If you don’t have a dishwasher, you have got to do the dishes by hand and it is a battle! Add a pair of the best dishwashing gloves to your cleaning armory. And doing the dishes will no longer be a mundane task, which needs to be mercilessly pawned off on just about anybody!
A good pair of dish cleaning gloves makes this bore of a chore a stress-free experience. Generally made from latex, silicone or rubber, these gloves are most commonly used in the kitchen, while gardening or during any activity that involves getting your hands (and nails) dirty.
Always Use Protection- Reasons To Wear Dishwashing Gloves
Kitchen dishwashing gloves are an essential part of your cleaning collection – no, doing dishes is not for the faint-hearted. It requires continuous contact with soap and water. This may lead to dry skin, burning sensations or allergic reactions. And let us not get to the gritty details of how “ew” greasy utensils are. Here is where gloves for dishwashing jobs come to the rescue! Not only do they provide excellent protection for your hands from harsh soaps and detergents, dish gloves are particularly handy when cleaning out grime using hot water. A good pair of these gloves can be unlikely heroes while cleaning breakable (sometimes expensive) items. They provide a good grip in a foamy mess.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best Dishwashing Gloves to Buy
One of the best ideas since sliced bread, dishwashing gloves with scrubber have made it infinitely easier in the kitchen. Anzoee’s gloves, in particular, are not only durable, but they are also toxin-free which makes them suitable for all skin types. The palm surfaces are covered with silicone bristles to help with a thorough cleaning.
- Utilitarian – serves a variety of purposes from cleaning dishes to washing a pet
- Can resist heat up to 160 degrees
- Insides are covered with soft, ergonomic groves for the perfect grip
- Fairly long cuffs (14.5”) which ensure your hands are well-protected from splashes
- Made from strong and no-tear silicone material
- The bristles are dense as well as soft which makes them suitable to scrub delicate items.
- While it comes in a universal fit size, it might not be suitable for small hands.
Dishwashing gloves with bristles are almost always a great idea. They serve a wide variety of purposes, from washing dishes and vegetables to scrubbing your stove. These gloves are made from sturdy silicone which makes them long-lasting. The bristles help you clean the toughest of grease with ease and considerably reduce the time you spend on washing dishes. It can be sterilized by rinsing it in boiling water or microwaving it for 2 minutes. It is also dishwasher safe.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- The material is 100% silicone, perfect for those with latex allergies.
- It is resistant to heat up to 160 degrees Celsius.
- The material is flexible allowing easy movement while cleaning.
- The palms have soft bristles, also made from silicone, which helps to create foam and reduce the usage of soap.
- The thickness of the material may be thinner than standard dishwashing gloves.
Sometimes, simple is the best way to go. These latex-free gloves from Elgood are one of the best in the market. They are long-lasting and have a range of uses; not just in the kitchen but also while doing laundry. Unlike other standard dishwashing gloves, these are made using PVC material weaved in with cotton which makes them very comfortable to use.
- The PVC is free from BPA and Phthalate, which makes the gloves safer for washing utensils.
- With a length of 13 inches, the gloves cover your hands well and provide better protection.
- Being oil-resistant, the gloves are perfect for cleaning greasy dishes.
- The granules on the palms and fingers help provide a good grip.
- The pack contains a pair in 2 attractive colors.
- The material is a weave of PVC and cotton (using Advanced Flocking Technology) making them flexible and more comfortable to use.
- Doesn’t come with bristles, which makes them slightly less useful for cleaning dishes
If you are looking for versatility, look no further. Vgo makes some of the best gloves that serve a multitude of applications. Made from high-quality rubber, the gloves are extremely flexible and safe to use in cold temperature conditions as well as hot. The pack contains a set of 10 pairs, particularly helpful when you need designated gloves for different purposes and can still keep a few for emergencies
- Comes with a sizing guide and ranges from XS to XXL, which allows you to choose the perfect size to fit your hands
- These gloves provide protection from hot and cold, with temperature resistance ranging from 0°C/32°F to 50°C/122°F.
