Facial steamers help deep-cleanse your skin by opening up pores. Investing in the best facial steamers can help your skin stay healthy without any chances of injury. Available in various designs and prices, it might become confusing for you to select one that suits your needs the most. So to make your work easy, have a look at our list of most popular facial steamers compiled here.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Facial Steamers
Lonove’s facial steamer gives you nano ionic steam. The ionic mist is ten times faster in penetrating the skin and opening pores while also deeply hydrating it. Additionally, it comes with a blackhead extractor kit and hairband. Here’s a video to help you know more about this product’s features and benefits.
- Durable built-in water tank does not lead to overflow of water
- Helps hydrate dry skin
- Boosts blood circulation
- Helps tackle sinus
- Made of BPA-free material
- Steam might smell of plastic
- The machine may lack durability
Pure Daily Care’s Nano Steamer generates nano-ionic steam that effectively opens up skin pores. It comes with a Five-piece stainless steel skin kit that helps rid the skin of impurities. Its large 200ml water tank can give you steam for as long as 30 minutes. This video takes you through this product’s unique features, making it easier for you to make a buying decision.
- Ionic channeling ensures better absorption of skin products
- Promotes production of collagen
- Enhances skin elasticity and firmness
- Doubles up as a room humidifier
- The machine can spit out hot water instead of steam
- The water tank may not last long
Why run to the salon when you can have your spa at home? This Zorra facial steamer comes with a combination of hot and cold modes that create negatively charged ionic particles of nano-steam, so you can have a relaxing facial at home. It comes with a blackhead extractor kit to clear blackheads after your steaming session. For a more detailed review of this product, here’s a video.
- Made of ABS thermoplastic polymer
- Helps moisturize dry skin
- The scratch-proof body reduces the risk of infections
- Can function effectively even on low power
- The small tank offers less steam
- Does not come with temperature control
If you want a steamer that can accompany you even when travelling, then here is one. This compact facial steamer can be taken and stored anywhere. Its quick action makes it easy to use and quick to be done with it.
- The portable body is easy to travel with
- Creates steam within 30 seconds
- Helps clear out dead skin
- Can hydrate and moisturize the skin
- Parts of the machine may get damaged sooner
Amconsure’s facial steamer comes equipped with a set of dermatologist-recommended tools that help remove blackheads and treat acne and whiteheads. Its warm mist penetrates the skin deeply and boosts blood circulation.
- Helps purify skin
- Promotes cell vitality
- Steam is warm and safe to inhale
- Ensures better absorption of skin products
- Vapor may have a strong plastic smell
- The steam density may not be consistent
Lonove’s facial steamer comes with a 360-degree petal mouth design that eliminates any chance of runaway water. The brand claims that the nanoparticles produced in this steamer are 4,000 times finer than regular steam particles. It comes with a patented inner UV protection system that processes the nano-mist, so you get only the cleanest of steam possible.
- Boosts blood circulation
- Helps replenish dry, dull skin
- Steamer stops automatically after 10 minutes
- Does not give off a plastic smell
- Leakage-proof and nozzle crack-proof
- Steam produced may lack density
Villsure’s ionic face steamer moisturizes skin and also deep cleanses it. It comes with a 65ml water tank that gives 10 minutes of uninterrupted steam. The package includes a pair of silicone brushes so you can apply your purifying mask after the steaming session. It also includes a headband to hold back your hair.
- Warm mist boosts blood circulation and reduces signs of aging
- The handle makes the steamer easy to transfer and carry along
- Machine shuts down automatically when the water level is low
- Made of BPA-free material
- Water tank may not be durable
Vanity Planet’s facial steamer comes with an 85ml water tank that can give you pure thick steam. When you feel like soaking in the benefits of essential oil, you can add a drop of the chosen essential oil on the basket’s foam portion and place it on the device’s nozzle.
ProsHere’s a video to help you know more about this product’s features and benefits.
- Therapeutic steam helps you relax
- Nano-sized water molecules hydrate and clean the skin
- Helps soften and clarify skin
- Adjustable nozzle for convenience
- Water tank may get damaged soon
Ezbasics face steamer allows you to have aromatherapy at home. All you have to do is add a few drops of your favorite essential oil on some cotton pads and then place the pads on the built-in aromatherapy tablets and relax. The package comes with a five-piece skin kit that helps to remove blackheads easily.
- Adjustable nozzle offers complete face steaming experience
- Shuts-off in case water runs out
- Made of non-toxic and non-irritating material
- The machine comes with a 1-year warranty
- Machine may get spoilt easily
Homful nano ionic facial steamer comes with an ion nozzle, and UV ion reaction light that ensures the steam touching your face is the cleanest. The package includes a free four-Piece blackhead extractor kit to easily remove blackheads and whiteheads.
- The warm mist helps prevent signs of aging
- Helps flush out toxins seated deeply in the skin
- The steam melts hardened sebum and clears off blackheads
- The machine generates steam within 30 seconds
- Steam may not have a consistent flow
Recommended by dermatologists, Microderm’s GLO facial steamer sprays ionic mist that can make your skin squeaky clean in no time. It replenishes skin, so you have bright and radiant skin.
