We have been using pressure cookers for years, and they have become an essential appliance in kitchens to cook a variety of items. Invented in the seventeenth century, pressure cookers work on the Ideal Gas Law principle and have made our lives easier. While some are to be used on stovetops, others are electric pressure cookers that run on electricity.
Also called instant pots, they have gained a lot of attention from amateur and professional cooks. Be it lentil soup, gravies, or rice dishes, instant pots can make your work easier.Here, we have compiled a list of some of the best electric pressure cookers so you can choose one suiting your needs.
15 Best Electric Pressure Cookers
The multi-cooker Instant Pot has 14 one-touch options and works on third-generation technology, including microprocessors, to manage various functions. It can monitor the pressure, time, and heat intensity while your food is cooking. You can make multiple recipes in the cooker,from soups, rice, multigrain, lentils, pasta, tosoya. It cooks your meals fast and saves time, and even serves as a yogurt maker. The pressure cooker is available in three, six, and eight-quartsizes.
- Digital timer on the cooker looks great
- Has an air fryer lid
- Delay start can be set for up to 24 hours
- Keeps the food warm for a long time
- Built-in safety features
- Suitable large families
- Doesn’t havean easy-grip
- Doesn’t have a cooking progress indicator
- Lid may not cool quickly
Ninja pressure cooker is made of sturdy steel to last long. It has different modes, including slow-cook, air fry, air-crisp, dehydrate, steam, yogurt, sauté, and roast. The cooking pot is ceramic-coated to keep food fresh for a long time. It has a lid, 14 safety features, and a non-stick basket to make fries or other delicious snacks.
- Eight quarts capacity
- Nine functions handled with a touch button
- Ideal for the entire family
- Cooks 70% faster than the traditional cookers
- Easy to use and clean
- Locks the juices of the food inside to attain good flavor
- 45 recipes guide included
- Doesn’t have a travel-friendly design
- Could be bulky
Made of aluminum, stainless steel, and plastic, the Power Pressure electric cooker weighs 8.7lb. It has a ten quarts capacity,ideal for cooking food for large families.The pressure cooker has a three-tier rack, a steamer basket, and an inner pot. All of these can be operated using touch controls that are smooth and easy to handle. It leverages 1700w of power to tender, soften, cook, and steam the ingredients to make your favorite delicacies perfectly.You can use it for pot roasting and moisturizing food too.
- Detachable pot
- Airtight locks for safety
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Keeps the fiber, nutrients, and vitamins intact
- Features steam release option
- Digital display panel included
- Teflon coating on the cookware may wear off
Do you want to cook two dishes at once? The Mueller’s pressure cooker is a German-engineered machine with a bonus stainless steel steamer basket that lets you steam cook another dish on the side. It is made of PFOA and PTFE-free material to keep your food safe. The cooker locks in the flavors and nutrients of the food inside.
- 15 preset smart programs
- Cooking duration can be manually adjusted
- Single control panel for quick controls
- High-quality rubber seals prevent damage
- Comes with an extra silicone gasket, ladle, and a measuring cup
- Inner pot made of food-grade 304ss with no chemical coatings
- Eight safety mechanisms
- Could be heavy
- Lid could be difficult to clean
The Cosori electric pressure cooker has one pot with six cooking functions. It can be used to make vegetables, rice, seafood, beans, beef, and poultry. The advanced steam technology, unlock indicator, 16 smart programs, and three adjustable temperatures make cooking easy, quick, and hassle-free.
- Micro limit switch protection
- Digital FC readings
- Three-ply stainless steelbottom
- Bright LED display for easy operation
- Lid made of tempered glass
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Three exclusive modes: hot pot, pasta, and sauté/brown
- Comes with extra silicone ring for controlled lid function
- Water spill in the base may disrupt the functioning
The big-sized pressure cooker with a 14 quarts capacity from Gowise can cook food for the entire family without any hassle. With the press of a few buttons, you can handle different operations, including cooking, steaming, and warming. From cooking multigrain,soup,porridge,to egg making, it does all. It has a built-in 24-hour delay timer to pre-plan the meals and comes with a rice spoon and a measuring cup. The electric pressure cooker is12in in diameter and 8.5in deep enough to cook meals for a big family.
