False lashes or eyelash extensions are all the rage among women. They are a great way to highlight your eyes and get that glamorous look, and the best glues for eyelash extensions make sure your false lashes stay in place. False eyelashes also give your eyes a fuller appearance and can be combined with other elements, such as eyeliners, to give your eyes an exquisite look.
Moreover, they are easy to use and skin-friendly and can be smoothly pulled out without much effort. So, if you’ve been struggling to get your hands on the perfect product to get that desired look, we’ve got you covered. Read on to find a list of some top eyelash extension glues you can give a try and achieve that celebrity-inspired look. However, before we dive into the list, let’s have a look at the different types of glues for eyelash extensions.
Types Of Eyelash Glue
- Individual lash adhesive
This glue is only used by eyelash extension professionals. It’s stronger than other glues and ensures that your eyelash extensions last up to 8 weeks and requires an extension remover to remove the glue.
- Strip lash adhesive
This type of glue is perfect for over the counter false lashes or what are known as ‘party lashes’. It’s great for self application, doesn’t have fumes, and is safe and easy to apply by yourself. It lasts through the day, and is comparatively easier to remove as compared to other glues.
21 Best Glues For Eyelash Extensions
1. Best Odor-Free:Kiss Strip Lash Adhesive
The waterproof and odor-free Kiss Strip Lash Adhesive fortified with aloe vera offers a long-lasting hold, allowing you to wear the lashes all day. The hypoallergenic and gentle formula ensures the glue does not irritate your eyes. This clear glue includes a thin applicator brush that helps you achieve a precise and mess-free glue line. In addition, it is free of latex and formaldehyde and is cruelty-free. Click this video to learn more about the product from this reviewer.
- Works with magnetic eyelashes, matte lashes, wisp lashes, and strip lashes
- Has a gel-like texture
- Comes unscented
- Strong adhesion
- May be a bit messy
- Drying time may be more than expected
2. Best Latex Free:Lilly Lashes Eyelash Glue
Lilly Lashes’ high-quality eyelash glue blends naturally with the eyelashes. It is made of latex-free materials and safe ingredients. The easy-glide and ultra-thin precision lash brush ensures a smooth stroke and dries up a few minutes after applying. The package comes with clear instructions and makes it easy for beginners. This eyelash glue for extensions is free of parabens and sulfates.
- Comes with a clear finish adhesive
- Easy to apply
- Compatible with different kinds of eyelashes
- Made of vegan and cruelty-free ingredients
- May not be long-lasting
- May not pair with magnetic eyelashes
3. Best Formaldehyde-Free:Venus Visage Professional Eyelash Extension Glue
This professional-grade eyelash glue for extensions is a great boon for pro lash artists and is not recommended for self-application. It has an extremely short drying time of just one to two seconds and is best used for volume lashes though it can also be used for classic lashes. The advanced formula of this eyelash extension glue has an extra long life and incredible retention power, lasting for six to seven weeks. This glue makes the lashing process fast and easy. It turns dark instantly without leaving any residue behind. Designed by professional lash artists, this water-proof glue for lash extensions can really boost your confidence, and you can look at the world with striking eyes.
- Safe and premium ingredients
- High flexibility
- May not be suitable for sensitive eyes
4. Best Mess-Free:Esqido Companion Eyelash Glue
Apply fake lashes like a pro with the Esqido Companion Eyelash Glue that comes with an applicator that helps you to apply the needed amount of glue for a strong hold. The quick-drying and professional-grade formula dries clear within a few seconds and ensures a mess-free application. It is free of formaldehyde and latex, making it suitable for sensitive eyes. This glue is compatible with fake, strip, and mink eyelashes.
- Water-resistant formula
- Precision brush tip
- Provides all-day hold
- Easy to remove
- Quantity of the glue may be less
5. Best Formaldehyde-Free:Lonris Premium Eyelash Extension Glue
This Korean eyelash extension glue has the latest advanced formula with incredible bonding and retention power that lasts up to 8 weeks. The makeup artist-approved glue cuts application time by half with its quick drying time of just a second. This glue works perfectly for both classic and volume lashes, and has a thin consistency for quick drying and minimum usage of glue. This professional-grade eyelash extension glue has been tested and approved by over 100 eyelash extension stylists, so you are in safe hands.
