring, etc. They are made of breathable and flexible fabric and promise a secure fit to keep your hands protected from dirt and dust.
- Made of hypo fiber with level 5 cut resistance
- CE certified and CA65 approved
- EN388 Certified
- Polyurethane dipping for better grip
- Available in three sizes
- Lightweight and dexterous
How To Choose The Right Cut-Resistant Gloves?
Finding the best cut-resistant gloves becomes easier when you remember the following points.
- Size: The right-sized gloves won’t slip or cause irritation when you wear them. They also ensure a better grip on things.
- Weight: Heavy gloves can contribute to hand fatigue. Therefore, always purchase gloves that are lightweight.
- Material: Kevlar, stainless steel mesh, spectra are some of the materials that impart strength, durability and cut resistance to gloves.
- Cut resistance levels: Ranging from zero to five, cut resistance is measured in different levels, with level one being the lowest and five being the highest.
- Grip: Many gloves have silicone dots or polyurethane dipping that add to the grip.
- FDA compliance: If you are looking for cut-resistant gloves for the kitchen, always select the ones that are food safe.
- Breathability: It can be quite uncomfortable to work with sweaty hands. Therefore, go for gloves that offer breathability.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How are gloves cut-resistant?
Cut resistance of the gloves is defined by the lubricity, strength, rolling action, and hardness of the material used. Resistance against cuts depends upon how effectively an edge rolls over the surface of the fabric without cutting through. When gloves are designed using different composite yarns, they become more resistant to cuts.
2. How should I clean cut-resistant gloves?
Cut-resistant gloves can be washed in a machine or in a dishwasher depending upon the material. The safest way to clean them is by wearing them, adding a few drops of dish soap, and rinsing with water. To know the right way of washing your pair of gloves, follow the instructions mentioned by the manufacturer.
You can injure yourself when handling knives and other sharp equipment. Cut-resistant gloves act as a protective layer for your hands, but do not interfere with your efficiency. Choose from the many options available in the market, based on the material, design, and resistance to suit your purpose. Pick a pair or two from our list and keep your hands safe.