Give your best performance with our list of the best electric guitars. Electric guitars can be amplified, making them a better alternative to the acoustic variant. They produce sounds with the help of vibrating strings which get converted into electric signals. The signals are channeled into an amplifier which allows you to listen to sounds at a varying range.
Several options are available, making it challenging for you to choose the right guitar. So, go through the products and features to pick one that suits your needs.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Electric Guitars
1. Best For Beginners: RockJam 6 String Electric Guitar Pack RJEG02-SK-BB
RockJam offers a complete electric guitar kit curated, keeping the beginner in mind. It comprises a full-size guitar with a whammy bar and three single-coil pickups. The two-tone controls and independent master volume controls are the add-ons to the electric guitar. It includes a headphone jack that allows practicing without any disturbances. Watch this video of the product for more information.
- Ten-watt power
- Guitar strap accommodates various playing styles
- Includes guitar plectrums and spare strings
- Guitar bag for portability and protection
2. Best LightWeight: Ashtorpe Full-Size Cutaway Thinline Acoustic-Electric Guitar Package
The electric guitar is perfect for those learning music or advanced players. Offering high-sound quality, this electric guitar features standout projection, impressive tone and sonics. It is made using A-grade spruce wood, known for its versatility and resilience. Play different kinds of music and does not lose its tonal integrity. Go through this video review for a detailed understanding of the product.
- Includes guitar case, guitar cable, and shoulder strap
- Lightweight and portable design
- Two sets of phosphor bronze strings
- Chrome tuning pegs
- Thin, medium, and heavy celluloid picks
3. Best Vinatge-Style: Squier By Fender 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar 310203550
Made of wood, this is a comfortable and slim electric guitar having a C-shaped neck. This right-handed model is also available in the left-handed design. Designed to play different music styles, this versatile guitar is sculpted to give a vintage-style feel. It is loaded with dual single-coil Tele pickups, having three-way switching for different sonic varieties. Check out this video for a detailed review of the product.
- Satin neck finish
- Sealed die-cast tuning machines
- Six-saddle Tele bridge
- Has a 9.5-inch radius
- Designed for players of different stages
4. Best Ten-Watt Electra Guitar Amp: Epiphone Les Paul Electric Guitar Player Pack
It includes a Les Paul Special-II LTD guitar, featuring two classic hum bucket pickups and a ten-watt Electra guitar amp with a ten-feet guitar cable. The electric guitar includes free-to-download guitar lessons.
- Made using mahogany wood, maple and rosewood
- Tune-O-Matic bridge
- Headstock chromatic tuner
- Has medium picks
- Sturdy guitar strap
- Gig bag for easy carrying
5. Best For Right-Handers: Rise By Sawtooth Right Handed ¾ Size Beginner Electric Guitar Kit
Great for beginners, the electric guitar has a Basswood body with a maple neck. It is a complete kit comprising a ten-watt amp, guitar strap, gig bag, pitch pipe, guitar cable, and three pick samplers. You can enjoy your first lessons and practice sessions with your band with this electric guitar.
- Made of chrome hardware
- Maple Fretboard having dot inlays
- 24-inch scale length with a fixed bridge
- Right-handed design
6. Best For Advanced Learners: Ibanez 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar GRX70QATEB
Featuring medium frets, this is one of the most stylish solid body guitars. It has a beautifully quilted Maple art grain top. Designed for beginners and advanced learners, it offers the finest sounds, playability, and style in this class. It is a perfect blend of classic looks with an eye for detail.
- Made from treated New Zealand pine fingerboard
- High output Infinity R humbucker-pickups
- Five-way selector switch
- White dot inlays
- Slim Maple neck
7. Best With Basswood Body: Donner DLP-124G Solid Body Full-Size LP Electric Guitar Kit
Offering natural and vibrant sound, this is ideal for playing blues, rock-and-roll, and various other music. It has two classic humbucker pickups that offer a wide range of tones. It includes a guitar strap, gig bag and guitar cable.
- Has a volume knob
- 22 copper-nickel frets
- Three-way pickup switch
- Solid basswood body
- Canadian maple neck
- Laurelwood fingerboard
- Measures 39-inch long
8. Best For Kids: Fender Squier ¾ Size Kids Mini Start Electric Guitar
It is designed for kids between the ages 6 and 12 years. Featuring three single-coil pickups and five-way switching, this ¾-sized guitar comes with an amplifier, tuner, strap, cable, picks, and Fender Play online lessons. Lightweight and thin construction makes it easy to hold and play.
