When the mercury drops, all blankets come out! But nothing beats the optimum warmth and coziness of the best electric blankets. Like warm therapeutic hugs, they comfort you through freezing temperatures. Bonus— these electric heated blankets reduce the use of thermostat too, which means less of cranking up the heat and no more exorbitant electricity bills to pay! A win-win, right? Whether you are a fan of king or queen-sized blankets or like to carry around those handy electric throws, they are a must-have to survive the harsh winters.
But Are Electric Blankets Safe?
Yes, they are. Mostly, all the electric blankets have an auto shut-off safety feature that after continuous use for certain hours, turns off the power. So even if you miss setting the shut-off timer, the blanket will turn off on its own. Besides this, these blankets are ETL-certified too which means they prevent overheating or short-circuits. So yes, they are safe to use.
On that note, let’s start browsing as we’ve lined up 13 best electric blankets for you:
13 Best Electric Blankets To Warm Up Your Winter
Stay warm in every corner of your home with this electric heated blanket. Combining luxury with an innovative technology, Serta Reversible Electric Throw Blanket promises a total heat solution. Made of ultra-soft and 100% polyester brushed micro-plush, the blanket feels feather-soft as you cuddle up on a chilly night, all thanks to its Sherpa lining. And as for the heat controller, it has a 5-heat setting that lets you maintain the temperature as per your comfort and it also has a 4 hour automatic shut-off for power saving. Ideal to turn any corner of the house cozy, this soft heat electric blanket is also machine wash-friendly.
- Ultra-soft, luxurious, and comforting
- Guarantees total heat solution
- 100% polyester and Sherpa lining
- 5-heat setting controller
- Handy and saves power
- Machine washable
- Not warm enough for harsh winters
Goodbye cold spots, because here’s a plush electric blanket that promises to heat evenly from head to toe! Designed with safe and warm low voltage technology, one needn’t worry about risks as the blanket will prevent overheating or short circuits. Plus, it has thin, undetectable wires insulated in a soft, micro-plush and a triple-rib design for extra safety. Also, this comfort-inducing blanket divides into 2 zones and has a dual control feature thus catering to everyone’s temperature needs. With automatic shut-off after 10 hours, the blanket can be machine washed and is dryer-safe.
- Head to toe even heat distribution
- Dual heat control feature
- Low voltage technology
- Saves power and delivers ultimate warmth
- Automatic shut-off after 10 hours
- It’s not durable
This electric throw blanket not only looks premium but provides optimal warmth and comfort too. MaxKare Electric Blanket, like a shield of security when the mercury drops, promises to warm you with its super-soft Flannel and Sherpa combo. A machine-washable electric blanket, it has 3 heating levels, it heats evenly, protects against overheating, and has an automatic shut-off after 4 hours. ETL Certified, it heats up quickly relieving you from freezing hands and toes almost immediately. Besides this, the controller is also detachable, which makes this electric heated blanket versatile and usable for other seasons too.
- Ultra-warm, luxurious, and soft
- Quick heating system
- Protects against overheating
- Heats evenly and safely
- Detachable controller
- Ideal for all seasons
- Not recommended for harsh winters
This one promises to care. How? It saves power by minimizing the use of a thermostat, prevents skin burns and exposure to radiation too. Degree Of Comfort Electric Blanket assures toasty warm experiences even on the coldest days with its smart 20 heat settings. Featuring an LCD screen for you to keep a tab on the temperature, it evenly distributes heat from head to toe. Also, you get to sleep carefree because the blanket guarantees no discomfort or poking because of the wires. With an adjustable automatic shut-off from 1-10 hours, this plush electric blanket is truly what one deserves on winter nights for a sound sleep.
- 100% UL-certified
- Soft and premium-quality
- Advanced technology with 20 heat settings
- Adjustable automatic shut-offs
- Even heat distribution
- Ideal for bedroom, camping or carpet
- The blanket may have cold spots.
