Whether you act like you caught a fever or suffered a fake tummy ache, your little one will never be late to come in and kiss your sickness goodbye as a good little doctor. If your little one enjoys role-playing like a little doctor at home, it’s time to bring home the best doctor kits for kids.
Children may get fascinated by many professions, such as a pilot, a singer, a teacher, or even a doctor, at an early age. It becomes your responsibility to ensure they start believing in themselves to become whatever they want to be when they grow up. The practice may, however, start early, with role-playing games.
To introduce them to the world of doctors, you can get them a doctor set to play with. Here’s a list of the best doctor set kits for children you can choose from.
No products Found
15 Best Doctor Kits For Kids
Whether your child is testing the kit on you, their siblings, or their toys, it will help them develop healthy habits and a sense of responsibility early on. It comes with 7 pieces to play with, all of them that can be stored inside a handy tote. Includes an otoscope to check the ears,a toy bandage cuff and a toy syringe. Learn more about this doctor role play kit in this video.
- Kids can ‘listen’ to the patient heart with the stethoscope
- The thermometergoes from ‘sick’ to ‘well’
- Includes a storage bag
- Items are sturdy
- Velcro of the blood pressure cuff may be weak
- Earbuds of the stethoscope might be big for younger kids
Makers of high-quality kids toys for over 40 years, this kit by Battat contains 10 realistic-looking medical tools. It all comes enclosed in a sturdy doctor’s carry case, so your little MD can take house halls whenever they are needed. It includes a stethoscope, thermometer, syringe, scissor, and more.
- BPA-free plastic
- Recycled and recyclable materials
- 100% safe
- Made of high-quality ABS plastic
- May bend due to rough play
- Box clips might be a little difficult to close
With this large 19-piece set, your little one will never be bored. Not only will your child improve his fine motor skills, he will also learn that a visit to the doctor doesn’t have to be a dreaded experience with this educational set. It comes with a stethoscope, forceps, bandages, eyeglasses, special tags, scalpel, thermometer, syringe, blood pressure cuff, etc.
- Includes a toy cell phonethat rings like a real one
- Sturdy plastic carrying case
- Has child-safe locks on the case
- Doesn’t have sharp edges
- Pieces might break with rough usage
- Some might find the velcro of the BP cuff not stitched well
Kidzlane’s doctor kit can help your child understand more about the human body and calm their fears regarding a doctor visit. This set contains 12 medical tools to let your child enjoy an immersive roleplay experience. Some of these tools are surgical scissors, eyeglasses, a toy syringe, bandages, a stethoscope, and a blood pressure monitor. All the pieces are easy to clean and made of durable and safe plastic for long-lasting use.
- Spacious carrying case for easy storage
- Snap-lock latches for security
- Realistic sound effects
- Includes batteries
- Blood pressure pump may be hard to inflate for children
- Some pieces might be slightly thinner than others
This role-play set by Just Play is designed for children who love playing doctor and includes a toy doctor bag, toy stethoscope with lights and sounds, blood pressure cuff, thermometer, otoscope, syringe, and other accessories. The bright and colorful design inspired by the beloved characters from the popular Disney Junior show can keep your child engaged for hours.
- Encourages imaginative play
- Helps develop social and emotional skills.
- Screen-free entertainment with light and sound
- Safe for children
- Portable design
- Bag might be flimsy
- Accessories might be challenging to fit in the bag
Looking for innovative ways to reduce screen time for your child? This kit with realistic patient care essentials will perfectly fit the bill. This medical playset comes with a hearing tester, a syringe, scissors, blood pressure cuff, tweezers, thermometer, an eye cover and stethoscope among other instruments usually found in a doctor’s kit.
- Includes 25 pieces
- Kit contains reusable activity cards
- ID badge for the doctor
- Magazine for patients in the waiting room
- Handy tote bag doubles up as a storage bag
- Activity cards and bottles do not have descriptions
- Bag doesn’t have velcro
The B. toys doctor toy set is a great way to introduce your child to the world of medicine. Made of high-quality, durable materials, this toy set comes with nine engaging accessories, encouraging pretend play. Let your child’s imagination run wild as they diagnose and treat their patients with this play medical kit.
- Non-toxic plastic
- Develops fine motor skills
- Can be used by children of various ages
- Can be used for individual or group play
- Sturdy case for easy storage
- Some accessories might be flimsy
- Might take up a lot of space
These doctor toys for toddlers come enclosed in a sturdy and easy cross-body carry case. It is one of the most colorful doctor kits for kids and includes 22 different pieces. Give it to your child and watch them squeal in delight as they discover new ways of understanding the human body.
- No sharp edges
- Includes a doctor’s coat
- Made of premium quality ABS plastic
- Some pieces light up and create realistic sounds
- Paper box pretend medicine packaging may not be durable for some
- Fitting items in the kit can be challenging for some
Let your child’s imagination soar with this fun and educational doctor kit for kids by Liberry. The kit includes 23 durable, non-toxic and safe accessories designed for little hands. Additionally, the kit features realistic sound and light effects for an immersive play experience.
- Encourages imagination, compassion, and social skills
- Improves hand-eye coordination
- Comes with a sturdy and spacious carrying case
- BPA- and odor-free
- Ideal for gifting
- May not include enough accessories
- Glasses might be small for some children
Your future doctors will love practicing their skills with this pretend-play toy set by Joyin. Made of superior quality and durable materials, this 31-piece kit for kids is a complete entertainer and ensures hours of realistic and interactive playtime for your child.
