When you have a toddler at home, soiled diapers and nappy changes are a constant. We have created a list of the best diapers for toddlers to keep your baby dry and clean. These diapers are safe for your child’s delicate skin, and they lock in the liquid to prevent leaks. With these diapers, your baby can sleep comfortably throughout the night without irritation. So, check out our list to choose some best-selling and mom-approved diapers.
10 Best Diapers For Toddlers
1. Best Breathable: Bambo Nature Dream Training Pants
Bambo Nature’s Dream training pants are equipped with a 100% breathable back lining and made of Totally Chlorine-Free (TCF) fluff pulp. These pants have a highly absorbent core to provide up to 12 hours of protection, making them easy-to-use and reliable diapers. Their three-layered design allows for multiple wettings, and they also come with a wetness indicator, keeping both the baby and parents satisfied.
Number of Items: 108| Color: White| Wetness indicator: Yes| Size: 6; 35lb+
- Customized fit due to the stretchable design
- Sleek and thin design
- Quick-drying top layer
- Eco-friendly diapers
- Available in different sizes
- Might run small
- May not effectively control odors.
2. Best Disposable: Luvs Ultra Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers
The Luvs disposable diapers are every mom’s choice as they are super soft against the delicate toddler skin. This 124-pack is recommended for children over 35lb. The ultra-leak guards and the night-lock technology offer up to 12 hours of protection. Refastenable tabs keep the diaper in place with a snug fit, while a wetness indicator turns blue when your toddler needs a diaper change, making them an easy-to-use diaper option. Check out a review of these toddler diapers on YouTube for insights from a tester.
Number of Items: 124| Color: White| Wetness indicator: Yes| Size: 6; 35lb+
3. Best Eco-Friendly: Pampers Swaddle’s Overnights Disposable Diapers
The 42-piece disposable diapers from Pampers, a trusted brand, offer overnight protection to your child and are known for their proven performance. Their lock-away channels can minimize leaks, while the breathe-free liners keep the skin ventilated, dry, and fresh, making them mommy-approved. These overnight diapers are designed with soft, flexible sides and a cushioned stretch for a snug fit, making them effectively baby-friendly. The diapers provide extra absorption and a wetness indicator to keep the skin dry. The hypoallergenic toddler diapers are free of parabens, latex, and chlorine. You can check out this YouTube video to learn more from a reviewer’s experience.
Number of Items: 42| Color: White| Wetness indicator: Yes| Size: 6; 33lb+
- Wrap-and-protect stretchable waistband offers a snug fit
- Leg barriers stay intact in case of leakages
- Flexible diaper design
- Approved by Skin Health Alliance Dermatologist
- Available in three styles and 12 sizes
- May feel tight around the thighs for some
- May have a faint fragrance
Bambo Nature Dream Training Pants
Luvs Ultra Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers
Pampers Swaddle’s Overnights Disposable Diapers
4. Best Leak Protection: Honest Overnight Baby Diapers
Honest’s box of 54 diapers comes in cute, sleepy sheep prints. The ultra-soft and hypoallergenic diapers offer extra absorption and are gentle on the skin. These overnight diapers are designed with stretchy side panels, an elastic waistband, fastening tabs, and leg cuffs for a snug fit and leak protection. A soft liner with multi-layer technology keeps moisture away with overnight leak protection. The eco-friendly diaper is made without harmful chemicals, making them a trusted choice.
Number of Items: 24| Color: Sleepy sheep| Wetness indicator: Yes| Size: 4; 37lb
- Made from plant based materials
- Stretchable diaper design
- Offers 12 hours of protection
- Does not have a fragrance
- Snug fit for extra protection
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin
- Velcro may not stay put
5. Best Waterproof: Alvababy Cloth Diapers
These cloth-made diapers are sustainable diaper alternatives, as they are washable and reusable. Their outer layer made of polyester and waterproof TPU is breathable. The inner layer made of suede moves the moisture away to the three-layer microfiber inserts. These pocket diapers are soft and comfortable against the child’s skin. They are eco-friendly and have snap buttons for a customized fit, making it a mom-approved product.
