EDC or every day carry sling bags are functional and can be carried in various ways due to their versatile styling options. There are various compartments where you can store multiple things and valuables. Many of them come with smart locks that help you keep your belongings secured. This uber-cool style inspired by the 90s trend has made a benchmark in the industry. You can carry it to the office, school, college, travel, camping, hiking, or to any other place you like. But, with so many options available in the market, you can get confused about which one to pick. This guide to the best EDC sling bags will help you find the right one.
15 Best EDC SlingBags
Made of 100% nylon, this EDC sling bag from Waterfly has a polyester lining. It features a zipper closure and several compartments to store multiple things, including keys, tissues, makeup, cards, and coins. There is also a hidden hole where you can stuff your earphones. Available in black, this product has 3D rings on the lower part, and you can wear it on the left or the right shoulder at your convenience. There is also a pouch on the shoulder strap to keep your phone, making this bag appropriate for your outdoor adventures. This review video will help you learn more about the product.
- Made of superior quality materials
- Ideal for traveling and hiking
- Features two mesh pockets
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Available in different colors
- Breathable padded back
- Reflective stripe
- Some may find the bag sliding down the shoulder
- Some may find the water bottle pouch loose
2. Best With Multiple Compartments: 5.11 Tactical Rush Moab 6 Sling Backpack
This military-grade tactical sling bag with multiple compartments by 5.11 is made of durable 1050D nylon. The high-performance, ambidextrous messenger-style sling bag has length-adjustable shoulder straps with a cushioned panel for optimal comfort. The large compartment easily fits a tablet and other accessories, and a dedicated compartment for essential tools offers convenience in any emergency.
- Water-resistant and lightweight
- Double zipper closure
- Large main compartment
- Available in multiple color options
- Tech pocket at the shoulder
- Fleece-lined sunglasses pocket
- Hydration-pack pocket
- May be smaller than expected
- Shoulder padding may slide out of place
With an 18-inch shoulder drop, this backpack with nylon lining is considered one of the best sling bags. It has a zipper closure and a practical design ideal for daily usage. You can get quick access to all the things such as phones, purses, coins, cards, and money. The powerful and flexible satchel strap is designed to give comfort. The trusted product won’t be easily scratched and is made of high-quality and water-resistant materials. It can be used by normal and even plus-size individuals. Watch this video to get a detailed review of the product.
- Ideal for running, cycling, and hiking
- Buckle for holding a keychain and purse
- Features zippered pockets
- Includes a slant pouch
- High-quality metal zippers
- Some may find it too small
- Compartment divider may be flimsy
Best With Multiple Compartments
Best For Daily Use
|Waterfly Crossbody Sling Backpack||5.11 Tactical Rush Moab 6 Sling Backpack||G4free Sling Bag|
|Dimensions||3.5 x 7 x 15 inches.||9.84 x 3.94 x 12.99 inches||8.26 x 2.8 x 15.55 inches.|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
The anti-theft chest bag from the Ozuko is one of the best small EDC sling bags as it is compact and has a polyester lining. The high-density oxford fabric is wear-resistant and waterproof. The carrying system inside the backpack is shockproof, and it has proper ventilation and a heat dissipation system. The main compartment has lockable zippers and can store valuables like money, cards, wallets, and important documents. Liked by several reviewers, you can use it as a business or a travel sling bag.
- Two-side wearing design
- Reflective design
- Inner patch pockets
- Features a USB charger
- Sleek design
- Comes with a carabiner to hold large things
- Some may find the bag small
- Lock may not be long-lasting
An EDC backpack contains discreet storage spaces, locking zippers, and slash-resistant materials to guard your valuables against thieves.
5. Best Capacity: Vertx EDC Commuter Bag
The Vertx EDC bag has a conventional backpack look and provides ample space to accommodate your daily essentials. It features a left shoulder sling that goes under the right arm, an adjustable shoulder drop of up to 16 inches, and multiple double-zipped compartments. The time-tested bag also has a padded back portion to reduce excess pressure and provide optimal comfort, and is made of 100% nylon with a polyester lining, ensuring long-lasting performance.
