Whether at the office or home, if you work on an elevated surface, owning one of these best drafting chairs is healthy. These chairs are designed to provide good back support and comfort to help reduce the risk of back injuries. In addition, these chairs, with their adjustable heights and wheels, are ergonomic and convenient. These chairs are ideal for those who sit and work for prolonged periods. If you have such a job, we suggest you invest in one of these. Read on to know about the features to look for and also a few of our picks.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Drafting Chairs
This tall drafting chair will be a perfect addition to your office. With a back width of 17–20in and ventilated mesh, this chair has a comfortable padded seat with three inches of CA117 fire-retardant foam. It comes with an adjustable foot ring and built-in lumbar support to take care of your seating needs at work.
- Transparent mesh allows air circulation
- Waterfall edge promotes healthy blood flow to your legs
- Dual wheel caster ensures easy movement
- Adjustable foot ring adds to the comfort
- Tilt lock mechanism locks the seat securely
- Arms are not adjustable
- May make noises on movement
This modern drafting chair with a pneumatic gas lift seat for height adjustment features a 27in nylon base with double wheel casters. The strong 20in diameter foot ring of this armless drafting chair allows you to rest your feet. It has a waterfall design and in-built lumbar support.
- Allows convenient hand movement
- Contoured back for better support
- Large base provides great stability
- Allows easy height adjustment
- Ergonomically designed for correct back posture
- Wheels roll comfortably, allowing easy movement
- Height adjustment may be a problem
- Hydraulic lift system may not be durable
This is one of the best drafting chairs for standing desks and is designed with multi-functional adjustment options for a perfect seat position to match your counter height. The meshed backrest allows air circulation, and the built-in lumbar support prevents back muscle fatigue. The heavy-duty nylon base makes it super comfy and durable.
- Comfortable seating for long hours
- Adjustable seat height, foot ring, and armrests promise comfort
- Smooth-rolling and multi-directional casters for easy movement
- Five claw chair legs impart greater stability
- Swivels 360 degrees
- May not be an ideal option for short people
This is one of the best drafting chairs for use in the office, studio, or reception area. Its arms can be flipped up to 90°, and the chair allows 360° swiveling. It offers reliable, ergonomic support, and the padded waterfall seat keeps your thighs and back in the right posture.
- Arms offer good support
- Easy height adjustments between 20.5in and 29in
- Caster wheels ensure easy movement and rolling
- Lumbar support for better posture
- Difficult to assemble
- Back may not be durable
This modern drafting chair that facilitates pneumatic height adjustment from 24.25in to 33.75in comes with a 20in diameter foot ring, breathable mesh backrest, and in-built lumbar support to offer comfort to your back.
- Heavy-duty nylon base imparts stability
- Adjustable chair height
- Offers great back support
- Smooth casters that don’t cause damage to the floor
- Mesh back allows air circulation
- Large knob may not fit right
- The chair may sink if you are on the heavier side
This modern high-back drafting chair allows you to adjust the height from 21.25in to 30.5in. Certified by BIFMA, it is a reliable chair with ergonomic lumbar support. It has flip arms and lockable wheels that make it a multifunctional, multipurpose chair.
- Back can be tilted as per your requirement
- . Padded seat and breathable mesh backrest
- Saves space as it can be pushed under the table
- 360° swivel feature
- Lockable wheels prevent scratches
- Contemporary design
- Easy installation
- May not be a great lean-in chair
- Seat may shrink on sitting
- Armrests are a tad low
This drafting chair with built-in lumbar is comfortable and sturdy. It is one of the best drafting chairs with a three-degree curve seat that complements the curve of the human spine. The adjustable seat with high back and foot ring ensures good posture.
- Has safe and durable wheels
- 360-degree swivel
- Soft PU casters ensure floor safety
- Breathable padded mesh seat
- Allows for accurate height adjustments
- Reliable five claw chair legs for balance
- Cushion may shrink after a few uses
- Armrests may be low
This BIFIMA-certified adjustable drafting chair is a perfect option for studying and gaming. It is ergonomically designed to offer you maximum comfort and allows adjustments as per your need, making it a great addition to your office. It allows for 360° swiveling and has a maximum capacity of 250lb.
- Thickly cushioned back and seat
- Highly adjustable to give maximum comfort
- Easy to assemble
- Mesh design keeps you cool
- No tilt-lock function
- No cushioning on the armrests
EdgeMode high-back chair features a frame made of high-quality alloy steel and a seat made of vegan leather. The chair has an aesthetic finish and is versatile enough to blend into any office space. Its padded armrests and high back make it super comfortable. This chair is available in terracotta, black, gray, and white.
- Ergonomically designed
- Sophisticated finish
- Chrome covered castors
- Adjustable seat height
- Braces may be weak
- Cushioning may not be sufficient
This is a comfortable leather drafting chair without arms. The seat has a 3.9in cushion made of PU, which can hold weights up to 300lb. The height can be adjusted from 20 to 26in, and the footrest is also adjustable.
- Seat is nicely cushioned
- 360° swivel for convenience
- Contemporary style makes it ideal for home as well as office
- Rolling stool without arms allows easy movement
- Thick backrest adds to the comfort
- · Base could have been wider
- · Poor assembling instructions
Featuring breathable meshed mid-back, this is a comfortable drafting chair with ergonomic construction. It allows for 15in tilting angle, height adjustment, and seat adjustment and is ergonomically designed to complement the curves of the human spine.
- Levers work smoothy
- Comfortable even for large people
- Easy to assemble
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Fabric may not be soft
- No option to recline
How To Choose The Right Drafting Chair?
Consider the following features while buying a drafting chair.
- Height: You must measure the height of your work surface. Choose a chair that can be adjusted to match the height of your work desk.
- Ergonomics: Ergonomics reflect in different features a chair possesses, including an adjustable backrest, seat tilt mechanism, height adjustment, optional armrests, seat padding, etc. All these features together are responsible for making it a comfortable seat required for correct posture.
Can You Use A Drafting Chair As An Office Chair?
It is not advisable to use your drafting chair as your office chair as the height of an office desk and drafting desk are different. The seat height range of a drafting chair is different from that of an office chair. You can end up hurting your back and distorting your posture if you use it as your regular office chair.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John curates the most authentic furniture and kitchen product articles that help her readers find the best products available in the market. In this article, she has collated a comprehensive list of the best drafting chair and stools comfortable for those who need to sit and work for long hours. The article shares the details of each product, covering its specific pros and cons. It also highlights the importance of height and different ergonomic features of the drafting chair that one should consider before the purchase.
A drafting chair for standing desk ensures a comfortable experience and helps you complete your work efficiently. A good drafting chair supports your back and prevents injuries, especially when you have to work for a longer period at the same place. The above list of best drafting chairs was curated after careful research, and evaluating multiple customer reviews will help you purchase the best that will enable you to work efficiently without feeling exhausted or hurting your back.
- Best Chairs For Artists For An Ideal Work Environment
- Best Chairs For Lower Back And Hip Pain
- Best Armless Office Chairs For Comfort And Relaxation
- Best Weighted Blankets For KidsTo Help Them Sleep Long