A good, advanced kettle can take no more than ten minutes to boil water, depending upon its capacity. Considering various beverages that require cooking at different temperatures, using a microwave or stove may alter the final taste. However, an electric kettle does not alter the taste and maintains consistency. They are highly energy-efficient in comparison to other appliances. Operating at a higher wattage, they offer quick results and save you from electricity bills.
Here, we have shortlisted some of the best electric kettles in India that are sturdy, safe, versatile, and durable.
Electric Kettle Safety Tips
Here are some do’s and don’ts to follow while using an electric kettle.
- Keep the kettle clean: It will allow better functioning for the long term as it increases the shelf life of the appliance, leading to efficient performance. Also, regular cleaning removes limescale to keep the device safe.
- Boil required amount: Take only the necessary amount of water for boiling. This will keep the kettle operative and will prevent overloading. The heating element will also last longer.
- Follow the guidelines: Every kettle is different from the other and comes with a specific set of guidelines mentioned by the company. You should follow the rules outlined by the seller to prevent damage.
- Do not run an empty kettle: Running an empty kettle can create hazards, and the impact will be adverse. It may also decrease the life of the heating element.
- Don’t store water in the kettle: Storing water can lead to the buildup of limescale that will ultimately decrease the performance.
11 Best Electric Kettles In India
The 1.7-litre Prestige electric kettle has a concealed element and a detachable power base. Made from stainless steel and qualitative plastic, it operates at 230V and 1500W. It also has dry boil protection. The kettle has an automatic cut-off functionality. It has a wide mouth to support easy cleaning.
- Completely removable lid
- Multipurpose kettle
- Works efficiently
- Single-touch lid-locking system
- Body may get hot
- Screws may rust soon
- Could be difficult to open the lid
The Havells electric tea kettle comes in a 1.2-liter capacity and has an auto shut-off function. It is made with 304 stainless steel, and the wide mouth allows easy cleaning, pouring, and filling. The kettle comes with a cord that is 1-1.5 feet long.
- Made of excellent quality material
- Looks elegant and attractive
- Does not take longer time to boil water
- Wire is short
- Outer body may heat sometimes
- Does not have a detachable filter
With a 360° rotating body, this Kent water heating kettle comes with a detachable power base. It is integrated with boil drying and protection against overheating. The body is made from borosilicate glass and has a concealed heating element. Additionally, you get auto switch-off for overheating, light indicator, water indicator, and an ergonomic handle. This kettle operates on 1500W/220-240V power.
- Looks attractive
- Strong and durable
- Power cord might be short
- Replacement parts are not easily available
- Could be extremely bulky
Philips electric kettle is made from food-grade stainless steel. This electric water kettle has a wide opening for easy cleaning and pouring. It is integrated with a steam sensor, overheating and dry boiling protection. To prevent scalding, this kettle offers a one-touch spring lid. It has a 360° cordless pirouette base that makes handling easier. This kettle runs on 220V and 1800W of power.
- Shockproof body
- Durable and sturdy
- Easy to use and clean
- May not be travel-friendly
- Cord is smaller in length
- Could be heavier
The kettle has a one-liter capacity and is made from a stainless steel body and black PP enclosure. It comes with a neon indicator for heating. The appliance is also safeguarded with dry boil protection and overheat protection. You can use it for single and multi serves. Its multipurpose factor makes it a perfect fit for boiling water and eggs and cooking rice, pasta, noodles, oats, corn, tea, and coffee. Running on 1200Wpower, it has a concealed heating element and a 360° connector with a detachable base.
- Easy to clean
- Can fry small quantities
- Takes approximately two minutes to boil one-liter water
- Manual and automatic switch-off
- May not be travel-friendly
- Could be difficult to lift
Running on 1200W of power, this one-litre electric kettle has a concealed heating element. It comes with cordless operation and an auto shut-off feature. The water level indicator keeps you updated with the limit. It also has an easy-pour spout and a 360° swivel base. The on/off switch further enhances the look of this appliance.
