Whether you want to achieve your fitness goals or dance to wonderful music in the comfort of your home, you would want the best dance pole for home use. A good dance pole should be easy to transport, install, and remove.
Robert Savin, a fitness coach, fat loss expert, and muscle hypertrophy specialist, says, “Pole dancing helps build, tone, and sculpt body muscles, improves cardiovascular endurance, increases heart rate, and burns calories. You can also do this aerobic activity to improve flexibility, balance, and overall mobility. Moreover, it can help boost self-esteem, making you feel more comfortable in your skin.”
You can pick a best-selling one based on the space available and your preference. Dance poles also make great gifts for friends and can be used to enhance creative expertise and up the fun quotient during house parties.
We have listed the best home dance poles for you to choose from. So, keep scrolling.
Types Of Dance Poles
Dance poles are primarily of two types.
- Static poles: These poles are fixed, cannot be rotated, and are ideal for beginners. They cost less compared to other poles. They can help build strength and flexibility.
- Spinning poles: These poles can be rotated and are ideal for professional dancers with in-depth expertise or those who perform advanced pole exercises. You can also set these poles in static mode.
11 Best Dance Poles For Home Use In 2023, With Buyer’s Guide
If you are looking for a professional dance pole for home, the Yaheetech dance pole is an ideal choice. You can use the dance pole as a photography prop. The pole has rotating and static functions, and is easy to disassemble. The spinning dance pole is made of durable and high-quality steel with chromium plating. Its weight capacity is 440.92 pounds. Watch this video showcasing a tester’s experience to get more information about the dance pole.
- Designed for fitness and helps build muscles
- Adjustable height to accommodate more space
- Easy to install and comes with manual
- May scratch the ceiling
- May not suit beginners
Vivohome’s portable dance pole is an excellent fitness tool for beginners as well as people with in-depth expertise. The dance pole’s building materials include durable chrome steel and an easy-to-grip yet smooth surface. It comes with two extension poles that can extend the height in the range of 88-108 inches. The pole is ideal for dancers and athletes. Go through this video review for a detailed understanding of the product.
- Dual modes- static and spin modes
- Built to take weights up to 440lb
- Suitable for homes, gyms and yoga rooms
- Some may find the pole a bit slippery
- Spin may be a bit stiff
Go2buy dance pole is a 45mm solid steel pipe suitable for dancing and exercises for beginners or professionals. The fitness pole has spinning and static modes adjustable by a screw. It comes with extension poles and a height adjuster for higher spaces and has a weight capacity of 440.92 pounds. It is suitable for a ceiling height of 7.3-nine feet. The included manual offers easy dance pole installation. Check out this video for a detailed review of the adjustable dance pole.
- Portable and easy to store
- Rust-proof with silver finish
- Chromium plating and silver color
- Silicone ring protects ground and ceiling
- May require supervision while using
- May not spin efficiently
Best With Chromium Plating
|Yaheetech Professional Dance Pole||Vivohome Dance Pole for Home||Go2buy Dance Pole|
|Weight||24.98 Pounds||25 Pounds||25.68 Pounds|
|Dimensions LxWxH||15.5 x 15.5 x 108.5 inches||9 x 9 x 108 inches||15.5 x 15.5 x 108.5 inches|
|Grip Material||-||chrome steel||-|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
SereneLife is suitable for fitness and training purposes. It has exquisite craftsmanship and seamless screw-together tubes, which will not cause scratches and cuts. It is designed with silicone rings on the base plate and the bottom of the dome for extra protection. The pole is great for strengthening muscles and improving flexibility. The pole is removable and portable and has a weight capacity of 617 pounds. You can adjust the height from 82 to 108 inches, and it is ideal for gym and home.
- Corrosion- and rust-resistant finish
- Easy to assemble without ceiling device
- Suitable for beginners to professionals
- Made from heavy-duty steel
- Pole may be shorter than expected
- Spinning may not be smooth enough
Zeny dance pole is a removable pole, which is easy to carry and install anywhere. It comes with extension poles for a better fit. The silver-colored pole is sturdy and durable, with a smooth surface and seamless joints, which will not harm the user. Its weight limit is 440 pounds, and the thickness of the pole is 45mm, making it strong and stable. The dance pole set can be extended from 7.3-9 feet, with necessary extensions.
- Protective silicone pad
- No punching required
- Thickened design for easy usage
- Rotates 360 degrees
- Holes may not line up evenly
- May not suit carpet surfaces
The Lupit Pole rod is a time-tested 42mm stainless steel portable dance pole. It consists of multiple parts with spin and static modes and suitable for sports, fitness, and dance. The smooth polish protects you from allergies, scratches, and cuts. The pole can be extendable from 6.9 to 9.2 feet, with additional extensions up to 10.5 feet.
- Easy to transport
- Comes with upgraded bearing systems
- Some may find it difficult to assemble
- May be a bit slippery
Prior Fitness dance pole is a spinning-cum-static pole that is portable and removable. The 45mm diameter durable pole with a load capacity of 440.92lb is suitable for homes and gyms. It features a titanium-gold color and is adjustable by a simple screw. The height is adjustable from 7.7-9 feet. The surface is anti-rust and anti-corrosive, while the pole itself is easy to remove and store. The pole is suitable for exercising and dancing.
