Old toilets consume excess water and utilize more power. Dual flush toilets are effective low-flush options invented to address the water issue.
The dual flush toilets use the right amount of water to complete the job by offering two flushing options. They conserve water in comparison to the other toilets. With different styles and several features, finding the right option could be confusing.
Here, we list the best dual flush toilets for you to choose the suitable product.
Our Top Picks
Types Of Dual Flush Toilets
- One-piece toilets: These are tinier toilets that sit at a seat height to offer comfort.
- Two-piece toilets: They come detached in two pieces and hold a traditional design. It combines a bowl and a tank.
- Wall-mounted toilets: These toilets have hidden flushing and tank mechanisms and can save almost ten-inch space on the floor.
They come with a wall-mounted bowl, and the toilet combo helps small bathrooms.
10 Best Dual Flush Toilets
1. Best Powerful Flush: Drake Two-Piece Elongated Dual Flush
An elongated two-piece dual flush, this has an improved yet standard design. It is manufactured with high-end features, including Dynamax tornado flush. Its advanced combination decreases the toilet cleaning frequency while minimizing the water usage and harsh chemicals. Its universal height offers comfort to individuals across ages. The seat comes with SoftClose material and can be upgraded with an electronic washlet bidet seat. Take a look at this video to get more information on the product.
- Easy to use and handle
- Meets ADA compliance
- Standard height for the comfort of every individual
- Durable and powerful flush
- Can be used in residential and commercial places
- Glaze quality may not be appropriate
- Bowl could have been shallow
- May require cleaning after every use
2. Best Self Cleaning: Kohler Wellworth Two-Piece Round-Front Dual-Flush Toilet
The Kohler dual flush toilet is available with a round front bowl that provides a perfect solution for smaller powder rooms and bathrooms. The toilet has a nested trip lever on the left-hand side. It flushes 1.1 or 1.6 gallons of water with each flush and has a 2.125-inch glazed trapway. With standard floor-mounted installation, this flush has a Dry Lock system. This video offers a more detailed explanation of the product.
- Standardized height
- Self-cleaning option
- Wider hole for water
- Helps prevent leakages
- Plastic handle lever
- Does include a toilet seat
- Primary flushing may not be good enough
3. Best ADA design: Renovators Supply India Reserve Elongated Two-Piece Bathroom Toilet
The white, green, and gold Indian reserve toilet can make your bathroom stand out. This elongated ADA design with its push-button mechanism allows around 0.8-gallon water per flush. The toilet seat is made of WaterSense qualitative porcelain and high-density plastic. It has an elegant, sleek, and curvy lid, making it stand out from the rest. You may check this video for a better understanding of this product.
- Easy-to-find replacements
- Looks attractive and unique
- Fantastic flush system
- Slow close toilet seat
- May not have a comfortable height
- May pose leaking issues
4. Best Scratch Resistant: Fine Fixtures Dual-Flush Round One-Piece Toilet
The high-efficiency dual-flush toilet comes with a soft closing seat to prevent slamming and breaking. It has a nicely glazed surface that prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mildew, and mold on the surface. The inner trapway prevents anything from seeping into the porcelain.
- Looks attractive
- Proper functionality
- Scratch- and stain-resistant
- Cupc, WaterSense, and ADA compliant
- Non-standardized toilet
- Seat might be thinner
- Flush may not be powerful enough
5. Best Durable Dual: DeerValley Dual Flush
The modernized dual flush one-piece toilet is sleek and attractive. It has a glazed surface that is easy to clean and simple to maintain. The efficient dual-flush toilet lets you actively conserve water by choosing the GPF unit according to the job. It is leak-proof and super-quiet.
- Made with durable material
- Comfortable for every age-group
- Glazed bowl
- Suitable for small-sized bathrooms
- Tank is smaller
6. Best For Small Spaces: Woodbridge Short Compact Dual Flush Toilet
Perfect for small spaces, this flush is has a sleek design. Easy to clean, it does not come with any grooves and corners. Completely glazed, its flush system is super-quiet and powerful. The hinges are durable and can be tightened easily.