Those freezing winter evenings with coffee and a book is incomplete without an extra-warm electric throw. MP2 Heated Throw Electric Blanket is designed to deliver comfort in any corner of your home. With dual-side heating, this soft electric blanket is made with faux fur and 200GSM Berber on each side making it supremely soft and warm. Speaking of warm, the blanket is constructed with ultra-thin electrical wires that evenly distribute heat without making it feel bulky. Plus, its 3-level heat setting with an auto shut-off post 2 hours balances the temperature, thus minimizing the need of cranking up the heat!
- Light, extremely warm, and soft
- Low EMF radiation
- Easy to wash and dry on gentle cycle
- It’s made of faux fur and 200GSM Berber.
- It’s pricey
- There may be cold spots.
An electrical blanket that’s soft and safe enough for you to sleep carefree all night, the Tegici Electric Heated Blanket has only one mantra— “Stay Comfortable, Stay Warm”. A go-to for those who despise freezing fingers and toes even for a minute, this soft electric blanket heats up very quickly, has an advanced wiring system and 3-heat adjustable settings. Easy to maintain, it has an auto shut-off after 4 hours which means no-interruption sleep. Promising you a winter of a lifetime with its luxurious yet relaxing comforts, this electric throw blanket can be used post-winter too.
- Premium quality, soft, and warm
- Heats up immediately
- Advanced wiring system
- Easy to use, maintain, and wash
- Auto shut-off after 4 hours
- Overheating protection
- It’s small.
- It’s not warm enough for harsh winters.
Cuddle in with your partner on winter nights in one of the best electric twin blankets! Made of polyester, what makes this soft heat electric blanket special? It’s out-and-out therapeutic. Climbing into one feels more like a comforting spa than a blanket, it is that warm and cozy. With advanced thin electric wires insulated between the soft beddings, it has a digital controller that offers 10 heat settings and 10 hour auto shut off. Promising an ideal temperature balance for several hours, you can easily give your thermostat a break for the rest of the night. Also, it’s machine wash and dryer-safe.
- Ultra-soft with the comforts of a spa
- 10 hour auto shut-off
- It has a digital controller
- UL-certified and ETL-certified
- 10 hour auto shut off is not adjustable.
- It’s expensive.
Feel the heat, the coziest way with the Vremi Electric Blanket! This plush electric blanket is made of a breathable and ultra-soft micro-flannel fleece fabric to give you a gentle experience when the temperature drops. Also, it guarantees no cold spots, only uniform heating from head to toe. The blanket also has an LCD screen with 6 heat and 8 time settings and up to 4 hour auto shut-off. But what got our attention was the 10 feet-long detachable power cord which lets you enjoy the coziness of the blanket anywhere in the room.
- ETL-certified safety features
- Breathable and soft material
- Convenient remote control with LCD screen
- Power saving blanket with up to 4 hour auto shut-off
- Evenly heats all areas
- Hand, machine wash and dryer-safe
- Not safe for pets
Along with the freezing temperature, winter also brings along sore ankles and muscle aches! iTeknic Electric Blanket promises a therapeutic experience with its deluxe super-soft flannel sheet. It heats up within seconds, has a large LCD screen remote controller and 10-heat settings to pamper all your comfort needs in winter. An ideal gift option for the elderly or parents, it guarantees maximum comfort and is easy to use too. Being ETL-certified, this washable electric blanket prevents overheating and shuts off after 1-3 hours of use to save energy.
- Prevents overheating
- Saves energy; auto shut-off after 1-3 hours
- Durable and all-season blanket
- Double-sided coziness and optimal comfort
- It’s expensive
- There may be uneven heating spots
Behold, this king-size electric blanket for its optimal comfort and dual heat controller. With 10 hour auto shut-off after continuous use, it saves power and has 20-heat settings. Beautyrest Heated Electric Blanket is 100% micro-plush on the face side and 100% Sherpa on the reverse with insulated soft wires promising maximum warmth. Also, it has a secure comfort technology that eliminates electromagnetic emissions to give you a safe, protected, and comfortable experience throughout winter.
- Soft, light, and snuggle-worthy
- Evenly heats all areas
- Prevents electromagnetic emissions
- Divides into 2 zones with dual heat controller
- The wires are soft and flexible
- Easy maintenance
- The remote’s dim light may cause distress at night.
- It’s not durable.
