Whether you are a few days into it or a couple of months, you must have started noticing how your skin behaves differently in pregnancy. For some women, acne flares up; and for others, dryness doesn’t leave at all. While adapting to these changes, there is no way you should not be trying ways to keep the skin as healthy as possible. So, here is a list of the best face moisturizers for pregnancy you can try to retain that mommy-to-be glow.
Top Products From Our List
7 Best Face Moisturizers For Pregnancy
Consisting of shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, olive oil, and sesame oil, this moisturizing body oil is helpful for those dealing with dry skin in pregnancy. This 24-hour moisturizing body oil helps improve scars, stretch marks, fine lines, and wrinkles. It also heals dry, damaged skin and balances the uneven skin tone. Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce skin imperfections.
- Hydrates the skin
- Promotes healthy skin cell rejuvenation
- Made from finest natural, raw ingredients
- Non-greasy moisturizing oil
- Smell could be too hard
- Might make hands oily
- May not be effective on stretch marks
The luxurious natural skincare gift set offers the ultimate four organic, all-natural products to make you feel pampered. They nourish, moisturize and heal dry, bumpy, and cracked skin. The gift set comprises a deeply moisturizing and reparative body oil, a rejuvenating foot balm, a thick, luscious buttercream moisturizer, and two soap bars for a gentle, soft clean.
- Made from 100% pure oils
- No artificial additives, chemicals, or water
- Cruelty-free products
- Eco-friendly, vegan, and gluten-free
- Paraben-free products
- Could be greasy
- Smell could be medicated
- May not be helpful for sensitive skin
A daily-use, oil-free face moisturizer, this product offers all-day hydration to normal and sensitive skin. It is manufactured with a broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection. The lotion helps nourish, soothe and restore the skin barrier after an hour without clogging the pores. You can apply this moisturizer to the neck and face after cleansing.
- Perfect Suitable for sensitive skin
- Dermatologist tested for safety
- Paraben- and fragrance-free
- May create tiny crumbs on the skin and might make it red
- May not support makeup after the application
The moisturizing lotion is made from shea butter, jojoba oil, olive oil, and cocoa butter. Adequate for all skin types, this is a thick, luscious body lotion that doesn’t leave you feeling greasy. The product doesn’t have any artificial preservatives. It is also free from paraben, petroleum, and lanolin.
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Safe to use
- Smells delicious
- Contains moisturizing oils
- May cause stretch marks
- Might flake the skin
Available in gel form, this moisturizer is for all skin types. It is oil-free and doesn’t let your skin dry. Consisting of hyaluronic acid, it fights flaky and rough skin without adding any unwanted shine. It is made from plant-based ingredients and helps boost collagen production to decrease the impact of dryness. The gel also helps decrease wrinkles and revives youthful glow with its anti-aging plant stem cells.
- Brings skin’s elasticity
- Improves strength and texture
- Hydrates the skin naturally
- Safe, natural choice
- May leave a flaky residue
- Could be reactive on sensitive skin
- Might be sticky
Available for normal skin types, this oil is made from sunflower oil, rosehip oil, pomegranate seed oil, vitamin E oil, and jojoba oil. The product helps improve the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks. It is clinically proven to help repair skin damage, scars, and stretch marks caused by pregnancy, injury, surgery, and other issues. This is a non-comedogenic, anti-inflammatory formula made from plant-based oils.
- 100% all-natural ingredients
- Safe for all skin types
- Contains no added fragrance or artificial additives
- Free of chemicals
- Multi-use body oil
- May not have any smell
- May not offer any significant changes
Available in a cream-based formula, this moisturizer contains salicylic acid and vitamin C. You can apply it to the whole body, and it helps with the removal of wrinkles. This product is packed with vitamin C, grapeseed oil, and chamomile to help fight against aging signs. This moisturizer is also meant to nourish skin moisture, increase collagen and decrease dark spots.
- Leaves skin fresh and soft
- Doesn’t leave your skin greasy
- Refreshing orange scent
- Contains antifungal properties
- Unclogs blocked pores
- May not be helpful for sensitive skin
- Might make the skin a bit flaky
How To Choose The Right Face Moisturizer For Pregnancy?
Keep these below-mentioned factors in mind before buying a face moisturizer for pregnancy.
- Skin type: If you have dry skin, you need something that has intense hydrating botanical extracts. If you have acne-prone skin, you would have to avoid retinol products. And, sensitive skin would require utmost attention for nourishment.
- Sun protection: You can try mineral sunscreens that come with moisturizing agents to protect the skin from UVB and UVA rays. Ensure the selected product has zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as they are safe to use during pregnancy.
- Anti-wrinkle ingredients: Most moisturizers contain retinoids to decrease fine lines and wrinkles. Generally, retinoids are not recommended during pregnancy. Specific vitamin A derivatives, such as Accutane and tretinoin, may cause embryotoxicity. Do not use any product with harmful ingredients.
- Chemicals: Moisturizers should be free from mineral oils, parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, and fragrances. These ingredients can make your skin drier than before.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it safe to use a moisturizer during pregnancy?
Although using moisturizers is safe during pregnancy, you should be wary when applying to ultra-sensitive, oily, or dry skin. Also, there are certain ingredients you should avoid.
2. How to take care of your skin when pregnant?
You should drink plenty of water, anywhere between 1.5 and 2 liters of water every day. Secondly, apply moisturizer every day after you take a shower. Preventing and treating stretch marks should also be on your list. Also, avoid teeth-whitening products.
You should take adequate hydration and nourishment for the skin during pregnancy. Thus, buying a pregnancy-safe moisturizer will seal your skin moisture and also remove early aging signs. So, keep the points mentioned above in mind and choose the perfect moisturizer for your skin.
- Best Foundation For Dry Skin In India
- Best Primer For Oily Skin In India
- Best Primer For Dry Skin In India
- Best Baby Lotion In India