Are you having a hard time drinking tap water due to its off-putting taste and odor? Then it’s high time you installed a faucet water filter system onto your taps. A faucet-mount water filter is a convenient water filtering solution that removes unwanted contaminants and impurities from water, making it better tasting and suitable for drinking and cooking. This gadget is inexpensive, easy to install, and low maintenance. It filters water right as you open the tap. Getting clean, fresh, and crisp-tasting drinking water can’t get any easier than this!
But how do you know which faucet water filter is efficient? With so many products available, it might be challenging to find the right one. We have solved this problem by putting together a list of the 11 best faucet water filters just for you!
11 Best Faucet Water Filters
Certain pipes that carry water from the water source to your taps at home may contain lead, which makes its way into drinking water. This toxic metal is colorless, odorless, and tasteless and can go unnoticed. Since there is no safe level of exposure to lead, it poses a significant threat to the health of the people. Therefore, for the well-being of your family, you must consider investing in a good drinking water filtration system such as this PUR FM-3700 Advanced Faucet Water Filtration System. This gadget can eliminate 99% lead along with reducing 70 contaminants. Though it is made of plastic, this faucet attachment has a stainless steel finish. It is sleek, easy to set up, and features a vertical filter cartridge that takes less space over the sink.
- Available in 2 colors
- Features a filter change indicator light
- Activated carbon and ion exchange help reduce impurities
- Features a MineralClear core that ensures refreshingly tasty water.
- It provides 100 gallons of filtered water before you need replacement.
- The plastic housing may not be durable.
Are you planning to stop the use of bottled water once and for all? But you are afraid the tap water may be unsuitable for drinking? Using a water filter system can ensure you get clean water every time. A single Brita Tap Water Filter System provides 100 gallons of filtered water that equals to 750 standard 16 oz. plastic water bottles. Water filters can replace thousands of plastic bottles and reduce plastic in landfills. As for the installation of this gadget, it is quick and easy – all you have to do is directly attach it onto the faucet, and you’re done.
- Fast water flow
- Filters out odor
- Reduces 60 contaminants including 99% lead
- It features a light sensor to let you know when to replace the gadget.
- Tends to crack leading to leaks
Your search for the best home faucet water filter ends here with this Waterdrop ACF Faucet Filtration System. One of the highest-capacity water filters, this filtration system provides up to 320 gallons of water, which amounts to 3 months of average usage. Plus, you won’t have to worry about drinking contaminated water as it reduces 94.5% of chlorine, lead, fluoride, and many other contaminants, while retaining beneficial minerals. This plastic filter features Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF), which is a highly efficient filtration material that has a higher adsorption capacity.
- Multi-stage filtration
- 0.5 GPM strong and steady water flow rate
- Can fill upto 4 bottles in 1 minute
- Includes 6 adapters of varied sizes
- It allows you to switch between filtered and regular water with ease.
- May be a little flimsy
Durable, low maintenance, and easy to install – what’s not to love about this water filter system. Culligan FM-25 Faucet Mount Filter is an advanced water filtering system with a flow rate of 0.5 GPM at 60 PSI. It gives clean and great-tasting water within 10 minutes of installation. Plus, it produces 200 gallons of water that last for 2 months depending on your usage. This gadget comes with a diverter valve stem that allows you to switch from drinking water to regular tap water quickly and easily.
- Removes bad taste and odor
- Features carbon block filtration
- Includes adapters to fit all standard sink nozzles.
- It reduces sediments, chlorine, lead, particulates class I, and other harmful elements.
- The filter may be difficult to unscrew from the tap.
Tap water is the most cost-effective and convenient way of quenching your thirst and staying hydrated. That said, drinking water that is not properly filtered may cause health issues such as diarrhea and cholera. Enter Engdenton Faucet Water Filter. Featuring ACF technology (made of Japan carbon fiber), this filter system improves taste, reduces odor and chlorine, and removes sand, rust, dirt, and other impurities. In addition to that, it also inhibits bacteria. This stainless steel water filter faucet is sturdy, durable, and can withstand any amount of water pressure.
