If you’re wondering where to pick the best dual alarm clock radio with battery backup, you’ve arrived at the right place. A high-performance alarm clock is a must if you struggle to wake yourself up on time. Everything that we do is driven by time, so to ensure productivity, an alarm is a necessity. Technology has been a lifesaver. The newest variant of alarm clocks also comes with a radio to stay entertained as you hit the bed and when you wake up. Plus, they also come with a great power backup.
Here is a list of best-selling ones so that you can choose the one that helps you manage your sleep time. Read on to know what these are.
11 Best Dual Alarm Clock Radios With Battery Backup
This clock by Magnasonic can display time on its LCD screen or through a projector onto your ceiling or wall. It also has the option to show you the calendar and temperatures in fahrenheit and celsius. This means when you are on your bed, you don’t always have to roll over to check the time. You can now schedule 2 separate alarms and pick the days for ringing! Thanks to the 3.5 aux input, you can connect the clock to your cell phone and listen to your favorite songs or simply choose your favorite from any of the FM/AM stations. Available in black and white, this clock from Magnasonic has dual alarms with separate settings and comes with a long-lasting battery backup. Watch this review video for more information.
- Customizable brightness
- Syncs to time zones accurately
- Daylight savings time available
- Wide projection display
- Speaker quality may not be satisfactory
2. Best Color-Changing: iHome iBT29BC Bluetooth Color Changing Digital Alarm Clock
This Bluetooth alarm clock by the trusted brand iHome is not just an alarm clock but also has a built-in mic and speakerphone for hands-free calling, music, and radio listening. Thanks to the 3.5mm headphone jack, it can play music from other devices even without Bluetooth connectivity. Featuring customized alarm ringtones and six display colors, there’s something to suit your different moods. The six color variants can also change sequences from glowing to dimmed, pulsing with music, or even no color mode, making it even more versatile. The built-in USB port of this alarm clock radio combo makes it easy to charge and play the device at the same time.
- Features FM radio
- Superior sound
- LED color-changing cabinet
- Easy to operate
- May have display glitches over time
The Sony digital alarm clock can be used with batteries or as a corded electric clock, which makes it a versatile option. What sets it apart from traditional alarm clocks is its innovative time projection feature that enables it to project the time onto the wall or ceiling. The nature sounds are soothing to the ears and do not jolt you to wake up, and the alarm device can also be used to charge USB-powered devices with its built-in USB port. With a gradual wake button, FM buttons with ten station presets, and snooze buttons, the clock is easy to operate. You can also use the high-end alarm device to check the date with its built-in calendar.
- Backlit LCD display
- Adjustable brightness
- Adjustable knob for projection angle
- Can be snoozed
- Compact design
- May take some time to learn how to use the device
- Projection brightness may not be adjustable
Best Customizable Brightness
Best With Time Projection
|Magnasonic Projection Alarm Clock Radio||iHome iBT29BC Bluetooth Color Changing Digital Alarm Clock||Sony Alarm Clock Radio|
|Batteries||1 CR2032 batteries required||-||-|
|Weight||1.23 pounds||1 Pounds||2.36 pounds|
|Dimensions||5.5"W x 4.76"H||13"W x 6.5"H||-|
|Number of Batteries||-||1 CR2 batteries required||-|
|Frame Material||-||Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene||-|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Perfect for your bedside table, the i-Box radio alarm clock is equipped with 6W stereo sound for an immersive sound experience. The acoustic engineering and passive radiator with a dedicated sound chamber add to the efficiency of the built-in speakers on the clock. An impressive five-level adjustable display brightness makes it easy on the eyes at all times. You can charge your QI-enabled smartphone with its built-in QI wireless charging pad by placing the phone on top of the device. And if you need to power a second device, you can use the 1A USB port at the back of this precision-engineered clock for easy and efficient charging.
