The best electric race car track toy is any budding racing enthusiast’s pursuit. Today, multiple picks in this category build a child’s creativity and imagination. One can even get race car tracks of stunning designs and even customizable models. With newer technology, these cars have now added entertainment value and real-world features
Here is a list of a few hand-picked electric race car track toy ranges. There are slot car tracks, crossover tracks, and much more.
Types Of Electric Race Tracks
Different race tracks are available based on their material and technology.
- Plastic tracks: These are inexpensive molded plastic tracks made in sections. They do not promise a smooth run, and the electric circuits may wear out easily
- Routed tracks: These are designed with sheet board and other polymer materials. They have a smoother surface as the grooves are cut directly into the track.
- Analog tracks: They are designed to prevent crashes as each car follows its dedicated lane.
- Digital tracks: The complex tracks that allow the car to switch lanes or overtake them. You can use each track for racing more than one car when controlled with a remote.
13 Best Electric Race Car Tracks
The parking garage track set from Vatos works in electric and manual mode. Background music and track lights attract the attention of children. These electric race track cars are also educational as they feature six road signs. The electric race track set features three parking slots for fun, and the set includes a helicopter, cars stickers, burger shop, pharmacies, book store, supermarket, and toilets.
- Has background music
- Improves hand-eye coordination
- Facilitates role-play-based playtime
- Single and multiple player versatility
- Replacement cars may not be available
- Cars may get stuck at times
2. Best 360-Degree Rotating: Aiencsai High-Speed Race Car Track Sets
Suitable for beginners, these race tracks include two electric-powered controllers with adjustable speed and a boosted bottom on top. The set also consists of four plastic fences, 20 straight roads, a controller, an adapter, two plastic jump boards, and two high-speed slot cars. The 360-degree rotating track features corner guardrails for added protection.
- Non-toxic and environmentally friendly
- Safe for children
- Encourages parent-child interaction
- Adapter doesn’t need batteries
- Track may not stay attached at times
- May not be easy to disassemble for storage
3. Best Dinosaur-Themed: FiGoal Dinosaur Race Track Toy Set
Here’s an engaging and high-quality dinosaur race track with 140 flexible tracks, one bridge, two electric dinosaur cars, two dinosaur figurines, a gas station, trees, and road signs. The track can be twisted left or right for endless building possibilities, making it easy to assemble. Children can decorate their tracks in any way they choose to race. This set is also educational and helps teach children about dinosaurs.
- Batteries included
- Non-toxic material
- Helps improve hand-eye coordination
- Suitable for gifting
- May not be compatible with other tracks
- May be smaller than expected
Equipped with two 1:2 scaled versions of the car and dual-speed controllers, the analog electric version from Carrera is good for beginners and hobbyists. It can be upgraded to a digital version as you advance your electric slot car race track hobby. The speed controllers give you full control of your car during the race. The toy electric race tracks feature curves, crossovers, and straightaways for full-on excitement.
- Two-player enabled
- Customizable track
- Removable jump rack
- Realistic cars
- Easy to assemble
- Cars may flip or fly off the track
- Cars may not be durable
Designed with innovative features, this is a unique electric race track set that includes slot cars with built-in LEDs that glow thigh speed, two-speed controllers, and a layout of tracks. With no wire obstruction, the little ones can play freely with their friends. The construction of the track is sturdy and locks itself firmly at a place. This two-player racing car set from Aotipol is a great gift for kids.
- Fast cars
- Easy to install
- Two-player competitive game
- Does not include batteries
- Contact brushes need to be adjusted
An electric-powered crossover track set from Droneeye includes two colored cars that allow beginners to learn low-speed racing skills. The sturdy tracks are easy to put together, and they sit firmly on the floor to prevent cars from flying off the track. The two popular race cars come at a scaled version of 1:43. The 12-foot long track features start ways, junctions, curves, and more.
- Enhanced magnetism enabled
- Slow to fast speed variations available
- Smooth track
- Simple and clear instructions for assembly
- Connection pads may need to be fastened occasionally
- Contains small parts
A fun track toy set that allows your children to be imaginative while playing as they are free to build the tracks in different styles. The construction race track cars include excavator, road roller, cement truck, racing jeep, and more. This unique set from Tumama comes with flexible race track pieces which are easy to snap together and promotes motor building activity in your child. The material used meets all safety standards for children.
- Made of environment-friendly materials
- Customizable track designs
- Car replacement facility may be available
- Cars may run out of battery quickly
- Cars may not be break-resistant
The dual racing car track set allows competition between two high-end cars, Mercedes and Audi. It features two electric-powered controllers that use triggers to adjust speed and two hand controllers. The 28-feet long track will make the racing experience fun and exciting. This race track set from Color Tree is an ideal gift for family and friends.
