Invest in the best electric snow blower to make your task of cleaning snow in winter a breeze. An electric snow blower helps you clear snow that’s not more than one-foot deep.
These lightweight snow blowers can help you clean your decks, patios, walkways, and driveways within a few minutes. So, go ahead and save your time and energy by bringing home one of the environment-friendly snow blowers listed below.
Our Top Picks
Types Of Snow Blowers
Here are the different snow blowers available in the market.
1. Single-stage snow blowers: These are lightweight snow blowers constructed for cleaning mid-sized areas. They can handle wet and light snow of depth 12in or less.
2. Two-stage snow blowers: Designed to work in depths of up to 23in, these blowers can work on icy and wet snow. These strong blowers are effective in cleaning larger areas and feature engine-driven wheels.
3. Three-stage snow blowers: They are similar in operation to two-stage snow blowers and take lesser time to move more snow. Created to work on inclined unpaved and paved surfaces, they can work efficiently in depths of around 23in.
4. Gas snow blowers: These blowers work on gas and offer better mobility. They have greater intake heights, clearing widths, and are designed to clean large areas.
5. Electric snow blowers: Curated to operate without gas, these electric models are push-button start devices. They come in corded and cordless designs and make convenient choices for cleaning snow from small areas.
11 Best Electric Snow Blowers
1. Best Noiseless Construction: Greenworks Electric Snowthrower With Light Kit
Featuring a 20in cleaning path and a 10in cleaning depth, the 13amp electric snow thrower makes an ideal pick for cleaning snow from small and medium-sized spaces. It comes with dual LEDs to offer good visibility. The electric snow blower has a 180°directional chute that makes snow throwing easier to manage.
- Comes with an easy push-button start
- Offers smooth operation
- Noiseless construction
- Features folding handles
- Discharges snow up to 20 feet
- May not glide on concrete surfaces
2. Best Lightweight: Toro Electric Snow Blower
Clean snow on the driveways, patios, decks, and other residential areas with this 18in Toro electric snow blower. It is curated to remove up to 700lb of snow per minute for efficient snow clearing. The 160° adjustable chute allows snow discharge in different directions. With a 12in intake height and an 18in clearance width, it makes one of the best electric snow blowers for small spaces.
- Ergonomically designed handle
- Lightweight design
- Convenient to assemble
- Comes with a zip reflector
- Power curve technology helps prevent clogging
- Electric motor does not have a protection feature
3.Best Adjustable: Snow Joe Cordless Snow Blower Kit
The snow removal tool is a powerful machine equipped with a 1200W brushless motor designed to clean up to 14 tons of snow on one charge. Clean an 18in wide and 10in deep path in one pass with the cordless electric snow blower. The electric blower includes two 4.0Ah batteries that offer a recharge time of up to 40min.
- Durable design
- Easy to use
- Has 2W LED headlights
- Adjustable chute crank with 180° rotation
- Throws snow up to 20 feet
- Battery may clog with wet snow
4. Best Mobility: Wen Electric Snow Thrower
Equipped with a 13.5amp motor, the corded snow blower is designed to clean snow up to 7.8in deep and 18in wide. This snow thrower comes with an adjustable chute with a 180° rotation that clears snow up to 10 feet high and 20 feet away.
- Throws up to 490lb snow in a minute
- Lightweight design
- Comes with 6in wheels for easy mobility
- Has an extension cord holder
- Includes a two-year warranty
- Chute may get easily blocked in heavy snow
5. Best Cordless: Briggs & Stratton Single-Stage Snow Blower
Designed to deal with the toughest winters, this is one of the best cordless snow blowers. It is a sturdy construction that comes with a push-button start. The hand-mounted remote chute adds to the convenience of using this corded electric snow blower.
- Compact design
- Has auger-assisted drive system
- Comes with a quick start even at -20°F
- Equipped with quick-adjust detector
- Convenient to store
- Assembly instructions may be difficult to understand
6. Best Battery-Powered: Ego Power+ Cordless Snow Blower
The small electric snow blower is a cordless design featuring peak power technology. This is one of the best battery-powered snow blower equipped with two ARC lithium batteries that conveniently clears heavy and wet snow. It has a brushless motor with 21in wide intake. Clear 8in snow in a ten-car driveway with ease using this outdoor power equipment.