- Features electronic functions
- Provides dental education
- Made of non-toxic plastic
- Smooth and rounded edges
- Includes a basket for easy storage
- Some accessories may not be durable
- May require an adult’s help to operate some accessories
This one is specifically designed for little hands. If you don’t want to overwhelm your child with too many pieces, this will be an ideal set for them. This medical play kit comes with six pieces and helps encourage imaginative play and develops social and language skills.
- Includes a stethoscope, syringe, bandage, and ear scope
- Also comes with a thermometer and a doctor’s bag
- Part of the award-winning ‘New Sprouts’ line of toys
- Made of crush-resistant plastic
- Some kids might find it difficult to use the syringe
- Earplugs can be tight for bigger kids
One of the best doctor kits available, this set contains 35 medical tools and accessories to ignite your child’s imagination. Playing with these tools can spark curiosity and encourage the kid’s to learn more about the human body. The pieces are made of child-friendly ABS material to ensure safety and durability. They are also easy to clean for proper maintenance.
- Realistic sound and light effects
- Carrying case for easy storage
- No sharp edges
- Environmentally-friendly material
- Some small pieces may pose a choking hazard
- Storage case latch might be difficult to open for children
If it’s made of wood, it can only mean one thing – it’s going to be strong and durable. A kit like this one can improve your child’s hand-eye coordination, his social skills, and also develop his imagination. The red case gives it an adorable appearance as well and the toy doctor instruments are made of child-safe materials.
- Ten-piece set
- Easy to carry and store case
- Made of 100% real wood
- Complies with all international toy safety standards
- Made of renewable resources
- Some might feel the case is not sturdy enough
- May not have enough space for organizing
Let your child, Dr. Maple, give you a full body check-up with this adorable and safe medical kit. All the tools in this doctor play kit are made of the finest all-natural wood and coated with child-safe paint. The personalized carrying case makes it easy to store all of the tools together.
- Sturdy metal latch on the carrying case
- Comes with ten handy tools
- Wooden medical bag toy
- Include toys like a patient chart, otoscope, ointment gel, and tongue depressor etc.
- Case might be hard to shut
- Some might find the stethoscope to be less flexible
Make doctor visits less scary for your child with the iBaseToy doctor kit for kids. This 27-piece set includes accessories such as a stethoscope, reflex hammer, glasses, thermometer, syringe, and DIY stickers, providing them with a realistic play experience.
- Non-toxic and odor-free ABS plastic
- Multifunctional case for easy storage
- Includes a handle for convenient travel
- Snap-lock latches to keep the case secured
- Perfect for pretend play at home or school
- Has limited accessories
- May not be easy to disassemble the toy pieces
How To Choose The Right Doctor Kit For Kids?
Confused about choosing the the right doctor kit for the little one? The factors below can help you choose the best doctor kit for your child.
1. Safety: This is the first thing that you must keep in mind when purchasing a doctor’s kit for children. Make sure it doesn’t come with very small parts to avoid a choking hazard, that the edges are round, the kit is non-toxic, and the paint used is harmless.
2. Quality: Spending a little extra money will go a long way in ensuring the well-being of your child. A good-quality product won’t snap or break easily and last you quite a while without needing to be replaced.
3. Durability: Let’s face it, children are messy, noisy, and not delicate in handling their toys. They can also get quite upset if their favorite toy gets damaged. So, make sure that you invest in a kit that is sturdy and durable.
4. Components: While most doctor’s kits come with the stethoscope, a reflex hammer, an otoscope, and a syringe, you may need to go that extra mile to find a kit that creates facination. Children get bored fairly quickly and the more the number of tools he has, the more he is likely to play with the kit.
5. Design: Almost every child in the world is a fan of color and if the tools come in different colors, it’s a huge plus. The casing and product shouldn’t be too complicated to use as the child may get easily frustrated.
[ Read : Mamma Mia Kids Doctor’s Kit Review ]
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How will a doctor’s kit grow my child’s imagination?
When your child plays with a doctor’s kit as a doctor or a nurse checking a patient, it gives him an opportunity to be someone other than himself. When faced with different scenarios and situations, the child has to make quick decisions and improvise. This in turn helps your child’s imagination grow.
2. Can a doctor’s kit help promote social skills?
Yes, a realistic doctor and patient pretend-play requires two people – it can be a sibling, a friend, or a parent. When he talks to whoever he is playing with and gets through a round of questions, it not only improves his social skills, it also helps in language development as well.
3. At what age do kids play with doctor kits?
Most doctor kits are ideal for children aged three and above. This is also the age when children like to engage in pretend play.
4. Which materials are used to make doctor kits?
A majority of doctor kits are made with plastic, and there are a few brands that manufacture these kits using wood.
5. How long do doctor kits last?
The durability of doctor kits depends on the quality of the material used and their construction. Kits that are constructed to be sturdy or made with wood, with fewer removable parts may last longer.
Out of all the role plays your little one indulges in, a doctor is something that they may find fascinating as it not only encourages creative play but may also kindle their interest in this particular field. The best doctor kits for kids may help familiarize them with this field. However, before purchasing one, check if the kit contains all your child needs for safe play, from odorless materials to safe and BPA-free plastic, such as the Liberry Doctor Kit For Kids. You can also look for those with diverse instruments, like the Learning Resources Pretend And Play Doctor Set so that your child stays engaged for long. The Fisher-Price Medical Kit is another great option, as it comes with a handy tote for easy storage.
Infographics: Factors To Consider When Buying A Doctor Kit
A doctor kit helps your child develop thinking, logical, and social skills and encourages pretend play and empathy. However, choosing a suitable doctor kit may be tricky when various options are available. Check out the infographics below to note the key features to look for to get the right kit for your child.
- Best Booster Seats
- Best Play-Doh Sets
- Best Mittens for Babies
- Best Science Kits For Kids
- Mamaearth Complete Baby Care Kit Ingredients