When it comes to your baby, you can never take chances and definitely not when it is about their feeding bottle. It has to be absolutely safe with no toxic material whatsoever as that has a direct impact on your baby’s health. And of course, it has to be convenient to use, handle, and clean. Breastfeeding is the best but if for whatever reason you need to partly or completely depend on a feeding bottle, it should simulate the mother’s breast as much as possible.
There are a variety of glass, plastic, and stainless steel feeding bottles available in the market. So, here’s a review of some of the best feeding bottles in India that you can consider buying for your child.
11 Best Feeding Bottles In India
One of the best feeding bottles in India, this product is made of BPA-free polypropylene, which makes it very safe for your baby. The wide breast shaped nipple makes it easier for your baby to latch on and feed. The nipple is soft and flexible which prevents it from collapsing. It has an advanced and innovative twin valve design which vents air into the bottle and prevents your baby from suffering from colic or discomfort. Its ergonomic shape makes this feeding bottle easy and comfortable to hold. It has a wide neck which makes it easy to pour the milk in and also easy to clean. It comes in a pack of two baby feeding bottles with a capacity of 260ml and can be used by babies aged one month and above.
- Made under EU regulations
- Can be used in milk warmer
- Angled nipple
- Not dishwasher-safe
This feeding bottle consists of a premium grade stainless steel bottle, and food grade silicone attachments with a plastic ring and dome. This anti-colic bottle with a capacity of 240 ml, has a natural flow that prevents your baby from suffering discomfort and stomach pain. It has no coating on the inside, making it very safe to use. It comes with an ultra-soft peristaltic nipple that helps redirect air so that it’s not swallowed by your baby. Featuring comfortable handles, it is easy for your baby to hold while feeding. This bottle comes with 3 different caps, which makes it very versatile as it can be used as a sippy cup, milk bottle with nipple, or a thermos. It comes with an extra soft silicone straw that provides an easy transition from a sippy cup to the next stage of feeding bottles. You can rest assured that there will be no spillage as it has an easy to close swivel top.
- Lead, nitrosamines-free
- PET and PVC-free
- Free of phthalates
- Keeps liquid insulated for 10+ hours
- The plastic lid might crack over time.
This stainless steel feeding bottle is made from BPA-free, food grade polypropylene material and has a capacity of 240 ml. This premium quality and ergonomically designed feeding bottle has a double walled stainless steel thermal body with smooth contours that soothe the baby while feeding. Its vacuum seal maintains the milk at a moderate temperature while its agitator attachment maintains the consistency of milk. Its nipple attachment ring is interchangeable with most major brands, making it all the more convenient. Its silicon peristaltic nipple redirects air which prevents your baby from swallowing air and developing colic.
- Calibrated bottle
- Milk may leak from nipple in some cases
This milk bottle for babies has a capacity of 8oz / 250ml and can be used with or without the vent system. It is made of BPA-free plastic and contains a silicon level 1 nipple. This is a convertible bottle that can be conveniently used with or without the vent system. This new vent system is designed to cater to the growth of your baby and helps to reduce feeding problems, helps in digestion, and in preserving the vitamins of the milk as it reduces oxidation by air bubbles. The vent prevents aeration of the milk, vacuum pressure, and teat collapse. It also creates a steady and even paced flow of milk, and provides a feeding experience similar to many nipple-vented bottles. It has been clinically proven that this feeding bottle brings down the chances of colic and wind in your baby.
- Angled nipple
- Lightweight, just 125 gms
- Comes with a cleaning brush
- Higher level nipples are available separately
- Not dishwasher-safe
This newborn baby milk bottle gives a natural feeling as it replicates the instinctive way a baby feeds, thus making the transition from breast to bottle very easy. The nipple is made of silicon which is extra-soft and elastic. It is positioned in a way that makes it ideal for newborns and also ensures that your baby’s neck is in the correct position. Its dual anti-colic valve prevents air from being swallowed, so your baby doesn’t suffer from stomach pain. This feeding bottle has a wide mouth that makes it both easy to fill and clean.