- High-quality food-grade material
- Quick and easy installation
- Fits standard faucets
- Fast water flow
- Can swivel 360° at any angle
- It can filter 360 gallons of water (6 months of usage).
- May not reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
If you are looking for a water filter system that is economical, efficient and has a straightforward installation process, this water filter by DuPont is your best option. Made of plastic, it features a chrome finish that gives this gadget a modern appearance. It includes an NSF-certified filter that can reduce chlorine, sediments, and heavy metals such as lead and mercury. It also improves the odor, taste, and clarity of the water. This system also comes with built-in antimicrobial product protection inside cartridge housing and media to prevent the development of germs.
- It has a 100-gallon filtering capacity
- Can be attached to standard kitchen faucets
- Comes with faucet adapters, washers, and plumbing tape
- It is prone to leaking without the tape.
Have you experienced a bleach-like smell or taste in your tap water lately? This is a result of your water being contaminated with chlorine. To be on the safer side, you might want to run your water through a filter before drinking. WINGSOL Faucet Water Filter primarily filters chlorine while also removing sediments and improving taste. With this at your disposal, you can quickly drink clean and clear water anytime you want. It is easy to install and features a 360° swivel design that allows you to angle it in any direction for water output.
- Made of durable stainless steel
- Cracking-proof and leak-free
- Suitable for standard faucets
- It can filter up to 360 gallons of water that may last for around 6 months.
- May not reduce TDS
If you’re residing in a rented apartment and are looking to install a water filter system, a tap water filter is your best bet. LCF Water Filter Faucet is made of high-quality, food-grade 304 stainless steel that is corrosion-resistant and does not crack or deform. Featuring a ceramic shell and coconut shell ACF, it filters water by removing 99% chlorine, benzene, fluoride, lead, and asbestos. It fits most standard faucets and includes 2 outlet modes – filtered and unfiltered water, which is an excellent option for people who use the same tap water for cleaning vessels.
- Retains beneficial minerals
- Inhibits bacterial growth
- Comes with 4 replacement filter elements
- Compact and durable
- The filter needs to be replaced every 3 months.
- May not be suitable for spray style faucets or faucets with sensors.
Are you on the hunt for a filter capable of removing most of the contaminants from your drinking water? Give Lelekey Tap Water Filter System a try. This tap water filter comes with a seaweed mud ceramic filter cartridge that effectively removes up to 60 contaminants, including rust, sediment, dust, and heavy metals. It also absorbs any foul smell and residual chlorine to provide clean and fresh drinking water. While the food-grade 304 stainless steel housing ensures sturdiness and durability, the 360° swivel design allows you to adjust the angle based on your preference. Plus, it provides up to 528 gallons of filtered water that will come for over 6 months, depending on the usage and water conditions.
- Stable and fast water flow rate
- Water goes through 6 layers of filtration (ACF technology)
- It includes a washable and replaceable filter element.
- It comes with 4 different types of adapters and Teflon tape.
- It features a lever switch to shift between filtered and regular tap water.
- Might be bulky
Water filters are an excellent way to deal with the constant problem of tap water contamination. With BOSNELL Faucet Water Filter, you won’t have to worry about harmful pollutants and heavy metals entering your bloodstream. It uses an ACF technology consisting of a 7-layer replaceable ceramic filter that eliminates chlorine, dirt, rust, sand, and reduces lead, fluoride, iron, mercury, and arsenic. It can also prevent bacterial growth and improve the taste of water, making it safe to drink. One of the best things about this filter is that it is sturdy and durable and can handle high water pressure, thanks to its food-grade 304 stainless steel housing. Additionally, the 360° swivel joint makes it easy to operate.
- Explosion and cracking-proof
- Delivers 0.5 GPM filtered water
- Easy to switch between 2 outlets
- Comes with external/internal threaded faucet adapter
- It provides 320 gallons of filtered water (3 to 6 months of use).
- The ceramic filter may have a chemical odor.