- Auto-warm feature
- Heats up and cooks food faster Digital display included
- Supports healthy cooking by locking the nutrients and flavor
- Ceramic-coated pot for easy cleaning and non-stick surface
- Closes with a ‘click’ sound
- Recipe plans are included
- May have a fragile cord
The Presto stainless steel cooker has an automatic pump to preserve the flavors and the nutrients. You can cook a range of items, including meat, fish, chicken, vegetables, rice, and grains in this cooker. It can cook six quarts of food that is sufficient for a small-sized family.
- Automatic modes for easy cooking
- 19 programmed instructions for multiple operations
- High-speed cooking
- Eight built-in safety features
- Can easily adjust between ‘high’ or ‘low’ pressure modes
- Time delay setting is not available
The eight-in-one mufti-function pressure cooker has a built-in microprocessor to manage the control functions smoothly. It prepares aromatic food by locking in the juices. This cooker is easy to fix, use, and store and makes cooking easy and fun. The cooker has a sturdy arm handle that you can comfortably hold. It has a warm steam release, and the food stays warm even after a long time.
- Cooks 70% faster than stovetop cooking
- Flavor infusion technology
- Functional digital display on the control panel
- Quality locks for safety
- Removable lid included
- Manages multiple modes, including a slow cooker, rice cooker, canning, steamer, and warmer
- Has a steam tray and a canning rack
- Cleaning the lid couldbe difficult
Available in three different sizes,Zavor’s pressure cooker is an ideal vessel to cook various delicious meals. It has 33 programmable settings to prepare food for your entire family quickly. You can prepare different items in the same pot conveniently and use its various sections for roasting or frying separately. The eight quarts cooker works on 1300w power efficiently,adheres to all the safety and regulations, and comes with a user manual.
- Noiseless operation
- Doesn’t open if there’s pressure
- Food stays warm for a long time
- Supports yogurt preparation
- Interactive and easy to operate LCD screen
- Cookbook included for beginners
- Stainless steel cooking pot made offood-grade material
- Safety features include pressure regulator, automatic locking, and panel lock
- LCD attached to a thin frame
- Should behandled with care
With as many as 16 programmable settings,Luby’s pressure cooker is easy to operate to cook different meals. It is available in a bright red color and has a control panel on the front with various recipe options. Besides slow cooking,the cooker can be used for steaming, sauteing, roasting, and frying. Whether you are craving simple food like soup or main gravies like meat, the cooker can make everything for you.
- High-pressure infusion cooking for faster results
- Has safety exhaust valve
- Pressure release push button allows cooling faster
- Keeps food warm and fresh for long
- One-pot cooking style
- Can make yogurt
- 24-hour delay start function
- Smooth knob control
- Pressure can be set manually and automatically
- Could be bulky and not portable
The seven-in-one multi function cooker from Bsty is designed to cook different dishes with the right pressure. It has an airtight locking mechanism to seal the ingredients and flavor. The control panel of the appliance helps monitor the pressure, temperature, and time and automatically adjusts the heating capacity to suit your food requirements. The cooker is made of food-grade stainless steel to keep your food safe and warm for a long.
- Slow cooking mode available
- Ideal for six or eight people
- Clean digital display
- Built-in safety features
- 13 one-touch cook programs
- Easy to clean and use
- Adjustable six pressure settings
- May not be useful for grilling or roasting
The Moosoo electric cooker appliance has a time delay function that can be set to pre-plan your meal. It comes with a large blue LCD screen to show different parameters, including pressure, temperature, delay, sear, and time. You can select the program using the dial or a button. It also has indicators to show the cooking progress and a steam release vent with close lid detection to manage the pressure.
- Automatic temperature control
- Exclusive warning for high temperature
- Protects the appliance against extra pressure
- Can be used to make yogurt
- Enables slow cooking, sauteing, sterilizing, and warming
- All components made of food-grade stainless steel
- Uses less oil for cooking
- Presetting the cooker may not be easy
Made of aluminum, the Cuckoo electric pressure cooker can accomodate 5.3 quarts of food. It functions on 1100w and has15 in-built programs to help you cook several items, including meat, chicken, rice, and lentils. The cooker also has 12 safety features, including a lid-locking device, magnetic safety sensor, and pressure control device to make your cooking flawless. Its steam release mechanism is unique, thereby making the appliance useful and versatile.