- A universal fit model
- Looks good
- Lid closes softly
- Does not cause any leakages or clogs
- Installation is difficult
7. Best Easy To Install: Horow Small One-Piece Toilet
The compact, modern one-piece toilet is a perfect fit for small bathrooms. It is shorter in comparison to an elongated toilet seat. The soft-closing seat facilitates easy use and installation. It has a quiet and powerful flushing mechanism that helps prevent clogs and leaks.
- Appropriate for all age-groups
- Nicely designed
- Compact and sleek
- Fully glazed siphon flush with a self-cleaning spray
- Cannot be replaced with a standard round seat
- Might need a second set of nuts and washers for installation
8. Best Gravity-Flush: American Standard Dual Flush Elongated Toilet
The specific dual flush toilet system comes with an EverClean surface that inhibits the growth of mildew, mold, bacteria, and stain. Its siphon jet bowl technology has a PowerWash rim, offering optimal performance. This ultra-high efficiency toilet has a completely glazed trapway. The H2Option dual flush is an effective gravity-flush toilet that helps save water.
- Comfortable bowl height
- Good looking unit
- Needs a push of a button
- Stays cleaner for longer
- Does not include a seat
- May need adjustment of buttons
9. Best Easy To Clean: Swiss Madison One-Piece Toilet
The toilet is available in a modern, clean, sleek design, and compliments different styles. It has a fully skirted trapway that is easy to clean and handle. The contour of the toilet is eye-appealing. It has special holes to reach the bolts, including wax rings and bolt caps.
- Standard sized toilet
- Easy to clean
- Sleek and modernized
- Might be difficult to install
- Toilet flange bolt holes are set deep inside the skirt
- Holes might be too small
10. Best Convenient Height: Convenient Height Store Extra Tall Toilet
The extra tall toilet has a comfortable height of 20 inches. It features a new-generation dual flush system manufactured from a solid metal handle. The flush helps stand up and sit down with ease while preventing sudden falls. The lever handle of the flush is 3.5 inches.
- Perfect for those with mobility issues
- Regular height bowl
- Stable bowl
- Flush handle may not be durable
- Seat may not be easy to tighten or remove
- Could be flimsy and shifts sideways
What To Consider While Choosing A Dual Flush Toilet?
Here are some features to consider to choose the right dual flush toilet.
- Shape of the toilet: While round seats have become old, elongated ones are trending. If you prefer an ADA-compliant seat, an elongated one works as it is five times bigger than the round ones. Elongated ones are comfortable than round ones.
- Size of the bowl: Elongated bowls are two inches wider than circular bowls. While round-sized bowls are anywhere between 16in to 17in, elongated ones are 18in to 19in. Round bowls are compact and take less space than elongated ones.
- Flushing mechanism: There are two flushing structures – gravity-flush system and pressure-assisted flush system. While the former is easier and ordinary, the latter is resourceful and uses less water.
- Aesthetic appeal: Buy a toilet that will match your bathroom’s interiors. Keep in mind that most models come in elongated and rounded bowl shapes. Pick something that compliments the décor and individuality of the bathroom.
- Usage of water: The newer models come with improved technology, helping you save water. They use intricate technology and need one gallon of water or even less with each flush. Consider this option before choosing a specific toilet.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Dual flush toilets are eco-friendly alternatives to regular toilets as they consume less water. In this post, we tell you all you need to know about dual flush toilets and recommend some of the best dual flush toilets based on our research and comparison of various products available online. We have also highlighted the pros and cons of each product and included a buying guide to help you select the right option for your house.
To save water, which is essential in today’s environment, you can browse our list of the best dual flush toilets. With two flushing options that control the regulated water flow, you can choose an option based on your toilet needs. With various types available, including one-piece, two-piece, and wall-mounted toilets, you need to consider the shape, the bowl size, and flushing mechanisms to choose the right one. Also, check out the design to get a flush toilet that fits your bathroom’s aesthetic.