- High quality ingredients
- Strict quality control
- High flexibility
- No toxic chemicals
- Somemay find it difficult to take it off
- Not for self-application
6. Best Non-Residue:Quewel Cluster Lash Glue
The Quewel Cluster Lash Glue is a mild and non-irritating formula with gentle ingredients, making it ideal for sensitive eyes. This lash glue is suitable for beginners and blends well with Cluster lashes to let you experiment with dramatic, wispy, and natural looks. The waterproof and sweat-proof glue offers a strong adhesion, making it long-lasting. It requires a moderate drying time and ensures easy application.
- Durable and long-lasting
- Vegan-friendly and cruelty-free
- Latex- and alcohol-free
- Easy to remove
- May be slightly greasy
7. Best For Bonding:Fadlash Lash Bond Cluster Lash Glue
Keep your fake lashes intact for 42 to 72 hours with the Fadlash Lash Bond cluster lash glue. This waterproof and sweat-proof glue can maintain its stickiness with its ultra-high freeze protection technology even when the temperature falls around -15 °C. Its mini mascara wand enables precise application and ensures strong bonding between the natural lashes and fake lashes. Moreover, this lash glue doesn’t leave any residue on the eyelash roots.
- Compatible with most types of lashes
- Gentle and non-irritating formula
- Dries quickly without forming clumps
- Glue may be slightly thinner than expected
8. Best Antifungal:Sassi Eyelash Glue
Enriched with natural extracts, the Sassi eyelash glue has antifungal properties to protect your lashes from unnecessary fungal growth. This glue dries fast, minimizing the waiting time. In addition, its waterproof formula shields the lashes from moisture and keeps the lashes intact.
- Strong adhesion
- Efficient drying in humid climates
- Reduces the need for frequent touch-ups
- Bottle design may not be user-friendly
- Might be slightly runny
9. Best Long-Lasting:Velour Eyelash Glue
The Velour black eyelash glue is made of hypoallergenic adhesive, ensuring a strong hold on the eyelashes. Its luxury precision brush-on applicator and dual-ended tool make it easy to apply. This glue is long-lasting and suitable for special occasions, photoshoots, and weddings. The applicator’s comb end can be used to lift the lash upwards to give it a natural and vibrant look. The Velour eyelash glue for extensions is compatible with different kinds of false eyelashes.
- Easy to remove and gentle to apply on lashes
- Can be used more than 30 times
- Strengthens and reduces breakage of natural lashes.
- Made of vegan and cruelty-free products
- Might smear
- May contain latex
10. Best Cruelty-Free:Stacy Lash Sensitive Professional Eyelash Extension Glue
Stacy Lash’s Sensitive eyelash extension glue is a black-colored adhesive meant for professional salon use. Its lightweight and latex-free formula minimizes the potential for irritation and allergy and is suitable to be used in different humidity ranges. Moreover, the quick-drying adhesive of this professional-grade eyelash extension glue is resistant to external factors, dries in just five seconds, and keeps the eyelashes in place for over four to five weeks.
- Flexible glue
- Formaldehyde-free formulation
- Available in two sizes
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin
- May be difficult to remove
11. Best With Advanced Formula:Forabeli Elite Eyelash Extension Glue
The Elite eyelash extension glue by Forabeli comes with an advanced formula that offers you a quick-drying time, making it ideal for professionals. Once applied, this eyelash can last up to seven weeks. Moreover, the glue is packed with a silica gel and includes a red glue needle that keeps the glue fresh for an extended period even if it is opened.
- Strong adhesion
- Easy to apply and remove
- Apt for humid climates.
