Babies with sensitive skin are prone to diaper rashes, and not all diapers would suit them. Here, we have listed the best diapers for sensitive skin to ensure your little one has a good night’s sleep. These diapers are biodegradable, recyclable, and have wetness indicators to help you know when to change the diaper. Have a look at our list of diapers to make the right choice.
Our Top Picks
10 Best Diapers ForSensitive Skin
1. Best pH-Balanced: Cuties Hypoallergenic Skin Smart Baby Diapers
The 180-pack diapers have stretchable side panels for a snug fit and a flexible, ultra-absorbent core to lock in wetness. They are pH-balanced and have a breathable outer cover to keep your baby’s skin light and breezy. The diaper can eliminate irritating substances to prevent diaper rash. Check out the detailed review of the product in this video.
- Has a hypoallergenic inner liner
- Provides leakage protection
- Soft texture
- Cute prints
- Dermatologically tested
- Helps prevent wetness for up to 12 hours
- Multiple sizes available
- May get saggy
- May not have a wetness indicator
2. Best Sustainable: Seventh Generation Baby Diapers
Made from sustainably harvested, plant-based pulp, these 80-pack diapers have strong stretch tabs and a softer design. The diapers protect the baby from wetness by providing 12-hour protection. Its absorbent core is neither bleached nor processed with harmful chemicals to prevent toxic elements from entering the body. The diaper’s breathable layer will pull moisture away and release humidity to protect the baby’s skin. Watch this video of the product for more information.
- FSC-certified materials
- Soft leg cuffs
- Free of lotions,fragrances, and chlorine bleaching
- Available in two adorable prints
- Fasteners may not be as durable as expected
- May not be suitable as overnight diapers
3. Best Breathable: Bambo Nature Premium Baby Diapers
Bambo Nature’s thin and soft baby diapers are eco-friendly and help prevent rashes on the baby’s sensitive skin. They offer up to 12-hour absorbency capacity and wetness indicators to know when to change the diaper. With a unique three-layer design, your child will stay dry and clean overnight, and the material is dermatologically tested to ensure safety. Go through this video review for a detailed understanding of the product.
- Breathable back sheet
- Free of harsh chemicals
- Flexible waistband and latex-free leg cuffs
- Available in sizes one to six
- Flexible side panels
- May sit low on the waist
- May get saggy
4. Best Hypoallergenic: Select Kids Sposie Overnight Baby Booster Pads
Keep your child rash-free and comfortable throughout the night with these booster pads that absorb extra moisture. Their fluff-based construction makes them smooth on the skin, and they are suitable for sensitive skin types. They are hypoallergenic and made from cruelty-free materials. The diapers measure ten inches and are non-adhesive to help you change and reposition them faster.
- Helps absorb odor
- Neutralizes pH
- Dermatologist-and pediatrician-tested
- Free of latex, fragrances, chlorine, and phthalates
- May slightly leak
- May not be tear-resistant
5. Best Leak Protection: Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive Disposable Baby Diapers
Suitable for children weighing up to 10lb, these baby diapers are made from spandex and polypropylene. They are soft and provide protection for upto 12 hours. The wetness indicators will tell you when to change it. The 80-pack diapers have an absorbent layer that pulls away wetness from the baby’s sensitive skin.
- Has wide, stretchy sides
- May have a mild fragrance
- May leave lint-like fibers
6. Best Biodegradable: Naty Babycare Eco-Friendly Diapers
Eco by Naty disposable diapers are designed to minimize the risk of diaper rash and allergy. They are made from super soft naturally breathable materials that are light on your baby’s sensitive skin, keeping it dry and safe. The diaper is certified by AB Vincotte. This pack of diapers is GM-free and is baby-safe.
- Safe and comfortable
- Made from biodegradable materials
- Free of fragrance, chlorine, and plastic
- Side tabs may be flimsy
- May tear easily
7. Best Wetness Indicator: Made Of The Better Baby Diapers
Fragrance- and dye-free, these diapers are hypoallergenic and ensure ten hours of leak-free time. They are latex-free, bleach-free, and have a high capacity. These diapers come with wetness indicators so that you know when to change them.
- Made for sensitive skin
- Chlorine-free and efficacy-tested
- Free of soy, phthalates, parabens, and petrochemicals
- May be slightly stiff
- May have a bit chemical smell
8. Best Dermatologist-Tested: Happy Little Camper Natural Diapers
With organic aloe vera and vitamin E, the diapers are blowout- and leak-proof and have strong elastic tabs to provide safety to your child against wetness. The back and top sheets are soft and can reduce the risk of rashes. Manufactured from non-toxic materials, these diapers do not have toxic adhesives that might affect your baby’s system. All the materials used in this diaper are FSC-certified and baby-friendly.
