A staple gun is a multitasker stationary. From DIY projects to professional ones, the best electric staple guns can offer a host of advantages and let you perform your tasks effortlessly. In comparison to a traditional staple gun, electric staple guns can help save your time with little investment. If you are planning to get one for your tool kit, here is a list of some tried-and-tested, reliable, and user-friendly electric staple guns to help you with your projects.
11 Best Electric Staple Guns
Stanley’s heavy-duty electric staple and nail gun with dual power (Hi/Lo) lever is designed for use on both soft and hard materials. Featuring an eight-foot-long power cord, this staple gun uses heavy-duty staples and 1/2-, 9/16-, and 5/8-inch brads. Further, to help you save time and make cleaning a hassle-free task, the high-performance staple gun comes with a quick-jam-clear mechanism. This review video takes you through this product’s details.
- Flush-nose design for stapling in tight spots
- Contoured grip for additional comfort
- Low-brad indicator window to let you know when to reload
- May not be great when used for hard materials
"The staple gun’s compatibility with different staples and brads has made it easy to complete my DIY projects. Though loading the fasters can be tricky, the overall device feels comfortable. Plus, the safety feature has helped me avoid injuries by keeping accidental fires at bay."
EcoElectronix’s EX-25 heavy-duty stapler allows you to staple up to 30 sheets and can run on either an AC power adapter or six AA batteries. The tried-and-tested electric tool comes pre-loaded with 210 premium staples and uses standard 0.25-inch full-strip staples.
- Staple tray release with a single button
- Pull/push handle on the staple tray
- Easy to use
- Quiet operation
- 14-point staple depth adjustment
- Durable ABS body
- Includes a power cable
- Lifetime warranty
- Could be slightly heavy
"Thanks to the ease of portability, I've been using this electric stapler at home and in the office. Although I noticed some paper curling when used on large stocks, it easily handles the everyday stapling tasks. Hence, it has found a permanent spot on my table."
If your search is directed towards a convenient electric stapler meant for DIY projects, NEU Master’s two-in-one nailer and stapler is an ideal choice. The tried-and-trusted electric model doesn’t require any hoses or compressors and can be used for various softwood DIY projects. Besides, its non-marring rubber nose offers a flawless finish.
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle
- Adjustable On/Off switch and contact safety dial
- Large trigger
- Includes 200 staples and 800 brad nails
- Quick-release mechanism
- Not for heavy projects
Stanley Nail Gun
EcoElectronix Ex-25 Automatic Heavy Duty Electric Stapler
Best Easy To Use
NEU Master Electric Brad Nailer
|Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
|11.2 x 11.3 x 4 inches
|7 x 1.9 x 2.75 inches
|9.3 x 2.5 x 10.3 inches
4. Best Two-In-One:Batavia Electric Nail And Staple Gun
The Batavia two-in-one staple and nail gun is a versatile, easy-to-use tool compatible with both staples and brad nails. This time-tested staple gun for crafts comes with a 6.6-foot ultra-long cable, providing a larger range of movement for using it in woodworking, interior and exterior decorating, crafts, door or window installation, and other DIY projects with ease.
- Quick-release mechanism
- Features a staple or nail-viewing window
- No compressor needed
- Oversized trigger
- Adjustable power for adjusting the nailing strength
- Includes 200 pieces of 18GA brad nails and 336 pieces of T50 staples
- Includes a safety switch
- May not be suitable for heavy-duty work
- Might not be lightweight
"This staple gun has been the perfect fit for a DIY person like me. From stapling curtains and carpets to light trim work, it has allowed me to handle it all. While it requires extra effort to staple through heavy-duty materials, the gun has been quite adaptable."
This reliable electric stapler by Roberts comes with a quick-release mechanism to let you secure a variety of floors and perform carpet installation projects. It holds up to 85 staples and has a bottom-loading magazine for quick reloading. The ergonomic stapler is comfortable to handle and is non-slippery as it comes with a rubber grip.
