Boost your children’s attention span by getting them the best fidget toys for kids. Fidget toys are sensory gadgets that help children stay calm and focused. They are great for helping children deal with nervous energy, stress, and impatience. We’ve curated a list of some tried-and-tested and durable fidget toys that your children will love. So, keep scrolling and pick a perfect fidget toy for your child.
Benefits Of Fidget Toys For Kids
- Improve concentration: These toys help increase children’s focus and concentration levels. They also help them execute tasks, learn better, and enhance their sensory and movement inputs.
- Decrease anxiety: The toys provide a calming effect on children dealing with sensory and anxiety issues and disorders, such as ASD and ADHD. They help relieve symptoms by keeping their fingers and restless hands busy.
- Keep them busy: These toys can keep children engaged and effectively divert their excess energy. This allows parents to engage in various activities and complete tasks without worries.
11 Best Fidget Toys For Kids
1. Best Durable: Figetget Store Fidget Toys Pack
Made of durable materials, this complete pack comprises various fidget toys, including a snake twist puzzle, three stretchy fidget toy strings, a push pop it, a magical ball, a fidget ring in three pieces, and an infinity fidget cube. All of these items come in a box to keep them organized. The toys are light and compact to play with one hand and are safe for youngsters and older people.
2. Best For Sound: Scione Fidget Spinners
Featuring three vibrant silicone bubbles built into a plastic frame, these fidget toys make a pleasant popping sound. These are easy to hold with one hand and come in cute shapes and vibrant colors to keep the children engaged. The calming stress relievers offer moderate elasticity and a soothing whirring sound for a satisfying sensory experience. These handheld anxiety toys are washable and reusable. Check out this product testing video by a reviewer to learn more about the anti-anxiety fidget spinners.
3. Best Lightweight: Heruo Infinity Fidget Cube
Designed for one-handed operation, this cube-shaped fidget toy is easy to play with. Composed of eight small boxes, you can rotate each cube from any angle and direction. Flip and fold the cube to consistently transform it into various infinity shapes. Suitable for kids and adults, this twistable fidget toy helps in keeping your child busy. The tried-and-trusted calming focus toy made of quality plastic has a sleek design and is portable and lightweight.
4. Best Variety: Zen Laboratory Fidget Toys Pack
The fidget toy pack by Zen Laboratory has over 50 trendy fidget toys that a child would love to play with. These fidget toys have various textures and features, including squishy toys, button-based pop-its, stretchy straws, snappy sensory bracelets for calming, and more. The toys are fun, available in a variety of colors, and diverse enough to pique anyone’s interest. You can use these toys in therapy sessions as they can help calm your child and allow them to focus. Moreover, these sensory tangle toys are washable and reusable for easy and hygienic use.
5. Best Stress-Relieving: Hand2mind Sensory Fidget Tubes
The sensory fidget tube set by Hand2mind is colorful and educational to keep a child occupied for hours. With four tubes in a set, they motivate a child to breathe with the movement of the tube fillings to help them feel less stressed and anxious. Playing with the tubes can also assist in making the children more sociable. The expert-approved and quiet sensory toys set includes a magical reverse hourglass, a fidget tube, a soothing gravity spinner, and a sensory glitter tube. They are easy to use, have an appropriate size for children to hold, and are lightweight.
6. Best Non-Toxic: Kingyao Store Sensory Fidget Toys
Packed in a transparent storage box, this set of fidget toys is convenient and easy to play with. The portable pack includes one liquid motion timer, four squishy stress relief toys, one wacky track, two Easter egg slimes, one squeeze soybean, one flippy bike chain fidget, one magic cube, three marble and mesh, one American football foam ball, one basketball fidget toy, six stretchy strings, and two squeeze grape balls. All the products in this box are made from durable, non-toxic materials.
