Whether it be a gala celebratory event or a formal get-together, a stunning dress paired with the right dress shoe is synonymous with classic elegance. Choosing the best dress shoes for women isn’t an easy task as there are many choices.
Whichever kind you choose, a dress shoe is a must in your wardrobe to make an outfit look better. Here is a comprehensive list of some of the best dress shoes for women that are designed with quality craftsmanship. Explore these time-tested and best-selling options to pick the perfect pair.
1 Best Dress Shoes For Women’s Style And Comfort In 2023
1. Best Rounded Toe Design:Sam Edelman Women’s Felicia Flats
Crafted with premium-grade vegan leather, the pair features a flexible sole, offering a snug fit. Whether you’re headed for work or out on the town, these flats are sure to become your go-to choice. While extremely stylish, the shoes offer unparalleled comfort, making them suitable for everyday wear. They’re available in a range of colors, are versatile, and can be worn with a variety of outfits.
- Quality craftsmanship
- Padded footbed
- Durable and long-lasting
- Stylish bow accent
- Slip-on design for easy wear
- May be a bit narrow
- May run small
"I found these shoes a bit snug initially, so I opted for a half-size up. The quality surpassed my expectations, and the classic design works for all looks. I can slip them on for a walk or pair them with a dress."
2. Best Lace-Up Design: Keds Women’s Champion Canvas Sneaker
A classic sneaker with a soft, breathable lining features textured rubber outsoles for flexibility. It has a lace-up design that runs through four pairs of eyelets to ensure proper fit. The cushioned insole provides comfort and support. These women’s dress shoes have a signature style and are available in multiple colors. This review video can offer a more detailed explanation of the tried-and-trusted product.
- Roomy toes
- Comfortable arch support
- Canvas upper
- Available in other shades
- May be a bit large
- May attract mold slightly
"I'm quite content with my purchase. The pair is breathable and stylish, and I love how supportive the soles are. The lace-up style is another plus for a better fit. Overall, it is a satisfactory choice for casual wear."
3. Best Lightweight: Reebok Women’s Princess Sneaker Running Shoe
These tried-and-tested and comfortable dress shoes feature a synthetic leather upper design and subtle stitching for a neat look. They have die-cut EVA midsoles that provide cushioned support for a soft and smooth stride. The soft terry inner lining has moisture-wicking qualities to keep your feet dry and cool. These lightweight shoes with a soft padded sockliner are designed to provide cushioning and comfort. You may check this video for a better understanding of this product.
- Lace-closure type
- High-abrasion outsole
- Precise perforations for breathability
- Ideal for long walks, hiking, and running
- Inner sole may be a bit hard
- May be less suitable for wide feet
"I love the timeless style and comfort of the Reebok Princess series. They have a charming appeal to them and go well with almost all outfits. I had to get a bigger size for better comfort and arch support, so I would recommend sizing up."
4. Best Almond-Toe Design: LifeStride Women’s Giovanna 2 Pump
Chic and comfortable, the cushioned foam soles make every step soft and breathable, while the shoes’ arch design and heel support give balance and stability. With a 100% synthetic material and a back zip closure, the shoes ensure a snug fit. They have an almond-toe design and front and side cutouts. This video review will help you learn more about the product.
- Ankle-strap type
- Non-slip heel base
- Features flexible outsole
- Breathable cushion support
- May be prone to staining
- May run smaller than expected
"The shoes have a vintage charm, and they blend well with the 1920s aesthetic that I'm fond of. They offer sufficient cushioning, but the comfort could use improvements. Although I wear heels occasionally, these shoes still hold a certain appeal that I adore."
5. Best Slip-Free Wear: Dr. Scholl’s Shoes Women’s Giorgie Ballet Flat
Dr. Scholl’s Ballet flat shoes combine cushioned comfort with an elegant formal appeal. Their construction involves three-zone insoles for enhanced comfort. The synthetic soles are durable, and the heel cushions provide slip-free wear. They have a soft chambray inner lining for a smooth fit.
- Designed with faux leather upper
- Comes with flexible sole
- Memory foam footbed
- Almond-shaped toe for a flattering look
- Lightweight and flexible design
- May be slightly narrow
- May be a bit smaller than expected
"I find myself reaching for these shoes quite often for work, even preferring them to my beloved flip-flop. While their fit and comfort are commendable, they did cause blisters at the heel. The gel-like sole leads to sweaty feet but offers comfort too. They're good for relaxed desk jobs."
6. Best Pointed-Toe Design: Clarks Women’s Linvale Jerica Pump
The pointed-toe dress shoes have 5.6cm heels and offer a classic elegance in your stride. Made from 100% high-quality leather, these shoes have rubber outsoles for traction and stability while walking and are lined with Ortholite footbeds for breathability and moisture management.
- Full-length padding for added comfort
- Smooth uppers for flexibility
- Ideal to pair with jeans, skirts, and trousers
- Includes smooth textile lining
- May be slightly tight around the toes
- May be a bit stiff than expected
"The shoes offer great padding and support to my feet and are slip-resistant. Initially, I got a blister, but their quality construction ensures longevity. It may not be the most striking pair, but it is a reliable and well-fitted addition to my wardrobe."