- Doubles as a Bluetooth speaker for streaming music
- Includes radio with ten channel presets
- Features 12- and 24-hour display
- Available in various color variants
- Bluetooth connectivity may lag
- May not be user friendly
Are you looking for a digital alarm clock that has a simple design and can be used by anybody, whether they are adults, teens, and kids? Well, your search ends here! This tried-and-tested clock by Sharp has everything you need in an alarm clock, right from easy-to-set alarm function to easy-to-read displays with numerical digits. Whether you are setting the time or turning off your alarm, simply press the top buttons on the clock to do so. It runs on 2 AAA batteries and the display is available in 3 colors: black and red, brushed silver and green, or plain silver and green.
- Alarm backup available
- Ascending alarm volume
- Bluetooth pairing available
- Controllable volumes
- May require setting time once the power is back
Start your mornings with this digital alarm clock from Magnasonic. Right from choosing the volume limits of your alarm to picking your favorite FM/AM radio stations from the 20 options available as your ringtone, this high-performance clock does it all. Its dual alarm capability is suitable for people who wake up at different times.Thanks to this clock, you won’t have to worry about setting another alarm once you wake up. It is powered by an AC adapter and also comes with 2 AA batteries as a backup that helps your clock function even if there is a power outage, making it one of the must-buy products.
- Preset radio stations available
- Settings remain constant during power shortages
- FCC certified
- Buttons may be slightly small
Emerson’s SmartSet alarm clock radio has a rectangular 0.9-inch jade green display that can be dimmed in four levels per the comfort of your eyes. The digital tuning of the AM/FM radio and customizable alarms make waking up a convenient and comforting experience. You can set the snooze, radio, or buzzer alarm to different volume settings. This high-end, digital display alarm clock can self-adjust to daylight savings and can be programmed to operate only on weekdays and weekends or all seven days of the week.
- Programmable sleep-to-music timer
- Adjustable brightness
- Easy to read
- Dimmable display
- Automatically sets the date, time, month, day, and year after each power interruption
- May be difficult to use the buttons in the dark
- May be brighter than expected in the lowest brightness setting
Sangean’s digital radio alarm clock is built to revolutionize the audio experience. This clock has a powerful speaker with a bass reflex tube for rich sound and loudness compensation. This widely tried and trusted dual alarm clock for bedroom use also includes an infrared remote control that can be used to play the radio, 18 preset stations, and adjustable volume and brightness options. Thanks to the battery backup, you do not have to worry about power outages and resetting radio station memories; the clock takes care of itself smoothly.
- USB charging
- 4.1 Class II built-in Bluetooth
- Auxiliary input and headphone jack space
- Adjustable treble
- May not change to daylight saving time automatically
- Menu section may be confusing
This ultra-efficient dual alarm clock from Timex has 2 alarms that are programmable to auto shut off mode or auto-repeat mode. There are 2 USB drives in the front, of which one is a 2.1A port you can use for fast charging and another a 1A port for normal charging. It has a 0.9-inch LED screen whose brightness can be customized to suit your needs. Since this auto-time set clock has two programmable alarms with a snooze function, you can choose between a loud tone for deep sleepers and a soft electric buzzer for light sleepers.
- Automatically sets time
- Programmable alarm settings
- Easy to use
- Can charge 2 devices simultaneously
- Includes universal AC adapter for wall outlet
- May suit only California residents
The sleek black rectangular digital clock by the trusted brand Philips wakes you with an effective buzz or radio music. This alarm repeats every nine minutes to counter oversleeping effectively. The clock uses two AAA batteries as emergency power backup and keeps the radio memory safe. It has a 24-hour alarm reset and you can adjust the volume digitally. Moreover, you can quickly access your favorite radio station without much hassle with the buttons on the clock.
- Dual alarm
- Gentle wake option
- Dual wake modes
- Loud mono speakers
- May take some time to get used to the device
- USB charging of other devices may not be available
Do you usually wake up to bright sunshine or the light of your alarm clock? If your answer is the second one, we’ve got you covered. This premium clock by Reacher has an adjustable brightness level ranging from completely dark to very bright. It has 6 types of alarm sounds to choose from, like piano, bird, and flute, along with dual alarms that are customizable for all 7 days with snooze options. It has a USB charging port that can charge your devices, and during power cuts, this clock can save clock settings, ensuring that you get sound sleep and wake up for the next day!