- Can be locked to use in static mode
- Easy to install
- Easy to take down
- Available in many colors
- May tighten itself when spinning
- Joints may bend over time
Halona’s 9.4-foot professional dance pole has extension poles that can be easily adjusted. The portable pole, made of 45mm steel with chrome plating, is fitted with silicone rings around the upper dome and base to protect the ceiling and floor from scratches. The spinning and static modes are adjustable with a screw knob. The surface is smooth, does not cause harm, and is easy to clean. The beginners’ kit comes with a free wristband and is suitable for gyms and homes.
- Adjustable height
- Stable structure
- High-quality steel
- High load capacity of 440lbs
HBokit dance pole is suitable for beginners and professionals. It is a removable pole and easy to carry. The widely tested and trusted silver-colored pole is made of high-quality steel with chromium plating, and the surface is corrosion-resistant. It is easy to install and disassemble. You can adjust the height from 7.54-8.8 feet. The static and rotating modes can help you choose your dance style by rotating the screw.
- Easy to clean by just wiping
- Made to be anti-rust
- Available in three colors
- Easy to store
- May be noisy if spun
- May require tools to loosen
The portable stripper pole by Tangkula comes with static and spinning modes, enabling it to be used by both exercisers and professional stunt artists. Its rust-resistant iron and chromium coating provides a better gripping surface. You can also adjust the pole’s height and install it on different textured ceilings. This stripper pole can bear 440lb, making it suitable to make your body fit as it targets the core muscles.
- Has a non-slip base
- Easy to clean
- Easy installation
- Comes with an instructional manual
- Screws may get loose with use
- Coating may chip
ZSport portable and removable dance pole is suitable for gym exercises and dance sports. The spinning pole measures 45mm in diameter and 2.2mm in thickness, making it a perfect fitness tool. You can change the modes with a simple screw, and the load capacity is 440 pounds. The resilient design allows it to withstand all acrobatics. This pole is made of high-quality chrome steel material and has height flexibility of 90-110.63 inches. The shiny, smooth surface prevents scratching the user.
- Easy to install
- Stable and safe
- Pole might be heavier than expected
- May have a strong chemical smell
How To Choose The Right Home Dance Pole?
Below are some pointers you should keep in mind when buying a dance pole.
- Build and construction: Choose poles made of high-quality, durable material that does not rust or corrode. Besides, it should have a smooth outer coating to avoid scratches. The joints should be seamlessly connected to increase protection. Cheap dance poles may not be suitable for fitness or strenuous exercises.
- Permanent or portable: The portable pole gives you the flexibility to put it down or move it to other spaces anytime. It should be easy to install and remove. A permanent dance pole is ideal if you are sure where you want to install it.
- Size and capacity: There are three main rods with diameters of 40mm, 45mm, and 50mm. While 45mm is a standard size for studios and pole dancing competitions, a 40mm pole will make you feel comfortable if you need a pole with an easy grip. The pole’s height should be adjustable, usually from seven to nine feet, and should include height adjusters or extension rods to increase the height further. Also, check the weight capacity of the pole. A durable and robust pole should be able to withstand a weight of at least 440 pounds.
- Type of movement: Spinning and static are two main types of poles. The static poles are fixed and do not rotate. They are cheaper than spinning poles and are suitable for beginners. The spinning poles can be rotated or fixed in place, and they promote more advanced actions.
- Coating: Different coatings provide different finishes and different levels of grip. The chrome-plated surface is suitable for beginners because it has a smooth texture. Titanium plating can provide a firm grip, but the cost is higher. Plain stainless steel dance poles are cheaper but cannot provide adequate grip for advanced pole exercises.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah, our in-house writer and reviewer of fitness products, has compiled this list of the best dance poles for home use after going through various fitness forums and user reviews. These tried-and-tested dance poles are safe to use, easy to install, and durable, so you can explore this unique fitness activity in the comfort of your home. He has also offered pointers on how to choose the right dance pole for your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are home pole-dancing poles safe?
Yes, it is safe to install a pole-dancing pole at home. However, ensure the pole is properly installed to avoid damage to the ceiling and potential safety hazards.
2. What size pole is best for beginners?
A 40mm pole is easy to grip and hence, suitable for beginners, compared to a 45mm or 50mm pole.
3. How much space do I need for a home pole?
You should be able to swing your body and lean away from the pole without touching a wall or furniture. A minimum of 5.5-foot distance from a solid object or surface should be ideal. If you are tall or have long limbs, you may need a little more space.
4. How can pole dancing affect my body?
Pole dancing is a great way to build core strength. It can also provide a fun and challenging workout and improve your overall fitness level.
When you are skilled at something, you need the right tools and equipment to hone your talent and improve yourself. As a dancer, that means bringing home the best dancing pole that allows you to practice your routines without having to spend money on renting out a studio. The best-selling options listed here are ideal for large and small spaces. They’re adjustable, made from high-quality materials, and designed to hold a significant amount of weight. Ideal for dancers and athletes, the right dancing pole should be durable, portable, and conducive to your dance style.