- Lightweight, only 112 gms
- Regular and steady flow of milk
- BPA-free polypropylene
- Uniquely aligned teat
- Not dishwasher-safe
This newborn feeding bottle is made of food grade stainless steel and has a capacity of 150 ml. It has vacuum sealed walls that keep the milk hot or cold for hours. This stainless steel feeding bottle is ideal to carry when traveling with your baby, as it’s not only insulated but also spill-proof and includes a travel cover. The body of the bottle is streamlined and designed for an easy grip. Made under the strictest safety measures, it does not allow harmful chemicals to leach into the milk. It comes with a soft silicon nipple that neither cracks or tears. The nipple is well contoured and comes with multiple easy grip lines. It ensures a steady flow of milk so that your baby does not swallow air and suffer from colic. The teat is both odorless and tasteless, thus not interfering with your baby’s feeding. This eco-friendly feeding bottle is safe, reusable, and durable.
- Some may find the bottle too small.
This baby milk bottle is completely free of BPA, lead, PVC, phthalates or other toxins that can contaminate your baby’s milk. The soft, flexible, and squeezable silicone feeding bottle is designed for cereals and semi-solid food and is safe for storing food. It has a tight seal at the neck which makes it spill proof. It also has a silicon spoon which can be used for feeding the baby 4 months onwards, making the transition from liquid to semi-solid food easier. There is a hygienic cover around the spoon that prevents leaking. Each part of the bottle can be disassembled for cleaning before the next use.
- Orthodontic nipple
- Leak-proof design
- Easy to clean
- Some people may find the spoon too hard
This feeding bottle for infants is made from BPA-free polypropylene and has a medium sized nipple which is suitable for babies above the age of 3 months. It is heat-resistant till 120°C and has a special sensor that eliminates all guesswork and tells you if the temperature of the milk is right for your baby or not. If the color of the heat sensor changes to pink from purple, it means the milk is too hot for your baby. Once it reaches the right temperature, the sensor goes back to its original purple color. It has a vented nipple that prevents your baby from swallowing air and suffering from wind or stomach pain. This feeding bottle has an easy-to-read scale that enables you to measure out the milk exactly. Its cover has a unique hood design to fit on the bottle securely while its body is curved for an easy grip.
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Anti-colic nipple
- Some may not be satisfied with the flow of the milk
The unique design of this food-grade stainless steel feeding bottle allows for easy heating and cooling of liquids. This product is of a high quality and is safe and anti-bacterial. It has a smooth and sleek design which makes it easy to use. This 2-in-1 feeding bottle comes with a sipper as well and has a capacity of 290 ml with measurement markings on the bottle. It comes with a 100% food-grade silicone nipple that is medically tested. Its peristaltic nipple prevents the baby from gulping air thus reducing the chances of stomach pain and wind. It has a screw-on nipple cap and a push-type outer lid which makes it completely leak-proof. It features a hygienic cover to prevent any mess while traveling and convenient handles for the baby to grip while feeding.
- No stale smell
- Comes with a sipper
- Some may find the bottle heavy
This feeding bottle is made from non-toxic international quality glass that is both safe and durable. Its multi-functional design ensures ease of use and keeps the milk warm and also prevents leakage even when the bottle is tilted or is being carried around. The breast shaped silicon nipple is ultra soft and flexible and simulates the mother’s breast, making bottle feeding all the more convenient. Its unique anti-colic air vent technology prevents your baby from sucking in air while feeding. You can use nipples with different flow rates to keep up with your baby’s growth. The teat is odorless and tasteless so your baby gets the natural taste of milk. It has a perfectly fitting, dome-shaped cap to keep the nipple protected.
- Conforms to international laws of safety
- Indian Medical Academy for Preventive Health-certified
- May crack if milk is too hot
Made from 100% BPA-free polypropylene material and with a capacity of 60 ml, this bottle is durable and lightweight. Its ergonomic shape makes it comfortable to hold and can even be held by the baby. It has a peristaltic nipple which facilitates easy and natural sucking. It also comes with an anti-colic valve that prevents unwanted air intake and minimizes the chances of colic. Its ultra soft silicon nipple regulates the smooth flow of milk, and its double thickness ensures softness and elasticity so that your baby can latch on comfortably and easily.
- Easy to clean
- Easy to assemble
- Doubles as breastmilk storage bottle
- Comes with a protective cover
- Too small
How To Choose The Right Feeding Bottle In India?
Here are a few points on what you should look out for when buying a feeding bottle for your baby.