- Adequate material quality
- Compact size
- Cordless operation
- May have to press multiple times to open the lid
- Could be difficult to clean
Manufactured from stainless steel, this water kettle comes with a spout filter type. It is integrated with dry boil protection and an auto-cut-off facility. Its ergonomically designed handles and convenient grip help prevent unnecessary slipping and accidents. With a one-meter-long cord, this 1.5-liter appliance works on 1500Wand 220-240V power. Not just for boiling water, you can also prepare instant tea.
- 360° swivel base
- Stainless steel body
- Small in size and easy to store
- High-quality thermostat control
- No water level indicator
- Power cable is short
- Plastic lid is flimsier
The Kitchoff kettle has a power indicator light that lights up when it begins to boil and automatically shuts off after boiling. It features a 360° cordless base, overheat protection, and SS LID. It has a 1.8-liter capacity and is made of high-grade stainless steel. The hinged lid keeps the heat inside and increases the boiling speed.
- Takes two to five minutes to boil
- The automatic cut off function works well
- Qualitative steel
- Premium ABS plastic handle
- May not be suitable for boiling milk
- Coil may not work properly
Made from 100% 304 food-grade stainless steel, this electric kettle has a double wall to ensure quicker boiling and longer warmth. This appliance is built with a heat-resistant handle and an anti-slip grip, decreasing the chances of sudden slipping. The cordless technology enables hassle-free pouring, and the kettle runs on 1500W and 22V.
- Pure copper power cord
- Qualitative manufacturing material
- Simple and efficient functioning
- 360° rotational glass body
- May not have a measuring scale
- May not be appropriate for other liquids other than water
- Body may get hot quickly
With a 1.2-liter capacity, this specific cordless electric kettle is adequate to fulfill daily requirements. It also has an auto-stop option and 360° swivel base along with indicator light. The heating element is concealed with an aluminum and stainless steel die-cast body. It has an elegant handle and a single-touch lid locking. To run efficiently, this kettle requires 1350W of power.
- Automatic functionality
- Automatically cuts off after two minutes
- Made of durable material
- Overheating safety protection
- Easy to clean
- Coil may not be durable
- May not be appropriate for traveling
- Cannot be used for anything else than water
The Morphy Richards electric kettle features a concealed heating element, auto cut-off, dry boil protection, and a detachable base. Comprising the power cord, allowing a 360° movement. It has a one-liter capacity and runs on 1200W and 230V power.
- Multipurpose kettle
- Inner side of the lid is made of metal
- Efficient and easy to use
- May not be convenient for traveling
- May not boil properly
- May turn off automatically within two to three minutes
How To Choose The Right Electric Kettle?
Here are some factors to consider to choose the best electric kettle.
- Boiling speed: Generally, kettles take no more than eight to nine minutes. Choose a kettle that boils water quickly and offers optimal performance.
- Weight and capacity: Do not buy a kettle that is too heavy or too light. Also, in terms of power, keep your daily requirements in mind. If you don’t boil enough water daily, you can choose a kettle of one-liter capacity.
- Ease of use: No appliance should be difficult to use. Consider cord length, auto-shut-off, handy options, and more when buying an electric kettle.
Electric kettles come with simple manufacturing and design. From boiling water to cooking rice, you can have different options to buy. Choose one of the best electric kettles by keeping the above factors in mind.
Electric kettles are a useful addition to your kitchenware. They heat quickly, maintain consistency in taste, and help conserve energy. From boiling water to cooking rice, electric kettles make a lot of operations easy and convenient. While buying, make sure to check the weight, capacity, boiling speed, and ease of use. Also, read through the product manual and be aware of safety tips before operating your new kettle. Besides, keep the kettle clean and boil only the required amount of water to ensure your safety.
- Best Mattresses For Scoliosis
- Best Board Games In India
- Best Breast Pumps In India
- Best Cloth Diapers In India