Do you enjoy Chinese-style food and planning to make it at home? Well, the best electric hot pot can do it easily without you having to sweat over a stove. The pot is used for grilling meat and veggies and slow cook scrumptious stews. You can also steam food and opt for other healthier cooking methods, such as poaching. Hot pots are also a great way for cooking noodles and dumplings, shallow frying, grilling meat, and fish and fruits.
Here are some of our recommended electric hot pots available online. The post also gives some safety measures to follow when using the appliance and buying guide to help you choose the right product.
Safety Tips For Using A Hot Pot
The best thing about a hot pot is its versatility. But you should be aware of these safety tips when buying and using one.
- Don’t overfill it: It is vital that you know the maximum cooking capacity of the hot pot. Do not go beyond it, as it could result in water and food overflowing into the heating element.
- Be careful when pouring out liquid: Buy a hot pot with an inbuilt spout if you plan to use it for boiling water or noodles. If it does not have a spout, ensure you are pouring the hot pot’s contents into a wide vessel as this will reduce the chances of spilling.
- Do not allow it to boil dry: Boiling a hot pot when it is dry can result in the device overheating and becoming a fire hazard.
- Ensure food is heated until the boiling point: When cooking meat in a hotpot broth, you have to ensure that the pieces are thin, and the water is boiling to ensure it is cooked thoroughly.
Our Top Picks
The 13 Best Electric Hot Pots
This three-in-one hot pot functions as a slow cooker, a grill, and a steamer. You can use this indoors and still create food that tastes like it’s made on an outdoor barbecue grill. It is also perfect for cooking pot roasts and soups and is designed to be an attractive addition to a table. The hot pot also has a wide mouth and is ideally suited for use in a party setting where several guests can access the food with ease. Before buying, have a look at this video for more details. Before buying, have a look at this video for more details.
- Temperature control up to 450°F
- 10” grill and deep aluminum pot
- Designed to drain excess fat
- Heat-resistant exterior
- Durable glass lid
- Pot can be easily cleaned in a dishwasher
- Black, rust-like residue in the hot pot
- Shuts down suddenly and repeatedly
This is a handy and compact electric hot pot and a good choice for a college dorm room. It can be used for warming canned food and cooking oatmeal and noodles. The great thing about the hot pot is that it is ideal for cooking small meals for an individual or two, and its spout allows for boiling water for tea and coffee too.
- Large-capacity hot pot
- Knob for adjusting the heat
- Heats up faster than a microwave
- Nonstick coating on the interior
- One-year warranty
- Exterior and lid get very hot
- Steam could scald the hands of the person holding the handle.
This electric hot pot cooker has a capacity of 32oz/1l. Its usual hotpot design makes it an ideal choice to cook soups, steam vegetables, or boil eggs in your kitchenette. The lid can be removed easily and provides easy access to the interior when cooking. The spout is designed to minimize spilling when the hot pot is being emptied.
- Steaming and egg cooker racks included
- Temperature control knob
- Nonstick coating for easy cleaning
- Cool-touch handle
- Power indicator and pop-up lid
- Heating plate turns brown
- Leaks water
This large electric hot pot stove has an internal divider and a capacity of five liters. It is perfectly sized for cooking hotpot broth for a family of five. It has an elegant design, with excellent power draw and a durable welded internal divider for incredible functionality to cook two dishes at the same time. Watch this video to know more about the product.
- 1500W power draw allows for faster heating
- Anti-skid feet minimize accidents
- Internal divider for creating two dishes
- Glass lid allows for easy visualization
- Heat-proof handle and temperature knob
- Very noisy when in operation
- Tends to leak
This is the best electric hot pot if you are looking for a versatile appliance for a small kitchen, an RV, or a college dorm room. It has a 1500W power draw and is a perfect option for cooking rice and pasta. The hot pot is ideal when cooking for one or two people, and it boils water at a faster pace when compared to a stovetop. The spout also allows for water or soup to be poured easily.
- Compact and trendy hot pot
- 1.2l capacity is ideal for two people
- Easy-to-use temperature knob
- Indicator light
- Heat-proof handle
- Not easy to clean
This one from Topwit stands out among electric hot pots as it is versatile and comes with an egg holder. It is a great thing to have in a small kitchen or college room where there is no space for a traditional stovetop. It comes with dual power settings ranging between 200W and 600W, to make your hot pot experience comfortable.
- Dual, selectable power supply
- Detachable base
- Easy-to-clean steel interior
- Heat-proof exterior remains cool to touch
- Durable glass cover
- Overheating/ dry boiling protection
- Glass lid could break easily
- Tends to turn off abruptly sometimes
This is a small electric hot pot that can be used in a kitchen or on a dining table when you are cooking a Chinese-style broth. The hot pot has a durable build and can be used for easy steaming and grilling. This stainless steel electric hot pot utilizes energy efficiently and cooks food quickly. You can also easily check the food through the glass lid and ensure the water does not dry out.
- Temperature control knob
- Indicator light
- Durable steel build
- Grill, steam rack, and strainer included
- Sturdy glass lid
- East-to-clean interior
- Does not heat up to a high temperature
- Shuts down repeatedly
This mini electric hot pot is a perfect option for people who don’t have access to a stovetop. Despite its limited cooking capacity, it can be used to make tasty dishes and boil eggs. With an ergonomic design, this hot pot is easy to handle. It also has a hole in the good-quality glass lid, which allows excess steam to escape, and this keeps your fingers from scalding when you open it.