- Heat-treated hammer mechanism
- Thick die-cast aluminum housing
- Wide mobility range
- Lightweight design
- 12-foot power cord
- Portable carrying case
- May not be highly durable
"I've used multiple staple guns over the years, but this continues to remain my favorite. At times, it even performs better than those air-powered models. Plus, the convenience of not needing an air compressor has made this stapler a solid addition to my DIY toolkit."
6. Best Compact: Arrow ET501C Cordless 5-In-1 Professional Staple Gun
Arrow’s ET501C cordless stapler gun is a versatile choice as it can be used to staple and nail different materials, including carpets, wood, craft supplies, and wires. The power stapler features a lithium battery that can fire over 1,000 shots on a full charge, making it ideal for completing all your DIY projects. Additionally, the stapling equipment has a color-coded guide to assist in selecting the appropriate fasteners for your project.
- Bottom-load mechanism
- Easy to use
- Compact design
- Includes a charger
- May not be compatible with large-sized nails
- Some might find it heavy
"I've found this cordless stapler deal for my light DIY tasks. While loading can be tricky, it excels in ease of use and battery longevity. Plus, misfires are very rare, making it perfect for my crafting and softwood projects."
This stapler by Metabo HPT accepts 18-gauge narrow crown staples that range anywhere between ½in to 1-1/2in in length. The tried-and-tested stapler is adequate for external and internal trim work, be it for furniture or any other work that requires a fine finish. Weighing just 2.3lb, it offers convenience and can be handled effortlessly.
- Lets you choose between contact nailing and sequential fire
- Adjustable depth for different materials
- Can hold up to 130 staples at a time
- Easy-to-clear nose
- 360-degree adjustable exhaust
- Comes in a portable hard case
- May not be ideal for fine-finishing applications
"This tool has proven to be durable, and the lightweight design has made it convenient to store and carry the stapler. While its depth adjustment can be a bit tricky, that hassle can be overcome with a bit of practice. Overall, it has been a dependable find."
If you are in search of a durable and sturdy electric stapler, choose this option from AFMAT. Unlike the average ones, this electric stapler is designed to hold two strips at a time, allowing you to staple for a longer time. Further, it comes with an indicator that reminds you when it’s time to reload the stapler.
- Staples up to 25 sheets at a time
- Runs on an AC adapter or four AA batteries
- Adjustable stapling distance
- Loads up to 210 staples
- Quick-release button
- Includes a power adapter
- Slow operation
"I was delighted that this staple gun offered a quiet operation even when stapling multiple sheets and other materials. The battery and power cord power options have made portability easy. Its staple tray has a minor design flaw, but the staple gun has been a reliable tool for every task."
9. Best Heavy-Duty:Dewalt DWHT75021 Heavy Duty Electric 5-In-1 Multi-Tacker
Dewalt DWHT75021 heavy-duty multi-tacker is a versatile and useful addition to any toolbox. Compatible with narrow flat crowns, cable staples, 18 GA brads, and 18 GA headless pins, this time-tested electric stapler can be used for a wide variety of projects. You can adjust its strength based on the material you’re working with. The corded electric staple gun is suitable for woods such as oak and pine, and its integrated wire guide allows you to drive staples accurately over wires.
- Contact-Trip Switch prevents accidental firing
- Bottom-load design for easy refilling
- User-friendly design
- Suitable for hard and soft materials
- Instruction guide may not be clear
- May not be suitable for very soft materials
"I found this stapler handy for installing carpet on stairs and crafting with lighter wood. However, its staple feed could benefit from some tweaks. But, despite that minor issue, its compatibility with both bards and stapes has made it a household favorite."
Whether you want to get your upholstery repaired or work on thin plastic, cardboard, or paper, this cordless electric staple gun meets all the requirements. The high-performance staple gun is perfect for use in areas that have restricted power sources as it can fire up to 1,000 shots with a single charge. Further, this upholstery stapler supports every size of JT21 staples, which can be loaded with ease in the bottom-load magazine.