- Made of natural ingredients
- Lightweight and ultra-thin
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free
- Non-GMO cotton
- Free of latex, sulfates, parabens, chlorine, and silicones
- May not hold much volume
- May be small in size
9. Best Flexible: Natural Blossom Baby Diapers
Natural Blossom diapers are hypoallergenic, ultra-soft, and are disposable. They have Velcro side tapes and leak guards to prevent wetness for a long time. The diapers are thin and strong.
- Has a mesh sheet on top with an SAP layer
- Flexible leg waist cuffs
- Includes wetness indicator
- Free of harmful chemicals
- May have fit issues
- May not be suitable for overnight use
10. Best Eco-Friendly: Eco Boom Bamboo Baby Diapers
The diapers have a back sheet and top sheet made from non-woven bamboo fabric. This material is FSC-certified and reduces plastic wastage by upto 30%. They use high-absorption material of superior quality to lock the moisture, keeping the baby’s skin dry. The product does not contain latex, antioxidants, and PVC.
- Includes wetness indicator
- Free of chlorine, fragrances, parabens, and bleach
- May run small
- May be a bit saggy for some
How To Choose The Right Diapers For Sensitive Skin?
Consider the following factors before buying diapers for sensitive skin.
- Absorbent power: Make sure the diaper you choose is absorbent and can stay dry for up to 12 hours.
- Size: Consider your baby’s age and weight before buying diapers. If you pick a big or small size, it might not fit your baby and make them grumpy.
- Stretch: Choose stretchable diapers to fit any position, and they should not fall off. They should neither be too tight nor too loose.
- Materials: Ensure the material is soft, breathable, and offers maximum comfort. A good-quality diaper can help prevent rashes on your baby’s skin.
Gabrielle Richens, a London-based skin therapist and clean beauty blogger, says, “The quality and material of baby diapers can differ dramatically from brand to brand. By choosing a diaper made of hypoallergenic and toxic-free material from a reputed brand, you can reduce the chances of diaper rashes and ensure your child gets a good night’s sleep every night.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna, our inhouse writer and researcher, covers topics on child care and parenting. She authors informative articles and recommends the best products that make the lives of new parents easier. In this article, she has listed the best diapers for babies with sensitive skin, so your little ones can get a good night’s slumber without any rashes or allergic reactions troubling them. She has also included a buying guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if my child has sensitive skin?
A baby’s skin tends to be fragile and sensitive. Most skin irritations are temporary, and your child will get used to them. However, if your child’s skin reacts to new baby products often, their skin type may be sensitive.
2. How should I take care of my baby’s bottom?
To take care of your baby’s bottom,
- Change the diaper timely to prevent any irritation.
- Use a washcloth to clean the area.
- Use alcohol-and fragrance-free products.
- You may also use Vaseline as a barrier cream before you put on a new diaper.
- Allow the area to ventilate as much as possible.
3. Why should I switch to diapers for sensitive skin?
When a baby has sensitive skin, it becomes more crucial to keep their skin dry to avoid further skin complications. In such scenarios, using an absorbent diaper that is breathable and pH-balanced can be helpful for your baby’s sensitive skin.
4. Can babies be allergic to diapers?
Yes, babies can become allergic to diapers if the diapers:
- Are not breathable
- Are made of latex and phthalates
- Contain synthetic dyes and fragrances
- Have chlorine, parabens, and other harmful chemicals
5. Why does my baby get a diaper rash so easily?
The reasons for constant diaper rashes include (1):
- Leaving a soiled diaper on for too long
- Tying the diaper too tight, thus making it non-breathable
- The diaper is not cleansed properly (in the case of cloth diapers)
6. Do I need to wipe my baby before putting on a diaper?
Yes, it is important to gently wipe the baby’s private parts, thigh folds, and buttocks every time the diaper is changed. This is crucial to keep skin irritation and health complications at bay. Always wipe the baby’s private area from front to back and never the other way round to avoid infections. After wiping, pat dry your baby (2).
Diaper rashes can be a very troublesome phase for a baby as it makes them more irritable and prone to a bad mood. By choosing the right diaper that’s reusable and skin-friendly, you can provide optimum comfort to your baby. Ensure to choose the best diapers for sensitive skin with high absorption ability and keep the baby dry and clean throughout the day. Go for a diaper with breathable material that will fit your baby perfectly. The products listed above are of supreme quality and will help your baby stay comfortable for long hours.
- Why Is My Baby Always Getting Diaper Rashes:
- Diapering Your Baby:
View Profile ›
View Profile ›