- In-built cable slot
- Bright display panel
- Soothing sounds available
- Memory selection available
- Wide range of volume levels
- Timer may not be available
How To Choose The Right Dual Alarm Clock?
Here are a few factors you should consider when choosing the right dual alarm clock.
- Customization: Dual clocks are customizable because when two people use them, they can customize the settings to their preference. However, the scope of customization varies from clock to clock. A dual alarm clock should come with ample scope for personalization, right from the sound of the alarm and volume to the snooze function and progressive sounding. Go for a dual alarm clock that you can set exactly to your needs.
- Display: People who use alarms tend to wake up to the light of their screens, which is not the best way to start the day. To minimize that, some alarm clocks are equipped with different wake-up features, such as a customizable display option. Thanks to this feature, you can set your clock to a minimum or maximum brightness level, depending on your need. However, bright light may not let you sleep at night and dim light may not display the time in the morning. So, it is advisable to choose an alarm clock that allows you to balance both by offering adaptable display brightness.
- Sound: One of the primary features of an alarm clock is its sound. Alarm clocks with loud noises can lead to waking up suddenly, which could be detrimental to your health in the long run as it can lead to high blood pressure. On the other hand, the ones with progressive sounds play the alarm tone with an ascending loudness, giving you time to wake up. It is advisable to go for the second option. However, if the first one appeals to you more, you can look for a clock with a customizable volume control feature.
- Additional features: Some alarm clocks have a wireless charger pad and display more information than just time, like temperature and calendar. When such details are displayed, the screen tends to become jampacked. There are basic alarm clocks with simple displays that focus only on the time. Picking the kind of extra features you want in the display depends upon your preferences.
Is The Battery Backup Efficient To Sustain The Alarm Set During Power Outage?
Dual alarm clocks use batteries as a backup that allow them to keep working through power outages. However, in some clocks, features other than the time display may not function while they run on batteries. Other clocks save the time settings, and when the power is back, they synchronize to the original time. Usually, dual alarm clocks cannot rely only on battery backup because batteries are a backup power source, whereas the main source of power would come from the adapters that come along with the clocks.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is a product writer who extensively reviews electronics and household items that can make your life better. Here, he recommends the best dual alarm clocks with battery backup after doing extensive research and analyzing the features of each product. The products he has listed here come with great display, brightness, sleep timer, and snooze options. Additionally, Wedetso has also mentioned the pros and cons of each best-selling product and included a buying guide to help you make an informed choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does a battery backup alarm clock work?
Battery backup alarm clocks work on dual power modes. They use AC power as their primary power source and the battery gets charged during the power supply. When there is a power outage, the backup batteries activate automatically and keep the clock running for a specific period of time.
2. How long does an alarm battery take to charge?
The backup batteries in an alarm charge by trickle charging mechanism, which is a method that charges the battery at slow rate when the power is on. Their charging time depends on the battery capacity and type.
3. How long does a dual alarm clock radio with battery backup last?
It varies with each alarm clock and may last up to 24 hours, depending on the battery capacity.
4. Does a dual alarm clock radio work as a normal radio?
Yes, dual alarm clocks with most station presets, that include both AM and FM stations, function close to normal radio.
Dual alarm clocks exist in different shapes and sizes. Their purpose is to help you sort through the clutter of a hectic day and begin each morning with great positivity, making a small but significant impact on your life. An ideal way to start your day, the best dual alarm clocks with battery pickup also come with multiple customization features and display options, so you can personalize your feed and create the sound that feels most soothing and comfortable. While adapters power dual alarm clocks, those with a battery backup are more reliable for those who travel frequently. The tried-and-tested options listed here are stylish and functional to help you with your buying decision.
Infographic: What Are The Benefits Of A Dual Alarm Clock Radio
Alarm clock radios provide us with the perfect blend of convenience and entertainment. They help you kick-start the day with the perfect rhythm. Read the following infographic to learn how dual alarm clock radios help you get the most out of your mornings and beyond.