- Easy to use
- Contact safety mechanism to avert accidental misfiring
- Removable stapler base
- Battery-life indicator
- Ideal for craft, general repair, decoration, and upholstery
- Does not come with staples
"Once fully charged, this staple gun has helped me power through multiple home projects. It does need occasional staple adjustments, but its lightweight and user-friendly design has simplified all my tasks."
Bielmeier electric staple gun is a two-in-one cordless stapler gun that works on various materials, such as softwood, plastic, foam, leather, carpeting, paper, and fabric. It is manufactured using lightweight materials and features a quick-release loading magazine on the bottom, making reloading quick and simple. This heavy-duty staple gun is quite easy to use and comes with 800 staples and 800 nails.
- Transparent window for monitoring staples
- Three safety switches—power on/off button, contact striker, and activate trigger
- LED indicator
- Ergonomic and comfortable grip
- Battery may not last long as claimed
"While the instructions could have been more detailed, I have been able to use the staple gun for my upholstery and medium home projects without a hassle. Its ergonomic design has also kept pressure away from my hands. Despite drawbacks like the limited staple capacity, the stapler’s performance has met my expectations."
How To Choose The Right Electric Staple Gun?
Consider the following factors when choosing an electric staple gun.
- Purpose: Determine the purpose of the staple gun. If you want a stapler for intricate work, such as DIY projects and upholstery, you can choose a smaller gauge or standard stapler. If you want it for industrial work, you can choose one with a thicker gauge or industrial stapler.
- Cordless vs. corded: A cordless model is portable. However, the charge time will be limited. On the other hand, if you go with a corded staple gun, you can have a consistent power supply. So, determine your needs before choosing one.
- Staple size: Typically, staples come in the size of 16-, 18-, and 20-gauge. The higher the number, the thinner the staple.
- Safety features: If you would be using the stapler frequently, you must ensure it has bump triggers, lockable triggers, good grip, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kind of staple gun should I use for wood?
Staple guns are made to work on different surfaces, including wood. Heavy-duty staplers are ideal to work on wood projects. These are suitable for both soft and hardwood.
2. Is an electric stapler good for upholstery?
Yes, electric staplers are good for simple upholstery projects. However, if you are looking for a professional-grade stapler, pneumatic staplers are the best choice.
3. What kind of staple gun do I use for the carpet?
Electric staple guns are good to use for carpet installation as they are easier to fit into tight spots than pneumatic guns. Depending on the project you are doing, you may also go for manual and pneumatic staple guns.
4. What’s the difference between a light-duty and heavy-duty staple gun?
Light-duty guns are lightweight, easy to squeeze, and can handle staple sizes of 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8 inches. On the other hand, heavy-duty staples are heavy and hard to squeeze but can take more staple sizes ranging from 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8,½ to 9/16 inches.
Don’t let your craftsmanship be affected by a lack of adequate tools. Instead, invest in the best electric staple gun to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Be it work on upholstery, insulation boards, flooring, or carpets, electric staple guns can be used for minuscule or major work owing to their ease of use and versatility. The electric staple guns listed here are portable, safe, easy to handle, and have many practical features. Our top picks from the list are the EcoElectronix Ex-25 Automatic Heavy Duty Electric Stapler for its quiet operation, the Metabo HPT Finish Stapler for its depth adjustment feature, and the Roberts Electric Stapler with a quick-release mechanism. So, make your pick after assessing the features and get going with your DIY projects.
Infographic: What Are The Different Kinds Of Staplers?
Staplers come in different shapes, sizes, and mechanisms to help you pin various materials. Therefore, it is vital to get the right stapler to keep your projects from falling apart. Follow the infographic below to choose a staple gun that would be appropriate for your task.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is our in-house writer and reviewer of electronic products. He takes great care to research all the topics well before presenting them to his readers. In this write-up, Wedetso reviews the best electric staple guns that can save your time and simplify all your DIY projects. He has included the notable features, pros and cons, and other details of each staple gun to help you choose the best product for your home.