Number of Items: 18| Color: Pure color| Wetness indicator: No| Size: 33lb
- Overlap snaps made for newborn babies
- Has a pocket opening for easy removal
- Suitable for tumble dry and machine wash
- Available in more than 15 colors
- Seams may pop out of the diaper
- May not suit heavy wetters
6. Best For Overnight Protection: Select Kids Sposie Absorbent Booster Pads
If you’re looking for an all-in-one best toddler diaper for your precious little one from an award-winning brand, Select Kids Sposie’s Absorbent Booster Pads is exactly what you need. For overnight protection, you can use the adhesive booster pads with pull-on and regular diapers. Suitable for heavy wetters, the adhesive strips stick to the diaper’s inner side and provide extra protection, ensuring worry-free and happy parents. As per the absorbency tests performed, it is 20% more absorbent than regular diapers, thus minimizing leaks. It is silky soft against a toddler’s skin.
Number of Items: 28| Color: White| Wetness indicator: No| Size: 4 to 6
- Pediatrician-tested and dermatologist-tested
- Does not contain any chemicals
- Made with soft materials
- Fragrance-free diapers
- Absorbs odor and neutralizes pH
- May leave behind lint
- May be slightly thicker than expected
7. Best Plant-Based Material: Seventh Generation Baby Diapers
The 115-pack eco diapers are suitable for sensitive skin. They provide 12-hour protection from wetness and leaks. A breathable FreshAir layer releases humidity and sucks moisture away from the skin, ensuring a safe pampering experience. These super absorbent diapers are made from sustainably sourced plant-based materials and have soft leg cuffs. These features, along with rigorous testing for quality check, justify its reputation as one of the best toddler diapers and a suitable addition to your must-buy list.
Number of Items: 135| Color: Printed| Wetness indicator: No| Size: 4; 32lb
- Acquisition layer absorbs in seconds
- Soft leg cuffs helps prevent leaks
- Eco-friendly diapers
- FSC-certified for sustainability
- USDA biobased diaper
- May not suit blowouts
- Gel may leak out if used overnight
8. Best Leak-Lock System: Huggies Little Movers Baby Diapers
Huggies, a tried-and-tested brand, presents you with their Little Movers diaper range that features a five-way fit system. These potty-training diapers have a contoured shape for a better hold and are leak-proof. A dry-touch liner absorbs wetness, while a leak-lock system provides 12-hour leak protection. The pocketed waistband offers a snug fit, and the double-grip strips prevent the diaper from shifting while the baby moves. A wetness indicator lets you know when the child needs a change.
Number of Items: 66| Color: Multicolor| Wetness indicator: No| Size: 4
- Sizing indicator for switching to next size
- Extra soft around the legs
- Tested by dermatologists
- Designed to offer extra protection
- Suitable for active babies
- May be difficult to put on
- Velcro may feel uncomfortable
9. Best Durable: Dyper Responsibly Sourced Bamboo Baby Diapers
The plain white diapers from Dyper are trusted by moms as they are ink-free and made from sustainably sourced bamboo. These 66-pack diapers are suitable for children below 10lb. These hypoallergenic diapers are soft and absorbent, with moisture-wicking features, and the wetness indicator prevents any discomfort to your child due to a wet diaper. The specially formulated bamboo fibers are durable and comfortable. These absorbent diapers are free of phthalates, latex, chlorine, and other harmful chemicals.
Number of Items: 66| Color: White| Wetness indicator: Yes| Size: 1; 10lb
- Unprinted, unscented, and hypoallergenic
- Made with a pH wetness indicator
- Made using sustainable materials
- Clinically tested by Dermatest
- Comes in seven sizes to choose from
- ISO- and OEKO TEX-certified for safety
- May run big for some
- Removal may be a bit messy
10. Best Comfortable: Earth’s Best Tender Care Disposable Baby Diapers
The chlorine-free premium baby diapers from Earth’s Best are disposable and skin-friendly. They are designed with moisture-barrier cuffs and breathable, leak-proof sides to keep the baby dry and comfortable. These hypoallergenic daytime diapers are crafted without latex and dye, making them safe for your baby’s delicate skin. They have stretchable panels with fasteners to prevent leaks and provide a snug fit.