- Rack for supporting eggs
- Durable 304 stainless steel pot
- Removable electrical cord
- Slow/fast cooking switch
- Heat-resistant PP handle/lid
- Sturdy tempered glass lid
- Lightweight base may not be sturdy
- Interior stains easily
- Hard-to-detach interior pot
This elegantly designed hot pot is the right size for a kitchenette, a college room, or an RV when camping and has a capacity of 1.5l. It can be used to sauté meat and boil pasta, rice, or eggs. The hot pot’s coating allows for less oil usage when cooking, making it one of the great options available in the market to make healthy and nutritious meals.
- Egg rack and silicone spatula
- Non-stick coating on the interior pan
- Protection against overheating or boiling dry
- Low and high temperature-control settings
- Long handle with ergonomic design
- Detachable power cord
- Uneven interior surface
- Difficult to insert the power cord into the handle
- Handle makes the hot pot unsteady
This electric hot pot is a great pick for its incredible functionality. It comes with a silicone brush and tongs and is perfect if you are hosting a medium-sized dinner gathering with an Asian touch. The hot pot also has a design and technology that allow for easy cleaning. It can, therefore, be immersed completely into the water in a sink to ensure that oil and food residue is removed.
- Free of BPA/PFOA
- Hotpot and grill can be used concurrently
- Grease trap provided
- Separate BBQ and hotpot controls
- Non-stick cooking surface can be easily cleaned
- Frequently cuts off
- No adapter included
This stainless steel electric hot pot is a nice option for a college dorm room. It has a maximum capacity of one liter and is an excellent choice if you cannot purchase a Liven Electric Hot Pot. It has an elegant design and fashionable pink hue that makes it a great pick if you want to add a dash of color to the room décor. It consumes 600W of power and comes in handy when you are traveling alone.
- High/low-temperature control
- Good-quality stainless steel interior
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Heat-resistant handle
- Glass cover provides good visibility
- Egg steaming rack included
- Difficult to pour water out of the hot pout
- Handle tends to break easily
- Hard to clean and maintain
This is an incredible electric hot pot that can be folded down for easy transportation. The mini electric hot pot is made of durable silicone that is safe for cooking and can be used when traveling worldwide. It also comes with a handy plug that allows for the hot pot to be used with different electrical sockets that are employed in Australia, the United Kingdom, and Europe.
- Conversion plug allows for use anywhere in the world
- Detachable power cord
- Temperature control knob
- Durable food-grade steel bottom
- Lightweight and collapsible
- Cooks very slow
- Instructions are not clear
If you are looking for great options in divided hot pots, look at this one that caters to around eight people. The best part is that the hot pot can be used on its own or along with the barbeque plate that comes with it. With its striking design, this incredible electric hot pot captures your attention and has the right size for hosting a party that features Chinese dishes and hotpot broth with meat or vegetables.
- 2-1 barbeque and hotpot function
- Separate BBQ/hotpot temperature controls
- Five-position temperature knob
- Nonstick coating on cooking surfaces
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Durable body and glass lid
- Drip tray collects excess oil
- Two-meter long power cable
- Gets too hot and is a fire hazard
- Temperature control does not work properly
How To Choose The Right Electrical Hot Pot For Your Needs?
Choosing the best electric hot pots does not have to be complicated if you follow these tips.
- Check the maximum capacity of the hot pot. Ensure that the hot pot has a capacity that suits your needs, as some are designed for one person, and others are suitable for large families.
- Find a hot pot with a divider if you want a versatile option. A hot pot with a divider will allow you to cook two curries, soups, or stews in one go, and is ideal if you want to save time when cooking.
- Check the temperature control. All hot pots do not have the same temperature controls. If you want to use it for steaming, boiling, grilling, and slow cooking, check if the temperature knob can be adjusted.
- Pick a wide pot if you want to use it for a party: If you plan to use the hot pot for serving at parties, pick a wider and shallow hot pot that allows people to access food easily.
- Ensure the exterior and handles are heat-resistant and durable. The exterior of the hot pot should be made of durable, heat-resistant materials. This will keep the exterior from heating up and keep the handles from breaking easily.
Electric hot pots allow you to cook with ease when traveling, camping, or at college, where you do not have access to a stove or oven. Picking the right electric hot pot cooker for your home or college room will allow you to make tasty dishes with vegetables and meat that are steamed, boiled, or grilled to perfection.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is a writer who is passionate about presenting well-researched recommendations related to household products and kitchenware. She has curated this list of the best electric hot pots based on user reviews and product features to help you choose the right one. She has also included a buying guide with the required information. These hot pots will help you cook easily using various methods, such as grilling, steaming, and slow cooking.
Electric hot pots are an efficient cooking companion if you enjoy Chinese food and love traveling or camping. Whether you are a student staying away from home or an adventure junkie hoping to streamline your meal plans, the hot pots listed above will help you grill meat and veggies while slow-cooking delicious stews. While choosing one, make sure to check the maximum capacity and pick something versatile, heat-resistant, and durable. Steam, boil, or grill veggies and meat to perfection regardless of where you are with this handy kitchen accessory.
- Best Small Kitchen Appliances
- Best Bacon Cookers
- Best Water Boilers And Warmers
- Best Pasta Pots For Easy Cooking