Do you have a tummy-ache (but not really) or a feel like you are catching a pretend-fever? If yes, why don’t rush yourself to the little doctor in your home? Children aspire to be many things when they grow up, a dentist, a pilot, a teacher, a singer, and also a doctor. As a parent, it’s your duty to encourage your little one into believing that he can be whatever he wants to be, if he puts his heart, soul, and mind to it.
To help him get his practice started, why don’t you introduce him to a doctor’s kit? Here is MomJunction’s list of the 15 best doctor kits for kids, which can help him learn and also let him have a fun time while doing so. We will also talk about how you can choose the right one for your child.
15 Best Doctor Kits For Kids
1. Fisher-Price Medical Kit
Whether your child is testing the kit on you, their siblings, or their toys, it will help them develop healthy habits and a sense of responsibility early on. It comes with 7 pieces with play with, all of them that can be stored inside a handy tote.
- Kids can ‘listen’ to the patient heart with the stethoscope
- The thermometer goes from ‘sick’ to ‘well
- Includes an otoscope to check the ears
- Comes with a blood pressure cuff
- Also comes with a toy bandage cuff and a toy syringe
2. Battat Deluxe Doctor Kit
Makers of high-quality kids toys for over 40 years, this kit by Battat contains 10 realistic-looking medical tools. It all comes enclosed in a sturdy doctor’s carry case, so your little MD can take house halls whenever they are needed.
- Includes 1 stethoscope, 1 thermometer, 1 syringe, 1 scissor, and many more
- Recycled and recyclable materials
- 100% safe
- Made of high-quality ABS plastic
3. Learning Resources Pretend And Play Doctor Set
With this large 19-piece set, your little one will never be bored. Not only will your child improve his fine motor skills, he will also learn that a visit to the doctor doesn’t have to be a dreaded experience with this educational set.
- Comes with a stethoscope, forceps, bandages, eyeglasses, special tags, etc.
- Also includes a scalpel, thermometer, syringe, blood pressure cuff, and many more
- Toy cell phone rings like a real one (batteries not included)
- Sturdy plastic carrying case
- Simple but child-safe locks on the case
4. INGQU Doctor Kit For Kids
Spark your child’s curiosity about the medical field with this 19-piece doctor kit. Its durable case fits all toys comfortably and is easy for children to handle. While the bright colors can hold a child’s attention, the round edges make it extremely safe.
- Made of durable ABS plastic
- Includes toy tablets, otoscope, flex hammer, stethoscope, and many more
- Musical case
5. Fisher-Price Patient And Doctor Kit For Kids
With this patient and doctor kit, your child will enjoy his pretend-play sessions even more. The doctor’s bag contains all the tools your child needs to perform his tasks on a fabric patient apron, which can be looped over the body of a stuffed toy.
- Contains 9 pieces
- The pieces feature wood accents, felt, and rubber
- The doctor’s bag comes with a syringe, stethoscope, tweezers, and more
- The fabric apron comes with pull-out guts, an attachable bug, and a piece of broccoli
- Gift-ready packaging
6. Melissa & Doug Get Well Doctor’s Kit Play Set
Looking for innovative ways to reduce your child’s screen time? This kit with realistic patient care essentials will perfectly fit the bill. It comes with a hearing tester, a syringe, scissors, and stethoscope among other instruments usually found in a doctor’s kit.
- 25 pieces
- Includes a blood pressure cuff, tweezers, thermometer, and an eye cover, etc.
- Kit contains reusable activity cards
- ID badge for the doctor
- Magazine for patients in the waiting room
- The handy tote bag doubles up as a storage bag
7. Dreamy Accessories My Dreamy Kit
Make your little MD feel extra special with this sturdy and colorful doctor’s kit. The kit includes a cotton bag and a high-quality cotton/polyester doctor’s coat which can be personalized with their names.
- The “heart’ button makes the stethoscope produce a sound and lights up
- The otoscope lights up too
- Contains 11+ pieces
- Comes with stick-on letters
- Made of safe materials
8. GINMIC Kids Doctor Kit
One of the most colorful doctor kits for kids, this one comes enclosed in a sturdy and easy cross-body carry case. With 22 different pieces, your child will squeal in delight as he discovers new ways of understanding the human body.
- No sharp edges
- Includes a doctor’s coat
- Made of premium quality ABS plastic
- Some pieces light up and create realistic sounds
9. Gizmovine Doctor Kit For Kids
Doesn’t it look incredibly cute when a little child walks around carrying a little backpack? This doctor’s kit comes in a blue backpack and contains 17 pieces to play with. Not only does it come with regular toys like a thermometer and syringe, it also includes an ECG graph and an infusion bottle too.