7. Best For Sensory Stimulation: Hhobby Stars Sensory Fidget Toys
With 31 types of fidget toys, this 61-piece pack includes wacky track, smiley stretch toys, magic cube, maze puzzle cube, sensory balls for kids, and more. Tested for quality, this portable pack has been made for people with disorders like ADHD, ADD, OCD, and autism.
8. Best With Smooth Surfaces: DoDoMagxanadu Store Fidget Dodecagon
Made of high-quality ABS plastic material, this 12-sided fidget cube comes with smooth surfaces and is great for tactile stimulation. It helps keep children’s minds and fingers occupied. Ideal for spinners, rollers, flickers, and clickers, the tactile fidget toy includes a joystick, silicone balls, disk, stress balls, buttons, gears, tactile rings for fidgeting, and more. It is durable, portable, discrete, and lightweight.
9. Best Long-Lasting: iBaste Bubble Sensory Fidget Toy
iBaste intelligent board game helps children exercise their motor skills, logical thinking, mental arithmetic, reasoning strategy, and mathematical thinking. Made of silicone, it is a non-toxic and safe squeeze toy for anxiety. These tried-and-tested bubbles are long-lasting, washable, and reusable.
10. Best With Magnetic Rings: 7 July Handheld Mini Fidget Toy Set
Including one bike chain, three magnetic rings, one fidget controller pad, and one metal infinity cube, this toy set is easy to handle and play with. You can carry these pocket-sized items with ease. Manufactured from high-quality ABS plastic material, the entire ADHD stress relief toy pack is durable and long-lasting.
11. Best For Brain Development: D-Fantix Store Rainbow Puzzle Ball
Shaped like a ball, this color-matching magic puzzle comes with twelve equally sized holes. Easy to store and carry, this one comes with two pouches. The safe and durable Autism fidget toy balls can help keep your child with autism engaged and promote brain development.
How To Choose The Right Fidget Toy For Kids?
Here are some factors to consider before buying a fidget toy for your kid.
- Use: Check whether the fidget toy is allowing movement. A fidget should not be distracting enough to draw the attention away completely.
- Requirement: The fidget toy should match your child’s needs and also fall within the appropriate age-range to ensure their safety. If your child is dealing with stressful symptoms, you can buy a calming and relaxing sensory squishy toy. You may also checkout reviews from other parents to assess if the product is parent-recommended.
- Material: Look for a fidget toy that is durable and made of high-quality material.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I introduce a fidget spinner in a classroom?
You can start by making the class aware that a fidget spinner is a device to help students and not a toy for playing. Keeping the device in a fixed location and having rules for its use can help maintain order in a classroom.
2. Which fidget spinner can help with ADHD?
Kids with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder can benefit from fidget spinners that offer sensory input, such as those that can be chewed, twisted, or have a slimy or sharp texture. These types of spinners can help children focus and manage their ADHD symptoms.
3. Are fidget toys still popular?
Yes, fidget toys, including fidget spinners and squeeze stress balls, are still popular among children and adults. You will find different types of fidget toys available in a variety of shapes, sizes, and vibrant colors and with added features such as lights and buttons.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is an established writer who reviews toys and gifts. She has extensively researched several products and read customer reviews to bring you a curated list of the best fidget toys for kids. Moreover, the writer has also included a buying guide to help you choose the right product for your little one. The toys on this list can help provide hours of stimulation for kids, decrease anxious energy, and improve concentration.
Fidget toys have completely changed the way parents deal with impatience and stress in their children. These sensory gadgets help children stay calm and collected while keeping them engaged for hours on end. The best fidget toys come in colorful, stimulating designs and effectively keep children distracted and worry-free. When choosing one, ensure it is made of durable and child-safe materials and offers different ways for children to have fun anywhere, any time and reduce their anxiety.
Infographic: Various Kinds Of Fidget Toys For Children
Fidget toys can be used in homes and classrooms to improve children’s concentration. Playing with these toys allows children to channel their reactions to excess sensory stimuli, helping them to calm down. Explore the following infographic to learn more about the types of fidget toys and their purposes.