- Vegan-friendly and cruelty-free
- May not be suitable for self-application
- May not be compatible with strip or cluster lashes
12. Best Waterproof:Lyon Lash Professional Eyelash Extension Glue
This professional-grade eyelash extension glue has an extra-strong bonding power with low fumes and minimal irritation to your eyes. It takes one to two seconds to dry and has a retention power of six to eight weeks. It has a viscosity of 2/5 and a fume intensity of 3/5. It’s manufactured under the strictest quality control to provide you with the most reliable eyelash extension products. This glue is tested and reviewed by over 50 eyelash extension professionals, and is recommended for use by professionals and not beginners.
- May have a strong smell
13. Best Latex-Free:Mybeautyeyes Glam Ultra Expert Eyelash Extension Glue
Suitable for classic lash, volume lash, and Russian volume, this professional eyelash extension glue by Mybeautyeyes provides a long hold for up to eight weeks. The formulation is based on cyanoacrylate, which offers instant drying and a strong bond. This latex-free extension glue is packaged with silica gel and includes a needle to prevent it from getting in contact with air or moisture.
- Has low viscosity
- Dries in one to two seconds
- Free of formaldehyde
- May not be suitable for cluster, strip, and DIY lashes
- Not be suitable for beginners
14. Best For Sensitive Skin:Tarte tarteist Pro Lash Adhesive
The Tarte lash adhesive is made of cruelty-free material. This eyelash glue that lasts for weeks has a fast-drying formula that dries up in a few seconds. It ensures a mess-free application even for contact lens wearers and people with latex sensitivities. The brush-on applicator gives a natural look and makes it effortless for beginners. You can remove the excess glue easily with an oil-based moisturizer or makeup remover. Tarteist is the best lash adhesive for lash extensions that can be used numerous times.
- Comes with a good adhesive capacity
- Easy and gentle to apply on lashes
- Compatible with different kinds of lashes
- Made of non-toxic materials
- Slightly hard to peel off lashes
- May not give a thin line
15. Best Lump-Free:B&Qaugen Cluster Lash Glue
The cluster lash glue by B&Qaugen is a lump-free, waterproof, and gentle formula that binds fake lashes perfectly with your natural lashes. It stays for 48-72 hours and doesn’t wear off even during bathing and swimming. This lash glue can be easily removed with a makeup remover and does not leave behind any residue. Further, the mild glue is compatible with false, strip, and cluster eyelashes.
- Includes a dual-sided applicator and a tweezer
- Dries within five seconds
- Easy to use
- Available in black and clear
- May have a slightly slippery texture
- Has no shield to prevent the glue from drying up in the bottle
16. Best For Volume Lashes:Beau Lashes Professional Eyelash Extension Glue
This expert-recommended glue for lash extensions is the perfect premium lash adhesive for professional lash stylists as it’s made by professionals, for professionals. It dries in one to two seconds and has one of the longest retention periods in the market. This semi permanent eyelash glue lasts for up to seven weeks while maintaining a natural look. The lash glue for extensions blends perfectly with your natural lashes, is flexible, and doesn’t leave any residue. It comes in a sealable pouch to keep your glue fresher for longer, and a pin to unblock the glue before each use. This versatile lash glue for lash extensions is great for both classic and voluminous lashes, but should not be used for self-application.
- Safe to use
- Reliable and dependable
- ISO and ITQA-certified
- Not suitable for cluster and strip eyelashes
- May not be suitable for those with an allergy to cyanoacrylate
17. Best Easy-To-Use:Kiss Lash Glueliner
The Kiss lash glue liner is uniquely designed with two uses – it can be used as an eyeliner and an eyelash glue. This waterproof eyeliner and glue blend easily with mink, faux, wisp, matte, and strip lashes. The glue liner glides on the eyes for an even application and works as a great adhesive for lashes. It ensures quality and safety, and the long-lasting formula makes the lash glue for extensions suitable for special occasions and weddings.
- Easy to apply
- Contact lens-friendly
- Gives a matte finish
- Hard to peel off the lashes
- Eyeliner may smudge
18. Best Irritation-Free: Fadlash Eyelash Extension Glue
Fadlash’s glue is one of the strongest glues that can last for eight weeks. It is made of cruelty-free materials and has a proper proportion of catalysts. The lash glue for lash extensions offers maximum bonding power, thin consistency, and low viscosity, making it easy to blend with the lashes. The waterproof and long-lasting features of the eyelash glue that lasts for weeks ensure effortless application. You can use the Fadlash glue to create dramatic eyelashes and explore unique eye makeup.