- Orbital strap design
- Four exterior zips
- Available in two color options
- Might slide down the shoulder often
- Stitching may fray after prolonged use
6. Best Lightweight: Wolf Tactical EDC Sling Bag
The Wolf Tactical shoulder bag is lightweight yet heavy-duty, making it perfect for camping, biking, and hiking. This compact EDC bag with multiple compartments comfortably accommodates everyday essentials such as notepads, sunglasses, gloves, water bottles, keys, phones, flashlights, power banks, iPads, and snacks. Its versatile strap design offers back sling, chest sling, and shoulder carry options.
- Made of 600D waterproof material
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Dual-opening zippers
- Padded mesh back
- Laser-cut molle webbing
- Available in multiple colors
- May be smaller than expected
- Snap button may not be highly durable
7. Best Adjustable Strap: KastKing BlowBak Tactical Storage Bag
The KastKing BlowBak tactical storage bag is made of tough 600D material and has a waterproof coating on the inside for high performance. This best-selling sling bag with adjustable straps has an ambidextrous design, allowing people of all heights to comfortably carry the bag on their right or left shoulder. The bag allows you to carry all your supplies while keeping your hands free to manage your task. It also features a built-in plier holder and a neoprene side pocket, making it the ideal adventure sling bag.
- Tactical molle system
- Built-in beverage pockets and rod- and combo-holders
- Adjustable shoulder strap for both right and left shoulders
- Available in multiple colors
- Might be smaller than expected
- May not have double zippers on all pockets
Investing in an EDC bag is a practical solution for storing gadgets that are not big enough to fit in a backpack but quite big to fit in your pocket, especially when traveling.
Crafted from heavy-duty, upgraded 1050D water-resistant and dense nylon fabric, the Antarctica tactical EDC sling has a capacity of seven liters to accommodate your essentials. With quality craftsmanship, its humanized design with features like reinforced stitching, sturdy zippers, and a cord pull for easy access makes it a functional and versatile option. Moreover, this rugged EDC sling bag has two front pockets, a main compartment, and many other pockets to keep your things organized.
- Adjustable straps
- Available in three colors
- Includes tactical magic board
- Wear- and tear-resistant
- Breathable material
- Color may be different than expected
- Handle might start to fray over time
9. Best Customizable: Maxpedition Neatfreak Organizer
The Maxpedition organizer is a compact everyday-use bag that allows you to keep all your essentials organized in one place. It features adjustable non-slip shoulder pads and 18 pockets, providing ample space to neatly organize all your necessary items. The Teflon fabric protector ensures water resistance and easy maintenance, offering quality assurance. Additionally, the bag comes with adjustable and removable storage compartments attached by velcro, allowing you to customize it to suit your storage requirements.
- High-strength zippers and zipper tracks
- Wide shoulder pad
- Reinforced stitching on the seams
- Abrasion-resistant ballistic nylon fabric
- Strap might be a bit short for some
- May not open flat
Available in different colors, this EDC sling bag can be used to store various gears. The straps on this backpack are adjustable. It has a main compartment with a zippered pocket and one book or tablet layer. This waterproof EDC sling bag is tear-resistant and has an ergonomic design. It is designed to give you a long-lasting performance yet has minimal weight. You can take it for outdoor adventures, travel, or a business trip.
- Easy to fold and hang
- Thickly padded
- Comfortable padded strap
- Durable zippers
- Convertible to either side
- Side pocket for bottle
- Some may find the strap short
- May find it hard to access on the go
Secure your belongings on the go with the Sherpani Esprit sling backpack. It comes with soft padded sling pads and a main zipper compartment that can fit a 10-inch tablet. The bag’s multiple zippers with mesh linings maximize its utility, while its unique combination of 100% mélange and ballistic nylon fabrics ensures both durability and style. This reviewer-tested RFID-blocking sling bag has multiple anti-theft features such as the exterior zipper lock tunnel that allows you to store valuables with confidence no matter where your travels take you.