- The exterior of the palm is embossed, which allows for an excellent grip.
- It not only complies with REACH regulations but is also CA65 approved.
- Comes in just one color.
What can we say about ThxToms Dishwashing Gloves that hasn’t been said before! It is a must-have in your kitchen and makes washing dishes a breeze. The high-quality silicone is durable and the bristles allow you to clean even the hard-to-reach places.
- The material is food-grade silicone and is especially perfect for those who are allergic to Latex.
- Thick bristles cover the palms and fingers, provide a good grip, and ensure thorough cleaning.
- They can be used as double-sided gloves; the bristles side for scrubbing and the plain side for everything else.
- They come in 5 attractive colors.
- These are easy to maintain as oil comes off easily with a simple wash and they can be submerged in boiling water to sterilize. They also have a provision to store them on hooks.
- Finding the perfect size might be difficult.
Casabella has long had a reputation for being one of the best manufacturers of premium dishwashing gloves. This upgraded version is ideal if you are looking for a pair of “no-fuss” gloves. They are sturdy and perfectly water-resistant.
- The tapered design makes the fit snugger.
- Groove patterns along the palm and fingers provide a fantastic grip.
- The gloves have double cuffs that ensure water doesn’t drip into the interior side.
- Incorporating a cotton flock lining on the inside makes these gloves comfortable to wear.
- They come in 3 sizes which makes it easier to find your perfect fit and are sized to American Society for Testing and
- Materials standards.
- May not be suitable for individuals with latex allergies
Don’t you hate washing dishes early morning during the winter when the water is icy cold?! A set of these gloves will help solve the problem. Made using rubber, the gloves have a thick cotton lining that keep your hands warm. Also, the pack contains 2 pairs of these amazing gloves making them definitely worth the money.
- The long sleeves ensure your hands are truly kept dry
- A plush, cotton lining makes it comfortable to wear and keep your hands warm while washing under cold water.
- The fingers have anti-skid grooves which improves the grip.
- The gloves come in an attractive design that will brighten up your kitchen (and your day).
- As it is made of natural rubber, storing it in closed spaces might cause it to develop a slight odor.
One of the most reliable dishwashing gloves (latex-free), these boast of durability and functionality. With silicone bristles on the exteriors and anti-slip grooves on the inside, doing the dishes will become the easiest and fastest chore ever. Also, the packaging of these gloves look so good that you can gift them to your friends or family and make their dishwashing time as easy as yours.
- These gloves are made from non-toxic silicone.
- They come in a wonderful aqua color, adding a touch of elegance to your kitchen.
- Being odorless makes them a top contender.
- The gloves are heat-resistant up to 320° F.
- They are thoroughly tested for tough cleaning.
- While the gloves promise to be one-size-fits-all, it may not fit well for everyone.
It’s always a plus when one item has multiple uses. These heavy-duty gloves are perfect, no matter the chore. You can wash dishes, wipe down your car, or go gardening with these gloves because they’re multifunctional. The material is thick and durable which makes them long-lasting.
- The gloves are made from high-quality rubber.
- The material is slightly elastic which allows a snug fit, particularly around the opening.
- With the optimum thickness, these gloves are durable.
- The sleeves are fairly long which ensures a better protection.
- The pack comes with 3 pairs of gloves making it a great deal.
- As the gloves are not insulated/lined, they provide little protection from heat/ cold.
We have another winner with these dishwashing gloves by EVILTO. Smartly designed, these gloves have grooves on the inside as well as the outside making them the knight of grips. The bristles are densely placed which permit a deep clean. These thick bristles increase the foaming, particularly useful to clean grease and grime.
- The gloves come in 4 attractive colors.
- It is made from 100% silicone which is also food grade.
- There is a slot above the opening which makes it easy to hang the gloves on a hook.
- These gloves are easy-to-clean as they can be machine-washed or put in the dishwasher.
- Although the insides are dotted with grooves, there is no lining and may not be suitable for those with sensitive skin.