- Specially designed for artists and professionals
- Comes with a high retention power
- Fast-drying and easy to apply
- Quantity may not be sufficient
- Some might experience a burning sensation
19. Best With No Fumes:Meoly Eyelash Extension Glue
Get strong adhesion with the Meoly eyelash extension glue. Its non-toxic and formaldehyde-free formula ensures it is gentle on your eyes, making it suitable for sensitive eyes. This extension glue is suitable for both professional use and self-application. Further, its no-fume composition ensures it is non-irritating to your eyes. Once applied, it lasts for up to seven weeks.
- Strong hold
- Has thin viscosity
- Dries in three-five seconds
- Free of formaldehyde and latex
- May not be very easy to remove
20. Best Gentle:Bepholan Eyelash Glue
Bepholan Eyelash Glue is made of vegan, safe-on-skin ingredients and provides a strong hold. The gentle formula of the glue ensures a long-lasting hold and makes it suitable for weddings and photo shoots. It can be easily removed with moisturizer. The precise tip ensures an effortless application on the lashes for novices. The Bepholan lash glue for lash extensions blends well with different lashes and gives a natural look.
- Suitable for latex-sensitive eyes
- Made of BPA- and sulfate-free material
- Fast-drying and easy to apply
- May not blend with magnetic eyelashes
- May leave residue
21. Best Transparent:Wendy Lashes Cluster Eyelash Glue
The Wendy Lashes Cluster Eyelash Glue enables you to apply individual lashes precisely. This transparent and clear glue offers strong adhesion that lasts for 48 to 72 hours and dries within two to three seconds. The formula causes no allergy and irritation to your eyes. Additionally, the lash glue is waterproof and sweat-proof, making it suitable for use in the shower or while swimming.
- Offers long-lasting hold
- Suitable for beginners
- Ensures easy removal
- Extra-mild formula
- Latex-free glue
- Consistency may be slightly thick
How To Choose The Right Glue For Eyelash Extensions?
Keep the following factors in mind when choosing a glue for eyelash extensions.
- Expertise: If you are a beginner, you are not going to be as fast as someone who has been doing it for years. So, you need time to ensure correct lash placement, and that’s why you should opt for a glue which has a longer drying time. As you become an expert at it, you can switch to a glue that dries instantly.
- Climate:An optimal range of humidity and temperature is mentioned on the label of all good eyelash glues. It is vital as the performance of your glue depends on these factors. Your adhesive will cure faster if you live in a place with higher humidity, and will take a bit longer to dry if you live in a drier climate. This is because of cyanoacrylate that is present in most eyelash extension glues. Cyanoacrylate is what makes the glue stick to your eyelashes and only starts working at an optimal level of humidity. A dehumidifier or humidifier would also do the job but it’s better to choose a glue that you like and make a mental note to add or subtract to the drying time mentioned on the bottle, depending on the humidity of the place you live in.
- Sensitivity: If you are a professional lash artist, you need to consider that some clients may be sensitive to the fumes, so it is important to have an adhesive for sensitive skin. But that will still just minimize irritation and not eliminate it. If your natural lashes are thin, be sure to choose a glue that has a gentle and light formula. In general, if you have sensitive skin, avoid glues which contain latex or cyanoacrylate as they are common allergens.
- Retention: Anyone using eyelash extensions would want them to last as long as possible, so it’s important to have an eyelash extension glue that delivers the longest retention. The right adhesive along with the right technique and placement will allow you to go longer in between fills. Retention also depends on how fast your lashes grow, and how well they are applied and maintained.
- Color: This totally depends on your personal preference. If you use winged eyeliner and dark eyeshadow, a black glue blends in better. Clear adhesives dry clear over your natural lashes and don’t leave a residue.
