What was once considered a mere fashion accessory has now become popular not only for their stylish appearance but also for their functionality. Fingerless gloves are widely used today for various purposes – to keep your hands warm, provide ultimate protection, and/or reduce joint stiffness and alleviate pain. These gloves cover up the back of your hand, wrist, and palm, so even though your fingers are exposed, your hand will still stay warm. All while enhancing the ability to use our fingers to undertake various tasks or activities such as cycling, typing, weight lifting, fishing, snowboarding, or using mobile phones. The open design keeps your digits comfortable while also letting heat escape to prevent sweat build-up.
If you are on the lookout for a pair of such gloves, you have arrived at the right place. Check out these 11 best fingerless gloves right away!
11 Best Fingerless Gloves
If you have arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, or Tendonitis, it can get challenging to go about your daily activities. That’s where Copper Compression Arthritis Gloves come into the play! One of the best fingerless gloves for typing, these gloves are infused with genuine copper ions and have the highest copper content. This means they work efficiently to help reduce stiff and sore joints and muscles while still allowing your hand and fingers to move. Although they measure 2 inches across the palm, they can be expanded to 4 inches for optimal compression.
- Lightweight and breathable
- Does not restrict movement
- Available in various sizes
- Super comfortable for everyday wear
- Machine washable on a delicate cycle
- They make for the best fingerless work gloves.
- The stitching on the side may not be strong enough.
Made of cotton spandex, ComfyBrace Fingerless Arthritis Gloves, assures you a comfortable and contoured fit without hindering mobility. You can work on the computer, walk your dog, or run errands with ease. They are designed to soothe pain and discomfort by providing maximum compression. These therapeutic gloves have moisture-wicking properties that help in stimulating blood circulation for enhanced hand dexterity, while also keeping your skin dry and letting it breathe.
- Available in 3 sizes
- Comfortable and flexible material
- Open finger design ensures good grip
- Includes a free exercise ebook
- Features a smart seam design for added durability
- May not be suitable for severe pain
Want to keep your hands warm and cozy during the cold winter months? Look no further than these knitted winter gloves! Made of 50% wool and 50% acrylic, they are thick and super comfy. These wool gloves are convertible, which means they come with a flap that can cover your fingers when you need extra protection, and it can be conveniently flipped back and secured with a Velcro strap when you want to use your fingers to do certain tasks. In addition to that, they are insulated with 3M Thinsulate that allows moisture to escape and keep your hands toasty.
- Soft and stylish
- One size fits all
- 4 different color options
- Suitable for various outdoor sports
- Anti-slip hogskin patch on the thumb and palm
- May not be durable
Made with a blend of high-quality fabrics such as cotton and spandex, these are the best fingerless gloves for women and men suffering from arthritis pain. They provide maximum comfort and mobility, thanks to their breathable and flexible properties. These lightweight fingerless gloves offer mild compression to support your thumbs, fingers, knuckles, and wrists to reduce swelling and pain in the joints. They can also retain heat and keep your hands warm. These gloves come in 3 different sizes so you can choose the pair that best fits your hands.
- Increases blood flow
- Available in 5 colors
- Keeps hands dry
- Comfortable for all-day wear
- Minimal stitching minimizes irritation and discomfort
- Open finger design enables you to touch and grip objects better
- May not be suitable for driving or riding because of their slippery surface
Some fingerless gloves, such as these satin gloves by Xuhan, make quite the statement accessories. Whether you’re attending a wedding or attending a 1920s inspired costume party, these gloves can elevate your look to a whole new level. Measuring 17.7 x 4.2 inches, they are available in one size fits most sizing. These elegant black gloves provide covering starting from the back of your hand up till your elbow.
- High elasticity ensures a snug fit
- Comfortable and breathable
- Suitable for many occasions
- Available in a variety of colors and designs
- The finger loop might be a bit fragile.
On the hunt for the best fingerless gloves for cycling or gym training? Atercel Workout Gloves are the perfect choice for you! These gloves feature a unique palm design that includes anti-slip silicone gel padding for a firm grip, foam cushioning that prevents blisters and calluses, and soft mesh on the inside to keep your hands cool and dry. Made with a combination of Lycra and stretchy fabric, they are incredibly lightweight and flexible. Just slip your hands into the gloves easily and keep your hands comfortable and protected during a workout or other such activities.
- Breathable and comfortable
- Available in 5 different sizes
- Adjustable Velcro straps offer a custom fit
- Air vents on the palm area allow moisture to escape
- The pull loop system makes it easy to take off the gloves
- Features a toweling panel at the back of the gloves to wipe away sweat
- The gloves may be slightly tight around the fingers.
If you are a serious fitness enthusiast, you sure need a good pair of fingerless gloves in your arsenal. They are comfortable to wear and provide a strong grip when holding equipment. The back part of the gloves is made of high-density mesh material that provides ventilation. Meanwhile, the palm side features cushioned padding with silica anti-slip points for reliable stability. These gloves are easy to wear and take off, thanks to their short and curved finger design. While they do provide a snug fit, the hook-and-loop closure on the wrist can be adjusted for extra tightness.
