Fishing is a sophisticated activity that needs the right equipment to get the job done. One such essential gear is a pair of fishing gloves designed to provide protection and grip during fishing.
Fishing gloves come in many models and have additional features such as touchscreen compatibility, pull tabs to wear and remove easily, and extended wrist protection. So, you must check the features carefully and choose a pair of gloves that is right for you. To help you with this, we give you a list featuring some of the best fishing gloves and a buying guide to help you choose the best pair.
Top Products From Our List
13 Best Fishing Gloves
The KastKing fishing gloves offer 3/4th finger coverage and are designed to give you a good grip. So, these can also be used for kayaking and rowing. You can choose from six different colors and available sizes of small to xx-large.
- SPF 50 and UPF50 sun protection
- Made of breathable poly-spandex fabric
- Microfiber reinforced wear points for extra durability
- Pull table near the cuff and middle fingers
- Extra-long cuff for better coverage
- Four-way stretchable fabric, perfect for fishing activities
- Size may not be accurate
- Stitches may not be durable
Said to be ergonomically designed for ladies’ hands, Berkley’s fishing gloves could be one of the best women’s fishing gloves available. If you do not like to handle fish with bare hands, then these gloves could help you. These gloves come in a single size and in pink, blue, and grey.
- Palms are coated for excellent grip
- Flexible to allow free movements
- Prevents fish-handling injuries
- Full coverage helps in gripping slippery fish
- Not water-resistant
- Hooks might get caught in the material at the back of the palm
If you are looking for fishing gloves that can give you a good grip and protect your hands while fishing, try these gloves from The Fishing Tree. The fingerless design allows you to have a firm grip while unhooking fish, tying knots, or casting a line. These unisex gloves come in four different colors and five different sizes.
- SPF 50+ and UV skin protection
- Tested and verified by SGS group
- Safeguards hands from injuries and insect bites
- Variable sizes for men and women
- Faux leather paddings for better durability and comfort
- Quick-drying spandex
- Four-way stretchable fabric
- Hook-and-loop straps near the wrist
- Fishing strings or shirts might get stuck in the hook-and-loop strap
- Fingers are not fully covered
Made of 100% Lycra, these fishing gloves are breathable and durable. The Abaco Bay sun gloves come in a fingerless design and are said to offer sun protection. You can choose from the four different colors and three different size ranges.
- Lightweight and breathable
- UPF 50+ sun protection
- Fingerless design for a better grip
- Covers the knuckles and the wrist
- Form fitted and four-way stretch fabric
- Could be slippery
- Quality may not be up to the mark
If you like ice fishing, hiking, or snowboarding, this pair of battery-charged heating gloves could be one of the best ice fishing gloves for you. It also ranks as one of the best winter fishing gloves as it generates heat and keeps your hands warm. You can choose from small, medium, large, and extra-large sizes. Each pack consists of a pair of gloves, two lithium batteries, a wall charger, and a user guide. You will also get a portable bag that can fit all these.
- Rechargeable battery
- Built-in heating element
- Three levels of heating
- Waterproof and breathable
- Built-in battery pocket
- Touchscreen friendly
- One button for temperature control
- Adjustable wrist loops
- Grippy PU palms
- May not keep your hands warm enough in extreme temperatures
The Lindy fishing gloves are useful to protect your hands against cuts and bruises while fishing. They are made of Super Fabric brand material that can protect you from up to 800 punctures and cuts. The gloves are available in sizes from small to XXL.
- Protects the hands from fishing injuries
- Puncture-proof and cut-resistant
- Offers superior grip
- Does not absorb fish odor
- Hook-and-loop wrist closure
- Back of the gloves may not be bite-resistant
- Some may find the fingers bulky
With a fingerless design, the Riverruns summer fishing gloves are made of a comfortable and breathable fabric. These fishing gloves could be one of the best as they fit perfectly and give a good grip while handling fish or the fishing rod. They can also protect your hands from fishing injuries. They are available in four different colors and sizes from small to x-large.
- Certified UPF 50+
- Comfortable and form-fitting
- Anti-slip padding near the palms and on the middle and index fingers
- Pull-off near the wrist and the middle finger
- Flexible and touchscreen-friendly
- 3/4th coverage for better protection
- Could be a tight fit for larger hands
These fishing gloves can be of great help during your next fishing trip. The Booms gloves come in a fingerless design and are made of 85% elastane, which is lightweight, quick-drying, and breathable. You can choose between two colors and three sizes available.