If the water in your locality contains a lot of chemicals or heavy metals, then this water filter by Foretek is the one that you should go with. This system uses an activated carbon filter that significantly reduces the concentration of chloride, lead, and fluoride so that you drink healthy water at all times. All while it retains beneficial minerals like calcium and magnesium. This is a high-capacity filter that will provide filtered water for 5 to 6 months of average usage. It is made from sturdy material, is easy to install, and can be securely mounted onto any standard faucet.
- No leaks
- Easy to remove
- The cartridge can be replaced.
- Includes 7 different connectors
- It has 3 water flow options.
- The fixtures may be a little flimsy.
To help you find the right faucet water filter, we have put down a few points that might help you make an informed decision.
Benefits Of Faucet Water Filter
- Produces healthier water than what comes out of the faucet directly.
- It is easy to install – it does not take more than 5 or 10 minutes.
- Eliminates or reduces the concentration of chlorine from the water.
- Improves taste and removes the foul odor.
- Some water filters can prevent bacterial growth.
- It reduces the concentration of heavy metals.
How Does A Faucet Water Filter Work?
Faucet water filters use a cartridge filter to remove contaminants from the water. Let’s look at the working of this gadget.
- Sediment/dirt removal: The first step in the filtration process is to remove sediment, dirt, and rust that has made its way into the water. This process is done with the help of the non-woven screen surrounding the cartridge, which can block small and large particles.
- Removal of contaminants: Once the water is free of debris or dirt, it passes through the active carbon block with a porous surface. Here, the water contaminants are blocked or trapped using an adsorption process. Further, the filtration process minimizes the contamination level of chlorine and heavy chemicals such as lead, mercury, and arsenic.
How To Install A Tap Water Filter?
A tap water filter is a compact and easy-to-use device that can be mounted onto your kitchen faucet with ease. Here are a few steps that you can follow to install a water filter:
- Completely shut off the water supply by closing the valves under the sink.
- Remove the faucet aerator. If it’s tightly closed, you could use a wrench to loosen it.
- Now lay out all the parts that came in the package of your water filter.
- Most filters come with more than one adapter and washer. So, select the adaptor that fits your faucet.
- Attach the adapter and washer on the faucet.
- Fit the filter (with the cartridge inside) to the faucet and tighten it well.
- Open the tap and turn the knob (if it has one) to select the filtered water option.
- Test to see if the water flow is steady and smooth, and there are no leaks.
- Allow the water to run for at least 10 minutes before you use it for drinking.
How To Clean A Faucet Filter?
The only cleaning or maintenance that a water filter requires is replacing the cartridge once it’s dirty. This varies based on the capacity of the filter element. Some filters need to be replaced once a month, while others last for 6 months. All you need to do is unscrew the filter housing, remove the old filter, and put in a new one.
How To Choose The Right Faucet Water Filter?
- Filter capacity: The capacity of a filter is of utmost importance. A basic faucet water filter will have a minimum capacity of 100 gallons and can go upto 2000 gallons. The capacity you require depends on the level of impurities in the water and how much you use.
- Size: Most water filters are around the same size, or some may be slightly larger than the others. Choose a size based on the size of your kitchen sink.
- Material: Almost all faucet water filters are made of durable stainless steel. But you will find a few plastic filters as well. If you are looking for something long-lasting, opt for a metal one.
- Ease of installation: The fact is that most of them are easy to install and don’t require any extra tools.
- Additional features: A flow selector could be an essential factor for some as it lets you switch between filtered and unfiltered water by just turning the knob. Other must-have features that you should look out for are whether it has a 360° swivel design or a light sensor that indicates when your cartridge needs to be replaced.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often do I have to change the filters?
It depends on the capacity of the cartridge. If your filter has 100 to 200-gallon capacity, it would have to be replaced every 2 to 3 months.
2. Does my water filter remove limescale?
Yes. But not all water filters are capable of removing or stopping the formation of limescale.
Now that you have gone through our list of the 11 best faucet water filters and our helpful buying guide, it would be easy to decide on the right one. These gadgets are increasingly becoming popular among many households due to its highly-efficient quality of blocking and eliminating contaminants from the water. In addition to that, they are environmentally-friendly and a great replacement to bottled waters. Which of these water filters would you choose? Tell us in the comments below!