- Allows adjusting the auger
- Has a throwing distance of 35 feet
- Robust construction
- Noiseless design
- Offers variable speed control
- Has LED headlights
- May require physical exertion for better performance
7. Best Ergonomic Design: SuperHandy Electric Cordless Snow Thrower
The handheld snow blower is designed to remove snow from a 10in wide and 5in deep path with the help of a 20V electric motor. It can conveniently remove up to 300lb of snow every minute and has a throwing distance of 25 feet. Suitable for commercial and residential use, the snow blower works effectively on hard surfaces.
- Comes with a push start button
- Compact and lightweight design
- Ergonomic adjustable handle offers good grip
- Easy to maneuver
- Offers noiseless performance
- Battery may not last longer
- May work only on drier and lighter snow
8. Best Durability: Project One Electric Snow Blower
Featuring steel augers designed to cut 20in in width and 10in in depth, the electric snow blower throws snow up to a distance of 20 feet. It is fitted with a 15amp motor that can move up to 800lb snow per minute. Clean your driveways, patios, walkways, and decks with its 180° adjustable chute.
- Foldable and easy to store
- Comes with a safety switch
- Made of cold-proof material
- Economical and practical design
- Durable construction
- May be difficult to use with an extension cord
9. Best Maintenance-Free Design: PowerSmart Battery Powered Snow Blower
The battery-powered electric snow blower has a 180° rotating chute for convenient snow displacement. It is equipped with a 2200rpm battery, making it an effective machine to remove snow from mid-sized walkways and driveways.
- Maintenance-free design
- Has a clearing depth of 8in
- Safety design helps prevent accidental start-up
- Throw snow up to a distance of 30 feet
- Backed with a three-year warranty
- May have clogging issues
- Battery may not last longer
10. Best For Easy Assembly: Hattomen Electric Snow Thrower
The electric snow thrower is equipped with a 1600W motor and steel auger with blades that effectively remove snow up to 500lb per minute. Designed to clear large walkways and driveways, this machine can clear a 16in wide path with a depth of 7in with each pass. It makes a powerful alternative to gas throwers.
- Comes with an adjustable 180° chute
- Has an ergonomically designed handle
- Includes a zip reflector
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight construction
- Comes with a push-button start
- May not be durable
The powerful electric snow thrower features a brushless motor and 4Ah battery. It has a clearing width of 12in and depth of 3.5in. Designed to throw snow at a distance of up to 25 feet, the cordless thrower comes with a dual-blade auger effective in cleaning sidewalks, driveways, and decks.
- Moves up to 300lb of snow per minute
- Has ergonomically designed handle
- Convenient to move
- Lightweight construction
- Does not come with a chute to direct the snow
How To Choose The Right Electric Snow Blower?
Keep in mind the following points while buying an electric snow blower:
1. Plugin or cordless: Depending upon where you wish to remove the snow and the availability of a plug point, you can select a cordless model or a model that requires plugging in.
2. Auger specifications: Consider the auger width and intake height because this part of the blower scoops the snow. The wider the auger, the lesser the time it will take you to remove the snow.
3. Material: Look for an electric snow blower made of durable material so that it can work in heavy snowfall.
4. LED headlights: The headlights make it convenient to remove snow at any time of the day.
5. Adjustable chute and handle: Flexible chute and handle make it convenient to remove snow as desired and with the best of efficiency.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have compiled this list of the best electric snow blowers based on user reviews to help you easily clear the snow around your house. In addition, we have mentioned the specifications of the blowers, such as the handle design, lights, capacity, durability, and suitability of each blower for specific surfaces. This list also includes a buying guide and the pros and cons of each snow blower to help you make the right decision.
Bring home the best electric snow blowers and make cleaning the snow outside your home and backyard a breeze. You may opt for one based on its motor power and the size of the area you wish to clean, and choose between a plug-in or cordless blower based on your preference. Further, choose one that is compact, durable, easy to use and assemble, and offers a quiet operation. You should also consider the auger specifications and ensure the blower has an adjustable chute and handles for comfortable usage.