If you love watching your favorite shows or movies at home, buying a DVD player can be a good idea. The multimedia device is designed to play audio and video when connected to a television.
DVD players may have taken a backseat in home entertainment due to the advent of various smart devices. But they are still loved by people who enjoy watching movies and wish to experience the old-world charm with the stack of movie DVDs they own.
We have compiled a list of the best DVD players in India to help you pick the most suitable one. You can also scroll through the buying guide to find the perfect DVD player for yourself.
10 Best DVD Players In India
The easy-to-use external DVD player for laptops and television from Rts makes a useful gadget to record music, videos and even install software. It is a simple plug-and-use DVD player powered by USB with a stylish appeal and shockproof design that adds to its durability.
- Ultra-slim portable design
- Comes with USB 3.0
- Lightweight and portable
- Compatible with 98SE, ME, 2003, Vista, XP, Win7, Win8, and Win10
- Convenient design to read and write disc
- Designed around noise reduction technology
Sleek, compact, and fast external DVD drive from HP offers portable storage of up to 8X DVD. It is one of the best DVD players empowered with 24X CD double-layer recording ability. Designed to meet the needs of the on-the-go mobile world, this plug-and-play drive lets you play from and record to DVDs and CDs.
- Includes Cyberlink Media Suite
- Has double burning speed
- USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 doesn’t require a power adapter
- Measures 9.5mm
- Allows fast disc writing, rewriting, and erasing
- Compatible with Mac OS 10.5.4 or higher and Windows XP SP3/Vista/7/8
Make the most of your home cinema with one of the best DVD players in India from LG. This HD DVD player lets you record files directly on different USB memory devices. Offering a resolution of 720x576p, it is an affordable and reliable DVD player that comes with a 10-day replacement feature.
- Comes with USB 2.0 Plus to playback DivX, JPEG, or MP3 files
- Includes multiplay back option for watching JPEG or DVD files or listening to audio
- Has power consumption of 9w
- Measures 9.8×1.5x8in
- Weighs 910g
Compact and sleek, the black LG DVD player has a clean look and is multipurpose. The portable mini DVD player comes with various USB ports to transfer data with convenience. Watching your favorite shows and movies can be a pleasure with this player that promises low noise levels and swift performance.
- USB 3.0 compatibility
- Buffer size of 0.75MB
- Offers a warranty of one year
- Equipped with the silent play technology
- Weighs 200g
- The transfer rate of the CD-ROM is 3.6 MB/s, and DVD-ROM is 11.08 MB/s
- Supported by Windows XP, Vista, Server 2008, Windows 8/8.1, and Mac OS X (10.75)
With a built-in amplifier, this HDMI DVD player from iBell is made of high-quality material. Its PAL/ NTSC system is compatible with the smart DVD player to play audio and video files. The player supports different media formats, including AVI, MPEG-1,2, and 3GP. Equipped with nine different multi-shooting angles and eight dialogue languages, it makes a reliable DVD player.
- Comes with USB copy function and USB 2.0 reader
- Has four-digit LED display
- Equipped with 5.1Ch surround output
- Comes with a child-lock function
- Offer two screen sizes of 16:9 and 4:3
- One-year warranty included
Designed to play video and audio files conveniently, the Sony DVD player offers premium sound quality and impressive video quality with Xvid Home. It is one of India’s best DVD players with wide playability and functionality and power requirements of 100 to 2240V.
- Compatible with NTSC and PAL formats
- Premium video processing of 12-bit/108 MHz
- Dustproof design
- Equipped with MPEG-4video codec
- Convenient-to-use tactile buttons on top
- Comes with a USB play
Created especially for the movie buffs, the Sony DVD player is one of the best options that makes a complete entertainment package. It supports CDs, DVDs, MP3s, VCDs, and SVCDs. You can even plug in your USB drive or connect it with your LED or LCD TV using the HDMI port for a quick and hassle-free movie experience.
- Offers a resolution of 1080p
- Includes a child lock and tray lock
- Equipped with an auto power-off mode
- Comes with HDMI cable connection
- Records to USB
- Has power requirements of 110 to 240V
The compact region-free DVD player is just what you need to enjoy HD multimedia. It comes with a fully functional remote control that lets you control the device quickly and easily. The progressive scan includes 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios to match different preferences. You can even enjoy karaoke nights with your family using this wireless DVD player.
- Comes with a memory playback function
- Supports video, audio, and image
- Built-in MIC port and supports a microphone jack
- Allows playing multi-region DVDs
- Comes with AV and HDMI outputs
- Supports AUTO, PAL, and NTSC
The lightweight and slim DVD player from Panasonic supports video streaming full HD quality videos and comes with an up-conversion option. It has a resolution of 1920x1080p that promises high-quality pictures for a perfect movie viewing experience at home.
- PAL and NTSC compatibility
- Comes with an HDMI port and USB port
- Backed with a one-year warranty
- Weighs 1360g
- Measures 12.2×8.2×1.5in
The Onix DVD player features an automatic screen saver, making it a good pick for anyone. It has a progressive scan feature and a fully functional remote that adds to its overall convenience. Take your movie viewing experience to another level with one of India’s best DVD players offering HD clarity videos.
- Compatible with DVD, VCD, and DIVX
- Has a streamlined front panel
- Equipped with 5.1Ch output
- Comes with USB copy function
- In-built amplifier
- Comes with a one-year warranty
How To Choose The Right DVD Player?
If you are confused about what to look for in a good DVD player, we bring you a list of points to keep in mind.
- Formats: Consider different formats a DVD player can support, including CDs, DVDs, MP3 files, and VCDs. Some even come with a Blu-Ray feature. If you wish to watch movies on a bigger screen, the player needs to support a wide range of formats.
- Resolution: The quality of the image largely depends upon the resolution. For larger screens, the expected value of resolution is 1920x1080p, and for smaller screens, it is 720x480p.
- Connectivity options: DVD players mostly have different numbers of slots for audios and videos. They include HDMI, SCART, jacks for karaoke, and USB media storage. When there are more choices, the connectivity is better.
If you are a cinephile, you can get a DVD player for screening shows and movies at the comfort of your home. Many people tend to buy a DVD player thinking that it will work when connected to their television sets. However, you need to consider some factors like format, resolution, and connectivity options. We recommend a DVD player that can support the maximum number of formats, provide premium resolution, and have multiple slots for different types of connectivity. Also, check the product warranty before purchasing.
- Best Home Theater Systems In India
- Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers In India
- Best Laptop Stands In India
- Best Projectors In India