- UPF 50+ protection
- Touchscreen friendly
- Covers 2in above the wrist for better protection
- Palms and fingers have faux leather patches for superior grip
- Half-finger design is great for tying knots, casting, etc.
- Pull tabs near the wrist and middle finger
- Quality may not be up to the mark
If you are looking for multi-functional fishing gloves that help handle fish and casting lines, try these gloves from Big Worm. These form-fitting gloves help in giving a good grip while hooking the worms or handling a slimy fish. The material of the gloves is stretchable, so one size can fit for sizes L to XL.
- Form-fitting and hugs the fingers and palms
- Specially designed surface near the palms for better grip
- Soft inner-lining for extra comfort
- Not waterproof
- A little bulky
Made of a polyester front fabric, interior plush pads in between, and a polyester+microfiber back fabric, these are good waterproof fishing gloves and help keep your hands warm and dry while fishing. The Magreel gloves are versatile and can also be used for cycling, running, photography, etc. They are available in medium and x-large sizes.
- Windproof and water-resistant
- Plush pads for extra comfort and sweat absorption
- Easy-to-open finger caps for the thumb, index, and middle fingers; convertible gloves
- Tab on the middle and ring finger to put on and off the gloves
- Exposed metal snaps might dig into fingers
- Insulation may not be enough for some
These fishing gloves are best for the safe handling of fish without damaging your hands or the fish. Made of PE material, these gloves are tough and prevent fish fins or scales from pricking your hands. You can choose between medium, large, and extra-large sizes.
- High-quality material
- Non-slip handle and emulsion coating on the palm
- Contains magnetic hooks for easy carrying
- Durable and lightweight
- Half-glove design, so water might get in
- There could be a size discrepancy
With six different colors to choose from, these fishing gloves from Koofin fit snuggly to your hands and give you better protection and grip. These gloves are also breathable, lightweight, and stretchable to give you maximum comfort.
- UPF 50+ sun protection
- Long cuff for better coverage
- Palms and fingers are reinforced with synthetic leather for a better grip
- Three-fourth coverage for the fingers
- Pull tabs near the wrist and fingers
- May cause blisters
- Thin material
The Bassdash fishing gloves are made of four-way stretch fabric, microfiber leather, neoprene, and spandex, giving a good grip and keeping your hands dry and cool. These gloves come in a user-friendly design with varying lengths for fingers, such as half-length for the thumb, ring, and little finger and 3/4th length for the fore and middle fingers. You can choose between grey and navy blue in sizes from small to X-large.
- User-friendly design
- Synthetic leather near palms and fingers for extra grip
- Breathable mesh back
- Adjustable wrist wrap
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Joints may rip off easily
How To Choose The Right Fishing Gloves?
Keep these points in mind while buying fishing gloves.
- Climate: The type of gloves should be in line with the climatic conditions of the fishing area. If you are going ice fishing during winters, then look for thick gloves with form-fitting to provide good insulation. But if you are fishing in warmer climates, then go for gloves that are made of breathable fabric and offer sun protection.
- Water: Saltwater tends to accumulate inside the gloves and make them stiff, so it is best to buy gloves that can drain water and have a reinforced grip. In the case of freshwater, you can go for lightweight and waterproof gloves.
- The catch: Saltwater fish tend to be larger than freshwater fish, so get gloves that have a solid grip for them.
- Material: Fishing gloves are made of various materials. Rubber gloves are durable but are heavy and non-breathable. Wool helps in keeping the hands warm but is heavy. It is best to buy gloves made of neoprene as it is said to offer better protection, durability, and breath ability.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I cut a full-fingered glove to make it finger less?
It is not advisable to cut the gloves to make them finger less as you would not have the same fit and form of a fingerless glove. Also, the ends of the fabric might get frayed and rip off.
2. Does duct tape work to cover holes on my gloves?
Duct tape can be a short term solution. However, it may not hold well when it comes in contact with water and can easily get ripped. So, the best solution is to look for a replacement.
3. Can I use thicker gloves while fishing during summers?
You may use thicker gloves during summers, but thicker gloves are designed to provide insulation, so when you use such gloves in warmer climates, your palms heat up and sweat, making you uncomfortable.
To have the best time during fishing, it is necessary to be well equipped. Invest in some quality fishing gloves to keep you safe from fishing injuries and sunburns. Some versatile gloves can also be used for skiing, skating, kayaking, etc., and these offer value for money.