Woks may look like fancy kitchen equipment that only professional chefs use, but that’s not the case. Owning the best electric wok offers you multiple benefits.
Electric woks help distribute heat evenly and demand less oil for cooking. They are also helpful for retaining warmth without using too much power. Moreover, they are more convenient to use and energy-conserving than stovetop woks.
However, finding the perfect electric wok might be slightly challenging. Thus, our list of the best electric woks will help you choose the correct option for your kitchen and make cooking more interesting.
8 Best Electric Woks
1. Best With Glass Lid:Aroma Housewares Electric Wok
Adequate for modern dishes and authentic Asian food, this versatile electric wok comes with a high domed tempered glass lid, extra-long chopsticks, and tempura and steaming racks to help you cook effortlessly. This large five-quart capacity wok offers the space you require. It is manufactured to handle high temperatures and also maintains the heat to cook meals easier and faster. If you are still unsure, check out this honest review video showcasing a tester’s experience.
- Made from heavy-duty cast aluminum
- Non-stick coating
- Designed with a temperature probe
- Steam vent helps control moisture
- Non-transparent lid
- May not have temperature markings
- Non-removable heating element cord
2. Best With Removable Base:Breville Hot Wok
With a stainless steel base, this wok has a die-cast bowl that is non-stick quantanium. The six-quart high-capacity electric wok is big enough to serve a family. It comes with a removable temperature control probe and has a dishwasher-safe glass lid. This wok has a 1500W butterfly heating element that offers up to 15 precision heat settings. Learn more about the product in this review cum product testing video.
- Non-stick surface
- Powerful heating element
- Heavy-duty lid
- Removable base
- Compatible with only non-metal utensils
- May take a lot of storage space
- May form scratches easily
3. Best Temperature-Adjustable:Nuwave Mosaic Induction Wok
The Nuwave Mosaic induction electric wok features easy-to-operate dial controls that allow you to set the temperature and cooking time. The wok’s construction ensures that heat spreads evenly. This four-quart induction wok is made of durable carbon steel that heats up in less than a minute.
- Includes a tempered-glass lid
- Includes a frying rack and wok stand
- Digital display
- Three-setting wattage control
- May not be stain-resistant
- May not retain heat effectively
Best With Glass Lid
Best With Removable Base
|Aroma Housewares Electric Wok||Breville Hot Wok||Nuwave Mosaic Induction Wok|
|Dimensions||14.2 x 15.5 x 8 inches||-||-|
|Material||Metal||Die-Cast Wok Bowl||Carbon Steel|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Heat-Resistant:VonShef 7.4Qt Electric Wok
With a 7.4-quart capacity, this electric wok is large enough to offer plenty of space and is made from aluminum. The healthy cooking electric wok has an advanced coating to prevent food from sticking, thereby enabling you to use little-to-no-oil when cooking. The tried-and-tested temperature-control electric wok also has up to four heat settings and a rotary dial to adjust the temperature.
- Tempered glass lid
- Heat-resistant silicone, cool-touch handles
- Detachable power cord
- Easy to handle and use
- Surface of the pan may not be round
- May not be perfect for every meal
- Non-stick surface may wear out soon
5. Best Durable:Professional Series Chef Electric Wok
Running on 900W power, this electric wok comes with adjustable temperature control for even cooking. It distributes the heat in a balanced manner. The work has side handles and a tempered glass lid that lets you handle the entire wok with care. This stainless steel electric wok has a non-stick surface that offers quality results.
- Durable and sturdy
- Can be stored easily
- Easy to use and handle
- Gets hot quickly
- Cooking could be a challenge for the first-time users
- Cord might be too short
6. Best With Thermostat:Brentwood Non-stick Electric Wok
Brentwood electric wok offers a 13-inch skillet and a 9-inch flat bottom that ensures even fast heating. The liquid capacity of this family-sized electric wok is up to 24 cups. This electric wok comes with an adjustable temperature. Also, it can quickly become expert-approved as it is an easy-to-clean electric wok that saves you time and effort.