7. Best Comfortable:Dr. Scholl’s Women’s Ankle Boots
The Dr. Scholl’s ankle boot is a stylish and comfortable choice, featuring a faux leather upper and a memory foam Cool Fit insole. The slip-on dress shoes are easily wearable and their sturdy outsole offers traction and stability. Notably, this boot is a sustainable product as its materials are made from recycled water bottles.
- Shock-absorbing insole
- Reduces foot pressure and fatigue
- Suitable for a variety of occasions
- Available in multiple colors
- May run a bit small for some
- May not be suitable for wide feet
"These shoes have the appeal of boots but with better comfort. They work well for wide feet. I love to pair them with my boot-cut jeans, as they add a vintage touch to the outfits. Even the soles have a nice grip."
8. Best Cross-Strap Design: Joocare Women Latin Ballroom Black Character Dance Shoes
With moisture-wicking brushed material and cushioned insoles, these shoes offer style and comfort. The shoes’ timeless style, thanks to their adjustable cross-strap design, makes them ideal for a modern salsa party. Their suede soles give soft cushioned support, and they have non-slip heels.
- Supple leather upper
- Double strap design
- Easy to wear
- May not fit comfortably around small ankles
- May be a bit wide for narrow feet
9. Best Cushioned: Toms Julie Suede D’Orsay Flats
Elevate your wardrobe with these comfortable yet fashionable women’s flats by Toms. The upper of these suede dress shoes has a stylish metallic herringbone twill pattern combined with leather to add elegance to your look.
- Stacked leather-wrapped heel measuring 0.25 inches
- Cushioned insole for added comfort
- Rubber sole for better grip
- Suitable for multiple occasions
- Available in multiple colors
- May run small for some
- May cause sweating in summers
10. Best Sculpted Fit: Naturalizer Women’s Carmen Pumps
Carmen Pumps from Naturalizer are one of the most comfortable business shoes. They are made using contour+ technology to provide a snug and sculpted fit. The shoes’ pointed-toe design and 5.08cm heels give an illusion of longer legs. This slip-on design allows easy on and off, and the innovative cushioned footbed ensures secure and comfortable walking. Designed with quality craftsmanship, the non-slip rubber outsole offers stability and comfort.
- Pull-on closure type
- Breathable lining
- Provides arch support for a perfect fit
- Suitable for office, date nights, and casual wear
- May be a bit wide
- May not be suitable for wearing for long hours
"The leather quality is satisfactory, and I love the minimalist design. I was only disappointed by the lack of wider sizes. However, I like how comfortable they are, and they complement all my work outfits."
11. Best Versatile:Vionic Women’s Kit Josie Kitten Heel
Vionic’s Kit Josie shoes have stylish and comfortable kitten heels that can be paired with all kinds of clothes. These tried-and-trusted and expert-approved patent leather dress shoes sport a microfiber footbed, making them both functional and fashionable. Whether heading to work or for a night out, this pair of shoes is cute and versatile enough to become your go-to choice.
- Has metatarsal padding
- Good arch support
- Available in multiple colors
- May have sizing issues
- May not be suitable for people with high arches
"These shoes harmonize style and comfort perfectly while offering support for my feet. I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the heels. They're easy to wear all day without any slipping or pinching."
How To Choose The Right Dress Shoes For Women?
Here are a few footwear assessment factors you should consider before choosing the right dress shoes for women.
- Right shade: A black or a beige pair can go with any outfit easily. If the dress has wide bold patterns, a pair of simple black heels or flats will work well. Consider neutral or nude heels with sparkling dresses.
- Season: If it is winter, go for boots or toe-covered shoes. For summers, you can try wedges, sandals, or any open-toe design.
- Occasion: Choose satin finish stilettos or heeled sandals for weddings and proms. If it is for office wear, try pumps, heels, or slip-ons.
- Comfort: Make sure the shoes are comfortable and provide adequate support. Spending the day in uncomfortable shoes can spoil your day. Choose the material and sole carefully for optimal comfort while walking.
Jodie Filogomo, a style consultant and fashion blogger, says, “Your feet are unique, so make sure to try shoes of different brands and don’t settle for shoes that do not fit well or do not meet your requirements in terms of comfort or style.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a trusted writer, reviewer, and editor passionate about fashion, style, clothing, and footwear. She has utilized her experience in these fields and knowledge gained from researching multiple user reviews to collate this list of the best dress shoes for women in the market. This product list also includes the pros and cons of each dress shoe. The best-selling shoes are chic and comfortable – the perfect combination for a fancy night out.
Dress shoes are pretty versatile and pair well with almost every outfit. They also keep your feet comfortable as you walk around the block. The best dress shoes listed here are crafted from durable materials and are easy to clean and suitable for daily wear, with some even being customizable to fit you perfectly. When choosing a pair, make sure it provides adequate support and is comfortable and stylish. Moreover, choose a pair based on the season and occasion.
Infographic: How To Pick A Perfect Pair Of Dress Shoes?
A good pair of footwear not only provides comfort but also completes the look and enhances the beauty of a dress. Therefore, when choosing a pair of shoes for an outfit, you must remember some points. Refer to the following infographic to learn a few things to consider when picking your shoes.
- High Heels And Foot Problems.
- Tracking the effects of high heels at work.