Why compromise on looks over functionality?! The Pacific PPE cleaning gloves are not only perfect for cleaning, they are perfect to look at too! Made from high-quality PVC, these gloves are latex-free and are ideal for heavy-duty chores. So, what are you waiting for people?
- The material is high-grade PVC which is DEHP-free, and devoid of lead and cadmium.
- The fingertips are thickened with extra PVC which decreases the chances of developing holes over time.
- The gloves have an attractive design with colorful extremities.
- The company provides options in size so you can find the perfect fit.
- The granules embossed on the fingers and the palm increases friction allowing the wearer to have a better grip.
- While its simple design makes it versatile, the gloves are fairly basic.
Now that you’ve gone through our list of the best dishwashing gloves, let us show you how to choose the one that suits you the most and how to use and maintain them.
How to Choose the Best Dishwashing Gloves
Choosing the right set of gloves is not a complicated endeavor. Here are a few simple points to keep in mind:
- Size: Measure your hands and compare them to the size-guide for gloves. You might not always get lucky and find the perfect fit, so choose the closest to your size. Ensure that you have some breathing space so that your hands don’t get sweaty. Buying slightly bigger gloves can also help with taking them off quickly (you know, to pick up phones and such).
- Material: Remember to find out exactly what material the gloves are made of before you buy them. If you have sensitive skin or latex allergies, opt for dishwashing gloves with cotton lining that don’t irritate your skin.
- Thickness: Gloves made from thin flimsy material don’t provide much protection from heat and are prone to tearing. For the kitchen, it is important to have thick gloves which are also flexible for easy movement. Overly thick and stiff gloves would be more suitable for gardening.
- Length: If you often splash around while cleaning, choose gloves with a longer sleeve length. This prevents water accidentally getting inside your gloves and making your hands wet.
- Composition: The material used in the gloves is also an important factor to keep in mind. Most commonly gloves used for washing dishes are made from rubber or silicone. These are durable, water-resistant and easy-to-use. Some of them come with a soft lining which is helpful in keeping your hands dry, especially if you are prone to sweating.
Types of Dishwashing Glove Material
There are several materials used in manufacturing gloves. Here are a few most commonly used:
- Natural and Synthetic Rubber: Rubber gloves are thick and durable. Not only do they provide excellent protection from heat, but they are also perfect for heavy-duty tasks.
- Latex: Latex gloves are perhaps the most popular in the market and widely used in kitchens. They are a type of rubber gloves but are extremely flexible allowing the dexterity you need while doing the dishes.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC): A real up-and-comer, PVC gloves are gaining popularity for their durability, and effectiveness in repelling water and oil.
- Silicone: Silicone gloves are perfect for people with latex allergies. Along with the flexibility rivaling that of latex gloves, silicone gloves can withstand high temperatures and are very easy to maintain.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you clean/sanitize dishwashing gloves?
When you are done with the dishes, wash the gloves while wearing them (like you would wash your hands) with a soft soap or dishwashing detergent. To wash the interior of the gloves, turn them inside out, soak them in soap solution and rinse them in warm water. Hang the gloves to dry; outside in the sun would be best as it would get rid of any odor. Make sure that you have dried out the inside before you turn it back to dry the outer area.
Why do dishwashing gloves get sticky?
The continuous exposure to oil or grease and hot water causes latex and rubber gloves to breakdown, making them sticky. While everything has an expiry date, you could make your gloves last longer by cleaning them thoroughly after each use and also by allowing them to dry in open spaces.
How long do dishwashing gloves last?
Different types of gloves wear out at different rates. It also depends on how regularly you use them and how well you maintain them. Dishwashing gloves should ideally last for anywhere between 3 to 6 months.
How often do I need to replace my dishwashing gloves?
Over a period of time, due to residues on the surface and continuous use, the gloves develop a smell, discoloration and holes or tears. When this happens, it would be a good time to exchange them with a new pair.
Dishwashing gloves are one of the most versatile of cleaning supplies. From washing utensils to dusting your home, they have a plethora of uses. It is always a good thing to keep a pair at home and choosing from our list of the best will help you get the most out of them.