- LCD on the front
- Quietly discharges the steam without making noise
- Automatically switches to warm mode
- Maintains flavor and nutrients
- Multi-cook functions available
- Easy-touch controls
- May not be durable
Whether you want to steam, sauté, sterilize, warm, or slow cook, this all-in-one electric cooker from Moosoo is what you need. It can accommodate six quarts of food,suitable for a small or mid-size family. The 12 modes allow cooking in different states to attain aunique taste. Its control panel in the center is easy to use and manage and has a digital display to show the time.
- Measuring cup, rice scoop, silicone pad, and silicone gloves included
- Stainless steel inner pot
- Safety protection features are active
- Cooks 70% faster than other traditional cooking
- Anti-scalding handle
- Recipe book included
- May not be suitable for a large family
Want to reduce the cooking time? The Rozmoz pressure cooker is a useful add-on to your kitchen for smart cooking. Its all-in-one function works better than conventional cooking methods. The cooker retains the minerals and other nutrients of the food and keeps it warm and fresh for a long time. The additional accessories make it a versatile appliance to prepare basic to special dishes, ranging from soup to curries without any hassle.
- Soup ladle, gloves, and sealing ring included
- Safety certified for perfect cooking
- Can be used to make cakes and yogurts
- Useful for sauteing and sterilizing
- Pressure regulator protection and excess pressure protection for safe operation
- Lid lock and safety indicator included
- Has an attractive LCD screen
- Comes with a recipe book
- Doesn’t have high and low-pressure control setting
How Do Electric Pressure Cookers Work?
We know that the pressure and boiling point of water are directly proportional. A high boiling point for liquids can retain and transfer more heat. To cook food faster and flawlessly, it is essential to boil water at higher temperatures and build pressure for balanced cooking.
With an increased pressure inside the cooking chamber, the pressure cooker pushes the water boiling point up to 120° C, thus transferring more heat to the food in less time. This process speeds up the cooking time.
An electric pressure cooker also achieves the same thing but through electric heating. It has three main components.
- Cooking pot is the inner pot where the food is cooked. You should keep it clean as a greasy pot can delay the cooking process and cause hygiene issues.
- Cooking base is essentially a heating element controlled via a microprocessor, which regulates the heat and puts pressure inside the cooking pot.
- Lid is a food-grade stainless steel lockable cover that maintains the pressure inside the cooking pot. A secure lid increases the pressure to the optimum level,increasing the boiling point of water and speeding up the process. Inbuilt safety valves are essential as they release pressure and prevent the cooker from exploding.
How To Choose The Right Electric Pressure Cooker?
The right electric pressure cooker is the right combination of size, functionality, and power requirement. You should choose an electric cooker based on the number of portions cooked and the kind of items you cook. Here are a few major points to keep in mind when looking for the best one.
- Capacity: The cooking pot’s size is measured in quarts. The bigger quart cookers can serve more portions. As a rule of thumb, a three-quart cooker is ideal for one or two people, while an eight-quart cooker would be suitable for at least six.
- Modes: Many cookers come with various modes that regulate pressure specific to food being cooked. Cookers come with different modes for rice dishes, yogurt, cake, gravies, and egg. A slow cooking mode is also an option, which can be useful for some meat dishes.
- Safety valves: These valves vent out the pressure due to an error or when the pressure goes unregulated. It is advised to go for cookers with a suitable safety valve.
- Delayed start:The programmable timer cooks food and keeps it warm. The delayed start feature comes in handy for those who would want to put all ingredients into an instant pot and wait for a delicious meal to cook by itself.
- Auto cook menus: Electric rice cookers come with more than ten auto cook menus to match temperature, time, and pressure. You can get any that fits your requirements.
- Easy cleaning: It is better to opt for a rice cooker with a wide mouth and non-stick inner pot that makes cleaning easy.
- Smart options: Electric pressure cookers come with WiFi and Bluetooth options to notify you a bout the cooking status. Some pressure cookers also have an additional feature to link with smart home devices such as Alexa or Google Nest.
- Nutrients locking mechanism: It is a feature that locks the nutrients in the food and doesn’t let them in the form of steam.
- Material: Food-grade stainless steel is the most preferred material as it can withstand heat and doesn’t leach out toxins into the food.
The electric pressure cooker can surely make your kitchen and cooking experience a tad smoother. It is an equipment which can complement your busy schedule and make a delicious meal waiting when you get back home. Depending on requirements and usability, choose the right pressure cooker, and reduce your time spent in the kitchen.