- Includes a sling strap and a side water bottle pocket
- Light-colored interior lining for easy visibility
- Vegan leather trim and detailing
- Anti-slash fabric
- RFID card guard may not accommodate passports
- Pocket lining may be thin
This durable yet lightweight sling bag from the Tomtoc has long-lasting and sturdy YKK zippers. It is heavy-duty, and you get quick access to various items in your bag for power banks, consoles, and cables. The bag is ergonomically designed to give you optimal comfort on your outdoor adventures, and you can wear it as a sling bag.
- Minimalist design
- Features durable buckles
- Hidden back compartment
- Multiple inner pockets
- Compact yet stylish
- Available in different sizes
- May find the strap short
- Some may not find the strap adequately padded
Stylish and functional, this EDC sling bag from Fitdom has four interior compartments and three exterior pockets. It is designed to give you the ideal comfort all day long. The time-tested bag has high-quality zippers and is made of heavy-duty 600D polyester. This versatile EDC sling bag is suitable for everyday use. Available in black, this product can be used by anyone, irrespective of size. You can carry all your gadgets and essentials, and it has an extra belt to carry around your waist.
- Scratch and water-resistant
- Adjustable straps
- Hook patch
- Removable bracelet handle
- Spacious compartments
- Hidden back pocket
- Easy to access
- May not be sturdy enough for heavy use
- Some may find the strap sliding on the neck
14. Best For Hiking: Osprey Daylite Shoulder Sling
The Osprey Daylite sling is a great option for hiking or cycling. The bag features an ambidextrous shoulder strap with breathable and soft spacermesh material for comfortable wearing. Its easily accessible front zippered mesh pocket holds smaller essentials, while the main compartment has organization sleeves to keep larger essentials neat and accessible. Additionally, it has a stretch mesh pocket on the harness for additional storage, making it a suitable companion.
- Includes a key clip
- Durable material
- Shoulder strap padding may be a bit thick
- May be smaller than expected
The crossbody military-style sling bag from Roaring Fire is ideal for camping, climbing, hiking, trekking, and cycling. You can use it as a chest bag, a cross-body bag, or even as a backpack. Tested by many reviewers, it is equipped with the Molle system and ergonomically designed to quickly access all your items. The bag has six buckles that can be used for connecting the strap to the switch to the other side. It also has D-rings on the shoulder straps to attach your essentials.
- Features a button closure
- Anti-slip and anti-rust zippers
- May not have zipper pulls
- Some may find the seams fraying with use
How To Choose The Right EDC Sling Bags?
Consider the following features when looking for an EDC sling bag.
- Size: Make sure you choose the right size. If your backpack is too large or too small, carrying it becomes uncomfortable. It is recommended to know your size requirements.
- USB Ports: EDC bags have USB ports, meaning you can now all your smart devices easily. This ensures that even if you have a long day outdoors, you do not have to worry about your devices being discharged.
- Compartments: More the compartments, the better it is. It helps you be more organized, and you tend to lose less stuff from the bag.
- Material: Pick a product that is made of premium-quality materials that look not only stylish but also are long-lasting. Also, look for tear-, water-, and stain-resistant features.
EDC sling bags are a useful and functional fashion accessory that can be carried in different ways due to their versatile crafting. You will never run out of pockets to store your belongings, and you can take the bag wherever you go. The EDC sling bags listed above come in various styles, designs, and features, making it easier for you to find something durable that endures long travels and hikes. In addition to the quality of materials, consider aspects like the size, number of compartments, and USB port connectivity so you can keep your devices charged on the go.
Infographic: What Are The Advantages Of Using An EDC Sling Bag?
EDC sling bags are the ultimate modern-day bags, providing convenient and compact storage for everyday essentials. With their versatile functionality, these bags offer convenience while keeping you stylish on the go. Check out the following infographic to discover the practical benefits of using an EDC sling bag for daily excursions.