The elbow is one of the toughest parts of the human body. However, it is also a body part that is highly susceptible to injuries and sprains. The best elbow pads will protect your elbows from injury, especially if you are a fitness enthusiast or a sports player. Whether you need to keep your elbow safe from damage or while competing and practicing in a sport, you would want to have the additional support while going about your daily life. These pads can provide excellent protection from impact while being light, comfortable, and not restricting your movements. Some may even enhance healing after you get injured. However, it’s tough to choose what you want when there are so many options out there. So without further ado, read on our list of the top elbow pads to buy a suitable one.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Elbow Pads
Support your elbow region during play or post-surgery with this elbow brace made with a blend of neoprene, nylon, and Spandex. The pad provides mild or medium support to your elbow joints and tendons and the fabric keeps the elbow warm, which, in turn, increases blood circulation and speeds up the body’s natural recovery. Also known as a medical elbow pad, it features a 4-way stretch system that offers uniform compression around the elbow, while the adjustable strap attaches anywhere along the gear’s external surface. It can easily fit an elbow that measures 7 to 13 inches in diameter.
- Skin-friendly and breathable neoprene
- Fits both right and left elbow
- Minimizes the buildup of moisture and odor
- Can be hand washed in cold water and hung to dry
- Provides excellent support while allowing a broad range of motion
G-Form Pro-X Elbow Pad is one of the best pads in the market and is available in various styles and sizes for youth and adults. It features a proprietary Reactive Protection Technology, which means the soft and malleable foam hardens on impact and absorbs 90% of the force. This ergonomically designed protective gear is lightweight and provides a snug fit that feels like ‘second skin.’ Check out this video to learn more about the product.
- Waterproof and machine-washable
- Breathable and moisture-wicking fabric
- Has Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) of 50+
- Has hinge-like flexibility that allows freedom of movement
- Silicone grippers and compression sleeves ensure a secure fit
From the makers of some of the best sports equipment comes these elbow pads designed to protect your elbows against floor burns and bruises. Sold in pairs, these pads are ideal when playing volleyball since this sport is played on hard court surfaces where there might be constant elbow to floor contact.
- One size fits most
- Features flexible foam
- Slips on easily and fits comfortably
- Available in 2 colors – black and white
Whether you are an amateur or a professional skateboarder, an effective gear such as these elbow pads are a must-have if you want to prevent injuries during nasty falls. Stylish and functional, these protective pads feature a hard plastic shell to protect you from impact while the neoprene lining offers great comfort.
- Stretchable Lycra interior
- Wrap hook and loop fasteners ensure a snug fit
- Available in different sizes
If you are into action sports such as skateboarding, rollerblading, or biking, you need to protect not only your head and knees but your elbows, too. These pads include high-density and impact-resistant caps that offer awesome protection while the EVA memory foam provides maximum cushioning and comfort. Plus, its flat cap design ensures durability and stability. Check out this product review video to learn more.
- Lycra sleeves
- Available in 5 sizes
- The cap is securely fitted with reinforced rivets
- Includes adjustable straps – upper is elastic, and the bottom one is webbed
This elbow pad by TTIO provides proper elbow support and is specially designed for anyone who is into outdoor sports such as cycling, baseball, tennis, snowboarding, rugby, among others. Made of chiffon, this lightweight elbow pad is breathable and comfortable to wear. It comes with 1.5-2 cm thick, soft EVA foam that contours to your elbow and offers average shock absorption protection.
- Stretchy fabric
- Durable and non-toxic
- Hand wash recommended
- The padding keeps elbow warm in winter
- The top and center of the pad feature silicone non-slip strips.
Does your child often complain about bruises or pain in their elbow after returning from their dance practice or bike ride? When it comes to small kids, falls are inevitable. But you could minimize their chance of injuries by getting them to wear elbow pads. This set protects your little one from impact, thanks to the high-density EVA sponge padding. All while the small hole on the back of the gear allows freedom of motion. This pair can also be used to reduce swelling or pain in the elbow.
- Comes in pairs
- Made of cotton and latex yarn
- Fits elbow circumference between 19 to 26 cm
- The elasticity of the fabric ensures a tight fit and reduces slippage.
If you are an avid mountain bike rider, you know that crashes and falls are unavoidable. So if you are looking for an extra level of protection and comfort for your elbows, give these Hyper X D3O Elbow Pads a try. The padding features D3O material, which is considered the best when it comes to shock absorption and preventing impact during a crash. Rest assured, it provides elite protection and can go back to its flexible state right after. All while the Kevlar front shield prevents pads from getting severely damaged.
- Provides adequate ventilation
- Double bound stitching ensures extra durability
- The woven upper elastic strap keeps pads from slipping.
- Terry lining and perforated neoprene has excellent moisture-wicking properties
- The inner elbow has a soft mesh panel to keep your arms cool and comfy.
Made of 50% nylon and 50% Spandex and high-density EVA foam, these extra-wide pads are lightweight, breathable, and provide proper protection to your elbow joints without limiting movement. Plus, these soft elbow pads offer warmth in cold weather. So you can go inline skating, skiing, or sledding worry-free.
- 0.39-inch thick padding
- High-quality and skin-friendly fabric
- Hand and machine-washable
- Shock-absorbing ability
People involved in extreme or adventure sports often suffer injuries to their elbows and knees. Hence, you must protect your knees and elbows with the right gear. These protective pads, designed for elbows, come with extra thick padding for optimum comfort and cushioning while also providing fantastic impact protection. Moreover, the wide-sized cap offers maximum coverage.
- Available in different sizes
- Flexible design enhances the range of motion
- Sleeves are made of ballistic nylon
One of the best hockey elbow pads, this makes for an excellent gear for young players. Although this pad is super light in weight, it safeguards your vulnerable joints from impact. It includes a cap that comes wrapped in Tri-Flex material and ZURICK padding that ensures maximum protection.
- Available in 3 sizes
- Features Velcro straps for a custom fitting
- Air mesh venting prevents overheating
- Ultra stretchy fabric allows your arm to move freely
Given below are a few essential features that you need to consider when buying elbow pads.
How To Choose The Right Elbow Pads
- Material: Although you want a product that offers superior protection, you need to make sure it is lightweight and durable. Elbow pads are made of various materials, with the most common ones being neoprene, nylon, chiffon, foam, and polyester. That said, what material you choose also depends on the purpose of use. For instance, people in adventure sports require protective gear that features a hard shell or thick padding wrapped in flexible material like neoprene or polyester. Whereas, those who want to relieve or avoid elbow pain could opt for pads made from stretchy fabric.
- Size: Some elbow pads come in different sizes, while others have a one-size-fits-most approach. What you choose depends on the size of your arm and your preference.
- Fit: Most elbow pads come with Velcro straps or fasteners that can be tightened for a custom fit. If you’re not sure about your size, it’s best to opt for such pads.
Why Trust MomJunction?
After comparing, reviewing, and analyzing multiple products, we have created a list of the best elbow pads to help you choose the right one. These elbow pads are made of high-quality materials for optimal protection and comfort. We have incorporated various user reviews to ensure the products are safe and effective. The list also includes a useful buying guide to make your purchasing experience easy.
Elbow pads are handy protective gear that protect the elbows from injury and are especially useful when you’re playing a high-intensity sport or recovering from surgery. Moreover, they also protect your elbows from sunburn. Based on your needs and requirements, you may choose one that features either a hard shell or thick padding or pick one with stretchy fabric that allows for free movement. Regardless of the elbow pad you choose, always ensure it is breathable, moisture-wicking, and the right fit.