- C-shaped maple neck
- 20-fret fingerboard
- 75-inch scale length
- Vintage-style Stratocaster bridge
9. Best Easy to Hold: Ivy ILS-300 EGR Les Paul Solid-Body Electric Guitar
One of the best electric guitars made using a CNC machine with 3D computer programming. The strong fingerboard comes with good tapering, sounds, and shapes to enhance the guitar playing experience. Featuring a perfect neck, it is easy to hold the guitar.
- Tune-O-Matic bridge system
- Made using Mahogany wood
- Six electric guitar strings
- Has impeccable intonation
10. Best Durable: Glen Burton GE355-RDS Memphis Semi Hollow Body Electric Guitar
The exceptionally designed semi-hollow body guitar with a redburst finish makes it a beautiful piece. It features an aged Asian semi-hollow maple body, maple neck, Rosewood fretboard, and dual-chrome covered humbucker pickups. You can enjoy playing your favorite tunes on this sturdy and durable guitar.
- Double guitar bridge system
- Includes two-tone, two volume controls
- Three-way switch
- Includes die-cast Chrome
- Right-hand orientation
11. Best For Little Shredders: Jackson JS Series RR Minion JS1X Electric Guitar
Featuring a popular body, this electric guitar is an ideal pick for little shredders. It has an Amarnath fingerboard measuring 12-inch with 24 jumbo frets and exclusive sharkfin inlays. Other features include an angled neck plate with three-way blade switching and dual high-output humbucking pickups.
- Rear-angled headstock
- Jackson die-cast hardware
- Hardtail bridge and die-cast tuners
- Has 22.5-inch maple neck
- Backed with 45 days return policy
12. Best Easy to Play: Monoprice Indio Retro Classic Electric Guitar 610264
This is an easy-to-play guitar made of Basswood and an easy-to-hold satin neck. Featuring 22 frets and a large cavity, it allows changing pots or pickups to customize the guitar. It gives you the room to experiment with the tone.
- 5-inch scale
- Strings are made of nickel steel
- Has a radius of 9.5-inch
- Offers one-month free online guitar lessons
- Available in different styles and finishes
13. Best Rosewood Fingerboard: ESP LTD TL-6N Thinline Acoustic Electric Nylon String Guitar
Made of Mahogany wood and Basswood backside, this acoustic guitar comes with a rosewood fingerboard. It has a 25-inch scale and Thinline-6 nylon strings. Designed to offer well-balanced output, it is equipped with three-band EQ control, master control, onboard tuner, and phase switch for complete control.
- Graphtech Nubone XB saddle
- 22 jumbo frets
- Thin-U neck
- Unique F-hole
- Fishman TL-3 Preamp
14. Best For Travellers: SX Left Handed ¾ Size Beginner Electric Guitar Package
Convenient for traveling, this electric guitar is about two-inch narrower and three-inch shorter than a full-sized guitar. It is designed for left-handers and is available in different colors, including pink, red, white, black, and three tones.
- Dual cutaway for access to the highest frets
- Includes a guitar amp
- Includes a gig bag, cable, and strap
- Lightweight and portable design
15. Best Vintage Look: Cort CR250TBK Classic Rock Series Electric Guitar
End your search for great electric guitars with this exclusive rock series curated to deliver performance and vintage looks. It features a single-cutaway body having an arched flamed maple top. This classic guitar has strings made of nickel steel.
- Tune-O-Matic guitar bridge system
- 75-inch-long scale
- Two volume, two tones and three-way toggle
- Classic Rocker-II pickups
How To Choose The Right Electric Guitar?
Here are some important features to keep in mind while buying an electric guitar.
- Budget: Guitars are available in varying price ranges. Pick the one that falls within your budget.
- Type of guitar: Depending upon the style of music you wish to play, you can select from solid body, hollow or semi-hollow guitars.
- Aesthetics: With extensive choices of colors and styles, consider one depending on your style and liking.
- Dexterity: It is better to go with a guitar compatible for both left- and right-handed guitar players.
With extensive electric guitar choices, you get spoilt for choices and confused to buy the right one that can fit your needs. We have created a list of the best electric guitars to bring you the most versatile and popular electric guitars preferred by musicians and beginners.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have compiled this list of the best electric guitars based on extensive research on user reviews and product descriptions. We have also included a buying guide that offers information on the specifications, such as the required power, material, and durability, and the accessories such as guitar case, shoulder straps, and cables included in the package. These electric guitars will help you put on your best performance and develop your musical skills.
- Best Guitar Slides
- Best Electric Snow Blowers
- Best Bass Guitar Straps
- Best Self-Tanners For Sensitive Skin