Although pregnancy might affect our skin, we can ensure healthy and glowing skin throughout pregnancy by using a good moisturizer. We have included a list of the best face moisturizer for pregnancy to make your task easier. These are safe to use throughout the pregnancy and help protect your skin from dryness, acne, and other pregnancy-related skin issues. So look at our list of pregnancy safe face moisturizer to choose the right one that can go with your skin type.
Our Top Picks
7 Best Face Moisturizer For Pregnancy In 2022
1. Best Petroleum-Free: Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Moisturizing Body Oil
Consisting of shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, olive oil, and sesame oil, this moisturizing body oil is helpful for those dealing with dry skin in pregnancy. This 24-hour moisturizing body oil helps improve scars, stretch marks, fine lines, and wrinkles. It also heals dry, damaged skin and balances the uneven skin tone. Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce skin imperfections.
- Hydrates the skin
- Promotes healthy skin cell rejuvenation
- Made from finest natural, raw ingredients
- Non-greasy moisturizing oil
- Smell could be too hard
- Might make hands oily
- May not be effective on stretch marks
2. Best Eco-Friendly: Ancient Greek Remedy Organic Spa Skin Care Gift Set
The luxurious natural skincare gift set offers the ultimate four organic, all-natural products to make you feel pampered. They nourish, moisturize and heal dry, bumpy, and cracked skin. The gift set comprises a deeply moisturizing and reparative body oil, a rejuvenating foot balm, a thick, luscious buttercream moisturizer, and two soap bars for a gentle, soft clean. Learn more about what lies in this skincare gift set by watching this video.
- Made from 100% pure oils
- No artificial additives, chemicals, or water
- Cruelty-free products
- Eco-friendly, vegan, and gluten-free
- Paraben-free products
- Could be greasy
- Smell could be medicated
- May not be helpful for sensitive skin
3. Best Lightweight: La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer
A daily-use, oil-free face moisturizer, this product offers all-day hydration to normal and sensitive skin. It is manufactured with a broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection. The lotion helps nourish, soothe and restore the skin barrier after an hour without clogging the pores. You can apply this moisturizer to the neck and face after cleansing. This video review would help you understand more about the product.
- Perfect Suitable for sensitive skin
- Dermatologist tested for safety
- Paraben- and fragrance-free
- May create tiny crumbs on the skin and might make it red
- May not support makeup after the application
4. Best Moisturizing: Bella B Silk & Honey Moisturizing Lotion
The moisturizing lotion is made from shea butter, jojoba oil, olive oil, and cocoa butter. Adequate for all skin types, this is a thick, luscious body lotion that doesn’t leave you feeling greasy. The product doesn’t have any artificial preservatives. It is also free from paraben, petroleum, and lanolin.
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Safe to use
- Smells delicious
- Contains moisturizing oils
- May cause stretch marks
- Might flake the skin
5. Best Anti-Aging: Eva Ultra Moisturizing Hydrating Gel
Available in gel form, this moisturizer is for all skin types. It is oil-free and doesn’t let your skin dry. Consisting of hyaluronic acid, it fights flaky and rough skin without adding any unwanted shine. It is made from plant-based ingredients and helps boost collagen production to decrease the impact of dryness. The gel also helps decrease wrinkles and revives youthful glow with its anti-aging plant stem cells.
- Brings skin’s elasticity
- Improves strength and texture
- Hydrates the skin naturally
- Safe, natural choice
- May leave a flaky residue
- Could be reactive on sensitive skin
- Might be sticky
6. Best Anti-Inflammatory: Bio-Oil Skincare Oil
Available for normal skin types, this oil is made from sunflower oil, rosehip oil, pomegranate seed oil, vitamin E oil, and jojoba oil. The product helps improve the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks. It is clinically proven to help repair skin damage, scars, and stretch marks caused by pregnancy, injury, surgery, and other issues. This is a non-comedogenic, anti-inflammatory formula made from plant-based oils. Check out this video that gives more information about the product’s effectiveness.