- Available in 3 sizes and 5 colors
- Pull loop design ensures easy removal
- Hollow out back design for enhanced breathability
- Double-layered palm design for added durability and comfort
- Soft towel panel at the back of the thumb makes it easy to wipe off sweat
- May not be recommended for heavy-lifting
Looking to shield your entire hands from the sun’s harmful rays but without giving up on your sense of touch? These might just be the right pair of gloves for you! These lightweight gloves cover all the way but your fingertips so that your fingers can move freely. Plus, they have a certified UPF rating of 50+, which means they will protect your hands and prevent sunburn. They have an open palm design with MythAirflow moisture transfer technology that transfers sweat and heat from your palm to the gloves’ exterior for efficient evaporation. Since these accessories retain dexterity and maneuverability, they are great for water sports and make for the best fingerless hiking gloves. They come with wrist and fingertip pull tabs that make it easy to slip on and remove the gloves even when they are soaking wet.
- Breathable and stretchy fabric
- Available in various sizes, colors, and designs
- Long cuff design keeps your wrist protected
- Features 2 small gaps on the fingers to increase flexibility
- Partial synthetic leather and silicone wave design provide excellent grip and traction
- The seams may come apart after continuous use.
Protect your hands from sun damage with these fingerless sun gloves with a UPF rating of 50+ that guarantees to block 98% of UVA/UVB rays. Ideal for light activities such as walking, driving, or relaxing, these gloves provide protection while also keeping your hands cool and dry, thanks to their Cooltect™ technology. Made with polyester and spandex, they are ultra-light and soft, making them comfortable to wear for long hours. Plus, they are easy to put on and fit snugly.
- Offers wrist coverage
- Includes pull-on closure design
- Safe to wash in the washing machine
- Breathable 4-way stretch micro-mesh construction
- Silicone grippers on the fingers and the palms provide additional dexterity and grip.
- May lack in durability
Dealing with the cold environment is easy when you have the right winter gear. Designed to keep your hands and arms warm and comfy during extreme cold, these winter gloves are made of super soft and fluffy faux fur. Plus, the thick knit design offers extra insulation. Also known as hand warmers, they provide excellent protection and allow finger mobility to operate touch screen devices without any hassle.
- Fashionable gloves
- True to size
- Features a thumbhole slit design
- Available in different colors and designs
- Textured crochet-knit pattern
- May not work well for big hands
Lethal blows during taekwondo training are quite common. Hence, it’s essential that you protect yourself with the right protective gear. Designed for kids and youth, these gloves are made of Lycra and PU synthetic leather, making them comfortable to wear and wear-resistant. All while the 8 mm EVA padding provides full hand protection with the ability to release shock impact. These gloves have high breathability and elasticity, thanks to the hollow palm design and mesh fabric between the fingers. Also ideal for karate, light sparring, and kickboxing training, they feature a cylindrical hold bar on the palm for enhanced hand grip that helps you make a powerful punch.
- Available in different sizes
- Adjustable Velcro offers custom fit
- Keeps sweat and smelly odor at bay
- Terry cloth on the thumb absorbs sweat
- The sizes may run small.
Now that you have gone through the reviews, let us look at a few essential points that will help pick the right pair of gloves.
How To Choose The Right Fingerless Gloves
- Material: Material is one of the key factors to consider when choosing a product. Since fingerless gloves are meant to offer comfort, make sure to buy ones that are made of soft and breathable fabric. They will wick away moisture and let in air, making it suitable for cold and hot weather. You also need to ensure the gloves are flexible for ease of use and durable. That said, you will also need to keep in mind what purpose you need the gloves for. For instance, wool, fleece, and polyester work well to keep your hands warm in winter, while gloves made of synthetic leather and EVA foam offer great protection.
- Size: Always choose the right size, which means they should fit your hands properly without discomfort. Large gloves may not provide enough compression and will be loose, while smaller ones could restrict hand movement and feel uncomfortable.
- Color: Fingerless gloves come in a multitude of colors so that you can pick a pair that matches your outfit, especially if you are someone who wears gloves to work or special events.
- Length: Choose length depending on what you need the gloves for. Gloves that go all the way up to your forearm or elbow offer excellent warmth and work amazingly well as a fashion accessory. Whereas gloves that stop at the wrist are best suited for outdoor activities and sports
- Stitching: Since most fingerless is recommended for all-day wear, you need to see whether the stitching on the seams are sturdy and rightly done. Opt for gloves with minimal stitching to prevent irritation and discomfort.
- Grip: Look for a pair of gloves that come with a non-slip material on the palm side. This will ensure a firm grip while holding objects.
Frequently asked questions
- What are the benefits of fingerless gloves?
- They are made of breathable materials that allow your skin to breathe.
- They are suitable for simple activities and outdoor activities.
- They can relieve pain in hand muscles and joints.
- They keep your hands warm and snug on cold days.
- They allow you to use your mobile phone and other touch screen devices without removing the gloves.
- Some of them are stylish and elegant and make for a great statement piece.
- How to use fingerless gloves?
Fingerless gloves are easy to wear – all you have to do is slip them on and fasten them with the strap (if included). Some gloves have multiple finger holes for each finger, while others have a large opening.
- Are fingerless gloves warm or cool?
Most fingerless gloves are perfect for warm and cold environments because of the open finger design.
If you wondered how fingerless gloves keep your hands warm, we hope you have got your answer now. Not only do these gloves offer warmth, but they also allow for mobility and dexterity, unlike traditional full-fingered gloves. Moreover, they are incredibly versatile in the sense that some are great for arthritis and sore joints, while others can provide UV protection. We hope you check out our reviews and thoroughly go through our buying guide to make an informed selection.