- Nano steam helps balance the skin’s pH level
- The ionic mist helps improve complexion
- The steam outlet offers 30° adjustable precision control
- Comes with auto shut-off feature for safe use
- The water tank may not be very durable
- May not work consistently
Okachi Gliya’s face steamer combines the conventional PTC heating element and a new ultrasonic vaporizer, which then generates nano steam that comes with negatively charged ionic particles. Its 80ml water tank helps give you 15 minutes of steam.
- Pro-UV system gives you purest form of steam
- Auto shut-off function ensures safe usage
- Comes with a double-sided HD face mirror
- Helps boost production of collagen
- Promotes cell vitality
- Steam lacks force and density
- The machine may not last long
Using nano-atomization technology, this steamer helps add some moisture to dry, lackluster skin while getting rid of toxins and other skin impurities. It comes with a four-piece stainless steel skin kit that will help get rid of blackheads and whiteheads. It also includes a cute hairband to keep your baby hair back while you steam your face.
- Vapor helps eliminate pigmented spots
- Clears clogged sinuses
- Helps control acne and blackheads
- The brand offers one year warranty on machines
- Steam may give off a plastic smell
Troubled with dry skin? Inkint’s nano ionic facial steamer can generate nano-water molecules that can penetrate through the layers of skin to help get rid of toxins seated deep into the skin. Its horn shape outlet ensures consistent outflow of mist.
- The 90ml water tank generates vapor for around 10 minutes
- Can help clean dirt lodged in hair follicles
- The automatic water-off function enables safe use
- The machine does not make any noise
- Machine tends to splash water after a few uses
This steamer is for all those who like to lie down and relax while taking steam. The Kingsteam facial steamer comes with an extendable and adjustable arm, so you can use it any way you want.
- High-tech ozone function offers the cleanest of mist
- Auto shut-off function shuts down machine when the water level is low
- Rotatable spray tube enables convenient usage
- May not be able to generate a lot of mist
How Does A Facial Steamer Work?
Most facial steamers boil water at 110° F (43° C) to generate steam. When this steam comes in contact with the skin, it increases perspiration and pumps up blood circulation. The sweat released washes off the toxins and body wastes accumulated underneath the skin, revealing a clean, fresh, and radiant skin.
How To Use Facial Steamers?
To use a facial steamer, you can follow these simple steps:
- Fill the water tank: Every steamer comes with a water tank that produces steam. So, you first have to fill the water tank and place it tightly in its designated holder.
- Take in the steam: Switch the machine on and after around 30 seconds to a minute, the steam will start pouring out. Keep your face at a safe distance of five to ten inches away from the nozzle and hold it that way for the next ten minutes.
- After steaming skincare: After ten minutes, you can switch off the machine and wipe your face with a clean towel followed by the skincare regime that you wish to follow.
Safety Precautions To Take When Using Facial Steamers
Though largely considered safe, facial steaming may still not be suitable for all skin types. This is especially for those suffering from skin conditions such as rosacea, severe acne, or any other skin condition. People with sensitive skin may also test it before using. .Hence, it is always best to first seek advice from your dermatologist before investing money in a steaming machine.
Also, when you do buy a machine, it is important you ensure that it is washed clean and free of bacteria. Unclean machines can cause unwanted skin conditions.
How To Choose The Right Facial Steamer?
When looking for a facial steamer, you can look for the following features:
- The reputation of the brand
- Should come with some warranty
- The maximum steam time it offers
- Generates nano-ionic steam or high-quality ozone function to give clean steam
- Ideally made of BPA-free material
- Should be leakage-proof
- Should not give off a plastic smell
- Preferably has the auto shut-off option in case water runs out
- The nozzle should be adjustable, so you are not forced to sit in a single, rigid position
1. Is facial steaming good for your face?
Facial steaming is considered good for the face because it offers the following benefits:
- Opens up the skin pores and softens blackheads to help deep cleanse the skin.
- With unclogged pores, it is easy to clear dead skin, bacteria, and skin impurities.
- Enables better absorption of skin products.
- Hydrates the skin and leaves it plump and fresh-looking.
- Boosts blood circulation and helps tighten the skin.
However, do not get swayed away by these benefits and overdo facial steaming. It is best to limit facial steam sessions to just once a week and not more than that.
2. How long should one steam their face?
You can steam your face for anytime between eight and ten minutes. But do not do it for more than 15 minutes, as overexposure to steam can cause skin inflammation.
These were some of the most popular facial steamers available online. Have you ever used a facial steamer at home? If yes, how was your experience using it? If you have any tips and tricks to get the perfect steaming experience, then do share them with us in the comments section below.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a fashion, haircare, and skincare enthusiast and conducts extensive research on the products she recommends by analyzing their user reviews and specifications. She has compiled this list of the best facial steamers in the market based on factors such as durability, quality, and safety. This post also contains a well-researched buying guide with the pros and cons of each product to help you make an informed choice.