- Ideal for beginners
- Features curves
- Can be assembled in multiple ways
- Cars come with LED headlight
- May be space-consuming
- Guardrails may be thinner than expected
9. Best Design: Bemiton Dinosaur Toys Race Car Track
Bemiton’s dinosaur race track set includes 240 flexible tracks that are easy to assemble and disassemble for hours of uninterrupted play. You can bend, adjust, and rotate the tracks to form different shapes. It also consists of eight realistic dinosaur toys, two dinosaur head cars, four bridge lights, a tunnel, a blue ball, a bridge, two plastic trees, and a gate. Children can use their creativity and imagination to form a unique setup every time.
- Made of high-quality ABS plastic
- Safe and non-toxic
- Helps improve hands-on ability and color perception
- Polished edges and corners
- Encourages parent-child interaction
- Some may find the tracks small
- Bridge may not stand upright
An electric-powered digital slot race track from GB has magnatraction features to allow a smooth racing experience. The track features curves, bends, slopes, and two 360-degree loops for performing stunts. The child experiences an exciting race thrill between two colorful cars.
- Sizable track
- Fast cars
- Enhances eye-hand coordination
- Features two cars
- Metal connectors may bend if pushed too hard
Made with non-toxic materials and approved with US standards, this race track set from Leapom is safe for your kids. The flexible set includes 245 pieces with two race cars, three construction trucks, 14 roadblocks, traffic signals, trees, gate, and arc track. The set will help in enhancing the imaginative skills of the child while they snap the pieces together. The battery-operated car is suitable for children three and above.
- Flexible tracks to enable more variations in track patterns
- Develops engineering skills
- Non-toxic ABS material
- Has smooth edges
- Firm assembly
- Batteries may need frequent replacement
The race track from BoomCaCa includes 240 pieces. When joined, the track stretches out 19 feet, and the two LED lights brighten your track, making it look attractive in the dark. The track’s Serpentine technology offers you the flexibility of bending and curving the track 360-degree. This track set boosts creativity in building the track into different designs like spiral, round, etc.
- Customizable tracks
- Fluorescent-colored tracks
- Enhances hands-on skills
- Works with rechargeable batteries
- Small parts may demand adult supervision
- Tracks may not be easy to snap together
The big racer road set gives the child an uninterrupted thrill with racing experience. The racing road set from Misc features dual loops, zig-zag bends, divided roads, and sidewalls on curves to prevent cars from falling. Assembling tracks requires brainstorming that helps the child to be creative.
- Sizable track
- Assembly boosts cognition
- Cars feature headlights
- Instructions may not be clear
- Assembling might be cumbersome for some children
How To Choose The Right Electric Race Car Tracks?
Consider the following suggestions before you choose the right electric race track cars.
- Assembly: These sets are not preassembled; hence ensure that the products you purchase are easy to assemble with proper instructions.
- Material: Ensure that all parts of the track, remote control, and cars are made of non-toxic, durable material for the child’s safety.
- Versatility: Straight tracks would not be much fun to play with. Buy sets that feature different styles of tracks, including curves, bends, and arches to induce excitement while racing your car.
- Storage: Once assembled, these racing tracks take a lot of space for storage. Before purchasing a set, look for this feature to designate an appropriate place for the racing track.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose has written several articles on children’s toys and games. Here, she has used her experience to compile a list of the best electric race car tracks that your car-enthusiast child is sure to love. This well-researched article describes the different types of tracks and their interesting features. She has also provided a buying guide to help you purchase the most entertaining piece for your child.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do electric cars run faster on tracks?
Yes, electric cars run faster on tracks because of the power supply and smoother tracks.
2. Can I race with an electric car?
Yes, electric cars can be used for different purposes. While your child can play with the electric car by riding them on the track, they can also race with their peers.
3. Are electric cars dangerous?
Electric cars should always be played under an adult’s supervision. Therefore, always look for electric cars with properly covered internal electric parts to ensure your child’s safety.
4. How often should I replace the batteries in my electric cars?
If your car starts to run slower than usual, it is time to replace your batteries. However, it also depends on the power of the battery and how often you play with your electric cars.
If your child is fascinated with cars, getting them an electric race car track will bring them unparalleled joy. And when you carefully choose a race track with an impressive design, it can keep your child engaged for hours. Since race car tracks require assembly, it is recommended that you look for a product that comes with easy-to-understand instructions and is relatively simple to assemble. Once you get a good-quality electric race car track, it will last a long time to offer loads of fun and excitement.