Electric knives are time-saving tools that can help you cut through the toughest of meats, bones, and craft accessories without pressure. These knives have a powerful motor embedded into their handle and a blade that moves in a predetermined motion. The high torque of these knives enables them to pierce through bones and provide thin, uniformed slices when needed.
Here we have listed the best electric knives and a buying guide.
Safety Measures To Take While Using An Electric Knife
Following are some safety precautions you should follow while using an electric knife.
- Purchase a model that has safety features, such as a safety lock, a blade release button, and a comfortable grip
- The handle should not slip from your hand. Avoid using an electric knife with greasy hands
- Check the handle before using the blade and know if you have a comfortable grip
- Keep a running blade away from other utensils
- Never place your hand near or over the blade
- Always dismantle and cover the blade after use
- Keep the power off when, not in use
11 Best Electric Knives
You can boost up your culinary skills with this electric knife by Cuisinart. It features sharp blades that can cut through tender foods, such as meat and bread, with ease. The serrated cutting edges don’t require frequent sharpening. They work with precision, and the speed of the motorized handles aids in quick and comfortable cuts. Cleaning this knife is not difficult as it is easy to separate the blades from the handle.
- Has a five-foot cord for unrestricted movement
- Easy operation
- Ergonomic handle comfortable for right- and left-handers
- Handle may not be of a durable material
The Hamilton electric knife lets you carve meat precisely into thin and equal cuts. It features reciprocating serrated edges for cutting soft tomatoes and foamy bread loaves. With a simple push, you can turn on the ergonomic electric handle to use it with either hand.
- Includes a dishwasher-safe fork
- Has a storage box
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Can also be used as a foam cutter
- Handle size may be relatively small
The Black Decker electric knife’s key feature is its safety lock button that prevents the knife from turning on while it is plugged in. Serrated edges of the blades reduce tedious efforts of piercing through soft foods such as meat, bread and tomatoes. The handle lightweight and offers a firm grip.
- Blade release button unlocks the blades easily
- Easy to clean and operate
- Dishwasher-safe blade
- Handle features a non-slip tab
- May vibrate a lot during usage
With a lightweight and comfortable construction, the Proctor electric carving knife has a trigger switch for easy operation. It is a great tool for cutting foams. The reciprocating serrated blades vibrate to provide a smooth, clear, and accurate meat cut. The easy touch button prevents accidental cuts while turning it on.
- Can slice through soft foods effortlessly
- Stainless steel and durable blades
- Comfortable and ergonomic handle
- Blade doesn’t require much sharpening
- Handle may get hot when overused
If you searching for a power knife to cut a whole fish at home, then this rechargeable electric knife by Bubba could help. With its high strength, it cuts through bones. The handle has a non-slip grip with an additional lock system and a trigger button. The set consists of seven-inch and nine-inch E-stiff blades and nine-inch and 12-inch E-flex blades. It is lightweight and easy to operate.
- Supports unrestricted movement
- Offers high torque
- Durable stainless-steel blades coated with titanium nitride
- Includes an EVA case for portability
- Batteries may require constant recharging
The Mister Twister can easily cut and slice through fishes by using a 120V AC power. It also provides high torque to cut through thin fish bones from many angles. The ergonomically designed handles reduce wrist fatigue while cutting through bones.
- Consumes less power
- Can also be used to carve other meats
- Includes heavy-duty gear
- Serrated blade requires less sharpening
- Includes a safety lock
- Handle may get hot when overused
The Nutrichef electric knife features a stylish wooden board that folds flat for storage. It has an ergonomically designed handle with two blades, one for meat carving and the other for foamy foods, such as bread and cake. With the use of the non-sawing slicing method, it can make consistent slices.
- Safety lock feature prevents any fatal accidents
- Doesn’t need pressure
- Durable stainless-steel blades
- Can also be used on soft vegetables
- May not be dishwasher-safe
- Blades might require sharpening
The Rapala electric knife features a comfortable handle to reduce wrist fatigue while cutting through bones. Its 7½-inch reciprocating style blade is ideal for filleting. The heavy-duty motor offers low noise and is long-lasting. With its high control power, you can carve through the ribs of large fishes with ease.
- Easy to operate and control
- Airflow design reduces overheating of the motor
- Consumes less power
- High-quality and durable construction
- Contains a safety button
- Might be heavier
- May not give even cuts
The Elite electric knife’s sharp grooves can cut tender meat and soft bread without any mess. An easy-to-operate trigger button controls the two durable and firmly attached stainless-steel blades. The blades move in a to-and-fro motion that aids in quick and efficient carving of any meat. They are sleek, smooth-functioning, and allow precision slicing.
- Can also be used to slice cheese and cut foam
- Extraction of the blade from the handle is easy
- Lightweight and portable design
- Consumes less power
- Operational button may be hard to reach
The Chefman electric knife can cut and chop meats, tomatoes, melons, etc. It features a handle with a one-touch operational button and safety lock to prevent any fatal accidents. The stainless-steel blades measure eight-inch each and have serrated edges. It includes a mini-carving fork for assisting in precise cuts during meat carvings.
- Features an ergonomic handle suitable for right- and left-handers
- Can be used on soft foods
- Inlcudes a storage case
- Might be heavy
- Dual blades may separate while unlocking
The Classic Cuisine’s electric carving knife features a sleek handle with a comfortable grip. The set includes two serrated stainless-steel blades attached to the handle by a simple press of the eject button. It is lightweight and accompanies a cutting board.
- Offers precise cuts
- Easy to operate and clean
- Long cord helps in unrestricted movement
- Blades may get separated with frequent use
How To Choose The Right Electric Knife?
Here are few features to consider while buying an electric knife.
- Blade features: Make sure to check the manufacturer’s manual and find a blade suitable to your culinary or craft needs. Dual-blades have two blades intertwined with each other. They work in a criss-cross motion to cut through and are more efficient than single-blade models.
- Blade sharpness: The electric blade for carving meat, chopping vegetables, or wooden cutting boards should have sharp blades. Prefer blades having serrated edges as they require less sharpening. The dual-twined blades tend to pierce through items smoothly. Look for products that offer replaceable blades.
- Durability: Prefer stainless steel blades that are highly durable, rustproof and lightweight.
- Maintenance: Some knives require hand wash while most are dishwasher safe. Check the manufacturer’s information for this factor.
- Power source: An electric knife can be corded or cordless. Cordless knives are powered by rechargeable batteries. If you are looking for a knife for your fishing trips, choose a cordless knife as it is difficult to find a power supply on a boat.
- Safety features: Look for electric knives with safety triggers and lock features to avoid any fatal injuries.
- Handle: The electric knife handle has a built-in motor. Check for customer reviews to know if the setup gets heated up after prolonged usage. Also, note if the handle is ergonomic to prevent wrist fatigue.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to sharpen the blades of an electric knife?
It will depend on the type of blade. Most electric knives have serrated edges that stay sharp for a longer time. But if you feel the blade requires sharpening, you can do it as needed.
2. How do I clean an electric knife?
Check if the electric knife requires hand wash or if it is dishwasher-safe. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for this factor. The blade must be washed as instructed. No matter the type you choose to wash, remember not to immerse the handle in water, as it contains the motor. You can clean the handle with a damp cloth after use and store it dry.
The above list of electric knives are suitable for different needs; carving meat, chopping vegetables or cutting through bread or foam. Choose an electric based on your frequency of usage. If you use it often, it is better to invest in a good brand. Always remember to check the customer reviews to know more about your chosen knife.