1. Material of the bottle: There are a bunch of materials that you can choose from. Glass bottles are considered better as they are free of chemicals and last longer. The downside is that they are prone to breaking. But it is possible to get silicon covers for the bottles to avoid damage. Plastic bottles are more durable but they deteriorate and need to be frequently replaced. You need to carefully check that the plastic bottle is not chipped or cracked and that they come with a ‘BPA-Free’ label.
Among plastic bottles, an opaque bottle is the best option since these are BPA free and you should also check for the recycle symbol. Silicon bottles are very light and easy for a baby to hold and they are also unbreakable, so can be used for a long time. Stainless steel bottles are unbreakable and BPA-free. Like silicon bottles they last long.
2. Latex vs silicone nipple: Latex nipples simulate the mother’s breast more closely as they are softer and more flexible, but they do not last as long as silicon nipples. Silicon nipples are also less porous and easier to maintain. They can be cleaned in the dishwasher and are also more heat resistant and less prone to bacterial infections.
3. Size of the nipple: Though all nipples come with an age indicator, you should upturn the bottle and see if the milk drips out steadily. If the nipple is too small, the baby may have to struggle to suck and if it’s too big, the baby might choke. There are a variety of nipples to choose from like bell or dome-shaped, naturally-shaped nipples that simulate the mother’s breast, orthodontic nipples for teething babies, and vented nipples that prevent the creation of a vacuum and colic.
4. Shape of the nipple: Choose a bottle with a nipple that has a large, broad base as it helps your baby to latch on properly. Nipples with narrow bases can cause choking as the base can get into the baby’s mouth, especially if the baby sucks very strongly. Choose a bottle that has an anti-colic valve so that your baby doesn’t suffer from wind or stomach pain.
5. Age of the baby: You need to choose a bottle that is age-appropriate for your baby. A newborn baby would need a bottle with a capacity of about 150 ml and a slow flow uptil the age of 3 months. Older babies require a feeding bottle with a capacity of about 330 ml which has a steady flow, and thus, a larger nipple with multiple holes would work better.
6. Leak-free: It’s very important that a milk feeding bottle should be leak-free so that there is no mess and wastage of milk.
7. Ease of cleaning: A baby feeding bottle should be easy to clean. Bottles with a wide mouth and not too many parts are the easiest to clean. Vented bottles are a bit difficult to clean; and thus, not very convenient when traveling.
8. Weight: Always opt for lightweight bottles so that your baby can hold it while feeding so that you can train them for feeding on their own.
9. Maintenance: It is very important to keep sterilizing the bottles for the safety of your baby. Harsh detergents must be avoided as it can be harmful, so the cost of maintenance should be considered before buying the feeding bottle.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I replace my baby’s feeding bottle?
Usually milk bottles for babies should be replaced every 4 months but if you notice any cracking, chipping, or breaking, replace it immediately. This is especially true of glass bottles. Also, if the feeding bottle shows any sign of discoloration it needs to be discarded immediately. If you use feeding bottles with disposable liners, the liner has to be replaced after every use.
2. When should I sterilize my baby’s bottles?
It’s important to properly wash and sterilize the feeding bottle. You’ll need to clean and sterilize the bottle, nipple, and screw cap after each and every feed. It’s important that you continue doing this until your baby is 12 months old. This will protect your baby against infections like diarrhea and vomiting. The immune system of a baby is not strong enough to fight infections and milk is conducive to the growth of bacteria, so sterilize the feeding bottles after every feed.
3. Can a feeding bottle destroy my baby’s teeth?
While a feeding bottle won’t directly destroy your baby’s teeth, it can happen because of the natural sugar present in milk, formula, and fruit juice or if you give your baby any sweetened liquid, as it clings to their teeth. The bacteria present in the mouth survive on this sugar and release acids that attack the teeth.
Choosing a good feeding bottle should not be taken for granted, as they may complement how your little ones drink milk by being convenient, clean, and safe to use. However, now that you’ve gone through the list of the best feeding bottles, your selection process can be easier. While you might select one that is lightweight, BPA-free, and does not contain PET, PVC, lead, and phthalates, you might want to check if it is dishwasher-friendly, durable, and leak-proof. To enhance the way you search, don’t forget to check if the bottle comes with a soft nipple, is certified for quality, allows smooth movement of milk, is easy to maintain, and is lightweight. Also, don’t forget to check if the bottle suits your little one’s age to make sure they are comfortable holding it.