- Includes stickers, a surgical desk, and pills bottles among other toys
- No sharp edges
- Coat fits boys and girl over the age of 3
10. Fajiabao Doctor Cart Medical Kit
When your kids are pretending to be doctors and nurses, they can easily push this kit around. Its double-layer design allows kids to place their toys according to their preference. This multi-function kit can keep your child entertained for hours.
- Double-decker trolley toy set
- Light enough to be pushed but sturdy at the same time
- Includes stimulated medical devices
- Comes with 22 pieces
- Baskets are removable
- Includes stickers
11. Learning Resources Cure It! Doctor’s Kit
This one is specifically designed for little hands. If you don’t want to overwhelm your child with too many pieces, this will be an ideal set for them. It comes with 6 pieces and helps in developing imaginative play, language, and social skills.
- Includes a stethoscope, syringe, bandage, and ear scope
- Also comes with a thermometer and a doctor’s bag
- Part of the award-winning ‘New Sprouts’ line of toys
- Made of crush-resistant plastic
12. Li’l-Gen Doctor Kid For Kids
This purple and yellow combo is definitely going to be quite a pleasant sight for your child’s eyes. As an added bonus, it comes with a story book, so that you can read to your child after a fun session with the kit.
- High-quality and durable material
- Comes with 14 pieces including the case
- Realistic sound effects
- Child-friendly design
- All parts are made of non-toxic materials
13. Dragon Drew Wooden Doctor Kit For Kids
If it’s made of wood, it can only mean one thing – it’s going to be strong and durable. A kit like this one can improve your child’s hand-eye coordination, his social skills, and also develop is imagination. The red case gives it an adorable appearance as well.
- 10-piece set
- Easy to carry and store case
- Made of 100% real wood
- Complies with all international toy safety standards
- Made of renewable resources
14. Imagination Generation Dr. Maple’s Medical Kit
Let your child, Dr. Maple, give you a full body check-up with this adorable and safe medical kit. All the tools are made of the finest all-natural wood and coated with paint that is safe for children. The personalized carrying case makes it easy to store all of the tools together.
- Sturdy metal latch on the carrying case
- Comes with 10 handy tools
- Wooden medical bag
- Include toys like patient chart, otoscope, ointment gel, and tongue depressor etc.
15. Anpro Doctor Play Set For Kids
If your child dreads injections, refuses to take his medicine, or fears a trip to the doctor’s clinic, playing with this kit can help him wash away all his fears. Not only is it a doctor’s kit, it is a dentist’s kit as well.
- Contains 46 tools and gadgets
- Include a doctor’s apron, dental filling, toothbrush, toothpaste, and dental hook
- Also comes with a hanging bottle and medical record book among many other toys
- All of the pieces can be stored in the medicine chest
- No sharp edges
- Snap-lock latch on the medicine chest
How To Choose The Right Doctor Kit For Kids
This is the first thing that you must keep in mind when purchasing a doctor’s kit for children. Make sure it doesn’t come with very small parts to avoid a choking hazard, that the edges are round, the kit is non-toxic, and the paint used is harmless.
Spending a little extra money will go a long way in ensuring the well-being of your child. A good-quality product won’t snap or break easily and last you quite a while without needing to be replaced.
Let’s face it, children are messy, noisy, and not the most delicate beings when handling their toys. They can also get quite upset if their favorite toy gets damaged. So, make sure that you invest in a kit that is sturdy and durable.
While most doctor’s kits come with the stethoscope, a reflex hammer, an otoscope, and a syringe, you may need to go that extra mile to find a kit that provides more than these. Children get bored fairly quickly and the more the number of tools he has, the more he is likely to play with the kit.
Almost every child in the world is a fan of color and if the tools come in different colors, it’s a huge plus. The casing and product shouldn’t be too complicated to use as the child may get easily frustrated.
[ Read : Mamma Mia Kids Doctor’s Kit Review ]
Frequently Asked Questions
How will a doctor’s kit grow my child’s imagination?
When your child plays with a doctor’s kid as a doctor or a nurse checking a patient, it gives him an opportunity to be someone other than himself. When faced with different scenarios and situations, the child has to make quick decisions and improvise. This in turn helps your child’s imagination grow.
Can a doctor’s kit help promote social skills?
Yes, a realistic doctor and patient pretend-play requires two people – it can be a sibling, a friend, or a parent. When he talks to whoever he is playing with and gets through a round of questions, it not only improves his social skills, it also helps in language development as well.
Take your child in a path of wonder with the help of these 15 best doctor kits for kids. With each component, your child will learn the basics of the human body better and also improve his hand-eye coordination along with his cognitive abilities. When your child shares the kit with someone else, it also teaches him the importance of bonding and improves his social skills as well. Which one would you like to buy for your child and why? Let us know in the comments.
- Best Booster Seats
- Best Play-Doh Sets
- Best Mittens for Babies
- Best Science Kits For Kids
- Mamaearth Complete Baby Care Kit Ingredients