- 100% all-natural ingredients
- Safe for all skin types
- Contains no added fragrance or artificial additives
- Free of chemicals
- Multi-use body oil
- May not have any smell
- May not offer any significant changes
7. Best Nourishing: Belli Healthy Glow Facial Hydrator and Moisturizer
Available in a cream-based formula, this moisturizer contains salicylic acid and vitamin C. You can apply it to the whole body, and it helps with the removal of wrinkles. This product is packed with vitamin C, grapeseed oil, and chamomile to help fight against aging signs. This moisturizer is also meant to nourish skin moisture, increase collagen and decrease dark spots.
- Leaves skin fresh and soft
- Doesn’t leave your skin greasy
- Refreshing orange scent
- Contains antifungal properties
- Unclogs blocked pores
- May not be helpful for sensitive skin
- Might make the skin a bit flaky
How To Choose The Right Face Moisturizer For Pregnancy?
Keep these below-mentioned factors in mind before buying a face moisturizer for pregnancy.
- Skin type: If you have dry skin, you need something that has intense hydrating botanical extracts. If you have acne-prone skin, you would have to avoid retinol products. And, sensitive skin would require utmost attention for nourishment.
- Sun protection: You can try mineral sunscreens that come with moisturizing agents to protect the skin from UVB and UVA rays. Ensure the selected product has zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as they are safe to use during pregnancy.
- Anti-wrinkle ingredients: Most moisturizers contain retinoids to decrease fine lines and wrinkles. Generally, retinoids are not recommended during pregnancy. Specific vitamin A derivatives, such as Accutane and tretinoin, may cause embryotoxicity. Do not use any product with harmful ingredients.
- Chemicals: Moisturizers should be free from mineral oils, parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, and fragrances. These ingredients can make your skin drier than before.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag has experience writing high-quality and well-researched content for skin care products. After conducting extensive research and analyzing customer reviews across online platforms, she has created this list of the best face moisturizers. Her priority was to choose products compatible with all skin types. She has selected products that have skin-friendly ingredients, smooth consistency, and a long-lasting hydrating effect on the skin. Poulami has also included how-to-choose and FAQ sections to help you choose the right product.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it safe to use a moisturizer during pregnancy?
Although using moisturizers is safe during pregnancy, you should be wary when applying to ultra-sensitive, oily, or dry skin. Also, there are certain ingredients you should avoid.
2. How to take care of my skin when pregnant?
You should drink plenty of water, anywhere between 1.5 and 2 liters of water every day. Secondly, apply moisturizer every day after you take a shower. Preventing and treating stretch marks should also be on your list. Also, avoid teeth-whitening products.
3. Why should I hydrate my face during pregnancy?
Pregnancy causes hormonal changes, which affect the skin, hair, and body. Due to hormonal changes, your skin may become drier, darker, or form patches due to sun exposure (1). So keeping the skin hydrated can minimize the effects of pregnancy on the skin.
4. What ingredients should I avoid in moisturizer while pregnant?
Avoid moisturizers infused with ingredients, such as retinoids, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and hydroquinone (2). In addition, experts recommend consulting a healthcare professional before using any skincare product during pregnancy.
5. Is vitamin C moisturizer safe during pregnancy?
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that prevents premature aging skin. It doesn’t harm the fetus or pregnant women when applied topically, so it is considered safe to use during pregnancy (3).
Using the best face moisturizers for pregnancy keeps your skin hydrated and nourished. Pregnancy can make the skin drier, and moisturizers are essential to keep your skin healthy. However, make sure to purchase a pregnancy-safe skin moisturizer to protect your skin. Choose the moisturizer based on your skin type to avoid excessive dryness or oily skin. You may ask for a doctor’s opinion to find a suitable moisturizer if your skin is sensitive or has skin conditions such as acne.
- Changes to your skin during pregnancy
- Safety of skin care products during pregnancy
- Skin Changes and Safety Profile of Topical Products During Pregnancy
- Best Beauty Products For Pregnancy
- Best Face Creams
- Best Korean Face Creams
- Best Lotions For Baby’s Dry Skin
View Profile ›