Number of Items: 40| Color: White| Wetness indicator: No| Size: 2; 18lb
- Holds blowouts safely upon usage
- Safe for overnight use
- Suitable for babies weighing more than 27 pounds
- Side tabs may not stick well for some
- May be slightly thicker than expected
How To Choose The Right Diapers For Toddlers?
Consider the following points to choose safe and effective diapers for toddlers.
- Pack size: Buy in bulk as children need many diapers, and these won’t go to waste till the child is potty trained. Look for small tester packs whenever you are trying out a new brand.
- Absorbency: Ensure the inner layer is ultra-absorbent. Diapers turn the liquid to gel to help prevent wetness, minimizing the chances of diaper rashes and infections.
- Size: Pick the right size for your child according to their age and weight. If the diaper is too small, it will be tight and uncomfortable, too big, and could cause leakage and shifting.
- Elastic and lock-ins: Choose diapers with elastic waistbands and lock-in technology to ensure the diaper fits snugly, and the side lock-ins keep the wetness inside, providing superior leak protection.
- Wetness indicator: Select diapers with wetness indicators that tell you when your child needs a diaper change. It can reduce discomfort, irritability, and rashes.
- Safety: Look for labels like “lab-tested”, “clinically-tested”, and “dermatologist-approved” on the diaper packaging, to ensure you select diapers that are made with skin-loving ingredients.
Natalie Perez, a Miami-based parenting blogger, says, “When choosing a diaper, I ensure it is flexible enough to keep up with my very active toddler and has a wetness indicator line so that I can easily see if a diaper change is needed.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna is a highly skilled writer and reviewer who helps parents find safe baby products. Here, she has curated a list of the best diapers for toddlers that will help keep your child clean and dry. Vibha scanned several forums and websites to find unbiased reviews and parental opinions on different toddler diapers available in the market to compile this list. She has provided a detailed review and description of each product, along with a concise buyer’s guide, to help you choose the right one for your little one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best diapers for toddlers?
Diapers that have added absorbency and prevent leakage are the best toddler diapers. In addition, the diaper should be free of harmful chemicals and made of breathable materials.
2. What are the best diapers for diaper rash?
Diaper rash usually occurs when the skin is exposed to prolonged wetness. So, you need to rely on diapers with super absorbency as they can keep the skin dry and rash-free.
3. At what age should a child stop wearing diapers?
Your child should stop wearing diapers when they are being toilet trained. This may be anywhere between 18 to 30 months. However, some children may only get completely trained at four years.
4. Do diapers expire?
Diapers don’t expire. However, manufacturers recommend using the diapers within two years of purchase, as the diaper’s potency may get reduced.
5. Is there a difference between a girl and boy diaper?
In general, most brands offer gender-neutral diapers, but certain brands also manufacture diapers that are gender-specific in terms of design.
6. What size of diaper can a toddler wear?
A toddler can wear a size-four diaper, which is suitable for children weighing nine to 17 kg. But it is best to follow the diaper size chart of the brand.
7. Are diapers reusable?
Only cloth diapers are reusable. Disposable diapers need to be discarded after each use.
Buying the right diapers for your precious baby can make all the difference. A diaper should combine comfort and efficiency so your baby is cozy. When picking a pack of diapers for your baby, ensure it is highly absorbent, leaving behind no wetness. Additionally, pay attention to the size of the diaper and ensure it fits perfectly. Also, the material used should be rigorously tested to ensure it is soft, toxin-free, and gentle on your baby’s sensitive skin. You may also choose one that comes with a wetness indicator. Our top picks are the dermatologist-approved Pampers Swaddle’s Overnights Disposable Diapers, which are stretchable and hypoallergenic, and the Luvs Ultra Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers, which are designed with a unique NightLock Technology for 12-hour protection.
Infographic: How To Change A Diaper?
The right diaper can keep your child clean and dry for hours, keeping infections and discomfort at bay. While it is essential to look for the appropriate features to find a suitable diaper for your toddler, you should also know the correct way to change diapers for a hassle-free experience. Check out the infographic below for more information.
- Dental Care, Diapers, and Clothing
- Diapers: Disposable or Cloth?