- Removable thermostat
- Seamless temperature adjustment
- Heats well and evenly
- Versatile with dishes
- May not get hot quickly
- Handles may not be durable
7. Best For Consistent Temperature:Rival Electric Wok
The 14 ½ -inch wide and9-inch high heavy-duty non-stick electric wok offers up to 6-liter capacity. It has a fully adjustable temperature probe that makes it easier to cook. The probe can be removed seamlessly. The tempered glass lid is sturdy and the bolted handles ensure stability and safety. It includes cooking chopsticks, a wooden spatula, steamer, and tempura racks.
- Doesn’t consume a lot of space
- Easy to see and use temperature adjustment
- Easy to clean
- Offers consistent temperature
- May fluctuate to keep the simmer steady
- Handles might be short
- Non-stick coating might be uneven
8. Best Sturdy:Chef’s Counter Electric Wok
Operating on 1400W power, this ceramic electric wok comes with two layers of non-stick coating. This electric wok also comes with an adjustable temperature setting that allows you to operate the wok according to your requirements.
- Gets hot evenly
- Durable and sturdy
- Tempered glass lid that lets you keep an eye while cooking
- Temperature adjusting settings
- May not get submerged in water for cleaning
- Non-stick may not last long
How To Choose The Right Electric Wok?
Here are a few things to keep in mind while buying an electric wok.
- Size: Select the size based on how many people you usually serve and cook for.
- Non-stick surface: Most models come with a non-stick cooking surface that helps prevent food from sticking around the wok. Make sure you look into the type of non-stick surface each wok has..
- Material: Electric woks can be manufactured out of several materials, including aluminum, stainless steel, copper, and more. Stainless steel is durable and properly conducts heat. So, take your pick wisely.
- Heating time: Some models take longer than others to heat up. Generally, low-quality models take most of the time. The ideal heat-up time should be a minute or less.
- Temperature settings: While some models offer basic heat settings, including high, medium, and low, others offer advanced settings that will allow you to choose the temperature based on what you are cooking. A wok with more temperature settings means it provides versatility, and you can cook different dishes.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Specializing in reviewing kitchen and household products, Sakshi John finds the best products for her readers after analyzing multiple websites, forums, and user reviews. In this article on the best electric woks, she lists the top-rated products so you can enjoy a hassle-free cooking experience. Besides giving a detailed description of each product, she also includes features and drawbacks, so her readers can make an informed decision. The products listed in this article are quality-assured and long-lasting.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I stir-fry in an electric wok?
Yes, electric woks are ideal for stir-frying as their flat bottoms distribute the heat evenly.
2. How much electricity does an electric wok consume?
Electric woks are available in different power ratings ranging from 900 watts to 1800 watts. For instance, if you are using an electric wok that uses 1500 watts per hour and uses it for two hours a day, it will consume $ 0.10 per kWh.
3. How should I clean an electric wok?
Most electric woks are dishwasher safe and are easy to clean. If you wish to hand wash, use a clean and damp dishcloth to wipe the pan.
4. Can I deep fry foods in an electric wok?
Yes, electric woks can be used for deep frying food items in small batches as these pans are shallow.
5. How hot do electric woks get?
Electric woks have the option to regulate the temperature ranging from 200℉ to 400℉.
6. Are electric woks safe to use?
Electric woks are designed to handle heat up to certain temperatures and are safe to use as long as you follow the instructions. You should make sure the wok is unplugged after use and the base should be cleaned following safety precautions.
With the best electric woks at your disposal, you can now enjoy some delicious Asian food in the comfort of your home. However, before choosing a wok, you must ensure they distribute heat evenly. Choosing an expert-recommended one that is durably built, lightweight, and can withstand high temperatures may help you adjust the temperature seamlessly. We hope that this list of the best electric woks can help you understand the different factors to look for while making the purchase and zero in on the best options available.
Infographic: How To Use An Electric Wok The Right Way?
Electric woks provide fast and consistent heat distribution, offering the convenience of precise temperature control while enabling traditional stir-frying techniques. However, it is crucial to follow specific precautions to prevent electric shocks, fire hazards, and damage to the wok. Refer to the infographic below to learn how to use electric woks safely.