- Consistency: A thinner glue dries quickly, it literally takes a couple of seconds. On the other hand, a thicker glue takes longer to dry. If you are in a hurry, avoid a thicker glue. If you are a beginner, it makes sense to buy thicker glues and test them because you need time to adjust the eyelashes. If you use a thinner glue, it may dry out before the eyelashes are properly in place.
Shawnda Dorantes APRN, MSN, FNP-C, a California-based beauty nurse practitioner and founder of Beauty Lounge Medical Spa, says, “It’s important to choose the glue that is best for your skin type and level of expertise. Most eyelash glues rely upon acrylic copolymers to get that tacky consistency; however, it isn’t impossible to find cleaner options that don’t contain toxic chemicals – this list helps with that.” She adds, “I recommend that those with sensitive skin avoid any glues that contain latex, formaldehyde, or fragrance. To avoid ripping out any of your natural eyelashes, use an oil-based product, such as castor oil, to help take them off.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a product writer passionate about beauty and personal care items. She offers detailed information about each product she recommends after analyzing numerous user reviews and related forums. In this post, she has listed the best eyelash extension glues, including individual lash glues and strip lash glues. She has included safe glues without toxic chemicals and mentioned features such as waterproof, long-lasting, and flexibility. She has also mentioned which lash adhesives have ISO certifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should I change eyelash glue?
It is recommended you replace eyelash glue every three to four weeks.
2. How long does eyelash extension glue last once I open the cap?
It depends on how you store it after opening the cap of the glue. It may last for up to two months if stored at the ideal temperature and humidity. Always ensure that you close the cap tightly after use.
3. Does eyelash extension glue damage the natural lashes permanently?
Yes, eyelash glue may affect natural eyelashes as they contain certain chemicals. Also, the lash glue for lash extensions attaches the false lashes to the natural lashes, which can weaken them. Your natural lashes will grow back, but using them excessively may cause permanent damage.
4. What kind of eyelash glue do professionals use?
Eyelash glue used by professionals often contains ethyl cyanoacrylate, as it has quick-drying and strong adhesion properties (1). However, ensure you avoid those with ethyl cyanoacrylate if you have sensitive skin.
5. What happens if I don’t wash my eyelash extensions?
Not washing your eyelash extensions can lead to an accumulation of dirt, oil, and makeup residue on your extensions. This can lead to premature shedding of your extensions, and in some cases, can also lead to infection.
6. How often should I brush my lash extensions?
Brush your lash extensions daily for about 20 seconds using a clean spoolie to extend their life. It can also prevent the criss-crossing of your lashes and help remove any residue.
7. What should I use to wash lash extensions?
You may apply a tiny amount of a gentle foaming lash cleanser to your extensions and gently comb your extensions for a few seconds using a spoolie.
While faux eyelashes help accentuate your eyes and make them look more alluring, choosing the right eyelash glue for extensions is crucial for the lashes to stay intact for longer durations. When buying eyelash glue, make sure it is suitable for the weather conditions of your place. The glue should also be quick-drying and feature a thinner consistency so that the eyelashes don’t take too long to set. In addition, it helps when the eyelash glue is free of harsh chemicals or potential irritants. Keeping these factors in mind, we recommend the Kiss Strip Lash Adhesive as it is odor-free and dermatologist-tested, the Fadlash Lash Bond Cluster Lash Glue for its ultra-high freeze protection, and the Lyon Lash Professional Eyelash Extension Glue for its safe formula with long-lasting retention power.
Infographic: How To Apply Glue For Eyelash Extensions?
Applying eyelash extensions takes a lot of practice and patience. Use a small number of extensions, and increase them gradually as you become more comfortable with the process. Using high-quality, medical-grade glue ensures the extensions stay in place and do not cause irritation or allergic reactions. So, check out this infographic for a step-by-step guide on applying extensions.
- Occupational asthma and rhinitis caused by cyanoacrylate-based eyelash extension glues
- Best Eye Makeups For Sensitive Eyes
- Best Eyeshadow Sticks
- Best Glitter Eyeshadows
- Best Blue Eyeliners