Enjoy a therapeutic experience, now in the comforts of your home! This electric throw blanket has 4-therapeutic adjustable heat settings that can help calm the nerves and winter soreness. Offering dual-sided comfort, the blanket screams luxury as it’s made of premium quality micro-mink and Sherpa anti-pill material. With auto shut-off after 2 hours of continuous use, this power-saving electric throw blanket insulated with ultra-thin imperceptible wires is also machine wash-safe and easy-to-maintain.
- Therapeutic optimal comfort
- Luxurious, soft, and anti-pilling
- Power-saving blanket
- Insulated with soft, thin wires
- Easy-to-use remote controller
- It’s expensive.
Your blanket does not have to be bulky to give you a comfortable experience in winter! The Utopia Bedding Electric Blanket, for instance, despite being lightweight gives you the warmth of spring on a cold night. Sounds cozy? It even feels cozy for its soft micro-fleece bedding is made of 100% polyester offering supreme comfort. The blanket has undetectably thin wires, 4-heat settings, auto shut off after 10 hours and a dual-control heat feature to cater to everyone’s temperature needs. Also, the fabric will not shrink or stretch after a machine wash.
- Lightweight, soft, and comfort-inducing
- Ultra-thin wires
- Anti-shrink and premium quality polyester
- Optimal temperature level
- Easy-to-use and durable
- Divides into 2 zones with dual-control feature
- It takes time to warm up.
- The power cord is not long.
Blanket, but more like a warm hug! Wapaneus Electric Heated Blanket has got the fluff, softness, and warmth that everyone yearns for on freezing winter days. Use it as a blanket or as a gentle wrap at work, it offers extra comfort with flannel on top and Sherpa on the reverse to make you forget all the chills. Flexible with an extra-long power cord, it has an advanced wiring system that preheats the cold sheets, auto shuts-off after 3 hours of continuous use and has one button for 3-heat settings. Also, the blanket is ETL-certified with safety features like overheat and short-circuit protection.
- Optimal warmth and comfort
- Velveteen material guarantees soft touch
- Flexible and advance wiring system
- Power-saving and durable
- Hand and machine wash-safe
- It’s not dryer-safe.
- It may have cold spots.
Still confused which one to pick? No problem. Read on as we have answered a few important questions that may clear all your shopping dilemmas and help you pick one of the best electric blankets online.
How Do Electric Blankets Work?
Every electric heated blanket needs standard electricity to function. It has insulated wires installed safely from head-to-toe, to provide even heat distribution. All you have to do is plug it into an electrical socket, set the desired temperature and enjoy the optimal warmth it delivers.
What Are The Benefits of Electric Blankets?
The benefits are endless! But we’ll state the few important ones for you:
- It minimizes the use of a thermostat thus saving energy.
- It ensures optimum warmth, comfort, and protection during freezing temperatures.
- It offers a therapeutic experience.
- It lowers the need for laundry; yep, saves water too.
How To Choose The Right Electric Blanket?
Other than keeping you warm and cozy through winter, an electric blanket must have these additional features to elevate the whole experience:
- An adjustable heat setting that lets you maintain a comfort-inducing temperature during winter
- Dual heat control in large-sized blankets is a must. So, both you and your partner can enjoy the temperature as per your needs.
- Auto shut-off is another important feature to look out for.
- ETL-certified blankets are the safest options as they prevent overheating and risk of short-circuits.
- Choose a blanket with user-friendly controls and settings to avoid stressful experiences in the middle of the night.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can You Wash An Electric Blanket In The Washing Machine?
Mostly all electric blankets are machine wash-friendly. However, we’d still advise you check the manual before washing it in the machine or putting it in the dryer.
2. When Should I Replace My Electric Blanket?
Replace the electric blanket if you can feel the cold spots in several places which means it is not heating up evenly. Also, when the power cord malfunctions or if your blanket is overheating, stop using it immediately as it could be hazardous.
That’s all from us on the best electric blankets out there! Turn your winter into a snuggly-warm and happy season with the right blanket on your side. After all, nothing feels better than climbing into a warm bed on a freezing night. We hope this list of 13 best electric blankets help you find your perfect winter wrap. Which blanket from this list are you excited to try? Let us know in the comments below.